Thanos vs. Celestial: Is Thanos Second?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
We all agree that Thanos is mad powerful.
See if you follow this logic.
Galactus is Top. Of course that is beneath the entities like Eternity and the exception like Phoenix.
Would it be fair to say that Thanos is second?
He seems to be more powerful than the Destroyer which can take down a Celestial.
Wouldn't that make Thanos more powerful than one too.
And couldn't he kick a Watcher's ass.
And of course the thing we all never mention about a fight....is that you have to be able to do it and get away with it.

Sixth_Winged
IMO

-he's more powerful than the destroyer only depending on the soul which inhabits it. And in a straight match against the two, even assuming it's just a pityful sould, Thanos would still lose due to the sheer durability(IMO even greater than Thanos) of the destroyer.
-he's far beneath Galactus as well.
-he's is beneath a Watcher too.
-he's certainly beneath a Celestial.

IMO the powerlevel of an average Celestial and any level of Galactus short of the his highest is quite comparable. We don't know just how powerful Celestials are, but judging on heroes reborn, they threatened to destroy 616 or franklin's pocket universe if he doesn't do it himself. That should indicate at least some sort of measuring stick.

And they're easily more powerful than a cosmic cube too.

so disagree with him being second. Unless he some prep, most of the people in comparson with him on power here and the MU's abstracts could casually bitchslap him with a whim(save perhaps the destroyer and probably a watcher)

Wonder Man
I don't think a Celestial is comparable to Galactus.
as a person he managed to survive the destruction of a failed universe and grow into the "Caregiver of this one". You might see his armor and see similarities between the two. That's like looking at mount rushmore and seeing similarities between it and the presidents. anyhow that's just a surface explanation. I don't mean anything by it about you of course.
The one thing about Galactus is that this is his final go around.
Everyone in marvel knows that when he dies it signifies the end of the Universe.
I presume that part of his exploration is to find out when and how it will happen to him and another part is prob. to try to keep the pain for marvel and its heros esp. to a miniuim level.
Thaons can't be destroyed short of Galactus's death and the end of the Universe.
The only thing a Celestial in battle could do to him is wip up a prison.
It would know that but it would also know that Thanos would come ready.
Sure it has Celestial knowledge.
But when it doesn't know what its looking at it is at a disadvantage.
Thanos would cloak himself in a fight with one.
I would presume that the most powerful person who could inhabit the destroyer wouldn't be X but Strange.
I just think that if the destroyer could defeat a Celestial so can Thanos.
Shee's he won the heart of Death.
That's more power than the HOTU

Sixth_Winged
We don't know just how powerful is a celestial either. just because Galan had even more grander origin, doesn't necessarily make him the most powerful. We don't even know the full details behind it and even some more question popped out when Tenebrous and Aegis awakened from Annihilation.

Even in HOTU, galactus was impressed when thanos killed just some celestials. that's gotta say something about what they are.

Thanos_6383
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
IMO

-he's more powerful than the destroyer only depending on the soul which inhabits it. And in a straight match against the two, even assuming it's just a pityful sould, Thanos would still lose due to the sheer durability(IMO even greater than Thanos) of the destroyer.
-he's far beneath Galactus as well.
-he's is beneath a Watcher too.
-he's certainly beneath a Celestial.

IMO the powerlevel of an average Celestial and any level of Galactus short of the his highest is quite comparable. We don't know just how powerful Celestials are, but judging on heroes reborn, they threatened to destroy 616 or franklin's pocket universe if he doesn't do it himself. That should indicate at least some sort of measuring stick.

And they're easily more powerful than a cosmic cube too.

so disagree with him being second. Unless he some prep, most of the people in comparson with him on power here and the MU's abstracts could casually bitchslap him with a whim(save perhaps the destroyer and probably a watcher)

Agreed

King KAM
see.... this is where the lines of Strength and power get blurred...

See strength is based on what thanos can do without any outside help. In which he would lose to any abstract, and is on Par with A Skyfather, which makes him extremeley formidable, but nowhere near untouchable.But comparing Thanos of Titan to any other Eternal of his Race is like comparing Godzilla to the Geico Gecko.

But I do beleive that Thanos is on of the most Powerful beings in the Universe. He may not posses the brute strength to take out abstracts such as Galactus and Chronos by himself, but he can definatley defeat them under his circumstances. Thanos is Marvels Ultimate Apex predator, No-one attempts to cross him, not odin, not big G. Becuase they are like a pack of Lions versus a human, yeah, in a straight up brawl, the human gets ripped apart, but if both allowed to use resources the lions still just come with teeth and claws, when the human comes with a Tank.

Thanos is arguably second in Power, because he Can defeat anyone, brute strength is overrated, Fate favors the well prepared, and nobody, NOBODY comes better prepared than the mad titan. Thanos will Always bring a Gun to a knife fight, and the gun will probably be a gattling gun. And for that, he deserves a title in the top 5 most powerful in the MU.

smile

Wonder Man
I don't think you can look at Thanos and just see his "Power" you always have to look at his brute strength first.
That is how he gained his power. Mind body and spirit. When he travels through dimensions without protection it is his brute strenght that allows him to survive. It is his brute strenght that makes him not capable of being destroyed if what i have read about him is true.

King KAM
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I don't think you can look at Thanos and just see his "Power" you always have to look at his brute strength first.
That is how he gained his power. Mind body and spirit. When he travels through dimensions without protection it is his brute strenght that allows him to survive. It is his brute strenght that makes him not capable of being destroyed if what i have read about him is true. but its his mind that makes him dangerous.... If you read any Thanos you would know that, that is the complete basis of his character, that he is a huge brute, who's most dangerous muscle is his mind.

Wally West
Hes below Galactus, the Celestials, the Destroyer and most likely all the Skyfathers.

Xplosive

No, I don't agree. He is not that powerful. On his own power, there are many beings that could crush him without so much trouble.

Even with prep Thanos doesn't stand a chance against Celestial, except if he gets IG or HOTU.

Originally posted by King KAM

See strength is based on what thanos can do without any outside help. In which he would lose to any abstract, and is on Par with A Skyfather, which makes him extremeley formidable, but nowhere near untouchable.But comparing Thanos of Titan to any other Eternal of his Race is like comparing Godzilla to the Geico Gecko.

He is not on par with a Skyfather. And people even like to say, he was stalmating Odin, but it was clear that he was joke to Odin on his own.

But I do beleive that Thanos is on of the most Powerful beings in the Universe. He may not posses the brute strength to take out abstracts such as Galactus and Chronos by himself, but he can definatley defeat them under his circumstances. Thanos is Marvels Ultimate Apex predator, No-one attempts to cross him, not odin, not big G. Becuase they are like a pack of Lions versus a human, yeah, in a straight up brawl, the human gets ripped apart, but if both allowed to use resources the lions still just come with teeth and claws, when the human comes with a Tank.

Thanos is arguably second in Power, because he Can defeat anyone, brute strength is overrated, Fate favors the well prepared, and nobody, NOBODY comes better prepared than the mad titan. Thanos will Always bring a Gun to a knife fight, and the gun will probably be a gattling gun. And for that, he deserves a title in the top 5 most powerful in the MU.

smile

Also with prep he is not second most powerful. He also had prep against less than normal Galactus and lost (and don't count IG or HOTU, beaucse everyone would be like him with that).

