KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beta Ray Bill VS. Doomsday

Beta Ray Bill VS. Doomsday
Started by: Adam Warlock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Beta Ray Bill VS. Doomsday

Who takes it?

This is the version of Doomsday that killed Superman in their first battle against current Bill.

One KO/Death is considered a loss.

No prep. Battle takes place in space in an Asteroid field. They both start out on an Asteroid the size of Texas.

Debate.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 10:51 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Unless Bill pulls a Thor and acts like a complete dumbass, I'd say he takes it.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 10:58 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Bill easily. Holding back is what got Superman killed and Bill isn't likely to do that.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 11:00 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i wouldn't say easily. don't forget, dd was evolving through that battle. who knows how he'd evolve against bill. still though, i agree -- bill is a beast and would take it. a figth would be tough though. not sure how dd would resist being removed from the battlefield however. erm

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 11:05 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

For the all evolving he did he was still only Superman's equal by the time it was all over. He started off much weaker. I dunno, I just don't see lasting nearly long enough against Bill to evolve to that level.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 11:09 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
For the all evolving he did he was still only Superman's equal by the time it was all over. He started off much weaker. I dunno, I just don't see lasting nearly long enough against Bill to evolve to that level.

you could be right. it was pretty impressive what he did to the league though. his only shot would be speed which has always been an issue in that book. if they really wanted us to think he had 'flash-like' speed, they should have done a better job actually depicting it . . . erm

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 11:44 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
branhole
Restricted

Account Restricted

bills not thor, hes a much better fighter and way more ferocious. id say bill puts him down hard, i dont see dd winning if one kill is a ll it takes.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2006 11:48 PM
branhole is currently offline Click here to Send branhole a Private Message Find more posts by branhole Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by branhole
bills not thor, hes a much better fighter and way more ferocious.

that's a fallacy propagated in the forums. bill is NOT more skilled. if anything, they are even. i also doubt very highly that bill is more ferocious. a po'd thor is a true and absolute beast. bill woke up first from their h2h fight because odin picked an environment that gave bill a slight edge. that was the difference in their fight. i would love to know where the notion of bill being more skilled and more vicious came from . . .

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 01:14 AM
branhole
Restricted

Account Restricted

well thor doesnt always fight pissed, i know when he wm hes a beast but normal thor is not so therefore bill is more ferocios

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 01:18 AM
branhole is currently offline Click here to Send branhole a Private Message Find more posts by branhole Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by leonidas
i would love to know where the notion of bill being more skilled and more vicious came from . . .
I know some people don't use the handbooks for reference but when it comes to gauging fighting skills I think they are appropriate.

The handbooks give BRB a level 5 in fighting and Thor has a 4.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 01:23 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

that's a fallacy propagated in the forums. bill is NOT more skilled. if anything, they are even. i also doubt very highly that bill is more ferocious. a po'd thor is a true and absolute beast. bill woke up first from their h2h fight because odin picked an environment that gave bill a slight edge. that was the difference in their fight. i would love to know where the notion of bill being more skilled and more vicious came from . . .

Everyone is still on a Beta Ray Bill high. Bill in Stormbreaker fought the way everyone wishes Thor would fight. Taking a herald's weapon and impaling them with it on an asteroid right before smashing said asteroid to rubble? Come on, thats badass. big grin

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 01:31 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Validus
Everyone is still on a Beta Ray Bill high. Bill in Stormbreaker fought the way everyone wishes Thor would fight. Taking a herald's weapon and impaling them with it on an asteroid right before smashing said asteroid to rubble? Come on, thats badass. big grin

laughing out loud

i'm not arguing that bill's badass. i actually loved that mini. just that once thor goes off, he is also insane. bill's characterization in his first appearances did not shown him as more vicious. throughout the surtur saga, he was in fact VERY much like thor. his having more skill than thor is just silly, and likely marvel's way of trying to create a difference between the 2.

i've loved bill since he was brought in. but it seems in the forum most think bill would beat thor because of this alleged 'greater skill' or 'greater ferocity'. i happen to disagree. big grin

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 01:49 AM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

laughing out loud

i'm not arguing that bill's badass. i actually loved that mini. just that once thor goes off, he is also insane. bill's characterization in his first appearances did not shown him as more vicious. throughout the surtur saga, he was in fact VERY much like thor. his having more skill than thor is just silly, and likely marvel's way of trying to create a difference between the 2.

i've loved bill since he was brought in. but it seems in the forum most think bill would beat thor because of this alleged 'greater skill' or 'greater ferocity'. i happen to disagree. big grin
Sounds like a good idea for a thread.

BRB vs. Thor.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 01:53 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by snoopdogg
I know some people don't use the handbooks for reference but when it comes to gauging fighting skills I think they are appropriate.

The handbooks give BRB a level 5 in fighting and Thor has a 4.

I wouldn't trust the handbooks to tell me the sky's blue.

IIRC they have Wolverine listed as a 7 in fighting skill (meaning he's learned every form of combat), even though he's never shown top-quality martial arts skill, and they have Shang Chi listed as a 5.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 01:59 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Accel
I wouldn't trust the handbooks to tell me the sky's blue.

IIRC they have Wolverine listed as a 7 in fighting skill (meaning he's learned every form of combat), even though he's never shown top-quality martial arts skill, and they have Shang Chi listed as a 5.
Shang-Chi is the master of Kung-Fu. A single form of combat like level 5 indicates.

Wolverine is Wolverine.

I don't care what people say about the handbooks they are official and I go by them. I think that when a character goes out of the limits of the handbooks the story should fall into PIS category or whatever.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 02:04 AM
Accel

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Shang-Chi is the master of Kung-Fu. A single form of combat like level 5 indicates.

Wolverine is Wolverine.

I don't care what people say about the handbooks they are official and I go by them. I think that when a character goes out of the limits of the handbooks the story should fall into PIS category or whatever.

See, here's my problem with the handbooks though. They're written by guys who most likely don't even really read many comics to begin with and go by what they believe to be true. As DC pointed out many times, Namor is easily Class 100+, but he used to be listed as Class 85. Base-strength Hulk is listed at Class 75, yet he's performed Class 100+ feats at base strength as well. Overall, while the handbooks provide good basic information for those new to comics, they don't always accurately display information about a character. Who knows, lower-level bricks like Thing and Colossus could actually be CL100+ and we wouldn't know it until they actually perform feats of said class.

The handbooks SHOULD be reliable sources, since they are approved by Marvel, but I doubt Marvel actually checks them to make absolute sure the handbooks are thoroughly accurate. It's because of that that I don't like to use them; I prefer to go with what I see in comics instead.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2006 02:17 AM
JohnnyDo3

Doomsday would kill beta ray bill in one hand

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 08:24 PM
JohnnyDo3 is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyDo3 a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyDo3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by JohnnyDo3
Doomsday would kill beta ray bill in one hand

English please......

Old Post Jun 5th, 2006 08:27 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

bump

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 10:53 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icu311

DOS Doomsday vs. BRB is a close fight imo, with BRB coming out on top more times than not...

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 03:38 PM
icu311 is currently offline Click here to Send icu311 a Private Message Find more posts by icu311 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote