Marriage Sucks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Corran
I married Miss Right. I just didn't know her first name was Always.

It's not true that married men live longer than single men. It only seems longer.

Losing a wife can be hard. In my case, it was almost impossible.

A man rushes into his house and yells to his wife, "Martha, pack up your things! I just won the California lottery!" Martha replies, "Shall I pack for warm weather or cold?" The man responds, "I don't care. Just so long as you're out of the house by noon!"

I haven't spoken to my wife for 18 months--I don't like to interrupt her.

In any arguement with her I always give in. What's the use? It's just my word against thousands of hers!

Did you hear about the new all-woman delivery company. It's called UPMS.They deliver your package when they darn well feel like it!

My wife ran off with my best friend..I sure do miss him!

How many women does it take to paint a wall? It depends on how hard you throw them.

Dexx
hehe, u married?

Mujaffa
Hey Bundy.... laughing laughing out loud

Gundark
laughing out loud

finti
fooled the marriage demon.

queeq
You just didn't sign the paper, finti, you did just about everything else. evil face

finti
at least I can say I am not married, and that counts a lot wink

Gundark
Is it as common for unmarried people to live together over there as it is over here, finti ?

queeq
I think it is everywhere in the West.

Gundark
My parents have been married for 52 years. Amazing.

finti
Yes Gundy, the church are worried about all the couples living together without being married. The couples that live together have the same rights as married couples if they should split up. Used to be different rules for those but it aint anymore.
52 years, that is impressive. Makes you really belive in Love dont it.......

Gundark
Yes. They're still very much in love.

And my brother and sister and I have all been divorced.

Go figure.

finti
do you all cock? ...... big grin evil face

Captain REX
My grandparents were married 50 years. It would have been 51 had my grandpa not died. sad

Dexx
sorry to hear that man

Gundark
finti - confused

finti
it was ment as a joke Gundy, those of my friends that are split up. I tell them that it was because of they couldnt cook and ...oh I misspelled cook embarrasment Oh I see that came out wrong alright embarrasment embarrasment :shy: ........actually it just became funny laughing out loud embarrasment :shy: embarrasment

mechmoggy
Sounds sordid to me chap.

I'll be married for 2 years next month. Yay me!! big grin

finti
oh good job.
Me and Monika has been together for 7 years now, living together for 6

mechmoggy
Me and Mrs.Mech ,(Sorry Ush - Mrs.Mech and I stick out tongue ), have been together for 7 years and living together for 4.

finti
took a while to take the daring step then big grin

mechmoggy
Not really, we met when I was 18 and she was 16. We bought our house around my 21st b'day, not bad for a young couple.

To be fair, I'd left home at 16 and had 2 crazy crazy years of partying and was happy to finally find a "keeper".

finti
gatekeeper big grin and Mech about your neighbours mailbox, when are you gonna piss in it

LaurenE147
I feel it is inappropriate for Corran to talk about things he knows nothing about. Like anything to do with women and sex.

finti
laughing out loud good one LE147

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

Harsh but fair.

Gundark
And poor Corran isn't even here to defend himself.

He's really only half a cad.... laughing out loud

Corran
I'd like to say I know nothing about these things however having been married for nearly 6 years with 2 children, and having another child to one of my previous relationships I feel I am able to comment on the said subjects quite knowledgeably.
I agree with Lauren that people should not comment on things they know nothing about so I don't expect Lauren to comment on many things from hereonin.

finti
great comeback

Pinky
Is it just me or do u feel too a little fight to come between Corran and Lauren.
Btw is everybody here married?Or it was married?

Corran
No, I will not fight with Lauren, I have merely pointed out the flaw in her post and then thrown in a little comment to allow Lauren a comeback of her own, if she wishes to take the bait.

Pinky
Oh you're a tricky one aren't u?

finti
no

Gundark
Was.

finti
never gonna be

Gundark
May or may not again.

Corran
not going to be soon.

finti
thought you said you had been married for six years

Corran
Yep, I am currently married - still, for the time being. I have been married for Nearly 6 years now, but do not forsee it going past 6-7 years.

mah
that's sad

Corran
Yes well, life goes, it could be worse I could be French.

Dexx
what do u ppl have with french?

