Could mutants ever be accepted?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Could Charles' dream actually come true?

Kaos sebaceous
nope the world is to bastardly

Flavio
only if the writers want to, and if Marvel fails its business enough to close doors.

Noa
In the story I guess it would eventually, but there will always be problems. Just like there will always be people who discriminate against blacks.
But in my own personal opinion evolution is a load of crap, and in real life we won't have to worry about mutants anyway. :P

Shalimar_fox
they could but why if it ever comes to that then the x-men are of no use anymore

Draco69
No. Blacks do not equal mutants. Blacks are humans with merely a different skin color.

Mutants are people who can create volcanoes in their backyard....

smiley8
Originally posted by Noa
But in my own personal opinion evolution is a load of crap, and in real life we won't have to worry about mutants anyway. :P

Thats the episode of Friends all over again!!! ....... and the reason everyone is different is the result of mutations

pr1983
In our world?

By certain individuals, sure...

by society at large, no...

masterkit
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
they could but why if it ever comes to that then the x-men are of no use anymore

they could still be of use...people change...there is sentinals and so on and so forth

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Noa
In the story I guess it would eventually, but there will always be problems. Just like there will always be people who discriminate against blacks.

Everyone is discriminated at one point in time...It's not just a "black" phenomenon.

And to answer the question, I would have to say no...There will always be people like Graydon Creed stirring the pot in the marvel verse.

eternitygoddess
I don't even get WHY there is this issue. People should want to be mutants and have special powers. I never got why mutants were so ostracized. And if I were a mutant I wouldn't give a f*ck. Just tell Scarlet Witch to warp reality and you got your solution.

pr1983
Originally posted by eternitygoddess
I don't even get WHY there is this issue. People should want to be mutants and have special powers. I never got why mutants were so ostracized. And if I were a mutant I wouldn't give a f*ck. Just tell Scarlet Witch to warp reality and you got your solution.

but what if you werent a mutant in a world full of them...

xmarksthespot
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/6205/astonishingxmen0108cu0.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/5599/astonishingxmen0109ic6.jpg

So. What have we learned?

We have learned the first lesson. They will always hate us.

We will never live in a world of peace. Which is why control and non-violence are essential. We must prove ourselves a peaceful people. We must give the ordinary humans respect, compliance and understanding.

And we must never mistake that for trust.

ExodusCloak
Once again Emma is spot on....imagine....if mutants really existed in our society....say you're in school...and 25% of your year have manifested powers.....you however are still human...the ones with powers are able to fly...read minds...etc...

How would that make any of us feel?

pr1983
thats the thing... begrudgery is bound to creep in, manifesting itself as anti mutant feeling...

eternitygoddess
Yes mutants will always be hated, but so what? Why do they care? They're clearly superior to the average humans. What I don't understand is why mutants are so scared of other humans. They have reality-warpers among them. If things get too bad, just tell them to warp reality.

PhoenixPhury14
Depends on what you're talking about,if you're talking about in the real world,and if they actually existed...then no.I believe that the world would look down on them as they do all other different people.Face it,the world is racist.I'm sure there aren't any "mutants" out there,but I do believe that people can be given gifts,but I'm not talking about anything like teleportation. I know someone who has had visions of things that actually have occured later down the line. But as far as super-human people...no,that's not something I believe in,it'd be nice,but I don't think it's real.

Alfheim
Originally posted by eternitygoddess
Yes mutants will always be hated, but so what? Why do they care? They're clearly superior to the average humans.

Well to the average human yes, but there are plenty of humans that are dangerous to mutants.

Dr Strange
Captain America
Tony Starks
Dr Doom

In the MU the line between human and superhuman in some cases are slim. Alot of humans if they train really hard can defeat superhumans look at Shang Chi and The Cat. Have you seen how the Cat owned deadpool.

Futhermore there are very intelligent humans like Dr Doom and The High Evolutionary. They are so intelligent they could be amassive threat through the use of technology. The White Bishop is another dangerous human.

Also there is magic as well. Dr Strange is not a mutant but his magic power is greater than a lot of mutants.

So mutants are not actually superior. You have to bear in mind that The Celestials altered the DNA of the human race. All humans are potentially mutants.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.