KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Could mutants ever be accepted?

Could mutants ever be accepted?
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules
The doctor

Could mutants ever be accepted?

Could Charles' dream actually come true?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2006 07:15 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaos sebaceous

nope the world is to bastardly

Thanks to The Grey Fox

Old Post Sep 12th, 2006 11:16 PM
Kaos sebaceous is currently offline Click here to Send Kaos sebaceous a Private Message Find more posts by Kaos sebaceous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

only if the writers want to, and if Marvel fails its business enough to close doors.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2006 07:03 PM
Flavio is currently offline Click here to Send Flavio a Private Message Find more posts by Flavio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noa
Da Funky Chicken!

In the story I guess it would eventually, but there will always be problems. Just like there will always be people who discriminate against blacks.
But in my own personal opinion evolution is a load of crap, and in real life we won't have to worry about mutants anyway. :P

Thanks IceJaw!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 12:51 AM
Noa is currently offline Click here to Send Noa a Private Message Find more posts by Noa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PsyrenAviance
The Body Beautiful

they could but why if it ever comes to that then the x-men are of no use anymore

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 01:59 AM
PsyrenAviance is currently offline Click here to Send PsyrenAviance a Private Message Find more posts by PsyrenAviance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

No. Blacks do not equal mutants. Blacks are humans with merely a different skin color.

Mutants are people who can create volcanoes in their backyard....

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 04:43 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smiley8
Come what may....

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Noa
But in my own personal opinion evolution is a load of crap, and in real life we won't have to worry about mutants anyway. :P

Thats the episode of Friends all over again!!! ....... and the reason everyone is different is the result of mutations

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 09:43 AM
smiley8 is currently offline Click here to Send smiley8 a Private Message Find more posts by smiley8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

In our world?

By certain individuals, sure...

by society at large, no...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 04:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SkinWalker

Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
they could but why if it ever comes to that then the x-men are of no use anymore

they could still be of use...people change...there is sentinals and so on and so forth

-Halle Berry's Biggest Fan.:.Thanks Piggle Humsy-

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 08:27 PM
SkinWalker is currently offline Click here to Send SkinWalker a Private Message Find more posts by SkinWalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Noa
In the story I guess it would eventually, but there will always be problems. Just like there will always be people who discriminate against blacks.

Everyone is discriminated at one point in time...It's not just a "black" phenomenon.

And to answer the question, I would have to say no...There will always be people like Graydon Creed stirring the pot in the marvel verse.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2006 02:15 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eternitygoddess

I don't even get WHY there is this issue. People should want to be mutants and have special powers. I never got why mutants were so ostracized. And if I were a mutant I wouldn't give a f*ck. Just tell Scarlet Witch to warp reality and you got your solution.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2006 02:33 AM
eternitygoddess is currently offline Click here to Send eternitygoddess a Private Message Find more posts by eternitygoddess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by eternitygoddess
I don't even get WHY there is this issue. People should want to be mutants and have special powers. I never got why mutants were so ostracized. And if I were a mutant I wouldn't give a f*ck. Just tell Scarlet Witch to warp reality and you got your solution.

but what if you werent a mutant in a world full of them...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 15th, 2006 10:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/...xmen0108cu0.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/...xmen0109ic6.jpg

So. What have we learned?

We have learned the first lesson. They will always hate us.

We will never live in a world of peace. Which is why control and non-violence are essential. We must prove ourselves a peaceful people. We must give the ordinary humans respect, compliance and understanding.

And we must never mistake that for trust.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 08:14 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Once again Emma is spot on....imagine....if mutants really existed in our society....say you're in school...and 25% of your year have manifested powers.....you however are still human...the ones with powers are able to fly...read minds...etc...

How would that make any of us feel?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 08:59 AM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thats the thing... begrudgery is bound to creep in, manifesting itself as anti mutant feeling...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 07:31 PM
eternitygoddess

quote:
We have learned the first lesson. They will always hate us.

Yes mutants will always be hated, but so what? Why do they care? They're clearly superior to the average humans. What I don't understand is why mutants are so scared of other humans. They have reality-warpers among them. If things get too bad, just tell them to warp reality.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 04:59 AM
eternitygoddess is currently offline Click here to Send eternitygoddess a Private Message Find more posts by eternitygoddess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PhoenixPhury14

Depends on what you're talking about,if you're talking about in the real world,and if they actually existed...then no.I believe that the world would look down on them as they do all other different people.Face it,the world is racist.I'm sure there aren't any "mutants" out there,but I do believe that people can be given gifts,but I'm not talking about anything like teleportation. I know someone who has had visions of things that actually have occured later down the line. But as far as super-human people...no,that's not something I believe in,it'd be nice,but I don't think it's real.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 06:45 AM
PhoenixPhury14 is currently offline Click here to Send PhoenixPhury14 a Private Message Find more posts by PhoenixPhury14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by eternitygoddess
Yes mutants will always be hated, but so what? Why do they care? They're clearly superior to the average humans.

Well to the average human yes, but there are plenty of humans that are dangerous to mutants.

Dr Strange
Captain America
Tony Starks
Dr Doom

In the MU the line between human and superhuman in some cases are slim. Alot of humans if they train really hard can defeat superhumans look at Shang Chi and The Cat. Have you seen how the Cat owned deadpool.

Futhermore there are very intelligent humans like Dr Doom and The High Evolutionary. They are so intelligent they could be amassive threat through the use of technology. The White Bishop is another dangerous human.

Also there is magic as well. Dr Strange is not a mutant but his magic power is greater than a lot of mutants.

So mutants are not actually superior. You have to bear in mind that The Celestials altered the DNA of the human race. All humans are potentially mutants.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2006 03:25 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote