Orion vs. Genis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
????????

JOE NUNEZ
So whos a bigger galactic bad ass???????

Blair Wind
Im going to take this as an opportinuty to learn more about Genis...I always hear how powerful he is and blah blah blah, but what can he actually do? Ill make time later to look at his respect thread...but....yea...smile

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Im going to take this as an opportinuty to learn more about Genis...I always hear how powerful he is and blah blah blah, but what can he actually do? Ill make time later to look at his respect thread...but....yea...smile You know , i dont know much about Red Tornado.. big grin

Blair Wind
ask draco....I just like pretty pictures stick out tongue

draxx_tOfU
if this is photon, complete curbstomp in favor of photon...astroforce, he simply shunts it...

he also killed entropy...

entropy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>orion

Jesse7
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
if this is photon, complete curbstomp in favor of photon...astroforce, he simply shunts it...

he also killed entropy...

entropy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>orion

Photon isn't shunting the source -_-

Photon couldn't even shunt Sentry

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by Jesse7
Photon isn't shunting the source -_-

Photon couldn't even shunt Sentry Let me guess, your a DC lover... big grin

Validus
Genis can't shunt things that aren't native to the 616 universe. See the issue where he fought Hyperion.

That said, he can probably take Orion.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Validus
Genis can't shunt things that aren't native to the 616 universe. See the issue where he fought Hyperion.

That said, he can probably take Orion.

How? Hes a high level energy user/manipulator right?

mighty adam
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
Let me guess, your a DC lover... big grin yes he is.

Validus
Originally posted by Blair Wind
How? Hes a high level energy user/manipulator right?
How what?

mighty adam
genis a like orion i stay backing him up but genis is a beast he can take orion in some many ways its not even funny.

Jesse7
I'm not disagree that Genis takes the majority here (as photon), all I said was that he won't be shunting the source as Validus explained why.

Blair Wind
How what?

How does he win....?

Im just trying to get a feel for what the character can actually do erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
Let's hope mother box doesn't keep healing Orion wounds and Orion doesn't charge himself directly with the asto force. Then it might not be such an easy victory for genis. I wonder what would happen if Orion were to fight in his natural state. Not depowered by the boom tube.

Jesse7
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Let's hope mother box doesn't keep healing Orion wounds and Orion doesn't charge himself directly with the asto force. Then it might not be such an easy victory for genis. I wonder what would happen if Orion were to fight in his natural state. Not depowered by the boom tube.

Did you ever read the superman comics in which supes went through a boom tube and saw the new gods in their true forms? Imagine Orion like that but even stronger since he is prophesied to succeed Darkseid and become the most powerful of the newgods, as the Astro Force is to replace the OE.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Did you ever read the superman comics in which supes went through a boom tube and saw the new gods in their true forms? Imagine Orion like that but even stronger since he is prophesied to succeed Darkseid and become the most powerful of the newgods, as the Astro Force is to replace the OE.

That is what I'm talking about. people talk about the new Gods and don't even know the real deal. The New Gods can hold Galaxies in thier hands. The boom tubes depower them and make them smaller so that they dont destroy all of creation while visiting. I read the same thing in Jack Kirby's Fourth World. I was heavy into that . I know that the very least of the New Gods is said to be stronger than any sky father of other pantheons. That is one reason Darksied sends avatars. He woudl anger the source if he just trounced all about creation messing up stuff. People really have no Idea.

Jesse7
That is what I'm talking about. people talk about the new Gods and don't even know the real deal. The New Gods can hold Galaxies in thier hands. The boom tubes depower them and make them smaller so that they dont destroy all of creation while visiting. I read the same thing in Jack Kirby's Fourth World. I was heavy into that . I know that the very least of the New Gods is said to be stronger than any sky father of other pantheons. That is one reason Darksied sends avatars. He woudl anger the source if he just trounced all about creation messing up stuff. People really have no Idea.

I agree, some people seem to underestimate the new gods, Darkseid, and orion as if they were just skyfathers, when in fact they are much much more powerful and grand in scope then that.

But regardless of powers, I find their story very interesting, visiting creation as people walking through a new land to see how it as grown, taking on smaller vesseles so they wont destroy or disrupt creation.

Rols
When the heck was this explained... Ive had most of their comics/ appearances, but never came across w/ this explanation...

nvrbeenwthagirl
I agree, some people seem to underestimate the new gods, Darkseid, and orion as if they were just skyfathers, when in fact they are much much more powerful and grand in scope then that.

But regardless of powers, I find their story very interesting, visiting creation as people walking through a new land to see how it as grown, taking on smaller vesseles so they wont destroy or disrupt creation.

Yeah, I could totally get into that. Unlike some other cosmic beings who go where ever they want and just eat planets and destroy galaxies. And try and host human bodies and kill galaxies and all of her teamates. The New Gods, even the evil ones, don't have nervous breakdowns, or suffer from malnutrition and are Hungry every three minutes. The new Gods dont' set themselves up to win just to fail. They are so cool. smile

Rols
Originally posted by Rols
When the heck was this explained... Ive had most of their comics/ appearances, but never came across w/ this explanation...
bump...

nvrbeenwthagirl
bump...

Since I dont have a scanner I can't post it. But I do have the comic and I have to look thru my stuff in the basement to get it. But here is the link. It explains the very thing we are talking about.

Look in the Trivia section.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Gods

nvrbeenwthagirl
Also look at this link. It explains more why the New Gods really are more powerful than any sky father.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boom_Tube

Rols
As i was saying ive got most of there comics/appearances but its has never been stated that each one contains power to destroy Galaxy or boomtubed depowering them down.. this is why i ask the question..