Also with prep, he was loosing terribly against Tyrant (who was far power level when he fought Galactus, but people again like to say he was stalmating Tyrant, while Tyrant didn't take him seriously and was easily beating him, and was also clear Tyrant was underestimating him and holding back).

He may be one of the most dangerous, but not because of his power.
Anyway, on his own, he is far from being one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

leonidas

blink

no . . .

unless you can see squirrel girl laughing taking down celestials, or starfox going toe-to-toe with one of them. not unless you think odin (who along with a host of skyfathers couldn't make a celestial flinch yet who was clearly getting the better of thanos) suddenly grew in power about a 1000000x and can whoop down a celestial. unless you believe all those things, the answer is a resounding no.

and where did you get it that a destroyer could beat a celestial? even powered by all of asgard and some skyfather power it did no significant damage at all to any celestial it faced.

as for killing him -- who cares? they could reduce his body to ash and KEEP it that way. perhaps his soul wouldn't enter death, but it wouldn't have anywhere to go either. or they could simply trap him for all eternity. they've trapped other celestials, i see no reason to think they couldn't permanently trap thanos. thanos still resorts to fighting top tier heroes and teams and needs prep and gadgets to compete against high level powers. there is a reason ss and adam warlock and thor and the avengers don't battle celestials.

a celestial utterly crushes thanos.

Swanky-Tuna
He seems to be more powerful than the Destroyer which can take down a Celestial.
Did the Destroyer ever really take out a celestial? I've only heard through word of mouth that when it actually fought a celestial it got totalled.

And I know it's been made a herald of Galactus but that coincides with the flucuating power thing.

MJOILNIR
Sorry guys but Thanos isnt that powerful. He's still way below the beings your talking about. He's just a piss ant to the celestials and not much more to the big G. I wouldent doubt that hes as powerful as "some" skyfathers but not all. His cunning and intelect are what make him so dangerous. Still in the grand cosmic scheme of things he is still just a souped up eternal, not a cosmic being.

MJOILNIR
And the destroyer who fought the celestials was 2000 feet tall and powered by the asgardians. It cut off the arm of one celestial but it instantly regrew. Big difference between that destroyer and reg. version. Even it was obliterated by a combined beam from 4 or 5? celestials.

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by Wally West
Hes below Galactus, the Celestials, the Destroyer and most likely all the Skyfathers.

Thank you!!!

I really don't know where you guys came up with the idea that this was even close to possible. Short of Thanos having the IG, or HOTU he has no chance.

NONE! People way higher up the food chain fear the Celestials, and with good reason.

olympian
A Celestial is so above Thanos its not even funny.

who?-kid
What is it with all the Thanos hype ? Is it something in the water ?

A CELESTIAL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanos

Lord S
I am a huge Thanos mark...but the way some people overrate him is just laughable. Thanos is very, very powerful...but not second in the entire Marvel Universe.

A Celestial pwns him, with ease.

Big Sexy

smile good post and I agree

Apolloknight

smile

Intresting view, i must agree with you....

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Xplosive
He is not on par with a Skyfather. And people even like to say, he was stalmating Odin, but it was clear that he was joke to Odin on his own.

Odin would have been laughing if Thanos was a joke to him. But during that fight, Odin looked more pissed than amused.

King KAM
Originally posted by Big Sexy
good post and I agree thanks man

King KAM
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Odin would have been laughing if Thanos was a joke to him. But during that fight, Odin looked more pissed than amused. odin looked like he might have ran out of tricks also, and dont listen to xplosive, he said Apocalypse could beat Galactus.

Lord S
I don't think a Celestial is comparable to Galactus. I believe Celestials are widely accepted to be above Galactus. Even the weakest being more powerful than a fully powered Galactus.

Everyone in marvel knows that when he dies it signifies the end of the Universe.

Uh, I think that that angle has been dropped. I'm not sure.

Thaons can't be destroyed short of Galactus's death and the end of the Universe.

He can certainly be neutralized and bested. Being defeated doesn't always have to equate to being killed.

And they would do it quite easily, too. They could also fry him if they choose to do so...sure he wouldn't 'die', but he wouldn't be much of a threat to anyone afterwards.

I'm sure he would come ready, but you need more than just readiness to take on a Celestial...meaning nothing short of the Infinity Gauntlet or the HOTU (which shouldn't even be mentioned in these discussions, as it doesn't even apply to Marvel 616).

You CAN'T be serious. You really believe that a Celestial wouldn't be able to detect a cloaked Thanos? I think you are seriously underrating the Celestials. All of Asgard couldn't make a Celestial bat an eye, you really think Thanos of Titan, a being CREATED by the work of Celestials, is going to even scratch them?

I mean I love Thanos...he's the ONLY reason I'm reading 'Annihilation', and my favourite character, by far...but I think more reading and less speculating is necessary. Let's not lose our heads.

If you're looking at prep-time and cunning, then the same can be said about Dr. Doom. When I think 'most powerful' then I think strength and power.

olympian
"The only thing a Celestial in battle could do to him is wip up a prison."

The same Celestials that in IG against him "tossed" several planets in line, with ease?

This is actually a case of one being an actual insect to the other. Short of IG or HU hes done for.

King KAM
Originally posted by Lord S
I believe Celestials are widely accepted to be above Galactus. Even the weakest being more powerful than a fully powered Galactus.

Uh, I think that that angle has been dropped. I'm not sure.

He can certainly be neutralized and bested. Being defeated doesn't always have to equate to being killed.

And they would do it quite easily, too. They could also fry him if they choose to do so...sure he wouldn't 'die', but he wouldn't be much of a threat to anyone afterwards.

I'm sure he would come ready, but you need more than just readiness to take on a Celestial...meaning nothing short of the Infinity Gauntlet or the HOTU (which shouldn't even be mentioned in these discussions, as it doesn't even apply to Marvel 616).

You CAN'T be serious. You really believe that a Celestial wouldn't be able to detect a cloaked Thanos? I think you are seriously underrating the Celestials. All of Asgard couldn't make a Celestial bat an eye, you really think Thanos of Titan, a being CREATED by the work of Celestials, is going to even scratch them?

I mean I love Thanos...he's the ONLY reason I'm reading 'Annihilation', and my favourite character, by far...but I think more reading and less speculating is necessary. Let's not lose our heads.

If you're looking at prep-time and cunning, then the same can be said about Dr. Doom. When I think 'most powerful' then I think strength and power. doom gets prep and does absolutley nothing, he is Okay but he has a fatal flaw, which would stop him from ever being too big of a threat, Doom is still only a human, and at that, he is a power hungry one, Doom tries to cut too many corners because like 99% of humans he is impatient, and this causes his plans to foil most times.

Thanos_6383
I always look forward to King Kams posts.He always tells it like it is.Thanks King big grin

King KAM
Originally posted by Thanos_6383
I always look forward to King Kams posts.He always tells it like it is.Thanks King big grin I do???? I mean... I DO!

damn right.

Thanos_6383
cool big grin

bigbran
i agree with prep thanos is a monster, but how would he be second if he beat the celestials(not saying he would) but isnt tyrant second to galactus?

bigbran

smile
i completey agree, and thanos deos have brute strength too.

roughrider

smile Thanos was put in his place by Odin. That shows whatever his power level is, it's slightly below a Skyfather.

Thanos only killed a Celestial when he had the HOTU. On his own, his power is insufficent.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by roughrider
Thanos was put in his place by Odin. That shows whatever his power level is, it's slightly below a Skyfather.

