KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iceman Vs. Swampthing

Iceman Vs. Swampthing
Started by: Comicbook_kid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Comicbook_kid
Crom's champion

Iceman Vs. Swampthing

Thought this was a interesting and thought provoking match-up.....

What would happen if these two were hell-bent on destroying each other...for whatever reason, one has to destroy the other to save the planet from some malevolent force of destruction.

So, what happens when Marvel's mutant popsicle takes on DC's mucky earth elemental????

The two meet and face off first in the Florida everglades......and who knows from there???

ICEMAN

VS.

SWAMPTHING

Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and sigs by Beta Ray Howard.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:07 AM
Comicbook_kid is currently offline Click here to Send Comicbook_kid a Private Message Find more posts by Comicbook_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

What's stopping Iceman from flash-freezing Swampthing?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:08 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

I saw an arguement on Swampthing having power of all of the "green" before. I didn't really understand it too well.. but supposedly... he overpowered god or something.

i'm not voting. I don't understand the full powers of either character right now... but if iceman could stop stranger...

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:12 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Comicbook_kid
Crom's champion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by H. S. 6
What's stopping Iceman from flash-freezing Swampthing?

Nothing, but wouldn't Swampthing just reform into another body that wasn't frozen over and over? Or make multiple bodies of himself to attack Bobby? Or transfer his consciousness into another form of plantlife and reform? I admit, I'm not 100% knowledgable about either of these two, that's mainly the reason for the post...to learn more about the two of them. I know a considerable amount, but I wouldn't say I know everything about either of them....but I thought this would make for a very interesting battle.

One is basically like a god with water, the other with earth....so, who is the more powerful element???? Please, discuss............

Conan, what is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and sigs by Beta Ray Howard.

Last edited by Comicbook_kid on Jul 29th, 2006 at 04:16 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:14 AM
Comicbook_kid is currently offline Click here to Send Comicbook_kid a Private Message Find more posts by Comicbook_kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

How long do you think any plant would survive in Antarctica?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:16 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ

My sentiments precisely. (Although, I have to say, my knowledge of Swampthing is very much limited.)

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:19 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Comicbook_kid
Crom's champion

Good Point......... wink Bring it on debaters.........................

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:19 AM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

I think this debate is over.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:28 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

so what Swampthing is like the Iceman of the plan world??

i have no knowladge of him just that hes green.

Alan Scott Respect Tread KMC AntiMatter Corps: Yellow Dawning Sea Kings Sigs

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:33 AM
AQUA-MARINER is currently offline Click here to Send AQUA-MARINER a Private Message Find more posts by AQUA-MARINER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Isnt Swampthing magic? confused

Magic >>>>> Iceman wink

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 07:24 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Swamp Thing can control a bit more than just plants.

This would be no easy fight for either opponent.

ST should take the majority though.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 07:26 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Grimm22
Isnt Swampthing magic? confused

Magic >>>>> Iceman wink

yes

just like cosmic>>>>>>Iceman........

confused

waitaminute.....Iceman froze STRANGER eek!

get a new reason erm

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 12:36 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

and how long do you think it'll take for him to transfer to another plant?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 06:09 PM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milkie

Originally posted by Blair Wind
yes

just like cosmic>>>>>>Iceman........

confused

waitaminute.....Iceman froze STRANGER eek!

get a new reason erm

Magic is different from cosmic energy

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 06:11 PM
Milkie is currently offline Click here to Send Milkie a Private Message Find more posts by Milkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Whittdawg92
and how long do you think it'll take for him to transfer to another plant?

But what if the whole area is frozen?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 06:14 PM
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

Originally posted by H. S. 6
But what if the whole area is frozen?
bobby doesn't have that kind of power to freeze miles of land, and keep it frozen, especially in FLORIDA.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 06:15 PM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

bobby doesn't have that kind of power to freeze miles of land, and keep it frozen, especially in FLORIDA.

Fair enough.

I still see this as a stalemate. What can Swampthing do to Iceman? (honest question)

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 06:17 PM
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

they techincally can't kill eachother. water and earth are 2 unstoppable elements really (wind is too

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 06:29 PM
superbatman86

Uh yes he does.If he can freeze Celestial technology so it stops working then I don't think florida would be a problem.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 06:56 PM
superbatman86 is currently offline Click here to Send superbatman86 a Private Message Find more posts by superbatman86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

no expression is Japan big enough? (some really big city?)

or maybe New York?
weaker version of Iceman:
http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?...ewar04180pp.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?...ewar04198ec.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?...ewar04204yd.jpg

Iceman could just freeze a bunch of water vapor and cause an Ice age: the amount of water vapor in any given area is not consistent with the large stunts Bobby regularly pulls off (re: ice slides, ice walls, etc). If he were to coalesce that much water vapor in one place and freeze it, the humidity all along the Eastern Seaboard would drop dramatically, we'd have wildcat lightning storms all over the place, cats and dogs living together, it would be anarchy, you see my point
^^ explaination used to prove that Iceman can also freeze and use Dry Ice (carbon)

Froze a Celestial Ship (and that is HUGE)
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever5p192kj.jpg
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever5p208wl.jpg
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever5p227kd.jpg

no expression

Plus think about it this way. He freezes the water and it would get even bigger. Plus plants have water in them (just like he froze parts of Tom)

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 10:29 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote