Link vs. Samus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tallis
Past vs. Future

Both have every single item, weapon, mask, suit, magic, from every single game they've been in.

Except any healing items, or revive items.

The battle takes place in Present NYC. And the city is empty. Blood lust is on.

for motivational purposes: Samus finds out that the one who truely destroyed her home and everyone she loved was Link. And Vice-verse.

to war.

Superboy Prime
Every single item, weapon etc?

Link wields the Tri-Force and wishes Samus be erased from existence.

Link 10/10.

Superboy Prime
Better yet has her become his slave.

IceJaw
laughing laughing

Swe_Bum
Samus 100/10

The-Judge
link. samus would be a good opponent, but link takes this.

kamikz
Yeah, what Superboy said. If not, then he still has around 20 fairys, invinsibility, giants mask, invisibility, etc. While being a giant, his sword is as big as him, and that sword can almost cut through anything. Although it would not swipe through her suit, a thing, no matter what, that size, would cause damage.

Also, if he drinks the blue milk chateau (however it's spelled) from MM, then equips the invincibility from WW, then he has unlimited magic, which will make him invincible in unlimited time....

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Tallis
Past vs. Future

Both have every single item, weapon, mask, suit, magic, from every single game they've been in.

Except any healing items, or revive items.

The battle takes place in Present NYC. And the city is empty. Blood lust is on.

for motivational purposes: Samus finds out that the one who truely destroyed her home and everyone she loved was Link. And Vice-verse.

to war.

you know you're in trouble as soon as the samus fanboys see this no expression

Swe_Bum
No Ferries and healing DUH!

And if we count ALL Metroid games, that Would be a HELL lots of energy tanks and P-ups!

kamikz
Well still, how does that matter, since Link can be invincible for days and days and days... (So on)

And aren't the energy tanks just a way to make the gameplay easier? I mean, it would be near impossible without it. Like Link's heart containers...

(Ops, didn't see the healing thing). Well he can still be invinsible, which is the main part. And the triforce part pretty much tops it...

An example....
Link turns invinsible, then puts on the stone mask. He is not invisible, but instead he is exactly as the terrain around him. Like a rock, a rat, or the ground. (Like the soldier who you got the mask from). Heat vision won't find him in that state, since she would not mind a rock or the ground... :/

Himo
Why can't people just do the fights the right way? Having Link with EVERY SINGLE ITEM is grossly unfair. I'm sure God would have a problem killnig him.

MetaHybrid
Originally posted by kamikz
Well still, how does that matter, since Link can be invincible for days and days and days... (So on)

And aren't the energy tanks just a way to make the gameplay easier? I mean, it would be near impossible without it. Like Link's heart containers...

(Ops, didn't see the healing thing). Well he can still be invinsible, which is the main part. And the triforce part pretty much tops it...

An example....
Link turns invinsible, then puts on the stone mask. He is not invisible, but instead he is exactly as the terrain around him. Like a rock, a rat, or the ground. (Like the soldier who you got the mask from). Heat vision won't find him in that state, since she would not mind a rock or the ground... :/

I'm pretty sure Samus's thermal visor will see detect him even if he is invisable since he would still give of heat. The Stone mask won't help him. Without his magic barriers that make him invincible, or the Tri-Force, Samus could win.

EDIT: Who am I Kidding?! Link could just use Quake and transform Samus into a turnip, unless it won't work against her.

dark99
Link just has too many gadgets to use... he would need one helluva a backpack to carry all his stuff though... to win he could get unlimited magic and just use nayru's love constantly... instant invincibility.... not to mention the fierce deity's mask turns him into well... a God...

kamikz
Originally posted by MetaHybrid
I'm pretty sure Samus's thermal visor will see detect him even if he is invisable since he would still give of heat. The Stone mask won't help him. Without his magic barriers that make him invincible, or the Tri-Force, Samus could win.

EDIT: Who am I Kidding?! Link could just use Quake and transform Samus into a turnip, unless it won't work against her.

Well you see, there is the thing. As I explained, he is not turning invisible, but shaping himself into the terrain. Looking at him would be like looking with heat vision at a rock, no change, nothing to show him being Link and not the rock....

Himo
Well you see, there is the thing. As I explained, he is not turning invisible, but shaping himself into the terrain. Looking at him would be like looking with heat vision at a rock, no change, nothing to show him being Link and not the rock....

He'd still give off heat. He's not turning into a non-living being by adapting to the environment.

dark99
no but the mask is magic... it is projecting an aura around link that makes him mimic the surrounding area... as in if there was no heat there in the first place there would be none when link was standing there...

MetaHybrid
Originally posted by dark99
no but the mask is magic... it is projecting an aura around link that makes him mimic the surrounding area... as in if there was no heat there in the first place there would be none when link was standing there...

I strongly disagree with this. Link is going to give off heat and make noise, and wearing the mask doesn't change that. The Stone mask could fool Samus, but it's not going to fool her thermal and Echo visors.

dark99
I think it like if he had a lead wall around him that mimicked the surrounding area... as in no rays could penetrate through the magic screen... it just seems that way to me at least... of course the echo visor will still sense the motion so she can detect him with that...

Kayne Archeron
well, seeing as link has never had the WHOLE triforce at one time, that item doesn't exactly count

MadMel
also, once samus has found link with the echo visor, i doubt any ammount of masks or magic (except maybe nayru's love, except i doubt that is allowed) can stop link from being obliterated by samus' sonic boom..

kamikz
I think it like if he had a lead wall around him that mimicked the surrounding area... as in no rays could penetrate through the magic screen... it just seems that way to me at least... of course the echo visor will still sense the motion so she can detect him with that...

Absolutley right. For example...

The guard having the stone mask, was standing inside a ring of rocks. If you walk inside that ring, there is no one there, meaning you don't bounce into anyone when you run through. You can stand at his spot and he is still not there, like you went right through him.
However, when using the Lens of Truth, you can see him. The Lens of Truth shows the truth, meaning that if a ghost is invisible, you see him as he is, and if a man wears a mask you will see the bearer of the mask....

And Link does turn into the enviroment. Go to Gerudo Fortress, then into the main building. There are two guards there. If you stand in front of them and try to run through, they will comment "what is that rat doing here, toss it out". Link takes the form of the enviroment, and since this was inside a building there was nothing else but a rat to turn into...

