Beta Ray Bill VS. Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Who takes it?

This is the version of Doomsday that killed Superman in their first battle against current Bill.

One KO/Death is considered a loss.

No prep. Battle takes place in space in an Asteroid field. They both start out on an Asteroid the size of Texas.

Debate.

Accel
Unless Bill pulls a Thor and acts like a complete dumbass, I'd say he takes it.

Validus
Bill easily. Holding back is what got Superman killed and Bill isn't likely to do that.

leonidas
i wouldn't say easily. don't forget, dd was evolving through that battle. who knows how he'd evolve against bill. still though, i agree -- bill is a beast and would take it. a figth would be tough though. not sure how dd would resist being removed from the battlefield however. erm

Validus
For the all evolving he did he was still only Superman's equal by the time it was all over. He started off much weaker. I dunno, I just don't see lasting nearly long enough against Bill to evolve to that level.

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus
For the all evolving he did he was still only Superman's equal by the time it was all over. He started off much weaker. I dunno, I just don't see lasting nearly long enough against Bill to evolve to that level.

you could be right. it was pretty impressive what he did to the league though. his only shot would be speed which has always been an issue in that book. if they really wanted us to think he had 'flash-like' speed, they should have done a better job actually depicting it . . . erm

branhole
bills not thor, hes a much better fighter and way more ferocious. id say bill puts him down hard, i dont see dd winning if one kill is a ll it takes.

leonidas
Originally posted by branhole
bills not thor, hes a much better fighter and way more ferocious.

that's a fallacy propagated in the forums. bill is NOT more skilled. if anything, they are even. i also doubt very highly that bill is more ferocious. a po'd thor is a true and absolute beast. bill woke up first from their h2h fight because odin picked an environment that gave bill a slight edge. that was the difference in their fight. i would love to know where the notion of bill being more skilled and more vicious came from . . .

branhole
well thor doesnt always fight pissed, i know when he wm hes a beast but normal thor is not so therefore bill is more ferocios

snoopdogg
Originally posted by leonidas
i would love to know where the notion of bill being more skilled and more vicious came from . . . I know some people don't use the handbooks for reference but when it comes to gauging fighting skills I think they are appropriate.

The handbooks give BRB a level 5 in fighting and Thor has a 4.

Validus
that's a fallacy propagated in the forums. bill is NOT more skilled. if anything, they are even. i also doubt very highly that bill is more ferocious. a po'd thor is a true and absolute beast. bill woke up first from their h2h fight because odin picked an environment that gave bill a slight edge. that was the difference in their fight. i would love to know where the notion of bill being more skilled and more vicious came from . . .
Everyone is still on a Beta Ray Bill high. Bill in Stormbreaker fought the way everyone wishes Thor would fight. Taking a herald's weapon and impaling them with it on an asteroid right before smashing said asteroid to rubble? Come on, thats badass. big grin

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus
Everyone is still on a Beta Ray Bill high. Bill in Stormbreaker fought the way everyone wishes Thor would fight. Taking a herald's weapon and impaling them with it on an asteroid right before smashing said asteroid to rubble? Come on, thats badass. big grin

laughing out loud

i'm not arguing that bill's badass. i actually loved that mini. just that once thor goes off, he is also insane. bill's characterization in his first appearances did not shown him as more vicious. throughout the surtur saga, he was in fact VERY much like thor. his having more skill than thor is just silly, and likely marvel's way of trying to create a difference between the 2.

i've loved bill since he was brought in. but it seems in the forum most think bill would beat thor because of this alleged 'greater skill' or 'greater ferocity'. i happen to disagree. big grin

snoopdogg
laughing out loud

i'm not arguing that bill's badass. i actually loved that mini. just that once thor goes off, he is also insane. bill's characterization in his first appearances did not shown him as more vicious. throughout the surtur saga, he was in fact VERY much like thor. his having more skill than thor is just silly, and likely marvel's way of trying to create a difference between the 2.

i've loved bill since he was brought in. but it seems in the forum most think bill would beat thor because of this alleged 'greater skill' or 'greater ferocity'. i happen to disagree. big grin Sounds like a good idea for a thread.

BRB vs. Thor.

Accel
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I know some people don't use the handbooks for reference but when it comes to gauging fighting skills I think they are appropriate.

The handbooks give BRB a level 5 in fighting and Thor has a 4.
I wouldn't trust the handbooks to tell me the sky's blue.

IIRC they have Wolverine listed as a 7 in fighting skill (meaning he's learned every form of combat), even though he's never shown top-quality martial arts skill, and they have Shang Chi listed as a 5.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Accel
I wouldn't trust the handbooks to tell me the sky's blue.

IIRC they have Wolverine listed as a 7 in fighting skill (meaning he's learned every form of combat), even though he's never shown top-quality martial arts skill, and they have Shang Chi listed as a 5. Shang-Chi is the master of Kung-Fu. A single form of combat like level 5 indicates.

Wolverine is Wolverine.

I don't care what people say about the handbooks they are official and I go by them. I think that when a character goes out of the limits of the handbooks the story should fall into PIS category or whatever.

Accel
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Shang-Chi is the master of Kung-Fu. A single form of combat like level 5 indicates.

Wolverine is Wolverine.

I don't care what people say about the handbooks they are official and I go by them. I think that when a character goes out of the limits of the handbooks the story should fall into PIS category or whatever.
See, here's my problem with the handbooks though. They're written by guys who most likely don't even really read many comics to begin with and go by what they believe to be true. As DC pointed out many times, Namor is easily Class 100+, but he used to be listed as Class 85. Base-strength Hulk is listed at Class 75, yet he's performed Class 100+ feats at base strength as well. Overall, while the handbooks provide good basic information for those new to comics, they don't always accurately display information about a character. Who knows, lower-level bricks like Thing and Colossus could actually be CL100+ and we wouldn't know it until they actually perform feats of said class.

The handbooks SHOULD be reliable sources, since they are approved by Marvel, but I doubt Marvel actually checks them to make absolute sure the handbooks are thoroughly accurate. It's because of that that I don't like to use them; I prefer to go with what I see in comics instead.

JohnnyDo3
Doomsday would kill beta ray bill in one hand

Skeets
Originally posted by JohnnyDo3
Doomsday would kill beta ray bill in one hand
English please......jockey

gogogadgetgo
bump

icu311
DOS Doomsday vs. BRB is a close fight imo, with BRB coming out on top more times than not...

Bentley
Bill wins easily.

carver9
this is a none fight, bill one shot his ass every time. This is a none fight, please use a more powerful version of doomsday that has some kind of feats making him appears as bills equal or even close.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by carver9
this is a none fight, bill one shot his ass every time. This is a none fight, please use a more powerful version of doomsday that has some kind of feats making him appears as bills equal or even close. laughing out loud eek!

iceman24567
Yeah i barley understood him.

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
laughing out loud eek!

She me doomsday taking something CLOSE to what bill can dish out? Did you understand THAT iceman?

xJLxKing
She me doomsday taking something CLOSE to what bill can dish out? Did you understand THAT iceman?
Fighting the JLA with his hand behind his back. Defeating/killing Superman. Yeah, I think he can take a shot.

carver9
Fighting the JLA with his hand behind his back. Defeating/killing Superman. Yeah, I think he can take a shot.

That aint shit; he beat up on some c list heroes, none wasnt even in the 100 ton range except maybe martian manhunter. How about you list the line up that doomsday fought and defeated then you'll why your post fails.

Also, didnt this doomsday get his ass handed to him by maxima, didnt even get a punch in until superman interviened.

