Cyclops vs Street Levellers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimrod009
I've been noticing on this forum that Cyclops is quite the badass. Most agree he takes out Wolverine, Spiderman, Venom...even Storm.

This surely puts Cyke in the top tier amongst his fellow street levellers. I have a new found respect for him and his power.

Who does he lose the majority against though?

I'm banning absorbers from this for obvious reasons (Bishop, Shaw, Strong Guy, etc. would wipe the floor with him).

Blair Wind
Street Levelers?

No one should beat him as long he has a far enough distance.

Up close, while a good martial artist, their are tons better.

Captian America would have the best chance since nothing the blast can do can harm the sheild. Though it could push him FAR away.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by nimrod009
I've been noticing on this forum that Cyclops is quite the badass. Most agree he takes out Wolverine, Spiderman, Venom...even Storm.

This surely puts Cyke in the top tier amongst his fellow street levellers. I have a new found respect for him and his power.

Who does he lose the majority against though?

I'm banning absorbers from this for obvious reasons (Bishop, Shaw, Strong Guy, etc. would wipe the floor with him).

Who are these "most" you refer to? I think most believe Spider-Man can take him. Wolverine, Storm, and Venom do get defeated, however, so I'll give you that.

Basically though, he can be beat by anyone who has high enough durabilty to withstand his optic blasts and catch him as well.

A prime example: Colossus. Colossus wins the majority against Cyke. But you probably don't consider Colossus street level.

Another obvious one then is Spider-Man. He would win the majority. Nightcrawler as well. Any speedster--Quicksilver, Northstar, Speedball, etc.

Gambit has A CHANCE. Actually, I revoke that. I think Cyke wins the majority against Gambit.

Black Panther would win the majority against Cyke as well. PERHAPS Daredevil, if his senses allow him to dodge the optic blasts in time. I'm torn on that one actually. I can see a Cyclops vs. Daredevil going 50/50.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Street Levelers?

No one should beat him as long he has a far enough distance.

Up close, while a good martial artist, their are tons better.

Captian America would have the best chance since nothing the blast can do can harm the sheild. Though it could push him FAR away.

Cyke would win the majority against Cap. There's no way that Cap would ever get close enough to Cyke to put him down. And the shield-throw is futile because Scott could blast it away and still have plenty of time to blast Cap when he undoubtedly tries to sneak attack/sucker punch Cyke.

Soleran
Do you think Northstar is streetlevel? Why would you even mention Colossus he isn't streetlevel. Why would you have Spiderman win but Venom lose when Venom has handed Spiderman his ass several times................

Cyclops wins because his blasts are concussive and he can use a focused beam or a SLAP down some pain with a wide blast.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Quicksilver, Northstar, Speedball, etc.

I REALLY don't consider them street level.

And on a side note Cyke has tagged Northstar, almost hit Quicksilver. His accuracy is PHENOMENAL. Why wouldnt he be able to hit Spidy?

nimrod009
Who are these "most" you refer to?

Yeah, apologies, perhaps I've been selective with the posts I've read on those threads stick out tongue

I might be wrong but I think Cyke has hit Quicksilver before hasn't he? Has he had a speed upgrade since? Of course Northstar and Speedball are borderline 10/10 over Cyke though.

I didn't want to be hasty and rule out the heavyweights. We know Collossus takes the majority, as would Hulk of course. But how would the likes of Sasquatch and Thing fare? If Cyke's blasts can punch holes through mountains, then they don't fare to well I don't think... stick out tongue

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Soleran
Do you think Northstar is streetlevel? Why would you even mention Colossus he isn't streetlevel. Why would you have Spiderman win but Venom lose when Venom has handed Spiderman his ass several times................

Cyclops wins because his blasts are concussive and he can use a focused beam or a SLAP down some pain with a wide blast.

Yea, sorry about that. I didn't mean to mention Colossus as an example, just wanted to get that out there.

But Spidey has the spider-sense, is more agile and slightly faster than Venom. That's pretty much the only reason why.

Northstar may not be considered street level. Just a thought I had, since most of the NOT-UBER-POWERFUL X-men are street level.

Metalmanx

And on a side note Cyke has tagged Northstar, almost hit Quicksilver. His accuracy is PHENOMENAL. Why wouldnt he be able to hit Spidy?

Fair enough to not consider them street level. Northstar was tagged yes, but realistically (and in a hypothetical match such as this), this should not have happened.

And yea, he has yet to hit Quicksilver to my knowledge. And if he has, that's pure crap. Quicksilver would easily be able to dodge a blast coming his way. Even from a standstill. His reaction speed is LEAGUES beyond Cyclops's.

And I never took anything away from Cyclops. He's one of my very favorite X-men, and I know very much about him. I know he is one of the most accurate characters in comics. Top 5 at least. But Spidey has the power-set necessary to put his accuracy to shame. Do you know what I'm saying?