Thanos only killed a Celestial when he had the HOTU. On his own, his power is insufficent. He was referring to the fact that he had gotten an upgrade since then. I am unsure of his level currently

King KAM
He was referring to the fact that he had gotten an upgrade since then. I am unsure of his level currently thank you, and not only that, how did Thanos get put in his place by Odin??? That statement is rediculous, Odin was thought to be WAYYYY too much for Thanos, so, Thanos going toe-to-toe with him, and even taking hard shots from gungir, and SNATCHING it from Odin, only proved that Thanos was stronger than everyone ever thought.

That fight was a feat for Thanos, and a reality check for Odin.

MJOILNIR
I dont know why people keep saying that he took gungir away from Odin, geez. He did take hold of it Ill give him that but after a short struggle(very short) he ended up on his back bleeding under rubble. Odin without a scratch holding Gungir. All of this after he bitchsmaked surfer and drax.

bigbran
thanos didnt have a scratch either until he grabbed gungir.

King KAM
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
I dont know why people keep saying that he took gungir away from Odin, geez. He did take hold of it Ill give him that but after a short struggle he ended up on his back bleeding. Odin without a scratch holding Gungir. thanos wasnt bleeding....and umm looks like he snatched that shit to me...

MJOILNIR
Dude Im sittin here looking at the book.(I started second guessing myself so I got the book out) Odins still holding it while thanos is getting up off his backside.

bigbran
thanos was at his weakest in that battle, to. and if he didnt grab gunggir, it would have been a stalemate.

bigbran
and it really looks like odin isnt trying, he looks pissed to me.

MJOILNIR
Your right about the bleeding though, I was thinking off when Thor punched him in the mouth the book befor.

King KAM
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Dude Im sittin here looking at the book.(I started second guessing myself so I got the book out) Odins still holding it while thanos is getting up off his backside. your just mad that big ol' skyfather odin couldnt finish a "demi-god" in his own realm

MJOILNIR
I got no reason to be mad, its a comic book LOL when its all said and done our favorite characters are at the mercy of the writers. I realized that a long long time ago. It takes a lot more than a comic to upset me.

Xplosive
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Odin would have been laughing if Thanos was a joke to him. But during that fight, Odin looked more pissed than amused.

He was joke to hin, beacsue there was no way Thanos would do anything to him. He was only pissed because Thanos didn't give up, otherwise he was joke.

odin looked like he might have ran out of tricks also, and dont listen to xplosive, he said Apocalypse could beat Galactus.

Odin didn't have any trouble with Thanos, not even a little.

Maestro
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Did the Destroyer ever really take out a celestial? I've only heard through word of mouth that when it actually fought a celestial it got totalled.

And I know it's been made a herald of Galactus but that coincides with the flucuating power thing.

It didn't really do anything to the celestials, it just cut off one of there arms, but that grew back instantly, as they have regenerative powers which makes the Hulks look slow.

Wonder Man
Didn't i read a book where Thanos actually achieved the highest level that there was in the Universe above the OAA. Where for all intents he was God. In that book when no one else existed out came adam warlocke...spookie.
Now a lot of you guys have said what a piss ant he is. Do you fig a celestial could have done that.

Wally West
He did that using the Heart of the Universe, not using his own power. Anyone with the HOTU would have enourmous power. Without it he isn't even close to a celestial.

Wonder Man
Lord somebody put it this way in the lady death thread.
Thanos and his own God like strength. Now i know that Celestials are space gods but there you have it Thanos comes a packing all on his own too.

Lord S
Didn't i read a book where Thanos actually achieved the highest level that there was in the Universe above the OAA. Where for all intents he was God. In that book when no one else existed out came adam warlocke...spookie.
Now a lot of you guys have said what a piss ant he is. Do you fig a celestial could have done that. 1. That was in 'The End', which was not canon.

2. Anyone with a device like the IG or HOTU can achieve godhood.

3. Thanos may come 'packing', but he falls way short against Celestials. The Celestials were the ones that created the Eternals, so it's really illogical to assume that Thanos, under his own power, would be much of a threat to them.

Big Sexy
1. That was in 'The End', which was not canon.

3. Thanos may come 'packing', but he falls way short against Celestials. The Celestials were the ones that created the Eternals, so it's really illogical to assume that Thanos, under his own power, would be much of a threat to them.
2. I notice most dismiss this for not bein g his own power. COuldn't the same be said for Ion, Parallax, Juggernaut, a gl ring, Stranges artifacts, Fates artifacts, etc

Crease

smile

As usual, I can count on Kam to tell it like it is with The Mad Titan. People don't seem to realize that in all the MU only Galactus inspires more fear than Thanos. When you take into account his intellect and use of prep you could easily make a case for him being the second most powerful non-abstract in MU. Big G is obviously #1.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Crease
As usual, I can count on Kam to tell it like it is with The Mad Titan. People don't seem to realize that in all the MU only Galactus inspires more fear than Thanos. When you take into account his intellect and use of prep you could easily make a case for him being the second most powerful non-abstract in MU. Big G is obviously #1.
So now Thanos is "the second most powerful non-abstract in MU"... when will it stop... (starts crying).

And Big G is NOT number one, and he ain't a "non-abstract".

Lord S
2. I notice most dismiss this for not bein g his own power. COuldn't the same be said for Ion, Parallax, Juggernaut, a gl ring, Stranges artifacts, Fates artifacts, etc Juggernaut, yes...if you're looking to compare Cain Marko the man to others. Otherwise he's always Juggernaut. The IG and HOTU were only used one time, so not a regular extension of Thanos' power.

As usual, I can count on Kam to tell it like it is with The Mad Titan. People don't seem to realize that in all the MU only Galactus inspires more fear than Thanos. When you take into account his intellect and use of prep you could easily make a case for him being the second most powerful non-abstract in MU. Big G is obviously #1. Thanos is no doubt very dangerous as a force in the universe...but as I stated before, if you're only looking at intellect and prep, then Dr. Doom is in that category as well. Thanos has a major edge in brute strength, obviously, but Doom is just as resourceful, and has the achievements to back it up.

doom gets prep and does absolutley nothing, he is Okay but he has a fatal flaw, which would stop him from ever being too big of a threat, Doom is still only a human, and at that, he is a power hungry one, Doom tries to cut too many corners because like 99% of humans he is impatient, and this causes his plans to foil most times. Absolutely nothing? I take it you didn't read 'Secret Wars'. Doom is a major villain in the MU and can be, and has been, a threat on a cosmic scale, for the same reasons as Thanos...his intellect.

All villains have flaws...and Thanos is not without them, either.

who?-kid
Absolutely nothing? I take it you didn't read 'Secret Wars'. Doom is a major villain in the MU and can be, and has been, a threat on a cosmic scale, for the same reasons as Thanos...his intellect.

All villains have flaws...and Thanos is not without them, either.
Doom is more dangerous than Thanos. Thanos is more powerful, true. Everybody knows that.

But Doom is just more impressive. He started with nothing when he was born, he didn't even have any powers, money, family, nothing. Now he's a know threat to the Earth and at times to the universe and is considered as one of the most dangerous villains ever.

Thanos was already powerful when he was born, and was surrounded by technical gadgets. Doom makes his own gadgets, and they kick ass. He only has his intelligence and that's all he needs.

Doom doesn't need a monthly upgrade like the Mad Titan. Doom is Doom.

roughrider
thank you, and not only that, how did Thanos get put in his place by Odin??? That statement is rediculous, Odin was thought to be WAYYYY too much for Thanos, so, Thanos going toe-to-toe with him, and even taking hard shots from gungir, and SNATCHING it from Odin, only proved that Thanos was stronger than everyone ever thought.

That fight was a feat for Thanos, and a reality check for Odin.

You just keep looking at that fight through your Thanos decoder glasses, there, KK roll eyes (sarcastic) I respect Thanos, but I can see when someone is taking a beating, and not causing his opponent to take as much as a step backward.

Apolloknight

Technically you cant really count Galactus, he doest do things out of pure hatred such as Thanos, Big G does it because he must.

Lord S
Originally posted by who?-kid
Doom is more dangerous than Thanos. Thanos is more powerful, true. Everybody knows that.

But Doom is just more impressive. He started with nothing when he was born, he didn't even have any powers, money, family, nothing. Now he's a know threat to the Earth and at times to the universe and is considered as one of the most dangerous villains ever.

Thanos was already powerful when he was born, and was surrounded by technical gadgets. Doom makes his own gadgets, and they kick ass. He only has his intelligence and that's all he needs.

Doom doesn't need a monthly upgrade like the Mad Titan. Doom is Doom. I agree with everything except the first and last lines.

who?-kid
I agree with everything except the first and last lines.
Good enough for me smokin'

Crease
So now Thanos is "the second most powerful non-abstract in MU"... when will it stop... (starts crying).

And Big G is NOT number one, and he ain't a "non-abstract".

Upon second thought you're right sad . Both RKT and Mangog are more powerful. He's still the second-most feared name in the galaxy.

And Big G is not an abstract. Just because his power rivals that of abstracts and he's considered just as if not more important than most of them doesn't make him an abstract. He has a constant physical body. Eternity, Lord Chaos, Master Order, Chronos, Death etc are abstracts.

who?-kid
Sorry but you are wrong. Galactus is a true cosmic being, a sort of abstract being if you want. He was created by a cosmic force long time ago, has cosmic powers and is related (in a way) to Eternity and Death.

Not only that, but he has not a constant physical body, his appearance differs all the time. A Skrull sees him as a giant Skrull, a bug sees him as a giant bug and so on.

Crease
Abstracts are called abstracts because they are the embodiment of something abstract, i.e. hate, love, time, death, order, balance, etc. I know exactly how he was created. And yes he is a "true" cosmic being. But he represents no abstract force.

The In-Betweener is the only cosmic with a physical body that would qualify as an abstract. He represents the balance between Chaos and Order.

Soljer
It seems like Thanos is becomming the new Wolverine of the boards. He is both pitted against people that he would utterly obliterate, because people underrate him, and people that he should never even see in combat, because people overrate him. Logically, Thanos with his added recent upgrades should be Skyfather level. Some of the people arguing that he is Surfer level are just confused...

Akin to those arguing that he is ANYWHERE NEAR a celestial.

Eh, whatever. Celestial, 10/10.

King KAM

Doom doesn't need a monthly upgrade like the Mad Titan. Doom is Doom. doom isnt more dangerous than thanos, doom gets sent to hell and made a fool of in every damn cosmic storyline except Secret Wars, and this is because Doom is too greedy, Thanos likes doom, for his viciousness, but the mad titan has stated that doom is too human to ever be any "cosmic" threat.

Thanos has had 2 uprgrades his whole run... And this qualifies as all the time... im pretty sure doom has been upgraded.....Originally posted by Lord S
1. That was in 'The End', which was not canon.

3. Thanos may come 'packing', but he falls way short against Celestials. The Celestials were the ones that created the Eternals, so it's really illogical to assume that Thanos, under his own power, would be much of a threat to them. marvel the End is canon.

who?-kid
Abstracts are called abstracts because they are the embodiment of something abstract, i.e. hate, love, time, death, order, balance, etc. I know exactly how he was created. And yes he is a "true" cosmic being. But he represents no abstract force.

I'm not sure if I agree with you. How can you be related to abstract beings, and not be abstract yourself ?

The fact that all the species see him differently, is imo proof that he is rather abstract than not abstract. He represents a force (of course he does) but I don't know exactly what kind of force.

I guess we have to agree to disagree.

who?-kid
doom isnt more dangerous than thanos, doom gets sent to hell and made a fool of in every damn cosmic storyline except Secret Wars, and this is because Doom is too greedy, Thanos likes doom, for his viciousness, but the mad titan has stated that doom is too human to ever be any "cosmic" threat.

You don't call Thanos greedy ? Wow... I'm amazed.

Do you know many villains who aren't too greedy ?

Oh and another thing, Thanos doubts himself, he knows he's not worthy (enough) to possess absolute power. Doom thinks doubting yourself is for fools and weaklings.

So Doom has a stronger personality than Thanos evil face

roughrider

Oh and another thing, Thanos doubts himself, he knows he's not worthy (enough) to possess absolute power. Doom thinks doubting yourself is for fools and weaklings.

So Doom has a stronger personality than Thanos evil face

I think someone just got owned. wink

Lord S
Originally posted by Soljer
It seems like Thanos is becomming the new Wolverine of the boards. He is both pitted against people that he would utterly obliterate, because people underrate him, and people that he should never even see in combat, because people overrate him. Logically, Thanos with his added recent upgrades should be Skyfather level. Some of the people arguing that he is Surfer level are just confused...

Akin to those arguing that he is ANYWHERE NEAR a celestial.

Eh, whatever. Celestial, 10/10. Yeah I agree...totally.

As stated before, Thanos is my absolute favourite character, and it's tough to watch people overrate him, cause half of them don't even know what the hell they're talking about...they just needlessly fellate the character with overly simplistic statements and half-truths.

doom isnt more dangerous than thanos, doom gets sent to hell and made a fool of in every damn cosmic storyline except Secret Wars I take it you haven't read 'Triumph and Torment', where Doom outsmarts Mephisto in his own realm to free his mother's soul.

, and this is because Doom is too greedy, Thanos likes doom, for his viciousness, but the mad titan has stated that doom is too human to ever be any "cosmic" threat.

All villains are greedy, and Doom has proven himself to be a bona fide threat throughout the MU. Characters can state whatever they like about other characters, doesn't negate the truth that's been shown.

Thanos has had 2 uprgrades his whole run... And this qualifies as all the time... im pretty sure doom has been upgraded

I don't believe Doom has been upgraded...just refined his grasp on sorcery, which is a natural progression of his character.

marvel the End is canon.

Nope...it takes place in Universe-4321. Like a 'What-If?' universe. I wish it were canon, but it's not. I had a long argument with Andy Schmidt (Marvel editor) over at CBR about it, and got spanked. mad

He basically declared it was not in continuity, like all the other 'The End' series. mad

Wonder Man
It seems to me that the Skyfather lovers all have the one side of the subject to themselves. Guess you just can't stand that people like Surfer and Thanos and Gladiator and Wonder Man are growing more and more popular every day.
Next on our agenda is to shove Assgard up Thor's ass.
Na just kidding but since you have a bit of an attitude over skyfather issues take it for what its worth.
Thanos did sit down the beyonder in his own series last i saw too but he/she went by creator or something.

Lord S
What 'Skyfather lovers'?

Are you some sort of idiot?

Rols
Very easy too, but this beyonder is not as powerfull as previous. Giving itself mortal body and all but probably retaining exhaustible power.

who?-kid
The female version of the Beyonder is a joke, compared to the original.

Rols
Yeah, I really didnt put that as quite a big feat for Thanos defeating the maker, heck it looks like the X-men could take her out. Maybe she was young and still not fully able to utilized her potential

Lord Urizen
Thanos has these things going for him: ( And understand that I am counting everything I can from his first appearance to current status)

1) Immortality
2) Possession of Reality Gem
3) Incredible, if not unrivalled, intelligence
4) God like strength
5) Being someone who is outside destiny's usual realm of influence
6) Being the most versatile character imaginable
7) Being one of the most resourceful characters ever
8) The fact that he probably has seem more odyssies in his lifetime than all of the celestials have combined.

If you are asking in terms of power than this debate can go on forever as Thanos' power and ability is ever changing. One moment he can defeat powerhouses like Champion with power gem and Destroyer, and then another moment will be challenged with Hulk or Thor.

But in terms of entire ability? OMG Thanos takes this easily.

Name me something that a celestial has done that is more impressive than anything Thanos has accomplished?

Do you forget how Thanos mindraped Galactus? And then you guys are gonna tell me that he's not on par with a CELESTIAL when Galactus is above the Celestials ????????

Thanos is considered Marvel's most dangerous villian for many many reasons, he has earned this title repeatedly.

K Von Doom
What 'Skyfather lovers'?

Are you some sort of idiot?

You win the internet laughing

Wonder Man
You been getting it from that dildo Dr. of your's to long K
and to think years ago i defended her when the whole board wolfpacked her

King KAM

So Doom has a stronger personality than Thanos evil face no doom is just naive, "he who seeks power, has nothing"Originally posted by Lord S
Yeah I agree...totally.

As stated before, Thanos is my absolute favourite character, and it's tough to watch people overrate him, cause half of them don't even know what the hell they're talking about...they just needlessly fellate the character with overly simplistic statements and half-truths.

I take it you haven't read 'Triumph and Torment', where Doom outsmarts Mephisto in his own realm to free his mother's soul.

, and this is because Doom is too greedy, Thanos likes doom, for his viciousness, but the mad titan has stated that doom is too human to ever be any "cosmic" threat.

All villains are greedy, and Doom has proven himself to be a bona fide threat throughout the MU. Characters can state whatever they like about other characters, doesn't negate the truth that's been shown.

Thanos has had 2 uprgrades his whole run... And this qualifies as all the time... im pretty sure doom has been upgraded

I don't believe Doom has been upgraded...just refined his grasp on sorcery, which is a natural progression of his character.

marvel the End is canon.

Nope...it takes place in Universe-4321. Like a 'What-If?' universe. I wish it were canon, but it's not. I had a long argument with Andy Schmidt (Marvel editor) over at CBR about it, and got spanked. mad

He basically declared it was not in continuity, like all the other 'The End' series. mad if its not cannon, than how was it used in both marvel anhilation, which is cannon, and Thanos series, which is canon??

who?-kid
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Thanos has these things going for him: ( And understand that I am counting everything I can from his first appearance to current status)

1) Immortality
2) Possession of Reality Gem
3) Incredible, if not unrivalled, intelligence
4) God like strength
5) Being someone who is outside destiny's usual realm of influence
6) Being the most versatile character imaginable
7) Being one of the most resourceful characters ever
8) The fact that he probably has seem more odyssies in his lifetime than all of the celestials have combined.
Thanos doesn't have god like strength, Hulk is probably stronger, he isn't the smartest in the universe (where do you get those ideas ?) and without his resources he isn't that versatile. He's slow, can't fly (maybe a bit of levitation), his teleportation powers are questionable, he isn't a that powerful telepath, he doesn't know magic spells (or very little) and so on.

You realize that the Celestials have been around much longer than Thanos ?

Even the weakest Celestial is way more powerful than an upgraded Thanos. A Celestial can crush Thanos under his big feet.

King KAM
Thanos doesn't have god like strength, Hulk is probably stronger, he isn't the smartest in the universe (where do you get those ideas ?) and without his resources he isn't that versatile. He's slow, can't fly (maybe a bit of levitation), his teleportation powers are questionable, he isn't a that powerful telepath, he doesn't know magic spells (or very little) and so on.

You realize that the Celestials have been around much longer than Thanos ?

Even the weakest Celestial is way more powerful than an upgraded Thanos. A Celestial can crush Thanos under his big feet. you do realize that you are an idiot right???

Thanos POUNDS Hulk ALLL the time,and SS, and thor, hell he even pounded hulk thng thor and herc at the same time with no upgrade, he has fought Tyrant to a stand still, Thanos is in MU's top intellect seeing that he has equipment that he has built that makes, Dr. Doom, look like he is comparing an Vinly Album to a Blue Ray media disc, AND he IS Marvel Universes best Tactician and War mind, having defeated Grandmaster himself in a game of strategy.

If thanos is so slow than why does he tag guys like silver surfer without problems, you ever seen Thanos get speed-blitzed??? nope, there a reason for it, god-like reflexes.He can levitate as much as needed,his teleportation has never been "questionable" he teleports where he wants, when he pleases. Nobody can get into his mind, and he does know magic, he knows enough so that not even Mephisto nor Dr. Strange ever try to fight him.

Crease
This is high comedy...Thanos is officially a victim of his own success.

MJOILNIR
yes yes

Crease

In addition to the points Kam made, if you know anything about Eternals you know that they develope certain Eternal abilities to a higher degree than others thru meditation and practice. Thanos utilizes cosmic energy for destructive force far beyond most if not all other Eternals (these can range from a psionic blast of energy as well as blasts of concussive/plasma/cosmic energy from his eyes and hands.

Others have concentrated on matter manipulation, speed, strength, flight etc. So don't believe Thanos can't fly if he wished. It might take a little meditation, might take a lot of meditation, but he'd eventually fly.

who?-kid
you do realize that you are an idiot right???

Show me a scan of Thanos "god like" reflexes laughing laughing laughing

who?-kid
big grin big grin big grin

(still laughing)

"God like reflexes..."

mighty adam

smile well said GOT DAM IT WELL SAID!!!!!!!!!!!! smile smile smile

Xplosive
you do realize that you are an idiot right???

Thanos POUNDS Hulk ALLL the time,and SS, and thor, hell he even pounded hulk thng thor and herc at the same time with no upgrade, he has fought Tyrant to a stand still.

Where do you ****ing saw that. Even extremely downgraded Tyrant was ****ing cleary more powerful than Thanos and was clearly holding back.
Standstill, yeah right. It was Thanos who was down in the end and Tyrant up and said, you are still not dead.
Thanos than escaped.

Thanos was no equal, not even close equal to Tyrant. And Thanos had prep.

King KAM
Show me a scan of Thanos "god like" reflexes laughing laughing laughing when he sees SS coming at him going multiples of the speed of light.

who?-kid
when he sees SS coming at him going multiples of the speed of light.
I don't think that's a scan. I'm sorry my friend, but you're not exactly the most reliable source here on the forum.

who?-kid
Where do you ****ing saw that. Even extremely downgraded Tyrant was ****ing cleary more powerful than Thanos and was clearly holding back.
Standstill, yeah right. It was Thanos who was down in the end and Tyrant up and said, you are still not dead.
Thanos than escaped.

