I really hate Batman's Son

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Anyone else hates this kid? You know Talia's kid...I already saw in him one page and I can tell he's an annoying character. I'd hope that when Tim meets him he kicks his butt.

Also, I find rather annoying that Batman says he was drug when he and Talia had sex. BS! It was his own conscious actions. In Son of the Demon he was never drug. So that's BS for DC for trying to change the story.

Doc Potato
Oh god... I'm worried. What happened in the issue then?

WrathfulDwarf
Talia introduce Batman to his son. The kid is holding a sword and points the blade at Batman's chin. Then the kid says "I thought you were taller".

I hate that puke! I'm really hoping that Selina's child is actually Bruce's daughter. That would be really make me happy.

Ricodrayz
After all the years Batman has stolen other people's kids, he finally get his own....wait! Batman has kids shockshock Can you post scans please =O

Gregory
Good heavens! A comic writer has altered a decades-old story arc! Nothing like this has ever happened before! Let us all go onto the internet and throw tantrums about it!

WrathfulDwarf
I even email them....DC comics must be tired of me by now. Heck, that won't stop me from giving them a piece of mind.

TMACalicious
I never knew Batman had a son lol.

Would've thought he would've been smart enough to use protection LOL

Ricodrayz
I guess he forgot to put on his utility belt before going into "Battle"

Gregory
Anyway, Son of the Demon was never clearly in continuity, so changing it shouldn't be that big a deal.

Doc Potato
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Anyone else hates this kid? You know Talia's kid...I already saw in him one page and I can tell he's an annoying character. I'd hope that when Tim meets him he kicks his butt.

Also, I find rather annoying that Batman says he was drug when he and Talia had sex. BS! It was his own conscious actions. In Son of the Demon he was never drug. So that's BS for DC for trying to change the story. Can I persuade you to scan or is scannage now officially "frowned down upon" by you mods?

WrathfulDwarf
I don't have a scan...but if someone else does feel free to post.

Doc Potato
I don't have a scan...but if someone else does feel free to post. So I take the rumours of scannage being banned are just crap?

WrathfulDwarf
I don't follow...confused

Doc Potato
I don't follow...confused Well, people started worrying about how whole issue scans may in some way be detrimental tol the site's long-term future and soon after a LOT of scan-posters in the comics forum just stopped posting them. People seemed to think the scan posters had been warned not to do so anymore... sad

WrathfulDwarf
Oh well, I found some scans of the little punk:

WrathfulDwarf
Not to spoil it but Robin is in the page after this one. I hope Tim smacks that stupid punk kid.

chase el
what issue is this

Doc Potato
Were they just training there?

RevoWution™©®
Originally posted by Doc Potato
Were they just training there?

Nah i don't think so. I think the little s**t ordered Batman to fight him lol (2nd scan).

Is there any chance of you making the scans a little bigger, Dwarf? I can hardly read the words.

WrathfulDwarf
Sorry, I can't make it bigger. sad

As you can see that brat is a real punk! Instead of hugging his father he attacks him. I really hate this decision by Dan Didio.

Doc Potato
Will this be collected into a graphic novel? even if it sucks, I will get it as its a major turn in the life of the greatest hero EVER

Doc Potato
well, visiting family, I finally got to a real deal comic shop for the first time in a few years... got the 1st 3 parts of Batman & SOn and... I can safely say Batman's kiddie is the biggest wanker on the face of the Earth... I wanna kill that little son of a *****... and even with LoA training, he should never have pwned Tim so easily...
I'm kinda disappointed. I expected a better standard of story telling and not some cheeseball crap from a great writer like Morrison. I really felt like some of it was just thrown together and the plot doesn't flow well at all...

Alfheim
What Batman has a son???? He had sex, LOL.

Joker1237
well it was bound to happen sooner or later with all the women he slept with.

Doc Potato
Originally posted by Alfheim
What Batman has a son???? He had sex, LOL. Read Son of the Demon, an 80s comic by Marv Wolfman... I think. I just read it last night and, well, it was OK, but it explains the birth of Damien. Bats never found out he existed til now because the mother, Talia (as in Al Ghul), faked a miscarriage and left the kid at an orphanage. It was never mentioned again or even clearly in continuity, but this arc finally went back and revealed that, ye, it really happened... to some extent or other.

Grimm22
Damien is prime example of why people shouldn't be afraid to hit their kids

Alfheim
Originally posted by Joker1237
well it was bound to happen sooner or later with all the women he slept with.

What women he's celibete.....that playboy thing is an act.

Doc Potato
laughing Right...

WrathfulDwarf
What gets to me about DC making this decision is the stupidity behind it. They named Selina's child after Bruce's mother. Then they mislead their readers into believeing the child belong to Bruce. Rather than to make Selina's child the official offspring of Bruce they opted to bring out this child character into continium and make him the child of Batman. I'm disappointed by this which is why I dropped the Catwoman series. Really, stupid move from DC.

Grimm22
What gets to me about DC making this decision is the stupidity behind it. They named Selina's child after Bruce's mother. Then they mislead their readers into believeing the child belong to Bruce. Rather than to make Selina's child the official offspring of Bruce they opted to bring out this child character into continium and make him the child of Batman. I'm disappointed by this which is why I dropped the Catwoman series. Really, stupid move from DC.

True erm

However, it kind of would be too obvious for Bats to be the father

and I'm sure it will all be retconned in the next crossover when Superboy shatters another barrier or smoothing roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Grinning Goku

Also, I find rather annoying that Batman says he was drug when he and Talia had sex. BS! It was his own conscious actions. In Son of the Demon he was never drug. So that's BS for DC for trying to change the story.

Co-signed. I'm a teacher so that just intensifies everything.

WrathfulDwarf
He still sucks...

Doc Potato
Is the conclusion out yet and was there any imorivement? I don't suppose the ultimate sacrifice they referred to was that little son of a whore dying an agonising death at the hands of a certain spud-eating KMCer was it...? mad

WrathfulDwarf
I been away lately. Anything new on that annoying brat?

Doc Potato
Well, the last part of the arc's come out, but I don't have it. Anyone? Spoilers aplenty, I don't care... I'll still quite probably get it...

batdude123
Yeah... Damien's a little bastard. It was priceless when Batman screamed "PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!!" right in the kid's f*ckin' face. Damien almost shit his pants. laughing out loud

Doc Potato
laughing Well, the last issue was just as bad... and with the most maddening cliched ending ever...

WrathfulDwarf
I really hope Talia and the brat perish in the explosion.

Doc Potato
Ditto, but what are the chances? And to think... I used to like Talia...

Jamaican
LMAO - this is pretty funny.

My brother just made a good point. Bruce is alot like Mike Jackson.

He finds children, takes them to his mansion, takes them into a cave for no one to see and dresses them up in little spandex outfits. LOL

In all seriousness, what comic(s) can I find these occurances in??

Doc Potato
The last 4 issue arc of Batman- the arc is titled Batman And Son, written by Grant Morrison with art by Andy Kubert...

chase el
Originally posted by Jamaican
LMAO - this is pretty funny.

My brother just made a good point. Bruce is alot like Mike Jackson.

He finds children, takes them to his mansion, takes them into a cave for no one to see and dresses them up in little spandex outfits. LOL

In all seriousness, what comic(s) can I find these occurances in??

lol

olympian
Whuaha.

Darth Macabre
Talia introduce Batman to his son. The kid is holding a sword and points the blade at Batman's chin. Then the kid says "I thought you were taller".

I hate that puke! I'm really hoping that Selina's child is actually Bruce's daughter. That would be really make me happy. Agreed...I was terribly disappointed when I found out she wasn't Bruce's daughter. I had my hopes up, too.

Gregory
DC do something interesting and lasting with Bruce and Selina's relationship? Surly you jest.

(Just as well for her, though; ten-to-one if she was his daughter, they'd kill her off in under twenty issues for dramatic effect.)

Super Guy
Originally posted by Gregory
DC do something interesting and lasting with Bruce and Selina's relationship? Surly you jest.

(Just as well for her, though; ten-to-one if she was his daughter, they'd kill her off in under twenty issues for dramatic effect.) And then a few years later, she would return as a "surprise2 villain in an unoriginal and major piece-of-crap storyline...

super pr*xy

i don't know if this was said before...

i was reading this month's wizard, and grant said that with superboy prime's punch in the infinite crises story arc, SP basically scrambled and changed aspects of the DCU continuity and history. a little bit of a cop out move. grant also acknowledged that change... that batman was drugged in the original story and in this arc he's not.

Super Guy
Ah... Fair enough.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I like the current storyline between Batman and his son. I think that Batman will either knock some sense into him or perhaps he will betray Talia and join forces with his father.

claybird
i don't think batman & son r cannon since batman son of the demon is noncannon. Who's the father of selina's daughter?

LORDSIDIOUS01
I think the writers have him go good eventually.

WrathfulDwarf
He is still annoying. sleep

LORDSIDIOUS01
Maybe but he good turn good eventually

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by claybird
i don't think batman & son r cannon since batman son of the demon is noncannon. Who's the father of selina's daughter?

Sam Bradley.... sad Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
He is still annoying. sleep

Agreed...I want to go 'pow right in the kisser' to the little snot.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Why are we talking still about Batman's alleged son. As well as whether its a canon or non canon story arc.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Why are we talking still about Batman's alleged son. As well as whether its a canon or non canon story arc. Um....because that is what this threads for.

LORDSIDIOUS01
This storyline about Batman's son is over and this thread should be closed.

SelinaAndBruce
Bruce shouldn't have any children that aren't with Selina. Call me a selfish ***** but damnit that's how I want it!!! lol

Juntai
Originally posted by claybird
i don't think batman & son r cannon since batman son of the demon is noncannon. Who's the father of selina's daughter? Son of the Demon has apperently been moved into continuity. They did a rerelease of the issue at the same time the new arc involving the son kicked off.

roughrider
So Marvel cops out of history by having Skrull conspiracies; DC does it by letting SBP 'punch reality.' roll eyes (sarcastic)

Morridini
So no one seem to be willing to say when this is taking place. Sure it's from a plot-arc called Batman and Son, but is this taking place after One Year Later/After in the main continuity or what? I am planing on starting reading DC again sometime in the near future but still haven't read anything after IC.

endrict
LOL....Bruce is going to pay child support and ends up broke.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by endrict
LOL....Bruce is going to pay child support and ends up broke.

Is this before or after the boy tries to unsuccessfully kill him.

wuTa
Hey, I don't blame Wayne for banging Taila, who wouldn't, but you would think that the greatest detective in the world could have figured out he didn't use a rubber, or atleast there was a possiblilty she was knocked up, yea I know he was drugged, but c'mon, he's suppose to be the smartest, or second smartest(I forget which one, I know him and Luthor are top two, and than its Mr.T) man in DCU.

Mr Parker
you do huh? big grin

evan1100
That kid is a little hell raiser. I want to smack him so hard and when I read the issue (batman & son), I could see how annoyed Bruce was getting. But honestly, I'd have sex with Talia any day even if it resulted in having a punk ass kid. Even if I was drugged or not, I'd do Talia just as hard smile And since Talia was knocked up by Bruce Wayne (even if he was on drugs) she would have been sore for weeks.

In the graphic novel, Robin actually does get pissed off at Bruce's son so it's not hard to see that he's a shit head. I don't think Talia and her son will get in Bruce's way though because they seem to disappear alot and Talia is pretty wealthy (well off) so she doesn't need anything from Bruce (except maybe some rough sex).

Kovacs86
The majority of people here do understand the meaning of the word "wealthy". What was the point of your post besides educating us in basic English, may I ask? To state the obvious and make asinine comments? I really don't care about how you/ Batman would/ did **** Talia...

BruceSkywalker
Damian has a lot to prove as the new Robin

Red Superfly
I prefer the idea of Terry McGuiness (Batman Beyond) being his "son" that was revealled in the later Justice League episodes.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I prefer the idea of Terry McGuiness (Batman Beyond) being his "son" that was revealled in the later Justice League episodes.
Me too. At least more-so than this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.