Corran
It's not just the English, ALL of their nearest neighbours do not like them, the spanish don't , the Italians don't, the Germans don't seem fussed, the Belgians - well you can ask Yerss his opinion of them when he gets back.

Gundark
I never met a french person. But then you don't really see many around here in PA......

Pinky
I am in France currently and i can tell u i hate french ppl!!! mad
The things that bothers me most is that if u go somewhere and u ask for directions in english ,even if they understand u they still won't help u ,in the best case they will answer u in french(and even if u understand a little french they speak it so fast and i don't differnet in a way that u don't undersatnd a thing).If u speak in english to them they give a look that makes u embarrasment that u speak english!!!
French ppl suffer from a too too deep nationalism sense in my oppinion!

Gundark
*scratches France off travel list*

In that case, don't even bother with a postcard, just get the heck out of there, man !!

mah
just the other week I met two lovely french girls (who my sister knows) who visited here, they spoke good english and said they were eager to learn more, also by visiting other countries and so on. couldn't see anything wrong with them.

Gundark
Did you ask them for I.D. ?

mah
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gundark
Well I'm kidding of course. Do they have to take English as a subject or is it optional ?

mah
they probably has to, as in almost all countries. thing is though, since in big foreign-speaking countries like france, spain, germany etc. they dub all TV, movies and the likes so they don't experience any other english than that at school, so obviously they're not as good.

Pinky
Now I wasn't saying that french girls aren't nice cause they are wink BUT french people ,I don't know it's like they are ashamed to speak english in public ,it's like they would make shame of their language if they speak english!
Of course that if a french goes in an english speaking country he has to speak english weather he likes it or not!
I heard that it's and old rivalry between France and UK but this is to much!
My advice don't go to France if u don't know french or u don't have someone with u that knows or if u are goin to use the public transportation system to visit Paris!!!

Dexx
The rivalry between france in UK is a simple alliance called Concorde... wink

Pinky
BTW french subbed movies SUCK!!!!!It's one thing when u hear Wesley Snipes voice in Blade2 and it's another thing when u hear some stupid french guy voice instead of Blade.It most of the whole movie specially if the movie is a comedy!

Corran
It's unfair of us to make the sweeping generalisation that all French are bad, there will be some very nice French people, I myself know of a few, so Mah I am sure your acquantances were nice.
I too have found the reluctance to speak English, but have also found that if you at least attempt to speak French no matter how bad it is, the French people respect that and will then try to speak back in English to you, it is their natice tongue and a little more respectful to at least try.

Oh my god, that almost sounded sensible.

Pinky
Hey man i understand it's their native language and all BUT why the hell don't they speak english if they know it and they answer u in french still u questioned them in english!!!!????

Corran
Then it is you being rude and ignorant, if you are going to visit a country you should at least attempt to learn some basics of the primary language to help get you by, it's only good manners, so many people in this country complain about people coming here and their English not being very good, yet they will travel to other countries not even attempting to learn basic pleasantries, like hello and goodbye, let alone other things - it's just plain Rude. This does not mean I particularly like the French though they do make nice wine and cheeses.

Pinky
Hello!!!I just said they refuse to answer u in english even if they know it!!!They just answer in french!!!And the thing is that i understand english and believe me i do know a little french but they speak quite different then the way we teach it in school.

Dexx
First thing's first. Pinky...you do not know french...not even just a pinky wink
And there is a thing with this english domination. everyone's tempted to say.....oh, i know english, english is the most spread language on earth...i can manage anywhere. I would feel a little upset too if someone comes to my country and spks english and i go to his country and spk his language ( english in this case)

finti
Actually it is optional and a lot of the students in non english speaking countries in Europe chose French as a second language.

We had, a while back, a French worker (living in Stavanger) bitching about that so few spoke French here. How was he to be understood when hardly no one spoke French in Stavanger... Just show their arrogance.

Pinky
No argue here finti ,french ppl are arogant!
Dexx i may not know how to write correctly in french but believe me i can say "I want to buy two tickets please" and "Hello" ,"Goodbye"...u know the elementary stuff.

finti
French is synonymous with arrogant

Pinky
That's why i hate'em!!! mad

Corran
Hates a little harsh, how about detest instead?

Pinky
I guess detest works as well...though sometimes i really hate'em!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.