Superman vs GL Kyle..........Winks at Vally

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Which hero wins?? The Man of Steel, or the Emerald Gladiator??

Genis101
Superman. IMO the only standard GLs that can take a majority over Superman are Hal and John.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Genis101
Superman. IMO the only standard GLs that can take a majority over Superman are Hal and John. Nooooooo john would get obliterated. Kyle is waay more powerful than John Stewart

Genis101
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Nooooooo john would get obliterated. Kyle is waay more powerful than John Stewart

I doubt that. IMO Hal > John > Kyle > Guy (Tho potential-wise Guy is actually the most powerful which he showed in Recharge.) John Stewart has actually beaten Hal in one-on-one confrontations before.

UniOmni
John already put him down in Rebirth.

Kyle is easily a match for Superman.

Unless your version of Kyle still has that ugly face guard type mask??

Big Sexy
I doubt that. IMO Hal > John > Kyle > Guy (Tho potential-wise Guy is actually the most powerful which he showed in Recharge.) John Stewart has actually beaten Hal in one-on-one confrontations before. I always knew Hal was the strongest because of his will but I always thought kyle was second.

kgkg
Superman. IMO the only standard GLs that can take a majority over Superman are Hal and John. lol John couldn't see supes movement........ his best willed construct couldn't hold Superman. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Any GL can beat Superman if they start using some of their powers they have shown rather than just basic construct.

Superman does have speed at his side.

In comic Superman can give any GL (and has) a good fight

Genis101
I always knew Hal was the strongest because of his will but I always thought kyle was second.

Nope. John is second. Then Kyle. Then Guy. But when Guy actually goes all out and actually takes it seriously, he's probly the most powerful, leaving Kyle last (other than Kilowog).

kgkg
Nope. John is second. Then Kyle. Then Guy. But when Guy actually goes all out and actually takes it seriously, he's probly the most powerful, leaving Kyle last (other than Kilowog). Kyle last?

John second? eek!

bigbran
I doubt that. IMO Hal > John > Kyle > Guy (Tho potential-wise Guy is actually the most powerful which he showed in Recharge.) John Stewart has actually beaten Hal in one-on-one confrontations before. Let me guess, JLU?

Genis101
Originally posted by bigbran
Let me guess, you judge this off of JLU?

Nope, i dont even watch that. (Thats the show right?)

And Kg thats called jobbing on John's part. If you wanna count jobbing, we can also count Wonder Man busting through Kyle's shields since JLA/Avengers is canon.

bigbran

And Kg thats called jobbing on John's part. If you wanna count jobbing, we can also count Wonder Man busting through Kyle's shields since JLA/Avengers is canon. You count that? eek!

I guess you haven't seen Kyle fight Parallax?

kgkg

And Kg thats called jobbing on John's part. If you wanna count jobbing, we can also count Wonder Man busting through Kyle's shields since JLA/Avengers is canon. we can't sorry lol.

Genis101
You count that? eek!

I guess you haven't seen Kyle fight Parallax?

If you count John's jobbing to Superman, then i count Kyle's jobbing to Wonder Man. And whats wrong with counting JLA/Avengers as valid evidence? Both companies have referred to it on panel as canon evidence. And Kyle fighting Parallax was a good showing, and he didnt even do that well. I have scans of both fights. Neither one of them did he do anything impressive other than lasting a few pages. Either way, it's not something John could not have done.

kgkg
If you count John's jobbing to Superman, then i count Kyle's jobbing to Wonder Man. And whats wrong with counting JLA/Avengers as valid evidence? Both companies have referred to it on panel as canon evidence. And Kyle fighting Parallax was a good showing, and he didnt even do that well. I have scans of both fights. Neither one of them did he do anything impressive other than lasting a few pages. Either way, it's not something John could not have done.
few things didn't work out in JLA/Avenger.

They trashed Kyle like a newb.

WM pawnage , his energy getting jacked did I miss something?

and Superman has done feats of strength capable of breaking construct since it happens in regular basis

bigbran
If you count John's jobbing to Superman, I haven't seen John do to many things, that would count that as jobbing.

then i count Kyle's jobbing to Wonder Man. So your comparing a big bang to Wonder Man?

And whats wrong with counting JLA/Avengers as valid evidence? Because the whole thing was pis! I bet you think that Storm would beat Wonder Woman!

Both companies have referred to it on panel as canon evidence.Not Marvel, please try again after the beap!

And Kyle fighting Parallax was a good showing, and he didnt even do that well. No, he didn't stand up to a major force that was able to fight Spectre. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I have scans of both fights. Neither one of them did he do anything impressive other than lasting a few pages. And this is bad?? laughing I don't think you realize how powerful Parallax is/was.
But you also think Classic Ion was below Galactus...

Either way, it's not something John could not have done.
Show me anything that would even remotely support what you have just said there.

Lucid Lui
John > Kyle?

Funny stuff.

Genis101
I haven't seen John do to many things, that would count that as jobbing.

So your comparing a big bang to Wonder Man?

Because the whole thing was pis! I bet you think that Storm would beat Wonder Woman!

Not Marvel, please try again after the beap!

No, he didn't stand up to a major force that was able to fight Spectre. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And this is bad?? laughing I don't think you realize how powerful Parallax is/was.
But you also think Classic Ion was below Galactus...

Show me anything that would even remotely support what you have just said there.

Im not comparing Wondy to a big bang. Thats why im calling it jobbing. Cuz whether you like it or not, it still happened.

Storm beat Wonder Woman in DC vs MArvel. TOTALLY DIFFERENT. DC vs Marvel was not considered canon. JLA/Avengers was.

What did Classic Ion ever do that put him at Full Power Galactus level? Do you realize that at Full Power, Galactus = Eternity? So therefore, show me some evidence that shows that Classic Ion was more powerful than the Living Embodiment of the main Marvel Universe.

Anyways im goin to bed i got work tomorrow at 6 and it's already almost 2. Nite guys. Cya tomorrow

UniOmni
Classic Ion had the option of going back in time, and undoing everything that Hal did as Parallax.
Parallax who rewrote the universe??
When has Galactus done as much??

bigbran
Im not comparing Wondy to a big bang. Thats why im calling it jobbing. Cuz whether you like it or not, it still happened. Then why bring it up?
I don't like Wolverine stabbing Thanos, am I just supposed to roll over and take it in the tailpipe?

Storm beat Wonder Woman in DC vs MArvel. TOTALLY DIFFERENT. DC vs Marvel was not considered canon. JLA/Avengers was.It wasn't canon to Marvel. Plus I'm pointing out how much shit crossovers are for your main arguements.

What did Classic Ion ever do that put him at Full Power Galactus level? Do you realize that at Full Power, Galactus = Eternity? So therefore, show me some evidence that shows that Classic Ion was more powerful than the Living Embodiment of the main Marvel Universe. So does that mean that Ion, can rewrite Eternity?
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/4544/greenlanternv3150pg12aw2.th.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4580/greenlanternv3150pg13xa2.th.jpg
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8450/greenlanternv3150pg14oi9.th.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8466/greenlanternv3150pg15mp1.th.jpg
(courtesy of Juggernaut 66666)

Anyways im goin to bed i got work tomorrow at 6 and it's already almost 2. Nite guys. Cya tomorrow Ya see ya.

Blair Wind
John>>>Kyle? What the f**k? whos smoking the crack?

MattDay
the only two i think can take the current superman, who is pretty damn tough at the moment, is hal and kyle and they could lose still, although they have, superman, hal and kyle have beaten eachother or bested the other one way or another

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
John > Kyle?

Funny stuff. Originally posted by Blair Wind
John>>>Kyle? What the f**k? whos smoking the crack? Indeed.

batdude123
Kyle 6/10

juggernaut66666
Superman. IMO the only standard GLs that can take a majority over Superman are Hal and John.
Kyle is a way better GL then John no expression

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by batdude123
Kyle 6/10 Did you actually think long and hard about that or just arbitrarily choose a number out of ten?

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Did you actually think long and hard about that or just arbitrarily choose a number out of ten?

Kyle should win the slight majority, but Superman always has the speedblitz on his side. erm After all, Kyle is still a human.

xmarksthespot
Kyle should win the slight majority, but Superman always has the speedblitz on his side. erm After all, Kyle is still a human. Oh. I was just curious. What about auto-defenses.

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Oh. I was just curious. What about auto-defenses.