Scoobless

Because Spider-Man's spider sense lets him know where to move slightly before an attack comes in, QS and NS don't have that

Soleran
Yes but the Symbiote has eyes everywhere so no spider sense but it see's it allsmile

Metalmanx
Yeah, apologies, perhaps I've been selective with the posts I've read on those threads stick out tongue

I might be wrong but I think Cyke has hit Quicksilver before hasn't he? Has he had a speed upgrade since? Of course Northstar and Speedball are borderline 10/10 over Cyke though.

I didn't want to be hasty and rule out the heavyweights. We know Collossus takes the majority, as would Hulk of course. But how would the likes of Sasquatch and Thing fare? If Cyke's blasts can punch holes through mountains, then they don't fare to well I don't think... stick out tongue

Heh, sorry about that. I didn't mean to make that sound like I was biting your head off or something.

Has he hit QS before? I thought he's never quite him. And yes, QS has a MAJOR speed upgrade now. Hell, even before HOM, he was already able to EASILY hit Mach 10, and he never found out what his limit was.

Sasquatch I feel would win a slight majority over Cyke. Mostly because of his extreme durability and speed. He would be able to take the blasts and then close the distance quickly. That, and Sassy is a brilliant genius, being a scientist and all. He could just as well find a way to outsmart Cyke. Though actually, I doubt it, since Cyke is one of the best tacticians in comics. Up there with Captain America in my book.

Thing, on the other hand...I feel that Cyke would win the majority.

NOTE: to all FF fans, don't spaz. I know what I'm talking about here.

Concentrating his beam, Cyke could definitely blast through Thing. And I'm sure it would prove both quite painful and quite damaging to ol' Ben. So I give Cyke the slight advantage here.

Metalmanx
Yes but the Symbiote has eyes everywhere so no spider sense but it see's it allsmile

True. But it's not precog, my friend. Just the ability to see all around him, not predict it.

Blair Wind
Isnt Northstar quicker than QS?? confused

nimrod009

Yes, a LOT quicker! smile

TheKahn

Mungi would be very disappointed in you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soleran
True. But it's not precog, my friend. Just the ability to see all around him, not predict it.

and my point was that precog or symbiote vision if Scott lets loose and blasts a wide swath both left and right and up and down neither will save the Venom or the Spidermansmile

Blair Wind
Originally posted by TheKahn
Mungi would be very disappointed in you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Its not that Im confused, but if he has hit NS, why cant he hit QS?? Thats my point mad

stick out tongue

TheKahn
Its not that Im confused, but if he has hit NS, why cant he hit QS?? Thats my point mad

stick out tongue

erm

Metalmanx

So far, yes. But really, it's debatable.

For one (even before HOM), Quicksilver never pushed himself and found a limit to his speed. For all we know, he could've been faster than Norhtstar.

And two, Northstar can even go as fast as his potential allows him because it would damage and kill him if he went to his highest speed.

So, in all essence, Quicksilver is the better speedster (his body is also better adapted to the rigors of super speed than Northstar's).

Metalmanx
and my point was that precog or symbiote vision if Scott lets loose and blasts a wide swath both left and right and up and down neither will save the Venom or the Spidermansmile

Spider-sense/Precog allows Spidey to know what's coming. He will know that a wide swath shot is coming.

So, he can either:

A. Take cover somewhere.

B. Close the distance faster than Cyke can pull off the blast (extremely pluasible and probably what would happen).

Or

C. Web Cyke in the face before the blast (having sensed it was coming), covering both his eyes, nose, and mouth. Not only will Cyke be blinded (yes, I know he can blast it off of his eyes), but he will also suffocate and die. So, even if he manages to blast it off his eyes (which would give Spidey AMPLE time to close the distance), he still chokes to death.

That's why Spider-Man defeats Cyclops.

Soleran
Spider-sense/Precog allows Spidey to know what's coming. He will know that a wide swath shot is coming.

So, he can either:

A. Take cover somewhere.

B. Close the distance faster than Cyke can pull off the blast (extremely pluasible and probably what would happen).

Or

C. Web Cyke in the face before the blast (having sensed it was coming), covering both his eyes, nose, and mouth. Not only will Cyke be blinded (yes, I know he can blast it off of his eyes), but he will also suffocate and die. So, even if he manages to blast it off his eyes (which would give Spidey AMPLE time to close the distance), he still chokes to death.

That's why Spider-Man defeats Cyclops.

no probably not for a majority of wins over Cyclops, depending on the distance when they start.

nimbus006
Who are these "most" you refer to? I think most believe Spider-Man can take him. Wolverine, Storm, and Venom do get defeated, however, so I'll give you that.

Basically though, he can be beat by anyone who has high enough durabilty to withstand his optic blasts and catch him as well.

A prime example: Colossus. Colossus wins the majority against Cyke. But you probably don't consider Colossus street level.

Another obvious one then is Spider-Man. He would win the majority. Nightcrawler as well. Any speedster--Quicksilver, Northstar, Speedball, etc.

Gambit has A CHANCE. Actually, I revoke that. I think Cyke wins the majority against Gambit.

Black Panther would win the majority against Cyke as well. PERHAPS Daredevil, if his senses allow him to dodge the optic blasts in time. I'm torn on that one actually. I can see a Cyclops vs. Daredevil going 50/50.

There is no way Daredevil can dodge one of cyclops wide span optic blasts. In Astonishing X-men Cyke takes his Visor off and Destroys a sentinel along with have the forest that stood there. Right after Wolverine says something to the likes of " you know Summers every now and then I'm reminded of why your in charge". Thats some serious props right there from someone who doesn't give alot of respect to other people. In my opinion Daredevil and many of the street levellers mentioned in this thread are not fast enough to get behind cyke in order to dodge that blast. However, this is all based on hoe far these guys are at the start of the fight. If close enough i believe a few of them could possibly maneuver around and get in position to take cyclops down. In my opinion Cyclops holds a ridiculous amount of power which he does does not unleash because of the destruction it would cause.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by nimbus006
There is no way Daredevil can dodge one of cyclops wide span optic blasts. In Astonishing X-men Cyke takes his Visor off and Destroys a sentinel along with have the forest that stood there. Right after Wolverine says something to the likes of " you know Summers every now and then I'm reminded of why your in charge". Thats some serious props right there from someone who doesn't give alot of respect to other people. In my opinion Daredevil and many of the street levellers mentioned in this thread are not fast enough to get behind cyke in order to dodge that blast. However, this is all based on hoe far these guys are at the start of the fight. If close enough i believe a few of them could possibly maneuver around and get in position to take cyclops down. In my opinion Cyclops holds a ridiculous amount of power which he does does not unleash because of the destruction it would cause.

No, you're right. I was referring to a normal optic blast. But you're very much correct. DD could never dodge a wide shot from Cyclops.

And pretty much everything else, I agree with. Cyclops is surprisingly powerful and severely underestimated.

I still agree with the list that I made previously, however.

Grimm22
Cyke would win the majority against Cap. There's no way that Cap would ever get close enough to Cyke to put him down. And the shield-throw is futile because Scott could blast it away and still have plenty of time to blast Cap when he undoubtedly tries to sneak attack/sucker punch Cyke.

Agreed erm

Still Cap would still get his hits in yes

Takion
Ryu can.

Grimm22
Cyclops beats....

-Blade

-Spider-Man

-Thing

-Wolverine

-Daredevil

-Moonknight

-Captain America

-Nightwing

-Batman

-Robin

-Batgirl

ect....

nimbus006
No, you're right. I was referring to a normal optic blast. But you're very much correct. DD could never dodge a wide shot from Cyclops.

And pretty much everything else, I agree with. Cyclops is surprisingly powerful and severely underestimated.

I still agree with the list that I made previously, however.

Yea i mean alot of these are debatable. There are many cirmcumstances in which some of these guys can get in close enough to put cyclops down, but for the most part if cyclops gets his distance he can obliterate many opponents. And just because someone gets close enough to cyke doesnt mean there beating him, lets not forget cylops is an accomplished h2h combatant. Nowhere near the level of Cap and DD, but he can hold his own. Im still debating whether or not Thing is durable enough to take one of Cyke shots, i kind of want to say he can, but not sure.

King KAM
Originally posted by Grimm22
Agreed erm

Still Cap would still get his hits in yes how is this agreed??? have you not read captain america?

there is no way cyclops is hitting the cap with a blast,caps dodging abilities are far superior,and his blocking feats too great. cap gets in on him and pounds his face in. If cap can dodge 20 lazer beams in zero gravity he can dodge 1 coming straight at him.

And no cyclops blast will not push cap back, his shield kills its kinetic energy.

Soleran
Originally posted by King KAM
how is this agreed??? have you not read captain america?

there is no way cyclops is hitting the cap with a blast,caps dodging abilities are far superior,and his blocking feats too great. cap gets in on him and pounds his face in. If cap can dodge 20 lazer beams in zero gravity he can dodge 1 coming straight at him.

And no cyclops blast will not push cap back, his shield kills its kinetic energy.

G thats swell except Cyclops can blast VERY wide areas far greater then just what captains shield will cover on his body as well as faster then he can dodge.

King KAM
G thats swell except Cyclops can blast VERY wide areas far greater then just what captains shield will cover on his body as well as faster then he can dodge. g thats swell that you dont have a damn clue about captain americas sheild....

Pwned

Metalmanx
how is this agreed??? have you not read captain america?

I was wondering what took you so long. I mentioned Cap's name hours ago.

Cyke would win against Cap one on one. Do you honestly believe Cyke is going to stand there while Cap closes the distances? Why does everyone believe Cyclops to be some retard with optic blasts?

IF Cap gets close enough, he's not going to just insantly put down Cyke, who is also a very formidable hand-to-hand combatant. That, and Cap will be hindered because if he opens up to attack, Cyke can blast him. If Cap tries to throw his shield, Cyke can blast him and the shield away. Or Hell, he can just move.

Cyclops also doesn't need to actually hit Cap for the win either. He can either create pits in the ground where Cap is standing, knock debris on to him, or collapse a roof on him. He can only block in one direction at once. So, either he gets hit with an optic blast or he gets crushed. Your choice.

Metalmanx
Cyclops beats....

-Blade

-Spider-Man

-Thing

-Wolverine

-Daredevil

-Moonknight

-Captain America

-Nightwing

-Batman

-Robin

-Batgirl

ect....

Take Spider-Man off that list and you're exactly right.

Soleran
g thats swell that you dont have a damn clue about captain americas sheild....

Pwned

wow thats a really pathetic ATTEMPT at an own, we'll leave the spelling out of it this time, lol.

King_Mungi

He tagged Northstar when he wasn't even fighting Cyclops, it's a meh! feat.

Other street level fighters that can beat him: Puck, Diamond Lil and Radius

Soleran
Originally posted by King_Mungi
He tagged Northstar when he wasn't even fighting Cyclops, it's a meh! feat.

Other street level fighters that can beat him: Puck, Diamond Lil and Radius

Sure they CAN win but aside from Radius, Puck and Diamond aren't taking the majoritysmile

King_Mungi
Sure they CAN win but aside from Radius, Puck and Diamond aren't taking the majoritysmile

Well how would Cyclops win? nothing has penetrated their sheilds (Diamond Lil and Radius) and Puck is nearly indestructable and invulnerable.

Soleran
KO with Puck and Diamond Lil, not kill just KO.

King_Mungi
KO with Puck and Diamond Lil, not kill just KO.

eh?...that's not an easy feat. I don't even recall Diamond Lil every being knocked out unless it was magic involved.

Soleran
Originally posted by King_Mungi
eh?...that's not an easy feat. I don't even recall Diamond Lil every being knocked out unless it was magic involved.

Maybe, how does Diamond lil overcome Cyclops?

King KAM
I was wondering what took you so long. I mentioned Cap's name hours ago.

Cyke would win against Cap one on one. Do you honestly believe Cyke is going to stand there while Cap closes the distances? Why does everyone believe Cyclops to be some retard with optic blasts?

IF Cap gets close enough, he's not going to just insantly put down Cyke, who is also a very formidable hand-to-hand combatant. That, and Cap will be hindered because if he opens up to attack, Cyke can blast him. If Cap tries to throw his shield, Cyke can blast him and the shield away. Or Hell, he can just move.

Cyclops also doesn't need to actually hit Cap for the win either. He can either create pits in the ground where Cap is standing, knock debris on to him, or collapse a roof on him. He can only block in one direction at once. So, either he gets hit with an optic blast or he gets crushed. Your choice.

Cyclops will not hit captain america with a blast head on, i just wanna make sure that is clear. Captain America blocks bullets, dodges lazers,and moves faster than the human eyes can track, often. Cyclops will not hit captain america.

As for the pit and crush idea, captain america has had tons of debris fall on him more than once, i think he will be alright, and since when is it in cyclops character to crush cap??? im pretty sure it isnt, Because cap could, throw his shiel faster than Cyclops can think to blast and just decapitate him, but that would be out of character. And as for the whole h2h thing. Who has Cykes ever beat in h2h who has some merritt??? no-one. If cap Makes iron fist look like a Noob when serious then what the hell is cyclops gonna do?nothing.

Cap closes the distances with dodging ,agility,and blocking if neccesary,then cyclops gets dismantled in h2h in about 2seconds. Or cap could just throw the shield and while cyclops tries to blast it BAM liver punch.

King_Mungi
Maybe, how does Diamond lil overcome Cyclops?

She is a very skilled martial arts, and very fast even catching Spider-Man. Her durability and strength can take the win.

Diamond Lil:
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Diamond_Lil

Puck
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Puck_I

Radius:
http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Radius

rotiart
Honestly. And consider how much i hate wolverine and love cyclops. The problem is in that the way the characters are written Cyclops will not beat spiderman, venom, wolverine, captain america. He might be able to go 50/50 with batman or robin. And i'm sure he'll tag the rest. But you guys aren't giving Venom, or spiderman their due. or caps or wolverine. 1st. Cyclops cannot at all, period, will not, hurt venom. There is almost no instances where brute concussive force other than sound or fire caused Venom pain Venom wins 9/10, unless someone suddenly confuses cyclops concussive energy with heat vision. Spiderman with his speed and webs should pull 5.5/10, not much, but still a small majority. cap same thing. Cap challenges guys like thor on a daily basis, and the vibranium in his shield absorbs concussive attacks.. .ie.. cyclops energy blasts. Wolverine would just outlast cyclops. Eventually cyclops would keep pushing wolverine back, knock him off balance, but never kill him, and wolverine would just keep coming. I see wolverine pulling 6/10.

Soleran
i think he will be alright, and since when is it in cyclops character to crush cap???

Ok so its a you think, Cyclops has show blasts are far greater then lasers and etc show otherwise .........

King KAM
Ok so its a you think, Cyclops has show blasts are far greater then lasers and etc show otherwise ......... that was a horrid counter-argument.

And cap has had more than one building fall on him, he has been in several plane crashes,and has survived more nukes than Japan.

and blasts dont matter if the cant hit the man.

Soleran
anyone that believes they can win with a "street level" guy please post otherwise.

Metalmanx
Cyclops will not hit captain america with a blast head on, i just wanna make sure that is clear. Captain America blocks bullets, dodges lazers,and moves faster than the human eyes can track, often. Cyclops will not hit captain america.

As for the pit and crush idea, captain america has had tons of debris fall on him more than once, i think he will be alright, and since when is it in cyclops character to crush cap??? im pretty sure it isnt, Because cap could, throw his shiel faster than Cyclops can think to blast and just decapitate him, but that would be out of character. And as for the whole h2h thing. Who has Cykes ever beat in h2h who has some merritt??? no-one. If cap Makes iron fist look like a Noob when serious then what the hell is cyclops gonna do?nothing.

Cap closes the distances with dodging ,agility,and blocking if neccesary,then cyclops gets dismantled in h2h in about 2seconds. Or cap could just throw the shield and while cyclops tries to blast it BAM liver punch.

It is absolutely pointless trying to debate with you when Steve is involved. Your head is so far up Cap's ass it's not even funny. Open your eyes to other characters that have the abilities to beat Cap.

xmarksthespot
Cyclops vs Captain America is a separate long thread. Consensus by the rational. Captain America dies.

Cyclops vs Spiderman. Cyclops. That's right I said it. Because really where is he going to hide from a forest levelling blast?

Metalmanx
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Cyclops vs Captain America is a separate long thread. Consensus by the rational. Captain America dies.

Cyclops vs Spiderman. Cyclops. That's right I said it. Because really where is he going to hide from a forest levelling blast?

Spidey would either close the distance with the sufficient available time (due to his precog), or we up Cyke's entire face. This would easily slow down Cyke so Spidey could mess him up.

Apolloknight
Spidey would either close the distance with the sufficient available time (due to his precog), or we up Cyke's entire face. This would easily slow down Cyke so Spidey could mess him up.

Yeah, spidermans web is really gonna stop a forest leveling optic blast.........

Think about it, it all depends on distance, if spiderman is close, he might be able to get around it, but if they are more then lets say, 15-20ft apart, its GG spiderman. Their is no where to hide from a Wide Scan Optic Blast. His Precog ain't gonna do much, Spiderman will be looking right at him, already involved involved in the fight, So i don't see how his Precog is effective here.

xmarksthespot
It really doesn't take precog to recognise Cyclops is going to use his optic blasts in the fight or Spider-Man is either going to use his webs of his fists.

The outcome depends on the distance he needs to clear. IIRC in the Storm vs Cyclops thread consensus was he could shoot her before she hits him with lightning. The beams are depicted as force that behaves like light, a corollary being their speed. Cyclops doesn't need to aim, he aims by looking.

I'd estimate it takes less than a tenth of a second to open the visor and ~three tenths to pull off the visor.

MrHeavySilence
No street leveller could dodge an omniblast

Soleran
that was a horrid counter-argument.

And cap has had more than one building fall on him, he has been in several plane crashes,and has survived more nukes than Japan.

and blasts dont matter if the cant hit the man.

LOL, so comical.

King KAM
It is absolutely pointless trying to debate with you when Steve is involved. Your head is so far up Cap's ass it's not even funny. Open your eyes to other characters that have the abilities to beat Cap. you know this means that you just forfeited, thanks man. you should know that you can't out debate me so instead you call me names because i KNOW my character and what he is fully capable of.

your just mad cuzz i tell it how it IS and you tell it how it MIGHT be.Originally posted by Soleran
LOL, so comical. comical because you resorted to saying that cyclops would hit cap with a building, and didnt know that cap has had numerous buildings fall on him already. Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
No street leveller could dodge an omniblast cyclops would never use one on a street-leveler its out of character,and against forum rules.

The King is KAM miffed

xmarksthespot
no expression Cap dies.

King KAM
no expression Cap dies. ....either actually come up with a debate....or actually...i dont care anymore. ive out debated everyone in this thread. and it bores me

xmarksthespot
....either actually come up with a debate....or actually...i dont care anymore. ive out debated everyone in this thread. and it bores me no expression There was another thread... it was debated ad nauseum... where only you and jinzin were saying Cap wins. Cyclops can aim wherever he wants to. In comics people only ever retardedly aim for the shield, case in point:

King KAM
no expression There was another thread... it was debated ad nauseum... where only you and jinzin were saying Cap wins. Cyclops can aim wherever he wants to. In comics people only ever retardedly aim for the shield, case in point: people werent aiming at his shield,the page before it showed how he was contorting his body in the air and blocking multple bullets.

batdude123

I agree. thumb up

King KAM
Originally posted by batdude123
I agree. thumb up he doesnt have to hide...he'll just run right through it.

