Iceman Vs. Swampthing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Thought this was a interesting and thought provoking match-up.....

What would happen if these two were hell-bent on destroying each other...for whatever reason, one has to destroy the other to save the planet from some malevolent force of destruction.

So, what happens when Marvel's mutant popsicle takes on DC's mucky earth elemental????

The two meet and face off first in the Florida everglades......and who knows from there???

ICEMAN

VS.

SWAMPTHING

H. S. 6
What's stopping Iceman from flash-freezing Swampthing?

rotiart
I saw an arguement on Swampthing having power of all of the "green" before. I didn't really understand it too well.. but supposedly... he overpowered god or something.

i'm not voting. I don't understand the full powers of either character right now... but if iceman could stop stranger...

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by H. S. 6
What's stopping Iceman from flash-freezing Swampthing?

Nothing, but wouldn't Swampthing just reform into another body that wasn't frozen over and over? Or make multiple bodies of himself to attack Bobby? Or transfer his consciousness into another form of plantlife and reform? I admit, I'm not 100% knowledgable about either of these two, that's mainly the reason for the post...to learn more about the two of them. I know a considerable amount, but I wouldn't say I know everything about either of them....but I thought this would make for a very interesting battle.

One is basically like a god with water, the other with earth....so, who is the more powerful element???? Please, discuss............

JOE NUNEZ
How long do you think any plant would survive in Antarctica?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ

My sentiments precisely. (Although, I have to say, my knowledge of Swampthing is very much limited.)

Comicbook_kid

Good Point......... wink Bring it on debaters.........................

JOE NUNEZ
I think this debate is over.

Sea King
so what Swampthing is like the Iceman of the plan world??

i have no knowladge of him just that hes green.

Grimm22
Isnt Swampthing magic? confused

Magic >>>>> Iceman wink

Adam Warlock
Swamp Thing can control a bit more than just plants.

This would be no easy fight for either opponent.

ST should take the majority though.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Grimm22
Isnt Swampthing magic? confused

Magic >>>>> Iceman wink

yes

just like cosmic>>>>>>Iceman........

confused

waitaminute.....Iceman froze STRANGER eek!

get a new reason erm

Whittdawg92
How long do you think any plant would survive in Antarctica? and how long do you think it'll take for him to transfer to another plant?

Milkie
Originally posted by Blair Wind
yes

confused

get a new reason erm

Magic is different from cosmic energy

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
and how long do you think it'll take for him to transfer to another plant?

But what if the whole area is frozen?

Whittdawg92
Originally posted by H. S. 6
But what if the whole area is frozen? bobby doesn't have that kind of power to freeze miles of land, and keep it frozen, especially in FLORIDA.

H. S. 6
bobby doesn't have that kind of power to freeze miles of land, and keep it frozen, especially in FLORIDA.

Fair enough.

I still see this as a stalemate. What can Swampthing do to Iceman? (honest question)

Whittdawg92
they techincally can't kill eachother. water and earth are 2 unstoppable elements really (wind is too

superbatman86
bobby doesn't have that kind of power to freeze miles of land, and keep it frozen, especially in FLORIDA. Uh yes he does.If he can freeze Celestial technology so it stops working then I don't think florida would be a problem.

Blair Wind
bobby doesn't have that kind of power to freeze miles of land, and keep it frozen, especially in FLORIDA.

no expression is Japan big enough? (some really big city?)

or maybe New York?
weaker version of Iceman:
http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ultimatewar04180pp.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ultimatewar04198ec.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ultimatewar04204yd.jpg

Iceman could just freeze a bunch of water vapor and cause an Ice age: the amount of water vapor in any given area is not consistent with the large stunts Bobby regularly pulls off (re: ice slides, ice walls, etc). If he were to coalesce that much water vapor in one place and freeze it, the humidity all along the Eastern Seaboard would drop dramatically, we'd have wildcat lightning storms all over the place, cats and dogs living together, it would be anarchy, you see my point
^^ explaination used to prove that Iceman can also freeze and use Dry Ice (carbon)

Froze a Celestial Ship (and that is HUGE)
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenforever5p192kj.jpg
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenforever5p208wl.jpg
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenforever5p217vf.jpghttp://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmenforever5p227kd.jpg

no expression

Plus think about it this way. He freezes the water and it would get even bigger. Plus plants have water in them (just like he froze parts of Tom)

Whittdawg92
Originally posted by superbatman86
Uh yes he does.If he can freeze Celestial technology so it stops working then I don't think florida would be a problem. Neither Swampthing nor Iceman would survive our Global Warming. they'd both lose. Game Over.

Sea King
Neither Swampthing nor Iceman would survive our Global Warming. they'd both lose. Game Over.
'
na global warming will be cancled out by nuclear winter

Whittdawg92
or the fact that global warming is a scam by some stupid government plot, but i don't wanna sound crazy sad

Inhuman
Both these guys's power is borderline ridiculous.
Crazy fight indeed.erm

Whittdawg92
agreed.

Grimm22
yes

confused

get a new reason erm

Iceman beating a cosmic is crap no expression

Whittdawg92
yep.

IceDragon
iceman owns, duh.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Grimm22
Iceman beating a cosmic is crap no expression

But it happened big grin

Rols
Iceman can freeze ST for all Eternity but he has to be there to continue the freezing point cause in an instant that ST isnt froozen anymore they would be at it again.. really there just no end to this fight.

superbatman86
But it happened big grin Twice big grin

Rols
Originally posted by superbatman86
Twice big grin

Whos the other cosmic entity he frooze.

Whittdawg92
Originally posted by Rols
Iceman can freeze ST for all Eternity but he has to be there to continue the freezing point cause in an instant that ST isnt froozen anymore they would be at it again.. really there just no end to this fight. pretty much. there's more water than land on earth, but earth always reforms with little things called seeds. anything Icey can do w/ water ST can do with plants.

superbatman86
Originally posted by Rols
Whos the other cosmic entity he frooze. Not froze but wiped the floor with.And it was Oblivion way back in the first Iceman Limeted series BEFORE the the term Omega mutant was around.He actually survived after his parents being killed in the past eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.