That's only for lethal strikes about to come in. Although, that doesn't happen very often. And, Lanterns have been killed before they could react as well. erm

jrodslam
Nope. John is second. Then Kyle. Then Guy. But when Guy actually goes all out and actually takes it seriously, he's probly the most powerful, leaving Kyle last (other than Kilowog).

Actually, Guy would be tied for #1 with Hal if he ever decided to focus and not be an ass. Because he doesnt he loses rank in many ppl's eyes. Would i say John is second in overall power? Tied for 3rd actually imo.

If John and Kyle were to actually battle, John has the experience edge, but i do think Kyles willpower and creativeness outmatches John's.

jrodslam
A speedblitz from Supermancan only do so much against one of the top GL's. Les not forget that their regular aura armor can withstand loads of punishment. Thats usually always on while in flight mode. I dont think a speedblitz from Superman is knocking Kyle out.

batdude123
Originally posted by jrodslam
A speedblitz from Supermancan only do so much against one of the top GL's. Les not forget that their regular aura armor can withstand loads of punishment. Thats usually always on while in flight mode. I dont think a speedblitz from Superman is knocking Kyle out.

Yes, I know. However, 100's of those punches per nanosecond could hurt him pretty badly. smile

And Superman's top strength feat is moving an object equal to a solar system.

jrodslam
Yes, I know. However, 100's of those punches per nanosecond could hurt him pretty badly. smile

And Superman's top strength feat is moving an object equal to a solar system.

Superman can deliver 100's of punches per nanosecond on a GL?no Thats highly unlikely whether the GL is expecting it or not.

What obect did Supes move that was equal to a solar system? Either way, Lanterns have survived supernovas. And les not forget about the mattermanipulating abilities of a Lantern.

batdude123
Superman can deliver 100's of punches per nanosecond on a GL?no Thats highly unlikely whether the GL is expecting it or not.

What obect did Supes move that was equal to a solar system? Either way, Lanterns have survived supernovas. And les not forget about the mattermanipulating abilities of a Lantern.

He could, possibly. A nanosecond is a lot faster than a human can react to. By that time, he'd certainly be KO'd or worse.

Maggeddon.

Hey, I'm agreeing with you. I see Kyle taking the slight majority here. erm

jrodslam
He could, possibly. A nanosecond is a lot faster than a human can react to. By that time, he'd certainly be KO'd or worse.

Maggeddon.

Hey, I'm agreeing with you. I see Kyle taking the slight majority here. erm

Doubt it unless Kyle isnt even wearing the ring nor has his armor up.

All in all, we do agree on the outcome of this fight.

batdude123
Doubt it unless Kyle isnt even wearing the ring nor has his armor up.

All in all, we do agree on the outcome of this fight.

Right, but if Kyle already had his armor up, that would imply a little bit of prep time before the match started. erm Superman's overall speed and reaction speeds garner him getting 4/10 against Kyle imo. They've had some good battles in the past.

Yes we do. thumbsup

jrodslam
Right, but if Kyle already had his armor up, that would imply a little bit of prep time before the match started. erm

I wouldnt say that. When a GL powers up, the aura is usually on off the bat about 75% of the time.

batdude123
I wouldnt say that. When a GL powers up, the aura is usually on off the bat about 75% of the time.

That's true. wink However, their shielding constructs are much more durable.

D-Block
I always knew Hal was the strongest because of his will but I always thought kyle was second.

me to

Soleran
Superman so wins this fight, again.

Validus
Kyle takes this 6 or 7/10.

As for Kyle Vs John.

John's good. Kyle's better.

The only way you could possibly believe otherwise is if you support the notion that experience matters despite comics proving it doesn't in 9 out of 10 cases. He isn't in Kyle's ballpark when it comes to feats.

UniOmni
Vally, what are the best books with Kyle in them?
GL books, that is.

I'm about to update my tpb collection, but its lacking on GL titles.
What are kyles best tpbs??

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
Vally, what are the best books with Kyle in them?
GL books, that is.

I'm about to update my tpb collection, but its lacking on GL titles.
What are kyles best tpbs??
Power of Ion is like essential Kyle reading. I always looked at that story as more a showcase of his personality than his power level.

Also

New Journey, Old Path
Passing the Torch
Traitor
Emerald Allies

Though it's not a Kyle Rayner book, I think the Willworld TPB is essential GL stuff too.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Validus
Power of Ion is like essential Kyle reading. I always looked at that story as more a showcase of his personality than his power level.

Also

New Journey, Old Path
Passing the Torch
Traitor
Emerald Allies

Though it's not a Kyle Rayner book, I think the Willworld TPB is essential GL stuff too.

Agreed. I had no idea Traitor had a paperback. That's the actual name of the book?

Validus
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Agreed. I had no idea Traitor had a paperback. That's the actual name of the book?
Yeah, I just found out about it myself. You'd be surprised what books you come across on the DC site. embarrasment

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=1359

UniOmni
Power of Ion goes for about 100$ on Amazon. I'll skip that one.

And i can't find WillWorld.

Avalonofthewind
Power of Ion goes for about 100$ on Amazon. I'll skip that one.

And i can't find WillWorld.

Damnnn...you serious? I picked it up for cover price at the comic shop.

Have you tried amazon? They usually have rare books for cover price.

Yeah, I just found out about it myself. You'd be surprised what books you come across on the DC site. embarrasment

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=1359

Looks like my pocket is about to cry some more as I drain it's lifeforce dry.

Validus
Yeah, 100 bucks is ridiculous. WTF? blink

I found it at cover price in a Borders book store. That place can be a goldmine sometimes.
Looks like my pocket is about to cry some more as I drain it's lifeforce dry.
I need to save for a Wii. sad

UniOmni
Its out of print.......And i just searched Borders online.

They don't have it at the one in my area.

I wanna Wii too, but without preorders, its probably going to be hopeless.

batdude123

I found it at cover price in a Borders book store. That place can be a goldmine sometimes.

I've found some stuff at Borders and Barnes & Nobles that I couldn't find at a comic store. wacko

Validus
Its out of print.......And i just searched Borders online.

They don't have it at the one in my area.

I wanna Wii too, but without preorders, its probably going to be hopeless.
Last fall I waited out at night for Xbox 360.

Never again.....

Avalonofthewind

Same here, I'm about to buy my second DS Lite. Giving the 1st one to wifey as a gift.

I'll be on the lookout for the traitor book, from what I saw, he's ridiculously powerful.

UniOmni
Damn dude. You must be rich.

A Wii and a 360??

PS3 later as well??

With me, its nearly always one next generation system at launch, and then i buy the games for the one i want, and let them collect dust until the system price drops substantially.

I had alot of ps2 rpgs for years before i purchased a ps2 itself.

Avalonofthewind

Same here, I'm about to buy my second DS Lite. Giving the 1st one to wifey as a gift.

I'll be on the lookout for the traitor book, from what I saw, he's ridiculously powerful.

Uni... reserve your Wii at FYE electronics...they do preorders and nobody ever thinks of going to them first. wink

batdude123
I'm probably gonna get the Wii and PS3. They're gonna be HELL to get... sad

Validus
Damn dude. You must be rich.

A Wii and a 360??

PS3 later as well??

With me, its nearly always one next generation system at launch, and then i buy the games for the one i want, and let them collect dust until the system price drops substantially.

I had alot of ps2 rpgs for years before i purchased a ps2 itself.
Nah, I'm a broke college student. I had some leftover money from my grant which I used on 360. Wii is cheap enough for me to save for. PS3? Don't really care for it but it has a few games I NEED to have.

UniOmni
Damn, you give out vgames as gifts??

Last girlfriend i had, merely tolerated them and my love for them. There's a reason why she's past tense.

Good look Avy for the FYE note.

juggernaut66666
Kyle 7-8/10

batdude123
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Kyle 7-8/10

6/10

juggernaut66666
6/10
7-8 sounds better cause i hate superman

Soleran
7-8 sounds better cause i love superman

Avalonofthewind
Damn, you give out vgames as gifts??

Last girlfriend i had, merely tolerated them and my love for them. There's a reason why she's past tense.

Good look Avy for the FYE note.

Not so much gifts as fancy hand me downs... laughing

I'm getting a ds lite in black and giving her the white one(which is still practically brand new) since I bought her Nintendogs and I know I won't see it now. It's like when I got my mac mini, I gave my sister my imac.

I like to see people really big grin when I give them something.

batdude123
I have a PSP. shock

Soleran
I have a sega genesis and atari 2600 still.

Avalonofthewind
My dreamcast gets more play than my ps2 or psp.