Darth Vegas
I gotta go with Genis on this one.

nvrbeenwthagirl
As i was saying ive got most of there comics/appearances but its has never been stated that each one contains power to destroy Galaxy or boomtubed depowering them down.. this is why i ask the question..

Some years ago, I used to buy every single comic ever. Like 200 bucks aweek. I read so many comics my brain hurts. Sometimes I can't even remember where I have read everthing I have. But I knew I read somewhere that the boom tubes depoweed the new gods, who were in fact, the size of the infinites. And then I read somewhere were Darksied told Wonder Woman, that her gods had a very small piece of the power that was the new gods. But he wanted it all. And then highfather made the statement that the new Gods are each and every one more powerful than entire pantheon. His words " the very least of new geneisis is more than the most powerful of any other gods.". In thier true Forms, The new Gods are like the promethyan Giants stuck in the source wall. Infinite and all powerful and Huge. WHen they showed superman how the universe looks to them, he was awed. He could literally pick up the earth as if it were a grain of sand.

bigbran
Some years ago, I used to buy every single comic ever. Like 200 bucks aweek. I read so many comics my brain hurts. Sometimes I can't even remember where I have read everthing I have. But I knew I read somewhere that the boom tubes depoweed the new gods, who were in fact, the size of the infinites. And then I read somewhere were Darksied told Wonder Woman, that her gods had a very small piece of the power that was the new gods. But he wanted it all. And then highfather made the statement that the new Gods are each and every one more powerful than entire pantheon. His words " the very least of new geneisis is more than the most powerful of any other gods.". In thier true Forms, The new Gods are like the promethyan Giants stuck in the source wall. Infinite and all powerful and Huge. WHen they showed superman how the universe looks to them, he was awed. He could literally pick up the earth as if it were a grain of sand. Wait! Do you even know how big, an Infinate is?

sexyking
Yeah, I could totally get into that. Unlike some other cosmic beings who go where ever they want and just eat planets and destroy galaxies. And try and host human bodies and kill galaxies and all of her teamates. The New Gods, even the evil ones, don't have nervous breakdowns, or suffer from malnutrition and are Hungry every three minutes. The new Gods dont' set themselves up to win just to fail. They are so cool. smile laughing out loud

Genis wins if its not orions true form.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by bigbran
Wait! Do you even know how big, an Infinate is?

Like I said, To the true form of the New Gods, Earth looks like a grain of sand.

UniOmni

Incorrect my friend.
The New Gods are like the Asgardians, in the sense that in their natural realms, they are bigger.
IIRC, Thor in Asgard is supposed to be like 7+ or some such.
Most New Gods are like 300 feet in their natural forms.
The largest ones, will be Darkseid, Orion and Grayven, i believe, since they are directly descended from the Promethian Giants.
Now those are some big sumbitches.
Orion in his true form can hold Earth in his hand.
Darkseid will be even larger than that.
And the Promethian Giants are even smaller than the Old Gods, to which Apok is like an Atom.

Orion = 25% PG= Big bastard
Darkseid = 50% PG = An even bigger bastard.

But for this battle, Orion should win imo.
There should be some things that even master energy manipulators can't touch.
Like if Surfer/Blue Superman fought Darkseid, i'd be pissed if he grabbed control of the OE, since its the energy of the antisource itself. Too high on the food chain.

Orion 7/10

UniOmni

Incorrect.
The New Gods, like the Asgardians Kirby created before them, are smaller when they leave their natural plane.
IIRC, Thor is really 7+ in height. And Odin, even bigger.
The majority of the New Gods are gonna be like 300 feet and around there in height.
The New Gods with direct Promethian Giant in them, like Darkseid, Orion and i believe Grayven, would be much larger.
But nowhere near large enough to hold galaxies in their hands.
If that was the case, then Darkseid wouldn't be able to have 2 or 3 PGs on Apok at any given time.
Since Apok is galactic in size.

Orion in his natural form = Big enough to hold earth in his hand 25% PG
Darksied in true form = Even bigger than his son, probably twice as big 50% PG
Highfather i forget, since i don't recall how much, if any PG he has in him.

But they aren't holding Galaxies in their hands. Maybe solar systems.

But i will say one thing.
The New Gods don't fit into the DCU proper.
They aren't superheroes, but concepts in the flesh.
And for their best stories, imo, death and other heavy thoughts must be allowed.
And in a superhero universe like DC, where death is a line heroes won't cross??
Stifling.
I'd love to write them.

Oops, double post

Validus
Yeah, they can't hold galaxies in their hand. Apokalips and New Genesis are both the size of a galaxy themselves. There was one comic where a planet sized object was falling towards Apokalips and looked like a small rock in comparison.

Also why Orion destroying 1/3 of the planet was so impressive.

UniOmni
Yeah, they can't hold galaxies in their hand. Apokalips and New Genesis are both the size of a galaxy themselves. There was one comic where a planet sized object was falling towards Apokalips and looked like a small rock in comparison.

Also why Orion destroying 1/3 of the planet was so impressive.

True.
I did the math, as best i could and it amounted to countless solar systems destroyed.
He really is, imo, the most powerful hero DC has.

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni
True.
I did the math, as best i could and it amounted to countless solar systems destroyed.
He really is, imo, the most powerful hero DC has. Orion is definately up there.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Juntai
Orion is definately up there. Juntai, do you know the name of the series where Darkseid battles the ALE beast?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.