Apolloknight
he doesnt have to hide...he'll just run right through it. rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Yeah, Just like when he ran Threw Thors Blast that tore the flesh from his bone........

xmarksthespot
He's falling they're aiming for his shield when his legs and torso are an easy target.
people werent aiming at his shield,the page before it showed how he was contorting his body in the air and blocking multple bullets. That comes afterwards. Note their are guards on both sides firing continuous automatic rounds. Circled guards have three easy targets. Bullets only hit the shield.

xmarksthespot
Forgot attachment.

Grimm22
no expression There was another thread... it was debated ad nauseum... where only you and jinzin were saying Cap wins. Cyclops can aim wherever he wants to. In comics people only ever retardedly aim for the shield, case in point:

Actually no one aims for the Shield no expression

As explained in a recent Cap comic, Cap can dodge and block bullets with his sheild because he is able to see faster wink

King KAM
Originally posted by Apolloknight
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Yeah, Just like when he ran Threw Thors Blast that tore the flesh from his bone........ you just compared an Odin Force god blast to Cyclops Optic Blast....

you sir, are a douche.

jinzin
you just compared an Odin Force god blast to Cyclops Optic Blast....

you sir, are a douche.

OWNAGE!

xmarksthespot
Actually no one aims for the Shield no expression

As explained in a recent Cap comic, Cap can dodge and block bullets with his sheild because he is able to see faster wink Let me clarify. Writers make bullets hit the shield because to do otherwise would result in the death of Captain America. Bullets are the biggest jobbers in comics. He isn't Quicksilver, Flash, Northstar, Impulse or Aurora.

In a comic Captain America would win because god forbid he lose. Here he'd die. There's really no reasoning other than the Cap is a legend he'll find a way 'logic'.

Grimm22
Let me clarify. Writers make bullets hit the shield because to do otherwise would result in the death of Captain America. Bullets are the biggest jobbers in comics. He isn't Quicksilver, Flash, Northstar, Impulse or Aurora.

In a comic Captain America would win because god forbid he lose. Here he'd die. There's really no reasoning other than the Cap is a legend he'll find a way 'logic'.

Sounds like someone dosent like Cap roll eyes (sarcastic)

King KAM
Originally posted by jinzin
OWNAGE! thats another one to the profile.

xmarksthespot
Sounds like someone dosent like Cap roll eyes (sarcastic) erm Oh yay... another person who thinks that when someone argues against a character it's because they don't like them.

Grimm22
erm Oh yay... another person who thinks that when someone argues against a character it's because they don't like them.

No its just apparent that you just dont like Cap no expression

I mean I can say that Batman will lose to Cyclops, but that dosent mean that I dont like him

xmarksthespot
No its just apparent that you just dont like Cap no expression

I mean I can say that Batman will lose to Cyclops, but that dosent mean that I dont like him I don't have any great like or dislike of Cap. no expression But I think he loses.

Apolloknight
thats another one to the profile.

So let me gets this straight, and lay all the cards on the table with you, because I wanna be sure of what you are saying.

Cyclops, can can level a forest and completely obliterate sentinels, BUT, Captain America, wait, Captain America, A PEAK Human, Runs right through it? k if you say so
no expression

Like I said when Spiderman was brought up, its all a matter of distance, and since Cap is no where near the agility and reflexes of Spiderman, hes going to have to be even closer.

Guess what, I don't Think Scott's going to let good ole Cap get that close to him.

I Think I'll go with the guy who can turn a football stadium into a parking lot vs. a Peak Human.

jinzin
So let me gets this straight, and lay all the cards on the table with you, because I wanna be sure of what you are saying.

Cyclops, can can level a forest and completely obliterate sentinels, BUT, Captain America, wait, Captain America, A PEAK Human, Runs right through it? k if you say so
no expression

actually it's not if he says so it's SINCE marvel says so...

the sheild is made to displace and neutralize any and all forms of force that are used against it.. a blast from cyclops would be displaced as well.. like a guyser with no-where else to go the center of the blast would implode causing the outer-rim of the blast to shoot off the shield to the ground/air/etc etc. since all that energy has to go SOMEWHERE.

If cyclops tries to do a forest leveling blast by touching/removing his visor he's gonna get a shield toss to the head instead.

Metalmanx
you know this means that you just forfeited, thanks man. you should know that you can't out debate me so instead you call me names because i KNOW my character and what he is fully capable of.

your just mad cuzz i tell it how it IS and you tell it how it MIGHT be. comical because you resorted to saying that cyclops would hit cap with a building, and didnt know that cap has had numerous buildings fall on him already. cyclops would never use one on a street-leveler its out of character,and against forum rules.

The King is KAM miffed

...I just forfeited? That's kind of lame, wouldn't you say?

I merely pointed out that it's pointless to argue with you because even if I produced an official comic where Cyclops hands Cap his ass, you'd still say that Cap won the fight.

So really, why waste my time?

