IG vs Multiversal Level of Power (+ added bonus for FF fans!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
okay, so poor urizen's lucifer thread has been completely decimated with a lot of off-topic material that has actually spilled over into a few other threads. much of the discussion has centered around the topic of the infinity gauntlet. there are competing theories related to the overall scope of its powers. so my question is simple:

do you feel the IG is multiversal in its scope, or universal? ie -- does it's power grant you control over a single continuity (ie -- 616) which would be universal scope, or can it grant its wielder control over ALL continuities and be truly multiversal in scope?

if i've misstated the basic tenets behind either theory, please feel free to correct me and clarify.

is the IG universal, or multiversal?

and for you fantastic four fans: if you've read the abraxas arc in the fanatstic four, chime in and answer this bonus question: during that arc, do you believe the ultimate nullifier destroyed then recreated the entire marvel MULTIverse? if not, what do YOU think happened?

xmarksthespot
Squirrel Girl has multiversal power. happy

Jesse7
Mr. Master has posted well written arguments with scans included as to why the IG is multiversal.

leonidas
oops, sorry x -- i ALWAYS forget about her . . . embarrasment

bigbran
i can garantee this goes off topic!!!

Soljer
So, bigbran...yeah...How's your sister?

bigbran
you know same old same old.
but does anyone think that thanos with the ig can take on an infinate being?
i think he could, but one of there hands was about to crush eternity.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by leonidas
oops, sorry x -- i ALWAYS forget about her . . . embarrasment The Beyonder is boring. The Phoenix is boring. High level cosmics are boring. I don't see why anyone gives a flying f*ck which one can destroy more universes? Who cares? They're usually poorly characterised because writers think readers are dumb enough to go "Oooh ahhh so powerful... sparkly." like stoned teenagers playing with aluminium foil. They're next to useless on these forums because there's no one to use them against. Except for other boring high level cosmics.

Squirrel Girl ftw.

Validus
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The Beyonder is boring. The Phoenix is boring. High level cosmics are boring. I don't see why anyone gives a flying f*ck which one can destroy more universes? Who cares? They usually poorly characterised because writers think readers are dumb enough to go "Oooh ahhh so powerful... sparkly." like stoned teenagers playing with aluminium foil. They're next to useless on these forums because there's no one to use them against. Except for other boring high level cosmics.

Co f'n-sign!

galan7777777
i feel the IG is only universal, as is the heart or the universe...... thats why its not called the heart of the multiverse is it?

leonidas
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The Beyonder is boring. The Phoenix is boring. High level cosmics are boring. I don't see why anyone gives a flying f*ck which one can destroy more universes? Who cares? They're usually poorly characterised because writers think readers are dumb enough to go "Oooh ahhh so powerful... sparkly." like stoned teenagers playing with aluminium foil. They're next to useless on these forums because there's no one to use them against. Except for other boring high level cosmics.

Squirrel Girl ftw.

laughing

i actually agree wholeheartedly with this. i hadn't been in a 'cosmics' debate for ages prior to this whole shebang. still, seems loads of people love the high level stuff. apparent from the overpowering of what seems EVERY marvel character lately. i'm NOT exempting dc either, but characters in general seem to be getting more and more powerful and the scope of stories seems to be growing as well. recently THE END (with thanos and hotu) to the latest ss powerup and introduction of 2 more cosmics tenebrous and aegis in annihilation.

must be SOMEONE out there who enjoys all these power-ups and all the cosmic shennanigans . . . erm

thedude1948
I think its just universal.

Also some people seem to forget (or dont know) that Marvel: The End isnt in continuity None of the The End series are. The whole HOTU thing never happened in the Marvel Universe.

All the Cosmics above Galactus are boring. All the debates boil down to Infinite power vs Infinite Power +1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.