MetaHybrid
Link got the whole Tri-Force in the end of "Link to the past" You didn't really use it as a item, it was just part of the story, and he used it to restore peace to Hyrule. I also think Link couldn't survive the Sonic boom, or even her Hyper beam from "Super Metroid"

kamikz
Since nothing can wound him with his invincible magics, why not? And just because Link used the full triforce for another cause in Link to the past, doesn't mean he can't use it for another in this.

Swe_Bum
Sonic boom = Pwned Link

kamikz
You don't even listen do you?

Himo
Absolutley right. For example...

The guard having the stone mask, was standing inside a ring of rocks. If you walk inside that ring, there is no one there, meaning you don't bounce into anyone when you run through. You can stand at his spot and he is still not there, like you went right through him.
However, when using the Lens of Truth, you can see him. The Lens of Truth shows the truth, meaning that if a ghost is invisible, you see him as he is, and if a man wears a mask you will see the bearer of the mask....

And Link does turn into the enviroment. Go to Gerudo Fortress, then into the main building. There are two guards there. If you stand in front of them and try to run through, they will comment "what is that rat doing here, toss it out". Link takes the form of the enviroment, and since this was inside a building there was nothing else but a rat to turn into...

Doesn't matter. He doesn't turn into a NON-LIVING THING. If he's still alive, he gives off heat.

kamikz
Yes, yes he does. However, his heat won't give his position away, since I doubt she would shoot a rock or a rat just because she has heat vision on....

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
well, seeing as link has never had the WHOLE triforce at one time, that item doesn't exactly count

Did you forget when he used the entire Triforce in the end of Link to the past to wish every back to normal? That counts an item, don't you think?

MetaHybrid
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Did you forget when he used the entire Triforce in the end of Link to the past to wish every back to normal? That counts an item, don't you think?

You don't get to use the TriForce at all, so I don't think it would count as something that Link could bring to this battle.

Tallis
Triforce doesn't count in this battle.

dark99
so then shouldn't the hyper beam not count either...

MetaHybrid
so then shouldn't the hyper beam not count either...

It was a powerup that she got at the very end in the game, you were able to use it on Mother Brain so it would count. The TriForce is not an item you can use, so it doesn't count.

dark99
that's pretty cheap... Samus only got to use it for one thing and then it counts for her but link can't get the triforce even though he used it once as well...

MetaHybrid
that's pretty cheap... Samus only got to use it for one thing and then it counts for her but link can't get the triforce even though he used it once as well...

It's like the silver arrows Link got in LTTP. They were needed to beat Ganon and were only found at the very end of the game, which is exactly how Samus's Hyper and Omega Beam work.

If the TriForce counts then Samus get the "Super Metroid ", cause she captured it at the end of Metroid II. The Metroid will drain all of Link's life and he'll end up nothing more then a pile of sand. Samus will also get the "Trilobite Space pirate fighter " since she stole one at the end of Zero Mission. Now I doubt Link's primitive weapons could scratch the paint off of it, not to mention the ship also has Hyperdrive, and one shot from it's canon would vaporize Link.

dark99
Then link can get majora's mask and crash planets into her...

MetaHybrid
Then link can get majora's mask and crash planets into her...

Link never gets Majora's Mask, and even if he did, all the powers left it when he defeated Majora's Wrath. Also I doubt he could use it to crash a planet into her, seeing how it took the moon three days to fall a small distance. :/

EDIT: He might have got it, but the powers vanished anyway. I always thought the Happy Mask Salesman just picked it up from the ground

dark99
Well he still has the giant's mask and fierce diety's mask... plus he could just use nayru's love and a potion to have infinite magic... now he can't get hurt...

MetaHybrid
Well he still has the giant's mask and fierce diety's mask... plus he could just use nayru's love and a potion to have infinite magic... now he can't get hurt...

Now Link probably wins, but only because he has that abilty. He HAS to hide behind magical barriers, and also drink Chateau Romani to keep up the barriers with infinite magic. Although Nayru's love is a poor choice since it has to be recast now and then, so it would be better to go with another Magical barriers such as the "Magic Cape" or the "Cane of Byrna". With that Samus probably has no way of hurting Link.

Of course I can always say that the Chateau Romani heals you and is therefore not allowed in this Match up. But that's up for Tallis to decide.

MadMel
nayru's love+infinite magic=cheap...there is nothing that prevents samus from taking damage the same way

Decay
im not sure of links full abilities but being invisible would save him. samus has her thermal vision so as soon as he disappears shed use it, notice a hot spot that shouldnt be there, cross refrence with with the echo visor to check for any signs of breathing, heart bead and whatever else. besides, she has unlimited ammo with most of her weapons, who says she wouldnt shoot at a rock if it showed up?

if link disappears from sight and something showed up with a heat sign shed either investigate further or fire a few shots at it. new york is pretty big and shes a hunter, not just a fighter so if she can escape from him and hide she can try and ambush him or pick him off at a distance. but like i said i really couldnt call it because i dont know enough about link.

dark99
Originally posted by MadMel
nayru's love+infinite magic=cheap...there is nothing that prevents samus from taking damage the same way

saums getting hyper beam+link not getting triforce=cheap...

Swe_Bum
Samus Can use the Space Federation roll eyes (sarcastic)

The-Judge
link can reflect her attacks with the mirror shield and take on the giant mask. his skin is way too hardto get hurt by samus then. and now, lets roast some small spacechickants with a giant wave of dins firebig grin

kamikz
Originally posted by MetaHybrid
It's like the silver arrows Link got in LTTP. They were needed to beat Ganon and were only found at the very end of the game, which is exactly how Samus's Hyper and Omega Beam work.

If the TriForce counts then Samus get the "Super Metroid ", cause she captured it at the end of Metroid II. The Metroid will drain all of Link's life and he'll end up nothing more then a pile of sand. Samus will also get the "Trilobite Space pirate fighter " since she stole one at the end of Zero Mission. Now I doubt Link's primitive weapons could scratch the paint off of it, not to mention the ship also has Hyperdrive, and one shot from it's canon would vaporize Link.

To think the Super metroid is more powerful than the combined power of the triforce is ridicilous at lowest. He'd just kill her right away, no need to do anything really. Plus all the magics he got...

But since it does not count in this match (because it is overpowered I guess) then Link still can get invinsible for a heck of a long time, and grow into a giant. Remember that he has the gauntlet, which gives him about 100% as much strenght as before, and he has about 5 gauntlets if we count every item. He also has the Golden Gloves which in the guide describe him to be able to lift small mountains with it. Now if he grows to a giant, his muscles will be about 800% bigger than before, meaning that he would tear Samus apart easily, or just slam his sword who with the power of the gods, light and the best smiths of Hyrule, is able to cut through almost anything. (Not saying it will cut through her suit, but with that kind of strenght, it sure will do damage).

Or he can use his magics from Link's adventure to start a fire inside her suit, or lightning or whatever.
Also, you said she would see his heat, and measure his heart beat and all that with her thermal vision and sensor. Well, yes, except the fact that she will see the heat and the heart beat of rat, not Link. Would she shoot anything she comes across, like a rock? Link is not unsensable when he is in the stone mask, however he is in the state of a rock or anything else that comes with the terrain. Is Samus so dumb that she will begin to shoot everything that moves?

IceJaw
This fight is weird ermm

kamikz
Indeedstick out tongue

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by Superboy Prime

so if we're going by items you don't necessarily use in-game, then can't Samus just crash her ship into link?

kamikz
That's different. The ship is an object that she has, she can't exactly wear it with her on every occasion. That's like saying Epona is Link's item, though she's not, just his horse....
And a ship ain't hurting him stick out tongue

People need to stop listing the different weapons that she would use, cause they aren't off any use against Link here.

MetaHybrid
I think it's safe to say the if Samus used a her Sonic boom on Link and didn't have his magical barriers up, he would die instantly. The Sonic boom rips apart your atoms and travels at the speed of sound. Link can't possibly dodge it. Even giant Link would have his face caved in. That weapon has some use agains Link. Also if he can't have limitless magic with Chateau Romani, because it heals him, then Samus could have a small chance.

Also, Samus's thermal visor CAN"T BE FOOLED. Even if she still sees a rat, she isn't looking for him, she is looking for his body heat, so she will still see the heat he is giving off from his normal form.

kamikz
No, because Samus herself doesn't move in the speed of sound. She would first have to look at him, raise her arm, then blast him away. The invincibility in WW is INSTANT, it goes on the moment you want it to. That means it is faster than Samus is raising her arm...

And drinking something isn't healing, he should have said enhancing items if he wanted anything like that. Should we take away Samus extra energy things because it enhances her suit? Isn't the Chateau an item too?

And I thought it was that he turned into the terrain. I mean, let's take the guard with the mask as an example yet again.
He stands in the middle of a ring of rocks. You run into the rocks, and stand where he stands, nothing happens, you don't bounce into him, you don't feel him. However, you do when you use the lens of truth, which turns him into his real state....

MetaHybrid
No, because Samus herself doesn't move in the speed of sound. She would first have to look at him, raise her arm, then blast him away. The invincibility in WW is INSTANT, it goes on the moment you want it to. That means it is faster than Samus is raising her arm...

And drinking something isn't healing, he should have said enhancing items if he wanted anything like that. Should we take away Samus extra energy things because it enhances her suit? Isn't the Chateau an item too?

And I thought it was that he turned into the terrain. I mean, let's take the guard with the mask as an example yet again.
He stands in the middle of a ring of rocks. You run into the rocks, and stand where he stands, nothing happens, you don't bounce into him, you don't feel him. However, you do when you use the lens of truth, which turns him into his real state....

Ummmm I don't think that's what the lens of truth does, it doesn't effect anyone or tuen anyone into their real state, it just shows invisable things, or things that aren't real. The Chateau Romani HEALS you when you drink it, so it might not be allowed due to Tallis match up rules.

kamikz
It shows their true form, either way, if it is effected or not is debatable, but the thing is that he is not even touchable when he is in that form. And lens of truth does not just show invisible things, it shows the truth......

Chateau gives you unlimited magic for a while, that is an enhance thing. If we should ban all of Link's bottle items then say so, and it doesn't neccessarily heal him. I mean, comon, now the triforce has been taken away, then all Link's enhancing items. Is this thread made for Link to lose?
Whatever. Link could just easily put on the invinsibility that exists on WW which is instant. He then puts on the giants mask and picks Samus up. From here, I think we can all agree that he has won....

MetaHybrid
It shows their true form, either way, if it is effected or not is debatable, but the thing is that he is not even touchable when he is in that form. And lens of truth does not just show invisible things, it shows the truth......

Chateau gives you unlimited magic for a while, that is an enhance thing. If we should ban all of Link's bottle items then say so, and it doesn't neccessarily heal him. I mean, comon, now the triforce has been taken away, then all Link's enhancing items. Is this thread made for Link to lose?
Whatever. Link could just easily put on the invinsibility that exists on WW which is instant. He then puts on the giants mask and picks Samus up. From here, I think we can all agree that he has won....

Link CAN be killed when he has the stone mask on. I'm pretty sure the boses can kill you if your wearing it. Still your not using Link to his full power. tsk tsk.

If Link doesn't have limitless magic and magical barriers, then he could lose easily. If however he does have them, he wins without a doubt.

kamikz
Well, agreed there. If Link can use his invinsibility (cause he can right) he will win, however if he can't, then I'm gonna give him...maybe 10 seconds to live!

MetaHybrid
Great topic over.

Also from now on in Link match ups, forgot Nayru's love and the WW barrier. The Magic Cape and Cane of Byrna are much more powerful.

IceJaw
How exactly would Link do damage to Samus? confused

kamikz
We've said that before... ^

Topic over anyway.

IceJaw
Sam has battled many invisible foes before, even ghosts, so I doubt the stone mask would be useful erm

kamikz
No I'm not talking about the invisibilitystick out tongue And as I said, it doesn't make him invisible, but gets masked together with the terrain. But it doesn't matter....

He also has the four swords, which means there will be four different Link's attacking her. All can shoot swords out of their swords as well...

And the minish cap could shrink Samus, while Link grows to a giant. Only a pile of Samus left after that.

MetaHybrid
No I'm not talking about the invisibilitystick out tongue And as I said, it doesn't make him invisible, but gets masked together with the terrain. But it doesn't matter....

He also has the four swords, which means there will be four different Link's attacking her. All can shoot swords out of their swords as well...

And the minish cap could shrink Samus, while Link grows to a giant. Only a pile of Samus left after that.

Come on Kamikz don't be bias, you KNOW the minish cap wouldn't work. Samus would have to be standing on one of those Minish portals (the pots, tree stumps, stone things) I'm pretty sure they don't have those in NYC

kamikz
A friend has Minish, and he told me that, so I thought he could do it anytime. I'm not biased, there are alot more fanboys of Samus here...

IceJaw
What the f**k? Which Link are we talking about?!

dark99
all of them...

IceJaw
This is....too weird What the f**k?

One Link or all of 'em at ones?

dark99
well one link with all his stuff...

ESB -1138
Go Link!!! He'll use the Giant's Mask and become a giant and step on Samus...or not. Either or works for me.

dark99
what...

Swe_Bum
Well we are Talking about Every Samus too... So all her Suits (about 20) = Invincible yes

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Swe_Bum
Well we are Talking about Every Samus too... So all her Suits (about 20) = Invincible yes

Nayru's Love

The-Judge
link wins in a even fight

MetaHybrid
Originally posted by The-Judge
link wins in a even fight

Wouldn't an even fight mean they have an even chance of winning?

kamikz
Originally posted by Swe_Bum

She's gonna wear every single suit at the same time? Not likley....

And no, she is still not invincible, even if she could do it.

And no, an even fight can be a fight which is very, very hard, but the greater prevails in the end. They can be very close in power though...

MetaHybrid
She is pretty much invincible to most of Link's attacks. The Omega Suit can take a massive amount of damage. I can only see Link doing damage if he were to become a Giant and start swinging his sword at her.

kamikz
Agreed. ^ But that would indeed cause massive damage, and Link himself would not be in trouble while doing it.

KyuTheDemonic
Link would win, Samus is huge in technology but link has the true trump card up his tunic (lol zelda humor) The fierce deity mask.

While Link can be harmed in this form samus is no god, link could wipe the floor with her but if fierce deity had his way most likly she'd be the mess needed to be wiped up

Also if Link was that powerful in fierce deity from as a child imagine what adult Link would be like.

Keollyn
Samus kills Link with a power beam.

Jugglenaut
Originally posted by Keollyn
Link bounces it back with any of the Mirror Shields and she dies.

Keollyn
She'll die from her own blast that she's already taken? Right....

And of course Link is going to bounce back her attack... next to not having the speed to do so, he's surprisingly can bounce back her beam.

I bet you have proof, right?

KyuTheDemonic
Originally posted by Keollyn

Link Has The Feirce Daity Mask While Samus Is Strong The Mask For Link Is Like God Moding

Link Win's Because Samus Can't Kill A God

NonSensi-Klown
Samus wins via Speed blitz.

KyuTheDemonic
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Samus wins via Speed blitz.

How can speed blitz kill a god????? messed

NonSensi-Klown
It's not that hard. Gods aren't known for their awesome speed.

Darkstorm Zero
Once again, the title of "A God" bestows upon it's bearer unprovable powers...

Since when in any Video Game does the title of "a God" = pwnage?

Answer: almost never.

The god better have something to back up that claim.

NonSensi-Klown
Thank you.

Darkstorm Zero
*Shrugs* Welcome.

The title of God gets thrown around so much, it's lost all meaning...

First_Tsurugi06
Link wins via numerous magic weaponry, invincibility spells, several other forms, etc.

Fixed.

Dark-Jaxx
When has Samus REACTED at mach speeds?

She has a booster which lets her run at them in like one game, has she ever REACTED at those speeds?

NonSensi-Klown
I'm assuming that in order to not run into walls she has to. Also, she can dodge blaster bolts. So, dunno.

Nemesis X
If Samus dies, who will be videogame chick of the year?

NonSensi-Klown
... Chun-Li?

Probably the chick from Mirror's Edge.

Dark-Jaxx
I'm assuming that in order to not run into walls she has to. Also, she can dodge blaster bolts. So, dunno. She only did it in a 2D side-scrolling videogame where there are no walls to really run into.

Unless she did it in the manga, if that is canon.

Is that what you are talking about?

NonSensi-Klown
Which part of my post are you referring too? She can dodge blaster bolts in-game as well as in the 2-D version.

Dark-Jaxx
...And how fast were said blaster bolts?

I hope I'm not gonna get the "They're lasers they must be lightspeed" argument...

And you wanna go by what has happened in-game, Link has deflect lightning blasts...But just like with Samus, I don't think they were actually lightning speed.

Nemesis X
... Chun-Li?

Probably the chick from Mirror's Edge.

Definately Chun Li (or maybe that Mai Shiranui chick from SNK).

The chick from Mirror's Edge doesn't attract me 1%.

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
...And how fast were said blaster bolts?

I hope I'm not gonna get the "They're lasers they must be lightspeed" argument...

And you wanna go by what has happened in-game, Link has deflect lightning blasts...But just like with Samus, I don't think they were actually lightning speed.

Light-speed would be ridiculous.

I have no idea how fast they are. Maybe Keollyn knows. He/she knows more about the series then I do.

Dark-Jaxx
Fvck him, he's nuthin but a house nigga.

fascistcrusader
Samus takes this easily. In all honesty you're pitting a kid with a sword and arrows and boomerangs against a highly trained mercenary in advanced battle armor. Link can't hurt here, and she could vaporize Link.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
In all honesty you're pitting a kid with a sword and arrows and boomerangs against a highly trained mercenary in advanced battle armor.

A kid with a sword that's blessed with the sacred power of evil's bane, arrows with numerous magical/non magical properties, boomerangs that range from ordinary to whirlwind inducing, all the while posessing dozens of other weapons magical and non-magical, the former or which consists of abilities that range from powerful offense to transformation (into things such as a Zora with bio-electric barrier, a Goron with the ability to roll at high speeds, a giant, and a God-esque incarnation), and invulnerability.

Link vs. Samus is a sheer example of the "Magic >>> Technology" logic.

fascistcrusader
Seeing as how Samus isn't evil, the master sword will be nothing more than a sharp piece of steel to her. Link's "magic arrows" are nothing but primitive incindiary or chilling weapons to her, and a boomerang is just a toy, little gusts or not. To top it off Link has no superspeed or strength to hope to compete with Samus or even dent her armor, to pit the little guy against her is the epitome of spite.

MadMel
for once it seems we are in agreement erm

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Seeing as how Samus isn't evil, the master sword will be nothing more than a sharp piece of steel to her. Link's "magic arrows" are nothing but primitive incindiary or chilling weapons to her, and a boomerang is just a toy, little gusts or not. To top it off Link has no superspeed or strength to hope to compete with Samus or even dent her armor, to pit the little guy against her is the epitome of spite. Got any durability feats from Samus to prove any of these claims? Considering the ice arrows freeze completely anything they hit, and the light arrows disintegrate anything it hits?

Link has no strength feats? How's about in TP when he picked up a giant Goron wearing heavy armor and tossed him like a ball? Or when in OoT when he lifted a giant pillar of rock a hundred feet away?

NonSensi-Klown
... Why would Link beable to fire off an arrow before Samus fires a beam of energy... ?

And I was under the impression that light arrows only hurt evil.

fascistcrusader
Samus armor stands up to the frigid vaccum of space and and olten rock deep beneath planets. Link's little sword isn't going to do anything but make a clanging noise.

His ice arrows don;t freeze anything solid, there are plenty of unfreezable opponents in the LoZ games, and once again, Samus isn't evil, and light arrows are only designed for use against evil opponents.

Link goes down hard here.

NonSensi-Klown
And Samus armor also protects her from black holes...

Yeah, there we go. Samus Darkburst beam opens up a black hole... What's Link going to do then? Even if he's "invinvible" the infinite gravity will crush him utterly, or he'll just be in suspended aniamtion forever...

He's got no defense.

Nemesis X
Link can just use his Orcarina of time to transport Samus to the time that town gets crushed by that moon.

NonSensi-Klown
Because obviously Samus will stand in one spot doing nothing while Link gets out his ocarina and plays a ****ing song.

Samus shoves a black hole up his ass 10/10

Nemesis X
Can't Link play an orcarina while dodging her attacks?

Dark-Jaxx
And Samus armor also protects her from black holes... This is really all I needed to hear to be convinced she wins. I wasn't really arguing against Samus anyway, no virtually nothing about her, and assumed Fascist was just being his normal idiot self, and wanted to correct bullshit he claimed.

What game did this all happen in out of curiosity?

NonSensi-Klown
Prime 2.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Can't Link play an orcarina while dodging her attacks?

... you can't dodge a black hole.

Dark-Jaxx
...When?

I don't remember it. no expression

NonSensi-Klown
It's a weapon. The dark burst beam.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Darkburst

Nemesis X
... you can't dodge a black hole.

Is it even fair to have a weapon that shoots black holes in this fight?

NonSensi-Klown
Perfectly, if Link can supposedly go "omgZ invincible" and can teleport people to other places...

Dark-Jaxx
Link has in canon never teleported another being anywhere with the Ocarina of Time.

Only himself.

ScreamPaste
While sexy, the darkburst is not technicly a black hole. Nice try though.

I'm giving Link a 10/5. (And I really like Samus, too.)

The OP made him untouchable with the first post. Giving Link everything he ever aquires in any Zelda game is beyond broken.

Pulling all that crap aside to make it more fair for Samus, my money would still be on the kid with the sharp steel. The mastersword is the sword of evil's bane, and is particularly effective against evil, but it has never been said anywhere, even outside Canon, that it loses any magic properties when swung against an innocent. And in this scenario she isn't, though she isn't evil.

So, I'm bettign he could carve up her armour real nice. Especially given his feats of strength, and that Samus takes damage from ANIMALS. Random wildlife would poke holes in her suit. Or worse! See the Sheegoth, MP:1 which could freeze you solid with it's breath. Link's magic arrows>Sheegoth breath.

I'm afraid Link>Samus. Especially with all his gear. it's simply unfair.

Also, Darkburst=mirrorshield applicable.

MadMel
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
While sexy, the darkburst is not technicly a black hole. Nice try though. its still a hell of a lot faster than anything link can do

I'm giving Link a 10/5. (And I really like Samus, too.) clearly erm

The OP made him untouchable with the first post. Giving Link everything he ever aquires in any Zelda game is beyond broken. well given he cant even touch her with her speed, whats your point?

Pulling all that crap aside to make it more fair for Samus, my money would still be on the kid with the sharp steel. The mastersword is the sword of evil's bane, and is particularly effective against evil, but it has never been said anywhere, even outside Canon, that it loses any magic properties when swung against an innocent. And in this scenario she isn't, though she isn't evil.
no, but whats the chances of the sword actually getting through her armour, even if he could somehow actually hit her before she hits him?

So, I'm bettign he could carve up her armour real nice. Especially given his feats of strength, and that Samus takes damage from ANIMALS. Random wildlife would poke holes in her suit. Or worse! See the Sheegoth, MP:1 which could freeze you solid with it's breath. Link's magic arrows>Sheegoth breath. canon > gameplay...samus regularly tanks lasers and missiles throughout the series..links swords isnt going to do much..

Also, Darkburst=mirrorshield applicable. prove it

fascistcrusader
laughing

Ridley_Prime
Wow. This thread's still around?

Eh.. Link would need the Triforce of Power to stomp her (methinks), which he doesn't have. erm

ScreamPaste
I went Canon>Gameplay in another thread and it got dismissed, It appears the rules change from thread to thread.. Going Canon means that Link has diety-esque power and it tosses aside the "Link retsarts every game with three hearts" mechanic. He doesn't need the triforce of power because The triforce of courage not benefitting it's wielder is a common misconception, if that's the case, why can Link even survive fighting Ganondorf who canonicly has power equivelant to a god. The answer? Link's piece also gives him power, albiet in a very different way, more favourable to those who value courage than power. IE, nothing vugar.

Also, Link, canonicly adds the power of each of the sages to his own in OOT. Sages+Magic+Triforce of Courage>Anything Samus is given. And I say again, I really like Samus, lol. I practicly orgasmed over the metroid Prime series. Even ruling out the entire triforce doesn't mean Link loses. And Darkburst=mirrorshield applicable is easy to explain.

Metroid Prime:2 Echoes was based on a Dark/Light axis, obviously, and the beam weapons reflected this. The light and darkness can both technicly be reproduced in a mirror, even though darkness is the absense of light, if you cast a shadow on a mirrow that is reflecting on the floor, the shadow, essentially darkness, will also be reflected as an absense of light. So, logicly, Mirrorshield>Darkburst. Especially if it can reflect such rediculous things as FIRE and ICE. And don't give me that "his reactions are too slow" crap. He's already proven to have beyond human physical attributes and it doesn't take a genius to lift a shield when Smus raises her arm cannon.

MadMel
Metroid Prime:2 Echoes was based on a Dark/Light axis, obviously, and the beam weapons reflected this. The light and darkness can both technicly be reproduced in a mirror, even though darkness is the absense of light, if you cast a shadow on a mirrow that is reflecting on the floor, the shadow, essentially darkness, will also be reflected as an absense of light. So, logicly, Mirrorshield>Darkburst. Especially if it can reflect such rediculous things as FIRE and ICE. And don't give me that "his reactions are too slow" crap. He's already proven to have beyond human physical attributes and it doesn't take a genius to lift a shield when Smus raises her arm cannon.
link may be powerful, but hes only mortal...in comparison to samus he's also fairly slow..
your dark - light thing is slightly flawed erm..firstly, the darkburst is not a shadow, but a dimensional rift, and it doesnt need to be aimed at link, just an area near him, and he'll be sucked to his doom..it is highly unlikely that hell be able to reflect the shield (even if it were possible), as it would take him before it reached him..he could use one of his items to weigh him down, making him harder to sucked in, but then he's at the mercy of samus' other weapons..id like to see him avoid both the suction of the darkburst and the wide/plasma/wave beam from fusion, or the sonic boom with his normal speed and reflexes, let alone with the weight his heavier items draging him down..
even if the mirror sheild was somehow a threat to samus, she can use the grapple beam's lasso function to rip it out of his hands..

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by MadMel
link may be powerful, but hes only mortal...in comparison to samus he's also fairly slow..
your dark - light thing is slightly flawed erm..firstly, the darkburst is not a shadow, but a dimensional rift, Prove it. Does no one else see the flaw in lettign her fire dimensional rifts around? :P The entire dark beam concept is an odd one, to be sure, but shadows are the closest thing I can scientificly produce to mimic it. And oyu ignored that the shield reflects things it normally shouldn't anyway. (Magic, Fire, Ice, ect..)

And How is he slow compared to Samus? Link's established as super human.

We already established it is not a black hole. Also, it's a powerful weapon, but it's hardly going to damage Link without a direct hit, nor is it likely to pull him off balance. The pull of those blasts were relatively weak in MP:2 and they only even damaged creatures they hit. And they didn't always suck them in, either, unless it was an instant kill. Link =/= generic space pirate.. Lol. Not to mention the rate of fire on those is pathetic.

Just because ripping shields off of space pirates in MP:3 worked doesn't mean it'd work on Link. If anything, she'd end up with a face full of angry green clad sword wielder and die. GG on pulling the angry kid with a knife in closer to yourself.

Besides which point, the Dark Burst is so slow it's entirely Negligible and should be taken out of this argument altogehter. It takes awhile to charge, and would be far too easy to dodge if the enemy AI worked that way. By the time it's even ready to fire, Samus=sworded. Most of Samus' beam weapons either would do negligible damage to Link or are mirrorshield applicable. And if they're not, he has either a spell or piece of armour to protect himself.

Essentially, if he gets close, she's screwed. And he will, he always does. Another important factor in this argument is Link's durability. It's gone sort of ignored so far, but his base durability is waay up there. If Ganondorf can *obliterate* a sage by punching it, what to you think he can do with a hefty sword swing in his large beastly form? (Think OOT.) If he has the power to tear down an entire castle while theoreticly on his death bed, and yet Link can survive a hit from his most powerful blasts, how can Samus hope to kill Link before he gets in her face and swords her?

Claw/long/hookshot to swording. GAME.
Walk up while her beam charges and sword her. GAME.
Hold up the mirrorshield and wait a minute. GAME.
Pull out the bow, side step the darkburst you're all in love with freeeze her, then walk up to her with the megaton hammer (or ball and chain), and smash her into Samuscicles... or sword her. GAME.

Light arrow=ruined visors. she's blind, quick, SWORD HER. Game..

She has some advantage at range, but not enough to win this for her. Link's tenacity, resourcfulness, endless pocket full of gizmoes, and section of a relic containing deific power are just too much for technology alone to counter. This win goes to Link.

Actually, I'm amazed no one has discussed the setting at all. New York city. This gives Link another advantage, plenty of cover. Plenty.

MadMel
Prove it. Does no one else see the flaw in lettign her fire dimensional rifts around? :P The entire dark beam concept is an odd one, to be sure, but shadows are the closest thing I can scientificly produce to mimic it. And oyu ignored that the shield reflects things it normally shouldn't anyway. (Magic, Fire, Ice, ect..) its in the games description..the darkburst is a dimensional rift, and like i said, he wont be able to reflect it because hell either be sucked in beforehand or obliterated by her other weaponry

And How is he slow compared to Samus? Link's established as super human. so its samus..she was given chozo blood, giving her superhuman speed, strength and agility..the fact that the speed booster makes her fast enough to barge through solid rock and steel (or whatever other metal the people in metroid universe use) walls like nothing makes her beyond link in speed..

We already established it is not a black hole. Also, it's a powerful weapon, but it's hardly going to damage Link without a direct hit, nor is it likely to pull him off balance. The pull of those blasts were relatively weak in MP:2 and they only even damaged creatures they hit. And they didn't always suck them in, either, unless it was an instant kill. Link =/= generic space pirate.. Lol. Not to mention the rate of fire on those is pathetic. link would actually be quite lighter than the average space pirate, and probably less durable, and will be sucked in quite nicely..the fact that most enemies needed killing first is due to gameplay and that a lot of them were much heavier than link..

Just because ripping shields off of space pirates in MP:3 worked doesn't mean it'd work on Link. If anything, she'd end up with a face full of angry green clad sword wielder and die. GG on pulling the angry kid with a knife in closer to yourself. prove that it will suddenly inexplicably not work on link when it has successfully worked on enemies as strong or stronger?

Besides which point, the Dark Burst is so slow it's entirely Negligible and should be taken out of this argument altogehter. It takes awhile to charge, and would be far too easy to dodge if the enemy AI worked that way. By the time it's even ready to fire, Samus=sworded. Most of Samus' beam weapons either would do negligible damage to Link or are mirrorshield applicable. And if they're not, he has either a spell or piece of armour to protect himself. none of which he could use in time..link may be good, but hes not the flash..he wont even get close to blocking her weaponry if she fired something really fast like the wave combo beam or the sonic boom..

Essentially, if he gets close, she's screwed. And he will, he always does. Another important factor in this argument is Link's durability. It's gone sort of ignored so far, but his base durability is waay up there. If Ganondorf can *obliterate* a sage by punching it, what to you think he can do with a hefty sword swing in his large beastly form? (Think OOT.) If he has the power to tear down an entire castle while theoreticly on his death bed, and yet Link can survive a hit from his most powerful blasts, how can Samus hope to kill Link before he gets in her face and swords her? link WONT sword her...how hard is it to understand that a piece of steel, no matter how endowed, will not not breach an armor that took missiles and giant lasers without damaging samus?..if he ever gets close, which is highly unlikely, he screw attack him to death..link is admitedly wuite durable, but that doesnt mean he can suddenly become immune to missiles and lasers without his magic..

Claw/long/hookshot to swording. GAME. none of these will work an samus' armor, and if she did get close - screw attack = dead link..

Walk up while her beam charges and sword her. GAME. sword wont hurt her, and she lets off an uncharged shot, which would probably kill link anyway, and if he did somehow get close she can screw attack him to death..

Hold up the mirrorshield and wait a minute. GAME.
wont stop darkburst, she grapple lassos, shoots any weapon she desires and he dies..

Pull out the bow, side step the darkburst you're all in love with freeeze her, then walk up to her with the megaton hammer (or ball and chain), and smash her into Samuscicles... or sword her. GAME. he wouldnt dodge the darburst if she fired it, unless he was at least 30 metres away..in which case she wave beams his ass before he shoots her with the arrow...dead link

Light arrow=ruined visors. she's blind, quick, SWORD HER. Game.. sword wont hurt her, and she wont get blinded if she uses her visors..again, if he gets close, screw attack = dead link

She has some advantage at range, but not enough to win this for her. Link's tenacity, resourcfulness, endless pocket full of gizmoes, and section of a relic containing deific power are just too much for technology alone to counter. This win goes to Link.
laughing out loud you have done nothing but spout titles and use game play feats..these will not work...samus has the advantage of speed, range, and raw destructive power the likes of which link has never faced..

Actually, I'm amazed no one has discussed the setting at all. New York city. This gives Link another advantage, plenty of cover. Plenty.
powerbomb + shooting to distract OR grapple beam = dead link

or maybe while he's running for his life samus can call her ship to blow him to pieces erm

link cannot win this fight..he simply doesnt have the speed to use his defences against samus' weaponry, or the durability to take the hits when they come..

ScreamPaste
I've actually made a few good points and you've not countered them, only said "no!".

And the grapple beam on Link's shield would just pull him to her, and she'd get sworded. I doubt VERY highly a space pirate compares in any way with Link. Also, the master sword is the most powerful sword inthe Nintendo universe, you're ignoring it's a powerful magic artifact. My +6 vorpal bastard sword of pwnsauce>Your +5 full plate of underwater breathing. /geektastic DnD joke.

They're both super human, but chozo blood does not stack up next to chosen of a godess and holder of a sacred relic representign her power. .. With a pointy piece of *magic* steel. The great thing about magic is it works outside logical debate, if Link can reflect things that cannot be reflected, he can certainyl reflect something composed mostly of somethign that *can* Darkburst=composed mostly of dark beam. Shield is also magic. And the claw shot/hookshot/longshot don't have to hurt samus, just grab her and pull Link to her. So he can sword her.

Yes, samus has feats on her side as well, but they don't stack up to Link's..

and Yeah, she can run quick, but reflexes>general speed. (as was stated in the Dante vs Kratos thread)

There's no way Samus is winning this. You've painted a picture like Link is your typical human with a knife, false. Link's gear is technicly archaic, but underestimating him is just another geat way to end up sworded.

A light arrow would fry her visors.

An ice arrow would imprison and immobilise her temporarily.

The master sword would sword her.

These points are not areguable.

I've read around a bit and from what i can tell, you just don't like Link, MadMel. oO;

Most things that come out of her arm cannon = mirror shield applicable.

One uncharged shot would probably barely harm Link. He's not some pushover.

This is a competition of all gear from all games, correct? Link instantly wins this no contest, I've been arguing my points in a way to make this fair for samus because it really isn't. If Link has all his gear though, he can just use Nayru's love/magic armour, grapple her in whatever way seems most convenient while she fires her various weapons with no effect whatsoever, then sword her.

There's no way she can stop it other than to run away.

MadMel
I've actually made a few good points and you've not countered them, only said "no!". no, youbve jsut refused to read my posts properly erm

And the grapple beam on Link's shield would just pull him to her, and she'd get sworded. prove it

I doubt VERY highly a space pirate compares in any way with Link. Also, the master sword is the most powerful sword inthe Nintendo universe, you're ignoring it's a powerful magic artifact. no, you're overhyping it..its a strong piece of metal that is super effective against evil..it is not going to do squat against an armour that withstands lasers of immense power

They're both super human, but chozo blood does not stack up next to chosen of a godess and holder of a sacred relic representign her power except that link has NEVER shown anything..just saying that he is empowered by the gods doesnt make him automatically stronger or faster than samus when he has shown no proof of either, other than goran wrestling

With a pointy piece of *magic* steel. The great thing about magic is it works outside logical debate, if Link can reflect things that cannot be reflected, he can certainyl reflect something composed mostly of somethign that *can* Darkburst=composed mostly of dark beam. the damn thing will suck link in BEFORE it touches his shield, how hard is that to understand?

Shield is also magic. And the claw shot/hookshot/longshot don't have to hurt samus, just grab her and pull Link to her. So he can sword her. you still havent shown any proof other than "ITZ A MAGIKK SWORDD!!" that indicates the master swords can break samus' defenses

Yes, samus has feats on her side as well, but they don't stack up to Link's.. irrelevant..why did you bring this up?

and Yeah, she can run quick, but reflexes>general speed. (as was stated in the Dante vs Kratos thread) well no shit..the problem is, link has not demonstrated that he can dodge anything faster than an arrow..

There's no way Samus is winning this. You've painted a picture like Link is your typical human with a knife, false.
i never did that..i said he is a slightly super human with powerful weapons..unfortunately, these wont work against samus, as ive proved several times already..besides, it doesnt compare to you making samus out like shes a clinically retard girl in a stormtrooper suit erm

Link's gear is technicly archaic, but underestimating him is just another geat way to end up sworded. which wont happen to samus..

A light arrow would fry her visors. prove it...oh wait, you cant...the arrow will bounce off her helmet, and the light can be canceled out by infrared, or in actuality, any visor she cares to choose..

An ice arrow would imprison and immobilise her temporarily. if it hit, and then only maybe..samus goes out of her way to dodge missiles and beams, but she cant dodge an arrow?

The master sword would sword her. you have NEVER proven this, so stop spouting it like its fact..

These points are not areguable. actually they are, since the only proof you have provided to back up these claims are "BECAZ ITS MAGIK AND BECAZ I SAYZ SO!!!"..post proof or get out..

I've read around a bit and from what i can tell, you just don't like Link, MadMel. oO; i can tell you now i like LOZ much more than metroid

Most things that come out of her arm cannon = mirror shield applicable. you have not PROVEN this..just saying it doesnt make it true

One uncharged shot would probably barely harm Link. He's not some pushover. hes an empowered human who can still get hurt from arrows and swords..one charged shot would burn the living hell out of him and definitely keep him occupied long enough for samus to finish him..

This is a competition of all gear from all games, correct? Link instantly wins this no contest, I've been arguing my points in a way to make this fair for samus because it really isn't. If Link has all his gear though, he can just use Nayru's love/magic armour, grapple her in whatever way seems most convenient while she fires her various weapons with no effect whatsoever, then sword her.
yea, because he can do all this before she fires a wavebeam/sonic boom and insta kill him roll eyes (sarcastic)

There's no way he can stop it other than to run away. fixed..

until you provide actual proof to back up your absurd claims, and actually read my posts properly, im done here..

ScreamPaste
You didn't read mine I suppose the argument works both ways. Nayru's love>sonic boom/whatever else she chooses to throw at him then he just swords her.

Prove otherwise.

and other than *throwing* a massive goron in plate armour. THROWING. He also *Threw* large pillars of stone that had to weigh around 60-70 tons once he got the golden gauntlets. And if you don't liek the mastersword, the magic sword ala the first LoZ game. Nothing says it's especially evil prefering in it's skewerable list.

Reflex feats=all over the windwaker games. Infact, the killshot on Ganon is reflex based.

I have provided proof. In all of my posts and valid reasoning. You've said sumus' armour is tough, and her dark beam would suck him in. I agree her armour is tough, but far from impenetrable. Link can *throw* things that Samus would be incapable of getting up from under.

And yes, I've said ZOMG MAGIK SWORDZZ!1one, but counter that claim? The sword is clearly magic, and it does clearly go unharmed and uneroded for centuries atleast.

And how would you like them to power up Link without breaking gameplay? I think the heart meter and progressively more impressive feats carried out throuh the games as you get more powerful illustrate that there is *something* speciual about him.

Samus is not a retarded storm trooper, lol. She's just not equiped to handle a fully geared Link. It's not fair, he gets temporary invincibility, herculean strength, magic weapons out the ass.

And proving the arrows would work? Go play MP:1 and fight a sheegoth. You'll get frozen. A bomb shelter can resist nukes, but it still gets covered in ice in the winter. An ice arrow is a burts of magic that encases the target. Samus can be as laser surviving as she likes, the's still goign to have to deal with a bunch of ice materialising around her.

Fact ^.

With Link's rediculous strength and the magic/magic weapons at his disposal, and the high level of cover granted by NEw York, she's just not in a fair situation to compete.

A charge shot would hurt if she hit him, but while she charges it he can just knock and loose an arrow, lift his shield, or hold said shield up while he approaches. An uncharged shot would barely affect him.

And I'm gonna play the same card you did when I pointed out that random wild life in the metroid games can harm Samus, Gameplay. If Link can survive a blow from Ganon's sword. (Canon fact.) He's got some pretty intense durability on his side. Samus' durability is mostly in her suit, which is an armoured powersuit, but it's not totally infallible. Ridley can clearly harm her, what stops Link?

And MadMel if my arguments are just a bunch of "NO U!"'s..

How does she counter Nayru's love to hookshot to sword? or Nayru's love to ice arrow to sword?

Dark burst=too slow to hit Link anyway. And if it did suck in everythign it touched why did Samus even need doors, and how coem there weren't holes clear through the planet? Why didn't it one shot minibosses? Link could stand up to that attack if he had to, but he wouldn't because it takes too long to charge and moves too slowly.

Even if it did suck him towards it, his shield would touch first. The shield would not get sucked in, Prove that it would? It can reflect things that aren't reflectable, Darkness in the closest scitentificly emulatable form, is, regarldess of whether or not it's a rift, or negative space or whatever it is you would like to argue it has a form composed of somethign a regular mirror can reflect the general essence of, a magic shield to do just that somehow can't?

In fiction, and we ARE arguing fiction, hence magic.. Whenever magic meets technology it seems to override it and generally defy the laws of nature. We've seen it supress technology, empower technology and a million othe things, but the magic force is always dominant. Unless you count like, ghost busters.

Imo, the shield wins, but that's not even important because it would never hit Link. He would not have bad space pirate omgcan'tdodge AI. :P

Lethal Rogue
Link ftw

ThunderGodEneru
Using Link's fights against Ganon are stupid because any time Link beats Ganon even with the Master Sword it is automatically PIS.

fezdfzd
Samus would just use her gravity suit and jump in lava.
Link wouldn't know where samus is and if he tries to find her he would die.

fezdfzd
Also everyone suspect that the shield link has will block everything.
A ingle super misile will split the sield in half

Ridley_Prime
lol Goodbye sock account.

ScreamPaste
Please let this thread die again. I argued this match on SWF for like a month against fans so rabbid they make BT look sane and reserved.

Ridley_Prime
With pleasure.

And yeah, I know what ya mean about SWF. ugh

XanatosForever
Hah. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.