How powerful is Galactus, really?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nogoodnamesleft
How powerful is Galactus compared to Odin? What about Silver Age Odin? And is Galactus weaker than Celestials, equal or superior to them? And why doesn't he get any respect? Is it just me or does almost every writer severely disrespect him? The guy has been beaten by the Fantastic Four many times. They're easily one of the weakest superhero teams in comics. If Galactus is so omnipotent, then why doesn't he just kill them or something? And how do his heralds get beaten by the FF? Aren't these the same dudes who blow up planets and stuff?

Edit: This was my first post here, BTW.

Thanos_THOTU
Well a hungry Galactus is considered to be on Pre-crisis Darkseid's level.
In normal mode, he's on skyfather level or a average Celestial.
Galactus <full power> is supose to be at Eternity's level, and the Celestial's are seen as Eternity's children.
Eternity is the universe.

Welcome.

Creshosk
You know I don't think I've ever seen him full power... sonme thing about there not being enough energy in the universe he's usally in to attain that or something...

celestialdemon
Galactus is way more powerful than Odin now. In the Silver Age, Odin was considered more powerful, though. If I'm not mistaken, Odin actually dismissed Galactus from Asgard like nothing once.

Tron
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
How powerful is Galactus compared to Odin? What about Silver Age Odin? And is Galactus weaker than Celestials, equal or superior to them? And why doesn't he get any respect? Is it just me or does almost every writer severely disrespect him? The guy has been beaten by the Fantastic Four many times. They're easily one of the weakest superhero teams in comics. If Galactus is so omnipotent, then why doesn't he just kill them or something? And how do his heralds get beaten by the FF? Aren't these the same dudes who blow up planets and stuff?

Edit: This was my first post here, BTW.

Congratulations on your first thread. Unfortunately, it's in the wrong forum.

Moving...

Priest
Galactus is deffinalty above Odin in asguard. Look what galactus did to thanos after his upgrades..Odin and thanos were evenly matched before Odin pulled out the Gugnir. Glacatus at half power is at least 5-10's stronger than odin.

At full power he should be farilly above the Celestials by a long margin. Eternity him self said at ful power Galactus is his equal.

Oh and Odin is nothing compared to a celestial. He feared them, him with all of asguard (minus Thor) animated the DESTROYER to take on the Celestials. The Destroyer had little effects on the Celestials. The Celestials then went on to punk the Destroyer.

rotiart
Galactus fubared by Reed to lose the cosmic entity that is galactus... is Galen... which is no more powerful than your average human.
Galactus extremely hungry could be about skyfather level as he was easily downed by the FF4
Galactus mildly hungry about weak abstract level (inbetweener)
Galactus full is a high level abstract.. ie ego, eon level
Galactus full and absorbed his worldship is Eternity level

AcousticDoc
Galactus needs his heralds to help move planets around so that they can create a buffet of planets for him. Only then will he be at full power. Better than hometown buffet.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Well a hungry Galactus is considered to be on Pre-crisis Darkseid's level.
In normal mode, he's on skyfather level or a average Celestial.
Galactus <full power> is supose to be at Eternity's level, and the Celestial's are seen as Eternity's children.
Eternity is the universe.

Welcome.

Actully it was said Pre-Crisis Darkseid is equal to Full powered Galactus, who was said to be at power level of Eternity.

I would say that in normal mode he's beyond skyfather level.

Darth Vicious
He got eaten by freaking zombies! 'Nuff Said

galan7777777

Edit: This was my first post here, BTW. a galactus with about 50% power could still beat odin, but a full power galactus which is supposedly above eternity could beat ALL of the celestials........and galactus always gets beaten due to his jobbing, nothing more

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
He got eaten by freaking zombies! 'Nuff Said

A Galactus from an alternate universe, a Galactus we know nothing about. We cant assume that his power level was the same as our 616 one, because alternate reality counterparts have in many a case been found to have different powers, let alone power levels.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
A Galactus from an alternate universe, a Galactus we know nothing about. We cant assume that his power level was the same as our 616 one, because alternate reality counterparts have in many a case been found to have different powers, let alone power levels.

By the same token it could've been much more powerful but we'll never know. "Our 616" dude where do u live? LOL big grin

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
By the same token it could've been much more powerful but we'll never know. "Our 616" dude where do u live? LOL big grin

Couldve been you never know. Thats why you cant make assertions about one realitys character based on anothers. Ok ok the Galactus we're accustomed to lol. You knew what i meant!! wink

superbatman86

Edit: This was my first post here, BTW. Galactus suffers form what I call the Big G factor and yes I named it after him.The Big G factor is when a character is so well known for his overwhelming power that even non-comic readers know his name that writers to make their new and ridiculously crappy new character must punk said character to show how strong their new character is.Galactus however has the ever present reason of always starving when these incounters happen so it doesn't make him look TOO bad.

Xplosive
Originally posted by galan7777777
a galactus with about 50% power could still beat odin, but a full power galactus which is supposedly above eternity could beat ALL of the celestials........and galactus always gets beaten due to his jobbing, nothing more

He is not above Eternity.
But Galactus at full power is the most powerful physical being in MU.

manorastroman
cresh is right, galactus can never reach full power. that would mean eating the entire universe.

galactus is generally considered to be below the celestials but above the cube beings.

Tshern
Originally posted by manorastroman
cresh is right, galactus can never reach full power. that would mean eating the entire universe.

galactus is generally considered to be below the celestials but above the cube beings.

Considered to be below an average Celestial? Galactus is above Celestials, at least in my opinion.

bigbran
Originally posted by Tshern
Considered to be below an average Celestial? Galactus is above Celestials, at least in my opinion. Mine too.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Tshern
Considered to be below an average Celestial? Galactus is above Celestials, at least in my opinion.
The thing is, Galactus has quite a few low showings (Thanos shooting his favorite hat off, for example).

If Thanos tried that with a Celestial...

Xplosive
Galactus power limit is beyond Celestials, but he needs to feed really well.
He seemed in shape against Tyrant.

manjaro
i think th whole mystique begind G is that he is never supposed to be at full strentgh

long pig
No, no.

Galactus is no where near the power level as Eternity or Death. He IS just as important as them, though.

Grimm22
Galactus is FAR FAR FAR more powerful than Odin or any Demi-God.

If Galactus wanted to he could eat Asagard

Endless Mike
In the fight with Tyrant he destroyed countless galaxies, and in the Black Celestial saga it was stated he could destroy the universe.

Stupid Rookie
I always thought that a "Full Powered" G meant that he had absorbed the whole universe? At that point he would be stronger than anything, including Eternity?

I see Big G as being above SkyFather level. Significantly.

the Darkone
Normal Galactus is just as powerful as the top tier Celestails One Above All, Arishem, as where if he absorbes all the power from his world ship Taa II, he would be even with Eternity. Even Eternity stated in comics trying ti find it, but still he said Galactus at full potentail can be my equal, if it's comes from Eternity that pretty much seals the deal how powerful Galactus can be.

PraetorianStalk
Some important things to remember about Galactus is that he is a fource of nature/reality and merely does what he must to survive and play his role in maintaining the existence of the universe. He doesn't seek after higher levels of power normally, because that's not necessary for him. He feeds on enough planets to maintain his power and keep Abraxas in check, no more and no less. However, given forewarning for a battle that would threaten him and thus the Universe, it would be likely that he feed heavily. Also, remember that back in Secret Wars (pre-ret) Doom, through trickery and subtly steals the power Galactus was supposed to receive from consuming his entire worldship, a ship the size of the solar system, ship that Reed Richards thought might be the greatest single source of energy in the Universe. Doom, with this level of power was strong enough to assault a pre-retcon beyonder in his own realm and then use a trick to steal his power. I would say thats stinking powerful.

AsbestosFlaygon
He's in the Top 10, if not the Top 5, strongest Abstracts in the current Marvel Omniverse.

Omega Vision
He's like the Spectre, he's as powerful or weak as the current plot demands.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
He's like the Spectre, he's as powerful or weak as the current plot demands. when has he been shown as powerful? he's been shown quite weak most of the times

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Starscream M
when has he been shown as powerful? he's been shown quite weak most of the times
Which one? Galactus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.