Thanos was no equal, not even close equal to Tyrant. And Thanos had prep.
It's no use arguing. He thinks Thanos was beating the crap out of Tyrant using his god like reflexes and speed.

laughing

King KAM
I don't think that's a scan. I'm sorry my friend, but you're not exactly the most reliable source here on the forum. considering i have never lied nor failed to prove anything i have stated, ever i would say im pretty damn reliable.

And it happened in the inifity gauntlet,

who?-kid
considering i have never lied nor failed to prove anything i have stated, ever i would say im pretty damn reliable.

And it happened in the inifity gauntlet,
(cough cough)

1. You still haven't showed us a scan.

2. In the Infinity Gauntlet Thanos' powers were increased to more than God level. Anything he does while wearing the Gauntlet doesn't count, because that's not normal Thanos.

3. It was Surfing missing Thanos' hand while Thanos was wearing the Infinity Gauntlet. Or do you think that Surfer can't miss ? Not that it matters, because that was not normal Thanos.

King KAM
ahem...http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6555/thanosref12ud.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6291/thanosref28ms.jpg

King KAM
(cough cough)

1. You still haven't showed us a scan.

2. In the Infinity Gauntlet Thanos' powers were increased to more than God level. Anything he does while wearing the Gauntlet doesn't count, because that's not normal Thanos.

3. It was Surfing missing Thanos' hand while Thanos was wearing the Infinity Gauntlet. Or do you think that Surfer can't miss ? Not that it matters, because that was not normal Thanos. Thanos wasnt using any gems to amp up his speed,nor his reflexes

And Surfer doesnt miss, thanos Saw him comin

who?-kid
Thanos wasnt using any gems to amp up his speed,nor his reflexes
During the IG, while fighting the heroes, Thanos pulled a lot of new powers out of his ass. Anything he does while wearing the IG, just doesn't count.

Surfer DID miss. It is even mentioned in the comic itself...

King KAM
During the IG, while fighting the heroes, Thanos pulled a lot of new powers out of his ass. Anything he does while wearing the IG, just doesn't count.

Surfer DID miss. It is even mentioned in the comic itself... yeah, but super fast movements and reflexes definatley werent one of the powers he pulled out his ass.

And if surfer missed, than why is thanos ducking???

who?-kid
Thanos isn't ducking confused

King KAM
Thanos isn't ducking confused in one picture he is standing straight up looking at surfer, in the next one with surfer flying by, his hand is down and his head is ducked

ExodusCloak
A neutral opinion...I have to agree with KAM, Thanos does look like he's ducking in that scan. However the yellow effect around his head looks as though he preemted Surfer's attack.(Hence the Godhood remark)

Soljer
Gah! Let it die! Thanos is the new Wolverine for Christ's sake! There are those who act as if he could compete with people far above him, and likewise there are those that are just so tired of him that they want EVERYONE to beat him. Thanos, with his two recent upgrades, is most likely Skyfather level. Maybe he couldn't beat every sky father, but he is certainly low-mid-tier skyfather. Does that make him Galactus' equal? No. A celestial's? Hell no.

Come on, take away the bias, and just look at the characters.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Soljer
Gah! Let it die! Thanos is the new Wolverine for Christ's sake! There are those who act as if he could compete with people far above him, and likewise there are those that are just so tired of him that they want EVERYONE to beat him. Thanos, with his two recent upgrades, is most likely Skyfather level. Maybe he couldn't beat every sky father, but he is certainly low-mid-tier skyfather. Does that make him Galactus' equal? No. A celestial's? Hell no.

Come on, take away the bias, and just look at the characters. I think its not really oversestimation I mean how many times has Thanos taken over the universe. I dont think anybody would seriously think he is celestial level but in a before hand with any entity. I wouldn't count him out as far as his intellect goes. Its just that he does this so many times fro people not to notice.

Xplosive
yeah, but super fast movements and reflexes definatley werent one of the powers he pulled out his ass.

He isn't ducking, SS missed.

who?-kid
He isn't ducking, SS missed.
Yup.

SS missed while Thanos was wearing the IG : no reason to assume Thanos has "god like" reflexes. And it's stated in the freaking comic people => Surfer missed.

Or do you think it's easy to grab those gloves while travelling I don't know how fast ?

Lord S
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Do you forget how Thanos mindraped Galactus? And then you guys are gonna tell me that he's not on par with a CELESTIAL when Galactus is above the Celestials ???????? Oh boy, more utterly simplistic statements...it's clear you know little or next to nothing about the Celestials, or their place in the universe.

if its not cannon, than how was it used in both marvel anhilation, which is cannon, and Thanos series, which is canon?? I tried to argue that same point to Andy Schmidt, but he wouldn't have it. His and Tom Brevort's explanation is that a 'similar event' took place in Universe 616. So officially, Marvel does not consider 'The End' to be a canon story. For the record, I think it's bullshit and I'm sure you will agree.

Thanos wasnt using any gems to amp up his speed,nor his reflexes

He only powered down five of the six gems, IIRC.

bigbran
how cum theres so many people against thanos, but when supes does something its a feat, or he can do it all the time. thanos is reasonable but if you take a step back at a supes thread its quite laughable and pathetic(like against tyrant, somebdy ssaid about supes prime"no need to bring the god in here, he can do it already", and the worst thing was it was regular supes.) and in the supes threads there is one person protecting the person supes is fighting, while the other ten are showing supes feats and saying hed speedblitz him. but the piont is if supes can supposedly beat tyrant, thanos, darkseid.etc. then why cant thanos have one small feat?

King KAM
He isn't ducking, SS missed. he is obviously in 2 completley different positions.

And i thought you told everyone you were quitting this forum, because no-one loves you and blah blah blah....

well we still dont love you, nor value your opions and views on ANYTHING, die...slowly.

Cosmic Cube
Yup.

SS missed while Thanos was wearing the IG : no reason to assume Thanos has "god like" reflexes. And it's stated in the freaking comic people => Surfer missed.

Or do you think it's easy to grab those gloves while travelling I don't know how fast ?

Maybe Thanos moved his hand, causing Surfer to miss.

Marvel does say that he has Godlike reflexes. He can see things millions of lightyears away. Having FTL reflexes isn't that far fetched.

bigbran
its not like hes a human, and has limited sight.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by bigbran
how cum theres so many people against thanos, but when supes does something its a feat, or he can do it all the time. thanos is reasonable but if you take a step back at a supes thread its quite laughable and pathetic(like against tyrant, somebdy ssaid about supes prime"no need to bring the god in here, he can do it already", and the worst thing was it was regular supes.) and in the supes threads there is one person protecting the person supes is fighting, while the other ten are showing supes feats and saying hed speedblitz him. but the piont is if supes can supposedly beat tyrant, thanos, darkseid.etc. then why cant thanos have one small feat?
Superman is more popular; hence, he has more supporters.

Superman is the most popular comic book character in existence. Wolverine is not. Batman is not. Not even Spiderman. Superman will always have more supporters (not to mention diehard fanboys) in a debate than any other character.

This is a simple fact. Popularity rules.

bigbran
Where do you ****ing saw that. Even extremely downgraded Tyrant was ****ing cleary stalemating Thanos and was clearly not holding back.
Standstill, yeah. It was Thanos who was down in the end and got up,and Tyrant up and said, you are still not dead.
Thanos than told him since i have taken your best attacks there is no reason to continue, then he teleported away..

Thanos was equal, even close equal to Tyrant. And Thanos had prep.
i dont know if they were equals, and i think tyrant was holding back too.

Xplosive
he is obviously in 2 completley different positions.

And i thought you told everyone you were quitting this forum, because no-one loves you and blah blah blah....

well we still dont love you, nor value your opions and views on ANYTHING, die...slowly.

I see you are also not lovable at all.

King KAM
I see you are also not lovable at all. im one of the most popular members on the site, but you would know that if you took your head out you ASS every now and then to look around.

Xplosive
im one of the most popular members on the site

Hhahahahaha.
The funniest is when you praise yourself.

Mr.V
No, really he is...no expression

King KAM
Originally posted by Mr.V
No, really he is...no expression yes

Xplosive
No, really he is...no expression

Not with me.

Mr.V
Yeah, but no offence; i dont have a clue who you are, but everytime I look at your sig it makes me think you look like that sad ahh, why couldnt you have a pic of kam there or something? big grin

Xplosive
Yeah, but no offence; i dont have a clue who you are, but everytime I look at your sig it makes me think you look like that sad ahh, why couldnt you have a pic of kam there or something? big grin

Well, I trully also don't know who you are.

There are few who I know by nickname. Well, at least Kam knows very good who I am for some time.

We were never good with eachother.

King KAM
Yeah, but no offence; i dont have a clue who you are, but everytime I look at your sig it makes me think you look like that sad ahh, why couldnt you have a pic of kam there or something? big grin Mr.V's got a point there, the man knows his stuff....(V that poppa midnight sig ROCKS)

King KAM
Well, I trully also don't know who you are.

There are few who I know by nickname. Well, at least Kam knows very good who I am. i know you're a douche

Xplosive
i know you're a douche

Well, I know you are nothing.

Mr.V
I know man! Midnite got it going on, quite a badass character. and he looked cool in Constantine aswell (dmjoniou or something, some odd african name) He owned Constantine something bad.

And xplosive well you do now hey? cool but really dude, the sig! its horrible! ahh.

Xplosive
I know man! Midnite got it going on, quite a badass character. and he looked cool in Constantine aswell (dmjoniou or something, some odd african name) He owned Constantine something bad.

And xplosive well you do now hey? cool but really dude, the sig! its horrible! ahh.

Who cares about sig, man.

Mr.V
But it looks horrendous, it scares the children; and heck we cant be having that can we? but his face looks all crinky and nasty, he just one ugly mother ****er. and hey you know the clothes make the man? the sig is this forum's member's clothes man. seeing that makes me make think you got some crinkly head like that. (Even though you dont.. i hope no expression) and sigs need changing, you had that for ages big grin

Xplosive
you had that for ages big grin

And will stay that way.

Mr.V
sad fine, stay ugly sad

Xplosive
sad fine, stay ugly sad

If you say so.

who?-kid
he is obviously in 2 completley different positions.

No he isn't. You need glasses. His position is of course a bit different, he isn't a statue (anymore).

And if that's the best you Thanos supporters can do in order to prove he has god like reflexes (an IG wearing Thanos who could be ducking a little bit while Surfer missed), well, I'm sure you agree it isn't exactly solid evidence.

Thanos is sloooow evil face

Lord S
im one of the most popular members on the site, but you would know that if you took your head out you ASS every now and then to look around. I love people who blow their own trumpet. rolleyes1

Get over yourself.

K Von Doom
Thanos wasn't fully depowered when he was fighting the heroes during the IG (ie. I don't remember him having the inherent ability to open portals through time). However, during that fight - Thanos was too slow to evade Wolverine's surprise attack but was fast enough to react to Surfer travelling at faster than lightspeed? That seems odd.

Avalonofthewind
No he isn't. You need glasses. His position is of course a bit different, he isn't a statue (anymore).

And if that's the best you Thanos supporters can do in order to prove he has god like reflexes (an IG wearing Thanos who could be ducking a little bit while Surfer missed), well, I'm sure you agree it isn't exactly solid evidence.

Thanos is sloooow evil face

Agreed.

It says in the scan that SURFER MISSED...not "Thanos dodges with godlike reflexes!!"

Also, Captain America is moving as well as Thanos, so unless CA has godlike speed and reflexes...Thanos is really slow...

roughrider

smile

Odin wouldn't cross him? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Odin practically sent him to his room without dinner. big grin

Crease
Odin didn't and wouldn't cross him. Odin believed he was justifiably defending his realm. Doom is the only character in MU who'd even debate it, and a LOT of power would have to be at stake for even him to try.

And as far as his reflexes, this is getting ridiculous people. W/o any scans whatsoever COMMON SENSE dictates Thanos of Titan has God-like reflexes. This is a guy who's fought guys like Drax, Thor and Hercules numerous times, including an insane Thor with the Power Gem. How could he even get a punch in or block a punch at all w/o reflexes to match these guys?

Plus, guys like Silver Surfer, Quasar, Drax, The Fallen One and Gladiator have all tried to speedblitz him numerous times only to be knocked on their ass or laughed at.

Thanos reflexes are fast enough that the Runner is the only character fast enough to speedblitz him. Find a new angle to hate him.

And we really need to stop crying "show me a scan" unless you are asking someone to prove a point that's not common knowledge. Kam is the one person here who's knowledge of The Mad Titan I KNOW equals or exceeds my own. That said, most here should trust what he says about Thanos.

Lastly if I claim GL rings can't produce force-fields then I probably haven't read any GL comics and therefore don't deserve a scan.

Crease
See if you follow this logic.
Galactus is Top. Of course that is beneath the entities like Eternity and the exception like Phoenix.
Wouldn't that make Thanos more powerful than one too.
And couldn't he kick a Watcher's ass.
And of course the thing we all never mention about a fight....is that you have to be able to do it and get away with it.

To answer the original post, of all those who have a physical body:
1. Galactus
2. In Betweener
3. RKT
4. Thanos/Mangog

In a random encounter with no prep, Thanos doesn't the personal power to take on a celestial Destroyer cannot take out a celestial. Not even close. But that's the beauty of Thanos. He's the type of guy who scans the direction in which he's traveling for power signatures. He wouldn't be caught dead in the same space sectro as a celestial w/o a plan. And if he puts his mind to it...bye bye celestial.

Don't know much about the Watchers. They've always been portrayed as being "vastly powerful" but I know of no feats to their credit. Others seem to think they're above skyfathers but below Big G. So again, random encounter, perhaps Thanos goes down. With a plan...Thanos has a new observatory.

who?-kid
Odin didn't and wouldn't cross him. Odin believed he was justifiably defending his realm. Doom is the only character in MU who'd even debate it, and a LOT of power would have to be at stake for even him to try.

And as far as his reflexes, this is getting ridiculous people. W/o any scans whatsoever COMMON SENSE dictates Thanos of Titan has God-like reflexes. This is a guy who's fought guys like Drax, Thor and Hercules numerous times, including an insane Thor with the Power Gem. How could he even get a punch in or block a punch at all w/o reflexes to match these guys?

Plus, guys like Silver Surfer, Quasar, Drax, The Fallen One and Gladiator have all tried to speedblitz him numerous times only to be knocked on their ass or laughed at.

