KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » IG vs Multiversal Level of Power (+ added bonus for FF fans!)

Is the IG universal or Multiversal in power?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Universal 4 44.44%
Multiversal 5 55.56%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IG vs Multiversal Level of Power (+ added bonus for FF fans!)
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

IG vs Multiversal Level of Power (+ added bonus for FF fans!)

okay, so poor urizen's lucifer thread has been completely decimated with a lot of off-topic material that has actually spilled over into a few other threads. much of the discussion has centered around the topic of the infinity gauntlet. there are competing theories related to the overall scope of its powers. so my question is simple:

do you feel the IG is multiversal in its scope, or universal? ie -- does it's power grant you control over a single continuity (ie -- 616) which would be universal scope, or can it grant its wielder control over ALL continuities and be truly multiversal in scope?

if i've misstated the basic tenets behind either theory, please feel free to correct me and clarify.

is the IG universal, or multiversal?

and for you fantastic four fans: if you've read the abraxas arc in the fanatstic four, chime in and answer this bonus question: during that arc, do you believe the ultimate nullifier destroyed then recreated the entire marvel MULTIverse? if not, what do YOU think happened?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 01:41 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Squirrel Girl has multiversal power. happy

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 01:44 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Mr. Master has posted well written arguments with scans included as to why the IG is multiversal.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 01:52 AM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

oops, sorry x -- i ALWAYS forget about her . . . embarrasment

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 01:52 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

i can garantee this goes off topic!!!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 01:54 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

So, bigbran...yeah...How's your sister?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 01:55 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

you know same old same old.
but does anyone think that thanos with the ig can take on an infinate being?
i think he could, but one of there hands was about to crush eternity.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 01:59 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
oops, sorry x -- i ALWAYS forget about her . . . embarrasment
The Beyonder is boring. The Phoenix is boring. High level cosmics are boring. I don't see why anyone gives a flying f*ck which one can destroy more universes? Who cares? They're usually poorly characterised because writers think readers are dumb enough to go "Oooh ahhh so powerful... sparkly." like stoned teenagers playing with aluminium foil. They're next to useless on these forums because there's no one to use them against. Except for other boring high level cosmics.

Squirrel Girl ftw.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 01:59 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The Beyonder is boring. The Phoenix is boring. High level cosmics are boring. I don't see why anyone gives a flying f*ck which one can destroy more universes? Who cares? They usually poorly characterised because writers think readers are dumb enough to go "Oooh ahhh so powerful... sparkly." like stoned teenagers playing with aluminium foil. They're next to useless on these forums because there's no one to use them against. Except for other boring high level cosmics.

Co f'n-sign!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:00 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

i feel the IG is only universal, as is the heart or the universe...... thats why its not called the heart of the multiverse is it?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:07 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The Beyonder is boring. The Phoenix is boring. High level cosmics are boring. I don't see why anyone gives a flying f*ck which one can destroy more universes? Who cares? They're usually poorly characterised because writers think readers are dumb enough to go "Oooh ahhh so powerful... sparkly." like stoned teenagers playing with aluminium foil. They're next to useless on these forums because there's no one to use them against. Except for other boring high level cosmics.

Squirrel Girl ftw.

laughing

i actually agree wholeheartedly with this. i hadn't been in a 'cosmics' debate for ages prior to this whole shebang. still, seems loads of people love the high level stuff. apparent from the overpowering of what seems EVERY marvel character lately. i'm NOT exempting dc either, but characters in general seem to be getting more and more powerful and the scope of stories seems to be growing as well. recently THE END (with thanos and hotu) to the latest ss powerup and introduction of 2 more cosmics tenebrous and aegis in annihilation.

must be SOMEONE out there who enjoys all these power-ups and all the cosmic shennanigans . . . erm

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 02:27 AM
thedude1948

I think its just universal.

Also some people seem to forget (or dont know) that Marvel: The End isnt in continuity None of the The End series are. The whole HOTU thing never happened in the Marvel Universe.

All the Cosmics above Galactus are boring. All the debates boil down to Infinite power vs Infinite Power +1

Last edited by thedude1948 on Jul 28th, 2006 at 04:01 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 03:59 AM
thedude1948 is currently offline Click here to Send thedude1948 a Private Message Find more posts by thedude1948 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote