KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » How powerful is Galactus, really?

How powerful is Galactus, really?
Started by: Nogoodnamesleft

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nogoodnamesleft
Restricted

Account Restricted

How powerful is Galactus, really?

How powerful is Galactus compared to Odin? What about Silver Age Odin? And is Galactus weaker than Celestials, equal or superior to them? And why doesn't he get any respect? Is it just me or does almost every writer severely disrespect him? The guy has been beaten by the Fantastic Four many times. They're easily one of the weakest superhero teams in comics. If Galactus is so omnipotent, then why doesn't he just kill them or something? And how do his heralds get beaten by the FF? Aren't these the same dudes who blow up planets and stuff?

Edit: This was my first post here, BTW.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 04:53 AM
Nogoodnamesleft is currently offline Click here to Send Nogoodnamesleft a Private Message Find more posts by Nogoodnamesleft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Well a hungry Galactus is considered to be on Pre-crisis Darkseid's level.
In normal mode, he's on skyfather level or a average Celestial.
Galactus <full power> is supose to be at Eternity's level, and the Celestial's are seen as Eternity's children.
Eternity is the universe.

Welcome.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 04:57 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

You know I don't think I've ever seen him full power... sonme thing about there not being enough energy in the universe he's usally in to attain that or something...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 05:02 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Galactus is way more powerful than Odin now. In the Silver Age, Odin was considered more powerful, though. If I'm not mistaken, Odin actually dismissed Galactus from Asgard like nothing once.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 05:03 AM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
How powerful is Galactus compared to Odin? What about Silver Age Odin? And is Galactus weaker than Celestials, equal or superior to them? And why doesn't he get any respect? Is it just me or does almost every writer severely disrespect him? The guy has been beaten by the Fantastic Four many times. They're easily one of the weakest superhero teams in comics. If Galactus is so omnipotent, then why doesn't he just kill them or something? And how do his heralds get beaten by the FF? Aren't these the same dudes who blow up planets and stuff?

Congratulations on your first thread. Unfortunately, it's in the wrong forum.

Moving...

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 05:04 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Galactus is deffinalty above Odin in asguard. Look what galactus did to thanos after his upgrades..Odin and thanos were evenly matched before Odin pulled out the Gugnir. Glacatus at half power is at least 5-10's stronger than odin.

At full power he should be farilly above the Celestials by a long margin. Eternity him self said at ful power Galactus is his equal.

Oh and Odin is nothing compared to a celestial. He feared them, him with all of asguard (minus Thor) animated the DESTROYER to take on the Celestials. The Destroyer had little effects on the Celestials. The Celestials then went on to punk the Destroyer.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 05:28 AM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Galactus fubared by Reed to lose the cosmic entity that is galactus... is Galen... which is no more powerful than your average human.
Galactus extremely hungry could be about skyfather level as he was easily downed by the FF4
Galactus mildly hungry about weak abstract level (inbetweener)
Galactus full is a high level abstract.. ie ego, eon level
Galactus full and absorbed his worldship is Eternity level

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 05:56 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcousticDoc

Galactus needs his heralds to help move planets around so that they can create a buffet of planets for him. Only then will he be at full power. Better than hometown buffet.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 10:08 AM
AcousticDoc is currently offline Click here to Send AcousticDoc a Private Message Find more posts by AcousticDoc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Well a hungry Galactus is considered to be on Pre-crisis Darkseid's level.
In normal mode, he's on skyfather level or a average Celestial.
Galactus <full power> is supose to be at Eternity's level, and the Celestial's are seen as Eternity's children.
Eternity is the universe.

Welcome.

Actully it was said Pre-Crisis Darkseid is equal to Full powered Galactus, who was said to be at power level of Eternity.

I would say that in normal mode he's beyond skyfather level.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 12:40 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

He got eaten by freaking zombies! 'Nuff Said

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 03:33 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: How powerful is Galactus, really?

a galactus with about 50% power could still beat odin, but a full power galactus which is supposedly above eternity could beat ALL of the celestials........and galactus always gets beaten due to his jobbing, nothing more

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 03:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
He got eaten by freaking zombies! 'Nuff Said

A Galactus from an alternate universe, a Galactus we know nothing about. We cant assume that his power level was the same as our 616 one, because alternate reality counterparts have in many a case been found to have different powers, let alone power levels.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 05:42 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
A Galactus from an alternate universe, a Galactus we know nothing about. We cant assume that his power level was the same as our 616 one, because alternate reality counterparts have in many a case been found to have different powers, let alone power levels.

By the same token it could've been much more powerful but we'll never know. "Our 616" dude where do u live? LOL big grin

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 06:07 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
By the same token it could've been much more powerful but we'll never know. "Our 616" dude where do u live? LOL big grin

Couldve been you never know. Thats why you cant make assertions about one realitys character based on anothers. Ok ok the Galactus we're accustomed to lol. You knew what i meant!! wink

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 06:09 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superbatman86

Re: How powerful is Galactus, really?

Galactus suffers form what I call the Big G factor and yes I named it after him.The Big G factor is when a character is so well known for his overwhelming power that even non-comic readers know his name that writers to make their new and ridiculously crappy new character must punk said character to show how strong their new character is.Galactus however has the ever present reason of always starving when these incounters happen so it doesn't make him look TOO bad.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 02:50 AM
superbatman86 is currently offline Click here to Send superbatman86 a Private Message Find more posts by superbatman86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: How powerful is Galactus, really?

Originally posted by galan7777777
a galactus with about 50% power could still beat odin, but a full power galactus which is supposedly above eternity could beat ALL of the celestials........and galactus always gets beaten due to his jobbing, nothing more

He is not above Eternity.
But Galactus at full power is the most powerful physical being in MU.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 10:27 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

cresh is right, galactus can never reach full power. that would mean eating the entire universe.

galactus is generally considered to be below the celestials but above the cube beings.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 11:36 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tshern
Protein-man

Originally posted by manorastroman
cresh is right, galactus can never reach full power. that would mean eating the entire universe.

galactus is generally considered to be below the celestials but above the cube beings.

Considered to be below an average Celestial? Galactus is above Celestials, at least in my opinion.

Respect_Popeye

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 11:45 AM
Tshern is currently offline Click here to Send Tshern a Private Message Find more posts by Tshern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Tshern
Considered to be below an average Celestial? Galactus is above Celestials, at least in my opinion.
Mine too.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 11:51 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by Tshern

The thing is, Galactus has quite a few low showings (Thanos shooting his favorite hat off, for example).

If Thanos tried that with a Celestial...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 03:12 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote