KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cyclops vs Street Levellers

Cyclops vs Street Levellers
Started by: nimrod009

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimrod009
DIABOLIK!

Cyclops vs Street Levellers

I've been noticing on this forum that Cyclops is quite the badass. Most agree he takes out Wolverine, Spiderman, Venom...even Storm.

This surely puts Cyke in the top tier amongst his fellow street levellers. I have a new found respect for him and his power.

Who does he lose the majority against though?

I'm banning absorbers from this for obvious reasons (Bishop, Shaw, Strong Guy, etc. would wipe the floor with him).

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:24 PM
nimrod009 is currently offline Click here to Send nimrod009 a Private Message Find more posts by nimrod009 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Street Levelers?

No one should beat him as long he has a far enough distance.

Up close, while a good martial artist, their are tons better.

Captian America would have the best chance since nothing the blast can do can harm the sheild. Though it could push him FAR away.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:38 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Re: Cyclops vs Street Levellers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nimrod009
I've been noticing on this forum that Cyclops is quite the badass. Most agree he takes out Wolverine, Spiderman, Venom...even Storm.

This surely puts Cyke in the top tier amongst his fellow street levellers. I have a new found respect for him and his power.

Who does he lose the majority against though?

I'm banning absorbers from this for obvious reasons (Bishop, Shaw, Strong Guy, etc. would wipe the floor with him).

Who are these "most" you refer to? I think most believe Spider-Man can take him. Wolverine, Storm, and Venom do get defeated, however, so I'll give you that.

Basically though, he can be beat by anyone who has high enough durabilty to withstand his optic blasts and catch him as well.

A prime example: Colossus. Colossus wins the majority against Cyke. But you probably don't consider Colossus street level.

Another obvious one then is Spider-Man. He would win the majority. Nightcrawler as well. Any speedster--Quicksilver, Northstar, Speedball, etc.

Gambit has A CHANCE. Actually, I revoke that. I think Cyke wins the majority against Gambit.

Black Panther would win the majority against Cyke as well. PERHAPS Daredevil, if his senses allow him to dodge the optic blasts in time. I'm torn on that one actually. I can see a Cyclops vs. Daredevil going 50/50.

Last edited by Metalmanx on Jun 23rd, 2006 at 02:51 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:49 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Street Levelers?

No one should beat him as long he has a far enough distance.

Up close, while a good martial artist, their are tons better.

Captian America would have the best chance since nothing the blast can do can harm the sheild. Though it could push him FAR away.

Cyke would win the majority against Cap. There's no way that Cap would ever get close enough to Cyke to put him down. And the shield-throw is futile because Scott could blast it away and still have plenty of time to blast Cap when he undoubtedly tries to sneak attack/sucker punch Cyke.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:50 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Do you think Northstar is streetlevel? Why would you even mention Colossus he isn't streetlevel. Why would you have Spiderman win but Venom lose when Venom has handed Spiderman his ass several times................

Cyclops wins because his blasts are concussive and he can use a focused beam or a SLAP down some pain with a wide blast.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:52 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Re: Re: Cyclops vs Street Levellers

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Quicksilver, Northstar, Speedball, etc.

I REALLY don't consider them street level.

And on a side note Cyke has tagged Northstar, almost hit Quicksilver. His accuracy is PHENOMENAL. Why wouldnt he be able to hit Spidy?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:52 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimrod009
DIABOLIK!

Re: Re: Cyclops vs Street Levellers

Who are these "most" you refer to?

Yeah, apologies, perhaps I've been selective with the posts I've read on those threads stick out tongue

quote:
Any speedster--Quicksilver, Northstar, Speedball, etc.

I might be wrong but I think Cyke has hit Quicksilver before hasn't he? Has he had a speed upgrade since? Of course Northstar and Speedball are borderline 10/10 over Cyke though.

quote:
A prime example: Colossus. Colossus wins the majority against Cyke. But you probably don't consider Colossus street level.

I didn't want to be hasty and rule out the heavyweights. We know Collossus takes the majority, as would Hulk of course. But how would the likes of Sasquatch and Thing fare? If Cyke's blasts can punch holes through mountains, then they don't fare to well I don't think... stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:01 PM
nimrod009 is currently offline Click here to Send nimrod009 a Private Message Find more posts by nimrod009 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Soleran
Do you think Northstar is streetlevel? Why would you even mention Colossus he isn't streetlevel. Why would you have Spiderman win but Venom lose when Venom has handed Spiderman his ass several times................

Cyclops wins because his blasts are concussive and he can use a focused beam or a SLAP down some pain with a wide blast.

Yea, sorry about that. I didn't mean to mention Colossus as an example, just wanted to get that out there.

But Spidey has the spider-sense, is more agile and slightly faster than Venom. That's pretty much the only reason why.

Northstar may not be considered street level. Just a thought I had, since most of the NOT-UBER-POWERFUL X-men are street level.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:05 PM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Re: Re: Re: Cyclops vs Street Levellers

And on a side note Cyke has tagged Northstar, almost hit Quicksilver. His accuracy is PHENOMENAL. Why wouldnt he be able to hit Spidy?

Fair enough to not consider them street level. Northstar was tagged yes, but realistically (and in a hypothetical match such as this), this should not have happened.

And yea, he has yet to hit Quicksilver to my knowledge. And if he has, that's pure crap. Quicksilver would easily be able to dodge a blast coming his way. Even from a standstill. His reaction speed is LEAGUES beyond Cyclops's.

And I never took anything away from Cyclops. He's one of my very favorite X-men, and I know very much about him. I know he is one of the most accurate characters in comics. Top 5 at least. But Spidey has the power-set necessary to put his accuracy to shame. Do you know what I'm saying?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:07 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Because Spider-Man's spider sense lets him know where to move slightly before an attack comes in, QS and NS don't have that

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:09 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Yes but the Symbiote has eyes everywhere so no spider sense but it see's it allsmile

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:13 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by nimrod009
Yeah, apologies, perhaps I've been selective with the posts I've read on those threads stick out tongue

I might be wrong but I think Cyke has hit Quicksilver before hasn't he? Has he had a speed upgrade since? Of course Northstar and Speedball are borderline 10/10 over Cyke though.

I didn't want to be hasty and rule out the heavyweights. We know Collossus takes the majority, as would Hulk of course. But how would the likes of Sasquatch and Thing fare? If Cyke's blasts can punch holes through mountains, then they don't fare to well I don't think... stick out tongue

Heh, sorry about that. I didn't mean to make that sound like I was biting your head off or something.

Has he hit QS before? I thought he's never quite him. And yes, QS has a MAJOR speed upgrade now. Hell, even before HOM, he was already able to EASILY hit Mach 10, and he never found out what his limit was.

Sasquatch I feel would win a slight majority over Cyke. Mostly because of his extreme durability and speed. He would be able to take the blasts and then close the distance quickly. That, and Sassy is a brilliant genius, being a scientist and all. He could just as well find a way to outsmart Cyke. Though actually, I doubt it, since Cyke is one of the best tacticians in comics. Up there with Captain America in my book.

Thing, on the other hand...I feel that Cyke would win the majority.

NOTE: to all FF fans, don't spaz. I know what I'm talking about here.

Concentrating his beam, Cyke could definitely blast through Thing. And I'm sure it would prove both quite painful and quite damaging to ol' Ben. So I give Cyke the slight advantage here.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:14 PM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Soleran
Yes but the Symbiote has eyes everywhere so no spider sense but it see's it allsmile

True. But it's not precog, my friend. Just the ability to see all around him, not predict it.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:14 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Isnt Northstar quicker than QS?? confused

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:16 PM
nimrod009
DIABOLIK!

Yes, a LOT quicker! smile

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:17 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Mungi would be very disappointed in you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:21 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

True. But it's not precog, my friend. Just the ability to see all around him, not predict it.

and my point was that precog or symbiote vision if Scott lets loose and blasts a wide swath both left and right and up and down neither will save the Venom or the Spidermansmile

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:23 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by TheKahn
Mungi would be very disappointed in you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Its not that Im confused, but if he has hit NS, why cant he hit QS?? Thats my point mad

stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:26 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Its not that Im confused, but if he has hit NS, why cant he hit QS?? Thats my point mad

stick out tongue

erm

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:27 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

So far, yes. But really, it's debatable.

For one (even before HOM), Quicksilver never pushed himself and found a limit to his speed. For all we know, he could've been faster than Norhtstar.

And two, Northstar can even go as fast as his potential allows him because it would damage and kill him if he went to his highest speed.

So, in all essence, Quicksilver is the better speedster (his body is also better adapted to the rigors of super speed than Northstar's).

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 03:48 PM