Multiplayer On-line over Single Player. Which do you prefer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Car Guru
Latly I have been playing games online and I have come to the conclusion that all single player games are crap. I know that the single player games are good in that they have more things to do like missins or objectives to get, but online multiplayer games have so much more. You can play against your friends in a death match situation, you can roleplay with friends, for games like GTA: SA you can go onto racing servers and race against your friends or you can go onto stunt servers. As you can see, all of these you can play against/with your friends which helps to resolve any arguments over who is the best guns man or who is the best driver.

Out of all of these, my personal favourite is roleplaying. You can create your own character, there are no limits on what you can do (other than game controls and movements) and you can basically be who ever you want to be. I roleplay on GTA: SA, an almost perfect game to roleplay on. I play a business man who owns a gas sation, also a bodyguard, a cop and an ex-military person in a mercinary group. On the server, you can go into clubs, buy gas, join a mafia or streetgang, or start anything you want: a fight, a riot, a organization, a company, anything. Ont he server I play on, you can also gain ownership of properties and have any interior programed into that property, with your own vehicle spawns out the front of what ever vehicle you would like, wether it be a monster truck, a scooter, a sports car, anything form the game.

The features are endless, just like you think this comment is, and I could spend all night listing them all and explaining them, but instead, I will let you find out for yourself. The server I play on is:
http://papaebauns.flat-networks.com/forums/index.php. It has all the things you need to know about the server if you look or ask and it has everything you need to get started on roleplaying (but only for GTA: SA). The only thing you cant get from here is the game.

SaTsuJiN
multiplayer

BackFire
I enjoy both equally.

MadMel
depends on the game...but i think i play multiplayer 65-70% more than single player..

Blanka
Originally posted by MadMel
depends on the game...but i think i play multiplayer 65-70% more than single player..

i agree

Lana
Single-player games. I find MMOs to be pretty much boring and pointless.

MadMel
i dont think he meant MMO's just games you can play online in general, like halo2 online...

MadMel
(EDIT)

Lana
Those I don't see the point in, really, either.

MadMel
stupid double post..anyway...

H. S. 6
Multiplayer's where it's at.

What else are you going to do after you've been the campaign of a single player game?

Multiplayer lasts forever.

MadMel
thats true

Smasandian
Too me, single player give me more intense feeling than multiplayer games.
A game like FEAR was more exicting, scary, more intense and alot more enjoyable than multiplayer will ever have.

I love multiplayer too, but its provides more of an competive feeling than singleplayer.

Out of all, I get bored of multiplayer very early unless it has something unique to it. On the other hand, i dont with singleplayers.

Overall, I both enjoy equally, it pretty much depends on what mood I'm in.

crazy_shadow
my likes and dislikes :

Singleplayer : Games that are scary (doom3, FEAR, silent hill) wouldn't be any good at all on multiplayer, which is why i would vote for single player on that part. Same with games like Spore, which im happy it's single player. reason im happy for that is so if you are a fresh new beginner, you wont have ur world blown up 5 minutes, after u build it, by another player.

Multiplayer : Games that can be beaten soon(Like Diablo2, Battlefield, and Full Auto), need a multiplayer effect. especially Full Auto because that game can get old FAST on single player, but multiplayer u can laugh and go "OOOOH" online through the headset. Diablo2..if it did not have the multiplayer effect, i swear i would not have been addicted to it for 3 years straight.

So I like both, it just has to depend on the reason the game was made...to be scary, RPG, FPS, etc.

MadMel
thats also true, except for the diablo 2 being able to be beaten soon part....are you nuts!!!! i cant get past act 2 without multi player help..

crazy_shadow
thats also true, except for the diablo 2 being able to be beaten soon part....are you nuts!!!! i cant get past act 2 without multi player help.. lol, i beat the entire game by myself... smile

MadMel
showoff laughing out loud

El_NINO
Multiplayer because it creates that unexpected event that sometimes is very funny

MadMel
yes...for example, i was playing an online game of star wars bf2 on a clan server when some idiot comes and trys to advertise his clan and bring them in...then he started going fanboyish and took us all on in a tag game (if your sniped, ur it)...he left pretty quickly, probably because the idiot didnt realise he had only one spawn point...
very random...

Darth Kreiger
Single Player, unless I know the people I'm playing with, I really hate playing with em, I always end up with a bunch of a****les/noobs/exploiters when I play, and then MMO's, you're too reliant on other people(WoW is such a pain in the ass with bad Healers, and hour long spams of Ironforge) but when you play with good people, Multiplayer usually tops it.

MadMel
i was lucky in finding the clan im in now....aussie only clan big grin...

The Vice King
I like both, but in recent years it's been all about the mutliplayer for me. I have to admit that ever since xbox live came out, I haven't really played a game's story mode. But since the 360 came out, I have made more of an effort to get back to the single player mode.

AstroFan
Single player, no multiplayer game can match the experience of amazing single player games like Ocarina of Time.

EDIT: And in multiplayer games, especially online, people will always find a way to cheat and make things unfair.

Lumanix
Originally posted by Lana
Single-player games. I find MMOs to be pretty much boring and pointless.

MadMel
Originally posted by AstroFan
And in multiplayer games, especially online, people will always find a way to cheat and make things unfair.
that has only ever happened to me once....and he got owned badly...

Burning thought
Singleplayer: Fear, Doom, Quake, Spore, all awsome games that could be spoilt by multiplayer

Online: however IMO few games are as involving with as much content and things to do as WoW, also i like playing with friends so i dont feel lonely just sitting at home playing on my own and gettin bored. MMO games are mostly cool, Diablo i played online for a few months before i found out that the class of character i was trying to play could never win against either Sorc or FOTH and hammerdins, which was pretty unbalanced, them three are basically unstopable, unless Ofc you have all the best gear in the game in which case someone with inferior gear would not be able to survive big grin

IceJaw
Originally posted by Smasandian
Too me, single player give me more intense feeling than multiplayer games.
A game like FEAR was more exicting, scary, more intense and alot more enjoyable than multiplayer will ever have.

I love multiplayer too, but its provides more of an competive feeling than singleplayer.

Out of all, I get bored of multiplayer very early unless it has something unique to it. On the other hand, i dont with singleplayers.

Overall, I both enjoy equally, it pretty much depends on what mood I'm in.

MadMel
spore is single player only anyway BT..

Kryzula
Single Player for me...

~ Kryzula

SaTsuJiN
being able to share a fun experience with friends is really too good to pass up for me, in favor of a single player story mode type setting... unless its a scary game.. then single player :P (I think multi would take the scare factor out, unless you both started off in two different areas and couldnt communicate til you were in close proximity)

Burning thought
spore is single player only anyway BT..

i know, but i said it would be spoilt if it was multiplayer

The Vice King
that has only ever happened to me once....and he got owned badly...
Man, I wish I could say that. I meet so many cheaters it's not even funny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.