Thanos reflexes are fast enough that the Runner is the only character fast enough to speedblitz him. Find a new angle to hate him.

And we really need to stop crying "show me a scan" unless you are asking someone to prove a point that's not common knowledge. Kam is the one person here who's knowledge of The Mad Titan I KNOW equals or exceeds my own. That said, most here should trust what he says about Thanos.

Lastly if I claim GL rings can't produce force-fields then I probably haven't read any GL comics and therefore don't deserve a scan.
Thanos is not known for his speed. There isn't a single bio of his that mentions something like having "god like reflexes". I even read on a very impressive fan site he actually was a lot slower than Spider-Man.

Not only that, but Thanos has NO speed feats.

So when people claim Thanos has god like reflexes, it's not more than normal that other people ask them if they can back it up with at least some clear, non questionable scans showing us his impressive speed or reflexes skills, and not scans of Fallen One running into Thanos fist and calling that a speed feat for Thanos.

- Deathstroke has owned Flash more than once. Does that make him faster ? No.

- Spider-Man beat up Firelord. Does that make him faster ? No.

See where I'm going ?

Crease
And why would The Fallen One "run into" Thanos Fist? Last time:

"This is a guy who's fought guys like Drax, Thor and Hercules numerous times, including an insane Thor with the Power Gem. How could he even get a punch in or block a punch at all w/o reflexes to match these guys?

Thanos reflexes are fast enough that the Runner is the only character fast enough to speedblitz him. Find a new angle to hate him."

I don't know how else to say it. And it's not like I don't understand the reason for the hate. Not long ago I sarcastically referred to Batman as a skyfather because people kept claiming he could beat evry f****** body w/prep. Then I actually read his shit.

Once agin Who?-kid, you and I may have to agree to disagree.

who?-kid
This is a guy who's fought guys like Drax, Thor and Hercules numerous times, including an insane Thor with the Power Gem. How could he even get a punch in or block a punch at all w/o reflexes to match these guys?
Hey, those guys are no Flash or Quicksilver.

Okay, these are faster, but they haven't tried to speed blitz him. Surfer for example almost NEVER uses his speed when he fights Thanos. He mostly stands there and he lets Thanos come very close - I know I'm exaggerating, but basically, that's a typical Thanos-Surfer fight.

I don't hate Thanos. I think - and you can quote me on that - he is one of the coolest Marvel villains. I just don't like the fact he's seriously overrated here on this forum.

I KNOW his achievements. Impressive. Fun to read also. But sorry, he has a huge Jobber Aura also. Heroes suddenly loose half their power when they fight him (Hey it's Thanos, let's all just punch him !)

=> How about using your speed guys ? Or working like a team for once ? Or those impressive magical abilities of that hammer of yours Thor ?? Or your speed and flight Surfer boy ??

No problem. That's what we are here for. To debate. I would get bored if everybody started agreeing with me. It would be a change though.

Crease
"Hey, those guys are no Flash or Quicksilver."

True. But two are legitamate Gods and Drax was created by a high-level cosmic (Chronos) so his reflexes may possibly be beyond God-like.

"Okay, these are faster, but they haven't tried to speed blitz him. Surfer for example almost NEVER uses his speed when he fights Thanos. He mostly stands there and he lets Thanos come very close - I know I'm exaggerating, but basically, that's a typical Thanos-Surfer fight."

Other than when drawing their speedsters (Quicksilver and whoever else) Marvel doesn't show actual blurrs when guys with superhuman speed go H2H. Cap America fighting Black Panther and Thor fighting Thanos appears to be happening at the same speed. You and I got no control over that.

"I don't hate Thanos. I think - and you can quote me on that - he is one of the coolest Marvel villains. I just don't like the fact he's seriously overrated here on this forum."

Good to know you respect The Mad Titan.

"I KNOW his achievements. Impressive. Fun to read also. But sorry, he has a huge Jobber Aura also. Heroes suddenly loose half their power when they fight him (Hey it's Thanos, let's all just punch him !)

=> How about using your speed guys ? Or working like a team for once ? Or those impressive magical abilities of that hammer of yours Thor ?? Or your speed and flight Surfer boy ??"

Writers often disregard the full scope of a character's abilities to suit what they'd like the outcome of a fight to be, or just to fill pages. Thor and the JLA are the best examples of that. But most of Thor and SS's powers wouldn't put Thanos down. So I don't think people job to him.

"No problem. That's what we are here for. To debate. I would get bored if everybody started agreeing with me. It would be a change though."

True. The majority of the time I post though I'm at work, hence the hour long gaps between my posts. Also, once we've both posted and rebutted the other's post multiple times, we kinda both realize that we are simply interpreting the comics differently. Like those of us who firmly believe Thanos stalemated Odin and was just getting started when he rose to his feat at the end of the fight, and those who think we're fanboys because, according to them, Odin spanked Thanos.

who?-kid
Okay. Case closed. Batman wins.

big grin

Crease
Okay. Case closed. Batman wins.

big grin

Just edited my post...I don't know how the first one cut off most of it sad

who?-kid
Don't worry. I read it nonetheless. I actually agreed with most stuff, except, of course, the Odin vs Thanos fight.

It's pretty simple: Odin was without a scratch, was dominating the fight and Thanos could barely walk at the end. Odin wins.

It was a great durability feat for Thanos, but nothing more.

stick out tongue

Crease
Ok...you've convinced me shifty

K Von Doom
Kam is the one person here who's knowledge of The Mad Titan I KNOW equals or exceeds my own.

Who are you?

bigbran
thanos is slow,blocking surfers cosmic blast, fighting surfer(the fastest character in marvel, this guy has no reflexes, at all.

bigbran
thanos doged everyone of champs punches and he was smiling through the whole fight.

Lord S
Kam is the one person here who's knowledge of The Mad Titan I KNOW equals or exceeds my own. And yet his 'knowledge' still falls way short of the truth.

That said, most here should trust what he says about Thanos.

No. **** no. All I've seen from him his hyperbolous and simplistic statements in sad attempts at stroking the Mad Titan. It's disgusting, especially considering Thanos is my favourite character.

bigbran
i know thanos bu ti dont overestimate him,like mider says i do. thanos is my fav character too.

King KAM
And yet his 'knowledge' still falls way short of the truth.

That said, most here should trust what he says about Thanos.

No. **** no. All I've seen from him his hyperbolous and simplistic statements in sad attempts at stroking the Mad Titan. It's disgusting, especially considering Thanos is my favourite character. i have never lied once... so how can i use hyperbole, i love it when people get jealous of me on this forum, it excites me!

and crease knows a hell of a lot bout thanos, listen u chumps could learn somethin.

who?-kid
i love it when people get jealous of me on this forum, it excites me!

laughing

laughing laughing

Got more ? I need a laugh.

(You're as much popular as Thanos is fast.)

olympian
"Kam is the one person here who's knowledge of The Mad Titan I KNOW equals or exceeds my own."

There is a way to settle this.

How aknowleged are you stick out tongue

King KAM
laughing

laughing laughing

Got more ? I need a laugh.

(You're as much popular as Thanos is fast.) marvel tends to think he is fast...he is listed class 7.

Maestro
marvel tends to think he is fast...he is listed class 7.

Marvel thinks alot of things, it doesn't mean its right, when has Thanos ever used his so called 'speed' to win a battle or get out of a situation?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>