P.S.--Why is it against Forum rules to do whatever it takes to win this purely hypothetical fight? There is no CIS/PIS here, which means a character won't hold back because he/she does it in the comics. Sounds like you're trying to find an excuse for Cap being able to beat Cyke. A poor one, but at lease you're trying.

emporerpants
maybe its just me, but i don't think cap can possibly totally sheild every part of his body from one of cykes larger blasts. in my opinion, cyke makes cap once, twice, three times a lady.

jinzin
Originally posted by emporerpants
maybe its just me, but i don't think cap can possibly totally sheild every part of his body from one of cykes larger blasts. in my opinion, cyke makes cap once, twice, three times a lady.

from a visorless blast I'd agree...

Apolloknight
actually it's not if he says so it's SINCE marvel says so...

the sheild is made to displace and neutralize any and all forms of force that are used against it.. a blast from cyclops would be displaced as well.. like a guyser with no-where else to go the center of the blast would implode causing the outer-rim of the blast to shoot off the shield to the ground/air/etc etc. since all that energy has to go SOMEWHERE.

If cyclops tries to do a forest leveling blast by touching/removing his visor he's gonna get a shield toss to the head instead.

I'm am well aware that Captain Americas shields stops all kinetic energy used against it, thats what Vibranium does.

A simple optic blast from Cyclops gets deflected easily, but a Forest leveling blast, He could probably stop what he is blocking, but his legs, maybe the top of his skull, and whatever else isn't protected by the shield is getting erased.

See what I mean?

If Cap was close to Cyclops, he could take him down, thats why in this fight distance matters.

emporerpants
and besides, even if cap did magically manage to defend against the entire blast, couldn't cyke proceed to just, simply look down and take the ground out from under cap? i mean, the man can create a rather large hole if he feels like it.

jinzin
I'm am well aware that Captain Americas shields stops all kinetic energy used against it, thats what Vibranium does.

A simple optic blast from Cyclops gets deflected easily, but a Forest leveling blast, He could probably stop what he is blocking, but his legs, maybe the top of his skull, and whatever else isn't protected by the shield is getting erased.

See what I mean?

If Cap was close to Cyclops, he could take him down, thats why in this fight distance matters.

read above I agree.. visorless. he can take cap...

emporerpants
i agree with apolloknight, distance plays a key role here

King KAM
read above I agree.. visorless. he can take cap... how?

emporerpants
visorless his blast encompasses more area than cap's sheild can defend against at one time. thats how.

jinzin
the blast won't be concentrated at all.. it will hit everything and the center will be harder to displace because cyk doesn't have to hit him with the center of the beam..

if you're asking how he gets visorless.. ?

I don't know.. that's a good question.. the cap has PONKED people faster than their trigger fingers could act.. so I'm kinda unclear how cyk is gonna be able to do that...

Apolloknight
the blast won't be concentrated at all.. it will hit everything and the center will be harder to displace because cyk doesn't have to hit him with the center of the beam..

if you're asking how he gets visorless.. ?

I don't know.. that's a good question.. the cap has PONKED people faster than their trigger fingers could act.. so I'm kinda unclear how cyk is gonna be able to do that...

Which is why distance matters so much. Cyclops, a great tactician himself, would never let Cap get that close to him, lets remember while Cap is a Peak human, Cyc is no pushover either, black-belts and Judo and akido himself, and he also trains like crazy. Although not Peak like capt, he is still very formidable, I would give him Top Tier Boxer Physique.

Metalmanx

See what I mean?

It doesn't even stop ALL kinetic energy either. Colossus once punched Cap's shield (with Cap holding of course) and sent him flying the opposite way. If ALL kinetic energy was taken, he wouldn't have gone anywhere.

jinzin
which doesn't even come close to being any real trheat with cap in h2h.. the thing is while cyk may not WANT to get in close with cap.. he may not have a choice... plus he's gotta be leary of the shield toss...

Apolloknight
It doesn't even stop ALL kinetic energy either. Colossus once punched Cap's shield (with Cap holding of course) and sent him flying the opposite way. If ALL kinetic energy was taken, he wouldn't have gone anywhere.

I was just about to ask that question...

King KAM
It doesn't even stop ALL kinetic energy either. Colossus once punched Cap's shield (with Cap holding of course) and sent him flying the opposite way. If ALL kinetic energy was taken, he wouldn't have gone anywhere. wasnt the real shield, iron man had the real one.

Metalmanx
which doesn't even come close to being any real trheat with cap in h2h.. the thing is while cyk may not WANT to get in close with cap.. he may not have a choice... plus he's gotta be leary of the shield toss...

And what's stopping Cyke from just blasting the shield away? I don't see how the throw is a problem. In fact, I do see it as a severe handicap on Cap's part. Sucks for him, losing his shield and all.

King KAM
And what's stopping Cyke from just blasting the shield away? I don't see how the throw is a problem. In fact, I do see it as a severe handicap on Cap's part. Sucks for him, losing his shield and all. cykes can blast something that moves faster than bullets? and catches rockets...

Metalmanx
wasnt the real shield, iron man had the real one.

So what you're telling me, is that when Cap has his "real" shield, he's NEVER been knocked the other way when blocking a very powerful attack?

Metalmanx
cykes can blast something that moves faster than bullets? and catches rockets...

When did Cap's shield become faster than a bullet?

