Thanos vs Juggernaut: STRENGTH ONLY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supervenom
Who is stronger? No invulnerability issues here, just strength since it is not the main factor for either.

Both take a punch at Odin. Who hurts Odin more?

ThePittman
Old or new Juggernaut?

supervenom
Old (no 8th Day).

golem370
I would say equal maybe Thanos with about 20% advantage.

Soujaboy
again?

supervenom
I never asked this before.

This is Strength in terms of whose punch is more powerful.

If this was asked before, sorry.

Soujaboy
So it's not a fight, it's just a test of who's stronger? if so this hasn't been done, and I apologize.

supervenom
That's what it is. No problem smile

Soujaboy
They both have never been given a base strength lv, both have been labeled as having immeasurable strength. Because of this we have to go of pure strength feats, and Thanos I think has more feats so in this thread his base strength is higher.

General Kon-El
Originally posted by supervenom

Both take a punch at Odin. Who hurts Odin more? Neither of their punches would hurt Odin actually. But theoretically speaking, Thanos's punch would hurt Odin more than Juggernaut's

boriquaking55
Juggernaught probably is about equal to Thanos, he's powered by a being who is around Skyfather level.....Juggs is more known for durability than strength anyways.

Soujaboy
Cyttorak is above Skyfather lv, he's close to or on par with Galactus and Eternity's power.

boriquaking55
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Cyttorak is above Skyfather lv, he's close to or on par with Galactus and Eternity's power.

See people say that, but provide no proof. Galactus lvl? Ha, that's actually laughable.

Edit: As a matter of fact, I'm sick of hearing about Juggernaut being overrated and debating about him. I'd like some proof on Cytorrak's ability. I find HIM overrated to all hell. Im sure someone will pop in talking about his powerful "magic" (aka PLOT DEVICE) but the fact is Cytorrak gets put on a pedastal way too much. He's strong but he aint anywhere near abstract level.

At best, he's near cube-being level. Cytorrak has no business being in the same room as Eternity or Galactus. That's just poor writing

Soujaboy
Ok here you go, In Sorcerers Supreme #49 Cyttorak was able to imprison a non starving Galactus within his realm.

In another instance Eternity failed at getting rid of Cyttorak, don't believe me ask Tron or look it up. According to those feats he's not overrated, he's underrated.

boriquaking55
Ok here you go, In Sorcerers Supreme #49 Cyttorak was able to imprison a non starving Galactus within his realm.

In another instance Eternity failed at getting rid of Cyttorak, don't believe me ask Tron or look it up. According to those feats he's not overrated, he's underrated.

Key word, IN HIS REALM. and Galactus jobs to everyone and their mother anyways.

The second example is just PIS pure and simple. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in his realm, but damn - I find it appaulling that people even take half of those feats in the Strange books seriously, the jobbing is almost laughable. I mean, Strange took on Eternity and even held his own against LT in a similar arc. C'mon, even high I can't seriously believe that. Bad writing. Not trying to sound like a Thanos fanboy (HE WAS INDEED LOSING TO ODIN :P ) but damn, the BIAS here can get pretty ridiculous.

Keep in mind most off the aformentioned feats are from 70's arcs, I'm sure they mean a lot today as the Marvel universe has changed so much since then anywaysroll eyes (sarcastic)

Soujaboy
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Key word, IN HIS REALM. and Galactus jobs to everyone and their mother anyways.

The second example is just PIS pure and simple. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in his realm, but damn - I find it appaulling that people even take half of those feats in the Strange books seriously, the jobbing is almost laughable. I mean, Strange took on Eternity and even held his own against LT in a similar arc. C'mon, even high I can't seriously believe that. Bad writing.

Keep in mind most of these feats are from 70's arcs, I'm sure they mean a lot today as the Marvel universe has changed so much since then anywaysroll eyes (sarcastic)

It was never stated that Cyttorak was any stronger in his realm than he is any where else. So we cant just assume for that to be true.

Why not take what Dr.Strange does seriously? he's the Sorcerer Supreme, it's his job to do crazy shit.

How can Cyttoraks feats be PIS if he doesn't have any bad feats to compare his good feats to. Thus his characters isn't writ en out of context if he has few feats are good feats.

boriquaking55
It was never stated that Cyttorak was any stronger in his realm than he is any where else. So we cant just assume for that to be true.

Why not take what Dr.Strange does seriously? he's the Sorcerer Supreme, it's his job to do crazy shit.

How can Cyttoraks feats be PIS if he doesn't have any bad feats to compare his good feats to. Thus his characters isn't writ en out of context if he has few feats are good feats.

Ok, I understand that. I'll leave Cytorrak out of this since he lacks substantial feats and a lot of info on him is speculative. Back on topic, I would think Thanos would have a higher base strength than Juggs, since Juggs main asset is his durability, not his strength.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by boriquaking55
Ok, I understand that. I'll leave Cytorrak out of this since he lacks substantial feats and a lot of info on him is speculative. Back on topic, I would think Thanos would have a higher base strength than Juggs, since Juggs main asset is his durability, not his strength.

I agree, but if 8th day and other instances where Juggernaut was shown to increase his powers counted in this topic, Juggernaut would win.

Warmonger
I really don't know who is stronger. But I've nver seen Thanos backhand Thor across a city.

olympian
Thanos is stronger than any top tier alone. In fact more than just one by some showings.

Juggernaut isent above the likes of Hulk and Thor unless hes juicing out.

supervenom
Originally posted by olympian
Thanos is stronger than any top tier alone. In fact more than just one by some showings.

Juggernaut isent above the likes of Hulk and Thor unless hes juicing out.

What Juggs does have over them is Invulnerability and that's it.

Thanos Reigns!

who?-kid
I don't know who is stronger, but since Juggernaut's strength is fueled by magic (by the very very powerful Cyttorak), I vote for Juggernaut.

Juggernaut is imo at least as strong as a very angry Hulk.

Oh, and it would be an interesting fight, Juggernaut vs Thanos.

Mider
Juggs is stronger he stalemated warhulk in strenght

Soujaboy
I don't no why people seem to believe that Thor is stronger than Juggernaut? it's kind of crazy since on two occasions Juggernaut nearly killed Thor. The other fight was already been titled as PIS, and he still had a chance to win that one.

olympian
Theyr both peers. While Thor shutting down the forcefiled was doubtfull, it was a good way to show how they relate to each other in strenght without any outside circunstances, like Thor suffering some illness over some reason in his first fight with Jugs iirc.

None showed to be stronger than the other.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by olympian
Theyr both peers. While Thor shutting down the forcefiled was doubtfull, it was a good way to show how they relate to each other in strenght without any outside circunstances, like Thor suffering some illness over some reason in his first fight with Jugs iirc.

None showed to be stronger than the other.

There second fight was titled as PIS, and in there first two fights Juggernaut displayed to be stronger, by a lot.

In the first fight Thor's illness was going off and on. After he awoke from being ko'd though it seemed to be gone.

Lord Urizen
Could Juggernaut beat Apocalypse?

I have never seen him do so.

I vote Thanos.

Soujaboy
has he ever fought Apocalypse?

Lord Urizen
The argument someone made was that juggy can beat Thor ...

SO WAT?

Thanos beat Mad Thor when he had the Power Gem.

Thanos takes this.

leonidas
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
The argument someone made was that juggy can beat Thor ...

SO WAT?

Thanos beat Mad Thor when he had the Power Gem.

Thanos takes this.

confused

no he didn't. he pulled out a gun and trapped him temporarily until they could take him to asgard where ODIN could be called in to deal with him. depending on who you like better you could say thor was getting the better of thanos, it was a draw or thanos was taking thor. i'd say pretty much draw, but it was 'stupid' thor just battering away. thanos says he was 'bored'. it was clear he was posing no real threat to thor. perhaps the reverse was also true . . .

Fanboy
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Could Juggernaut beat Apocalypse?

I have never seen him do so.

I vote Thanos.

If Namor beat Apocalypse while he had prep then Juggernaut could do better.

Mider
namor didnt beat apocalypse thanks not to my knowledge, and juggs stalemated warhulk who has the power of two universes.

leonidas
Originally posted by Mider
namor didnt beat apocalypse thanks not to my knowledge, and juggs stalemated warhulk who has the power of two universes.

blink

er, no . . .

juggs was 'stopped' by war hulk who was pretty much ready to kill him a few minutes later with his sword when the interference happened . . .

i don't think even soulja would say juggs stalemated in that fight . . .

no

Mider
he stalemated him not defeated him.

leonidas
he stalemated him not defeated him.

have you actually SEEN the book . . . confused

Mider
have you?

Soujaboy
Well they were punching each other around, but in the end War Hulk was standing over Cain. What would have happened after that I don't no, but I don't think the sword would have killed him. Still that was a great feat for Cain, and a nice read.

Warmonger
LEaonids is assuming the Sword would have killed him. Considering Juggernaut has walked aroudn with nonoe of his rogans before its pretty obiviuos that he doesn;'t need them to live. So even beheading probably would kill him.

kgkg

Mider
but he didnt do it with out it did he?

kgkg
but he didnt do it with out it did he?
yes he did.

He showed us that he doesn't need a GUn.

leonidas
ah, kg, bless your little heart . . .

if he didn't need tech, why'd he go get the gun? and knowing thanos, his armor was rigged to do the same thing.

and i always say he needed the gun, because, well . . . he stopped fighting and left to get it. stick out tongue

leonidas
Originally posted by Warmonger
LEaonids is assuming the Sword would have killed him. Considering Juggernaut has walked aroudn with nonoe of his rogans before its pretty obiviuos that he doesn;'t need them to live. So even beheading probably would kill him.

i suppose it is only speculation on my part, but since war was able to overcome cyttorak's power, i see no reason to think the sword couldn't have overcome whatever invulnerability kept him alive in the past. i believe war could have and would have killed him.

kgkg

Skeets
Originally posted by leonidas
ah, kg, bless your little heart . . .

if he didn't need tech, why'd he go get the gun? and knowing thanos, his armor was rigged to do the same thing.

and i always say he needed the gun, because, well . . . he stopped fighting and left to get it. stick out tongue
It's the same reason Galactus uses Tech..... smile
Thanos has shown that he can do things without tech that he would normally use tech to do....did that comeout right....confused

leonidas
Originally posted by kgkg
Did you not read the whole series?

Guess not

you know better than that . . .

so, he saved energy by getting the gun to fight thor, but didn't mind wasting it before going into battle with odin. confused

there are only 2 logical explanations: either he had tech in his glove (a definite possibility given the gadgets he has) or the writers saw his abilities differently and we're both right.

since you're so rarely right, i'll choose to go with the former. big grin

Mider
yeah right sounds like a lame excuse, he must have needed the gun, galactus uses his tech not to waiste energy, thanos doesnt have to watch his energy supply. Its lame i could put Thanos vs TOAA and people would find excuses for him to win.

Lord Urizen
Mider, Thanos is very capable of beating almost any opponent , including Juggernaut.

He has proven his status and reputation, Thanos should not be disrespected like that.

Mider
thanos shouldnt be able to beat anyone, he wins to much, here people have more respect for him they do lucifer morningstar, or galactus, oh yeah Slade tagging flash PIS but thanos hanging with tyrant purely canon, thanos catching surfer even though thanos dont move that fast total canon, but Slade doing the same PIS, Thanos knocking down galactus with his power total canon, but Slade beating the JLA NONSENSE, sad sad sad he wouldnt beat juggernaut less he had battle field removal other then that how would he win.

Lord Urizen
Mider....so what ?

WE don't have to have more respect for Lucifer than Thanos, we have the right to like who we want.

PLEASE don't let your dislike for Thanos turn into your dislike for the Living Tribunal, PLEASE,.....

THERES NOTHING you can say to discredit Thanos in ne way, you're stepping into really bad territory here dude...your gonna make a lot of enemies, just leave Thanos alone lol

GODSCRIBE
Mider, seriously I hope you get hit by a bus on your way to pre-school.

Mider
i can so say things to descredit things you just like him so much you dont wish to acknowledge them, and be quiet godscribe i graduated highschool unlike yourself and if you say i did too why dont you act like it.

GODSCRIBE
i can so say things to descredit things you just like him so much you dont wish to acknowledge them, and be quiet godscribe i graduated highschool unlike yourself and if you say i did too why dont you act like it.

lmao highschool? well congratulations you highschool diploma having, burger flipping, fictional character hating reject.

i have a degree in screenwriting, and am a major in business admin and music media you pathetic freak. and im 20 years old. i cant say the same for you. look at you; cant even form coherent sentences.

Mider
you have a degree and to think no one would think so since you act like a preschool kid, how old are you 5? if you think yoru so grown up and junk act like it.

Lord Urizen
I'm 20 also.

Mider, in all curiosity, no insult here, how old are you actually ?

BTW, i do like you very much, i am not trying to be mean to you.

I just don't get your hatred for a character, it doesnt make sense. ESPECIALLY THANOS ?

I don't get how someone can dislike THANOS so much.......

roughrider
Thanos fans have reeeaaally taken his drubbing by Odin very personal... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soujaboy
Well im 14 big grin big grin

Avalonofthewind
Under normal circumstances, Thanos is the clear victor in the strength category.

hulk=strength
check this out 14 in the 10th grade but startin runninback for varsity Happy Dance

hulk=strength
movin on though as much as i hate to admit juggs wins but he doesnt have unlmted strngth

Lord Urizen
How does Juggs win this ?

hulk=strength
hes not in hulk an juggs strength category however...

hulk=strength
but his energy manipulation puts him there eh big grin

hulk=strength
the reason juggs wins is cause this is a strength match an juggs aint a pushover

Soujaboy
How are you 14 and in the tenth grade? I'm 14 and young for a Freshman, let alone being 14 in the 10th grade.

BTW whats your fav play outta the backfield?

hulk=strength
27 left blue sweep an i am a freshman but have only 3 days of school left with as an bs

hulk=strength
oh an souja sorry for losin the temper ......bak on topic i agree 100% with mider

Soujaboy
I played football, I was the startin HB but not on Varsity.

My fav play is Rex slot right Lizz 47 give.

hulk=strength
only reason i start is cause im benchin 245 weighin in at 180 ...but on sad point i sqaut 235 embarrasment

snoopdogg
Originally posted by hulk=strength
only reason i start is cause im benchin 245 weighin in at 180 ...but on sad point i sqaut 235 embarrasment When I was a sophmore I was doing reps of 225 for four sets of eight.

Right now at 31 I am doing 315 for four sets of eight.

hulk=strength
yes an how much do you weigh an were you tryin to lose or gain mass
an 315 ...nice thumb up

snoopdogg
How are you 14 and in the tenth grade? I'm 14 and young for a Freshman, let alone being 14 in the 10th grade.

BTW whats your fav play outta the backfield? My favorite play when I played was the Fullback power blast.

Man I loved that sh!t.

snoopdogg
yes an how much do you weigh an were you tryin to lose or gain mass
an 315 ...nice thumb up Right now I am about 195 at around 5% body fat.

Soujaboy
Im not as big as niether of you are and were.

Im 5'5 135

Max Bench 125

Max Squat( Im really proud of this) 250

I was used as the speed cut and slash back. I think our team has potential to go to state this year.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Right now I am about 195 at around 5% body fat.

This may sound funny, but when my coach measured my body fat, is was at 4%

snoopdogg
This may sound funny, but when my coach measured my body fat, is was at 4% Well you are only 5'5" and weigh 135. That's about average.

The heavier and bigger you are the harder it is to keep your body fat low.

Soujaboy
This summer im gonna be at the school every day hittin the weights

Snoop what do you think a good diet is if im tryin to get bigger?

snoopdogg
This summer im gonna be at the school every day hittin the weights

Snoop what do you think a good diet is if im tryin to get bigger? Bigger? Boy some protein and get some N.O. explode. Oh and eat alot.

When you lift do heavy weight for low reps.

hulk=strength
advice from me chicken, tuna an 5000 calories of healthy food and im at 7 % bodyfat at 5,9 180

hulk=strength
an ill be tryin 4 265 on monday

snoopdogg
advice from me chicken, tuna an 5000 calories of healthy food and im at 7 % bodyfat at 5,9 180 Yea chicken and tuna have alot of protein. I eat those alot along with a steak.

Soujaboy
Hulk=Strength, your a big dude.

I probably wont be that big until I'm a senior

Lethal_Rise
Hulk is more known for his strenght than anyone else ('cept maybe hercules). Jugg and thanos are supposedly unlimited, but don't rely on their strenth. (wow, thas been said a million times now)

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Lethal_Rise
Hulk is more known for his strenght than anyone else ('cept maybe hercules). Jugg and thanos are supposedly unlimited, but don't rely on their strenth. (wow, thas been said a million times now)

That was well said

I didn't know Thanos had unlimited strength? well now I do.

aliveinboston
That was well said

I didn't know Thanos had unlimited strength? well now I do.

Thanos is one of the physically strongest beings in the universe. Juggernaut is not nearly in the same class in terms of strength. But Thanos doesnt have the power to hurt him.

roughrider
The source of Juggs infinite durability - Cyttorak crystal - is the same source of his strength. So truthfully, if he's walking forward, pushing with his arms, whatever object is in his way - no matter how heavy - will eventually move. So, on paper his strength is as unlimited as his durability. Thanos is below infinite.

Mider
juggs didnt get beat down by warhulk till near the end of that battle before that he was holding his own like i said i dont see thanos beating a guy with the combined physical power of two universes.

branhole
im 14,145,5,8 and i throw around kids who r 180 and higher.

branhole
thanos fights wth hulk,thing and thor, silver surfer and others at the same time,so ill be dambed if hes in the same streanght class as juggs.

branhole
thanos is way higher than juggs.

Mider
yeah he's higher cause you say so, logically he isnt, he's not as durable, juggs gets stronger as seen in eight day, he also has other powers, if he wasnt so dumb he'd beat the stuffing out of thanos, and you branhole think thanos can beat juggs even if i said no mind powers, no BRF, and no count outs sorry but your biased.

branhole
i do because cant thanos augument his powers by absorbing cosmic powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.