Isnt this the same supes that got knocked out by a damn exploding gas station and got his ass handed to him by solomon grundy. I wonder what beta ray bill would do to this supes. confused

Isnt this the same doomsday that got taken out by a punch that shatter windows.

this is a none fight.

The Scribe
Doomsday was created in the distant past on Krypton, long before the humanoid Kryptonian race had gained dominance over the planet. It was a violent, hellish world where only the absolute strongest of creatures could survive (at the time, the world's dominant life-forms were said to be the most dangerous creatures in the universe). In an effort to create the ultimate life-form, the alien scientist Bertron sent an infant who was born in vitro to the surface of the planet where it would be promptly killed by the harsh environment. Its remains were harvested and used to clone a stronger version of it, a process repeated countless times as a form of accelerated natural selection. The agony of these deaths were recorded in his genes, driving the creature to hate all life. Evolving, eventually the child was able to survive the hot temperature and rock landscape, only to be quickly killed by the savage creatures that inhabited the planet. Eventually, it gained the ability to return to life and adapt and overcome what killed it in its prior life without the need of Bertron's technology. "The Ultimate" hunted and killed all of the lethal creatures that then inhabited Krypton, including Bertron, whom he had come to identify as hostile, due to having been "killed" by him hundreds upon hundreds of times.

Doomsday

In Doomsday's first acts and appearance he dismantled the Justice League and took down Superman.

Doomsday shows Beta Ray the meaning of the word pain.

carver9
Originally posted by The Scribe
Doomsday was created in the distant past on Krypton, long before the humanoid Kryptonian race had gained dominance over the planet. It was a violent, hellish world where only the absolute strongest of creatures could survive (at the time, the world's dominant life-forms were said to be the most dangerous creatures in the universe). In an effort to create the ultimate life-form, the alien scientist Bertron sent an infant who was born in vitro to the surface of the planet where it would be promptly killed by the harsh environment. Its remains were harvested and used to clone a stronger version of it, a process repeated countless times as a form of accelerated natural selection. The agony of these deaths were recorded in his genes, driving the creature to hate all life. Evolving, eventually the child was able to survive the hot temperature and rock landscape, only to be quickly killed by the savage creatures that inhabited the planet. Eventually, it gained the ability to return to life and adapt and overcome what killed it in its prior life without the need of Bertron's technology. "The Ultimate" hunted and killed all of the lethal creatures that then inhabited Krypton, including Bertron, whom he had come to identify as hostile, due to having been "killed" by him hundreds upon hundreds of times.

Doomsday

In Doomsday's first acts and appearance he dismantled the Justice League and took down Superman.

Doomsday shows Beta Ray the meaning of the word pain.

Put up beta bio and compare both

iceman24567
She me doomsday taking something CLOSE to what bill can dish out? Did you understand THAT iceman? Nope

xJLxKing
That aint shit; he beat up on some c list heroes, none wasnt even in the 100 ton range except maybe martian manhunter. How about you list the line up that doomsday fought and defeated then you'll why your post fails.

Also, didnt this doomsday get his ass handed to him by maxima, didnt even get a punch in until superman interviened.

Isnt this the same supes that got knocked out by a damn exploding gas station and got his ass handed to him by solomon grundy. I wonder what beta ray bill would do to this supes. confused

Isnt this the same doomsday that got taken out by a punch that shatter windows.

this is a none fight.
You are not worthy of a face palm. instead you get..
hysterical2

carver9
You are not worthy of a face palm. instead you get..
hysterical2

I guess that mean that you couldnt counter what I said since everything that I said was true.

iceman24567
I guess that mean that you couldnt counter what I said since everything that I said was true. Nope

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nope

What was a lie

xJLxKing
I guess that mean that you couldnt counter what I said since everything that I said was true.
Actually, I countered what you said. You just can't seem to accept it.

Try to remember what you said. If you can't here is the quote
"bill one shot his ass every time"
yeah, I still laugh at this.

iceman24567
this is a none fight. eek!

Grinning Goku
Bill > DOS Doomsday.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
eek!

Like I said, none fight. how about you make a thread with the supes that fought doomsday vs current beta ray bill and see what everyone say.

iceman24567
Like I said, none fight. how about you make a thread with the supes that fought doomsday vs current beta ray bill and see what everyone say. Like i said nope.

Nihilist
Beta Ray Bill wins.

psycho gundam
Put up beta bio and compare both bill's transformation into beta ray is quite similar to doomsday's origin. eeerr.. doomsday's is similar to bill's i mean.

Spire
Bill wins, but this isn't a... non fight.

Enyalus
Bill does win this. And yes, it is done easily.

One-shot? No. 3-5 shots? Without question.

xJLxKing
3-5? No! Maybe 6-7. He took good shots from Superman. Yeah, they weren't as powerful as they are now, but still very strong. He took good shots from Superman and walk all over him. NO doubt he won't adapt through out the fight with Bill.

Yeah, Bill wins though..

Enyalus
3-5? No! Maybe 6-7. He took good shots from Superman. Yeah, they weren't as powerful as they are now, but still very strong. He took good shots from Superman and walk all over him.

BRB has one-shotted a planet with his physical blows. Twice.

And his energy output was high enough to 'shake the firmament of the universe.'

So yes...3-5. I think five is generous at that.

Juk3n
Dave wins, He are stronger!

Enyalus
Originally posted by Juk3n
Dave wins, He are stronger!
Lambda Ray Larry > Delta Ray Dave & Beta Ray Bill combined.

Harbinger
Not sure if Be Right Back 3-5 shots Doomsday, but he puts him down with ease here. DD doesn't take a single win.

carver9
Hmmm, I wonder if doomsday could take any of these attacks without being one shotted?

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/253/page003004jy7.jpg
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8365/page005va5.jpg
and lets not forget that who bill one shotted was giving thor a fight

HMMM, another attack
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8775/stormbreaker0119bz0.jpg

I know this would hurt.
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2520/stormbreaker0308io5.jpg
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/624/stormbreaker0310im9.jpg

Another planet
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1236/stormbreaker41617ln0.jpg

Damn, another one shot
http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormbreaker522233it.jpg

Enyalus
Hmmm, I wonder if doomsday could take any of these attacks without being one shotted?

Wurd. That's an amped Fenris Wolf.

Damn, another one shot
http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormbreaker522233it.jpg

Also impressive. The person he's killing is Asteroth, a universal-level threat similar to Galactus, who had been imprisoned in a different dimension.

carver9
Originally posted by Enyalus

Wurd. That's an amped Fenris Wolf.

Also impressive. The person he's killing is Asteroth, a universal-level threat similar to Galactus, who had been imprisoned in a different dimension.

Yep, everything you said is true and bill is underrated. I cant wait until the bill and surfer fight, by the way its looking bill won since he's heading to face galactus.

psycho gundam
dos dd would not withstand those shots.

that's not even debatable really.

guy222
http://g.imagehost.org/t/0435/img014.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0009/img015.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0408/img016.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0721/img017.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0113/img018.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0427/img020.jpg http://g.imagehost.org/t/0320/img022.jpg

JakeTheBank
Beta Ray for the decisive majority.

SoulDevourer
does BRB have to kill DD permanently to win?

if not then BRB wins

Kris Blaze

Fenris got his ass beat by Thor, WITHOUT his hammer.

THAT IS NOT A ONE-SHOT! Are you seriously so blind that you cannot see BRB hitting him SEVERAL times?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

THAT IS NOT A ONE-SHOT! Are you seriously so blind that you cannot see BRB hitting him SEVERAL times?

Hence the multiple "THOOM"s in the panel.

The Pict

DON'T ARGUE WITH CARVER! His knowledge of comics is absolute.

Enyalus
Well...the Fenris BRB whipped was stronger. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.