Don't get me wrong, I know he can throw it extremely fast. Bullet-fast, however? Let's not get too overzealous now, King KAM.

Apolloknight
cykes can blast something that moves faster than bullets? and catches rockets...

Are you implying that Cap is faster then bullets? What the f**k?

jinzin
And what's stopping Cyke from just blasting the shield away? I don't see how the throw is a problem. In fact, I do see it as a severe handicap on Cap's part. Sucks for him, losing his shield and all.

cause any distraction would cause the gap (IF THERE IS ONE OF ANY SIGNIFICANT VALUE) to get THAT much shorter..

Metalmanx
cause any distraction would cause the gap (IF THERE IS ONE OF ANY SIGNIFICANT VALUE) to get THAT much shorter..

Yea, but Jinzin, you know better than this. Cyke can both blast the shield away and then just LOOK at shield-less Cap and blast him, too, in like...1 second. Blast, blast. Just like that.

King KAM
So what you're telling me, is that when Cap has his "real" shield, he's NEVER been knocked the other way when blocking a very powerful attack? nope. it is an official retcon.

jinzin
Yea, but Jinzin, you know better than this. Cyke can both blast the shield away and then just LOOK at shield-less Cap and blast him, too, in like...1 second. Blast, blast. Just like that.

that's one second longer than cap needs... confused

Apolloknight
that's one second longer than cap needs... confused

Why does everyone think Cap runs up to Cyc and obliterates him in H2H, Cyc has held his own against an enrage Logan before, and logan is peak human and arguably faster then Capt

I don't get it....... What the f**k?

jinzin
when did cyk do that?

are you talking about when logan was messed up mentally shortly after the pheonix saga.. because even cyk admitted that if he didn't have that to his advantage logan would have manhandled him.. like.. you know..pretty much what happens every time they get into a h2h.

who?-kid
I don't understand how people can think that Cap can throw his shield faster than Cyclops can fire his optic beams.

What Cyclops sees, he hits. As good as (almost) instantaneous. And since his blasts are much more dangerous than Captain America's shield => my vote goes for Cyclops.

xmarksthespot
no expression If it absorbs all kinetic energy then it would bounce harmlessly off people.
Originally posted by who?-kid
I don't understand how people can think that Cap can throw his shield faster than Cyclops can fire his optic beams.Neither considering every part of the former action is slower than every part of the latter i.e. aiming, range of motion require and the speed of the actual attack.
Originally posted by who?-kid
What Cyclops sees, he hits. As good as (almost) instantaneous. And since his blasts are much more dangerous than Captain America's shield => my vote goes for Cyclops. Yep. Additionally Cyclops attack is continuous.

Captain America somehow against physical possibility fits his 6'2, 200lb frame behind a 2.5 ft diameter shield? Cyclops blasts the ground beneath him. Or waits until he tries to make a move and then blasts him. Or does a ricocheting shot and blasts him from behind.

Captain America tries to make a run for him. Cyclops blasts his legs off.

Captain America tries to throw the shield and gets shot because the optic blasts are faster.

If by some miracle Captain America does get close enough to engage H2H yes he is a better fighter, but Cyclops can hold his own long enough to... you guessed it... blast him away.

Metalmanx
no expression If it absorbs all kinetic energy then it would bounce harmlessly off people.
Neither considering every part of the former action is slower than every part of the latter i.e. aiming, range of motion require and the speed of the actual attack.
Yep. Additionally Cyclops attack is continuous.

Captain America somehow against physical possibility fits his 6'2, 200lb frame behind a 2.5 ft diameter shield? Cyclops blasts the ground beneath him. Or waits until he tries to make a move and then blasts him. Or does a ricocheting shot and blasts him from behind.

Captain America tries to make a run for him. Cyclops blasts his legs off.

Captain America tries to throw the shield and gets shot because the optic blasts are faster.

If by some miracle Captain America does get close enough to engage H2H yes he is a better fighter, but Cyclops can hold his own long enough to... you guessed it... blast him away.

Oh, Xmarks...how did you come to be so intelligent?

nimrod009
Can anyone tell me how fast Cyke's blast is? I'm just wondering what kind of speed / agility would be needed to dodge the average blast.

Would speedsters like Northstar, Aurora, Quicksilver, etc see it in slow motion? Or is it actually a light speed blast...in which case Cyclops is practically unbeatable to all street levelers! big grin

Metalmanx
Can anyone tell me how fast Cyke's blast is? I'm just wondering what kind of speed / agility would be needed to dodge the average blast.

Would speedsters like Northstar, Aurora, Quicksilver, etc see it in slow motion? Or is it actually a light speed blast...in which case Cyclops is practically unbeatable to all street levelers! big grin

For some reason, it doesn't appear to be light-speed. However, it is still extremely fast. From all the comic evidence I've seen, I'd estimate somewhere around half of the speed of light. To me, it appears to be about that fast.

Usually high-level speedsters can avoid it if prepared. But only barely, because of their superhuman reflexes. Although Cyke has tagged both Quicksilver and Northstar before.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.