Blair Wind
I have super nintendo with around 40 games......

and a PS1 and PS2 big grin

batdude123
Originally posted by Soleran

Sega genesis is the shit. The first Mortal Combat is a beast. rock

juggernaut66666
I have a Ps2 cool

Validus
I would kill to still have my Genesis. sad

batdude123
I have an old school gameboy, a PSP, a playstation, a supernintendo, a sega genesis, a nintendo 64, and a playstation 2.

Avalonofthewind
I'd kill to get my genesis to display progressive scan. sad

Soleran
I would kill to still have my Genesis. sad

I have two of them! Maybe I should put one on ebay lol

There was a hidden game in Sega Genesis! No cartridge was required

Blair Wind
are we doing a rundown? 2 of the OLD gameboys with like 30 games, Super Nintendo, PS1/PS2, The gameboy...um the little square black one cant remember the name. Yea......not much I know

Validus
I'd kill to get my genesis to display progressive scan. sad
That too. laughing out loud
I have two of them! Maybe I should put one on ebay lol

There was a hidden game in Sega Genesis! No cartridge was required
Genesis was classic between first few Sonic games and all the great action games. Ahhh, memories. weep

batdude123
Genesis was classic between first few Sonic games and all the great action games. Ahhh, memories. weep

MORTAL COMBAT!!! cool

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
are we doing a rundown? 2 of the OLD gameboys with like 30 games, Super Nintendo, PS1/PS2, The gameboy...um the little square black one cant remember the name. Yea......not much I know

My turn, My turn!

Nes, Snes, Genesis, ps1, ps2, Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Gba Sp, Ds lite, Neo Geo pocket bw & Color, and Psp. A wii will soon be added to that list, Xbox 360 is still suspect to me, and PS3 is costly enough that I'll have to debate it for a while.

That too. laughing out loud

Streets of Rage series, how I miss thee!

batdude123
I have an old school gameboy, a PSP, a playstation, a supernintendo, a sega genesis, a nintendo 64, and a playstation 2.

Oh yeah!! Add an X-Box and a couple arcades. cool

Avalonofthewind
Oh yeah!! Add an X-Box and a couple arcades. cool

Emulators don't count. cool

Validus
MORTAL COMBAT!!! cool
Street Fighter > Mortal Kombat!

My turn, My turn!

Nes, Snes, Genesis, ps1, ps2, Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamecube, Gba Sp, Ds lite, Neo Geo pocket bw & Color, and Psp. A wii will soon be added to that list, Xbox 360 is still suspect to me, and PS3 is costly enough that I'll have to debate it for a while.
My turn.

Let's see. SNES, Genesis (w/broken power cable sad ), PS1, PS2, Saturn, Gamecube, Dreamcast, GBA, Xbox. Wii coming soon, PS3 probably next year when the big hits are out, and I want a DS Lite.
Streets of Rage series, how I miss thee!
Easily one of my favorite games. cool

batdude123
Street Fighter > Mortal Kombat!

Uh... no. no expression

Validus
Uh... no. no expression
MK is trash.

batdude123
MK is trash.

YOU SUCK!!!!

Oh, and Sonic also kicks ass.

And did I mention you suck?

batdude123
Emulators don't count. cool

Fine, then just add the X-Box. sad

UniOmni
I got my first system at the age of sixteen.

My parents easily had the money to get us all the systems, but saw how shabbily my cousins treated things that cost upwards of 200$.

So they said we had to either make honor roll, and get a trip to the islands, or pick our choice of systems.

We went to the cuban cabana of course.

My first job doing tobacco, got me my first system, a psone.

Since then, i've only had a ps2 and gamecube, with a gameboy advance.
But don't pity me.

I played all the systems at my cousins or friends houses.

Imo, WCW/NWO: Revenge is easily the best wrestling game of all time.

batdude123
Imo, WCW/NWO: Revenge is easily the best wrestling game of all time.

No Mercy is better. big grin

Avalonofthewind
MK is trash.

Agreed. I don't know how people pulled out gameplay from that amateurish mess.

Validus
All of the N64 wrestling games kicked ass. Revenge, World Tour, Wrestlemania and No Mercy. They don't make them like that anymore. sad

Agreed. I don't know how people pulled out gameplay from that amateurish mess.
Here's all the MK strategy you need.

Leg sweep, leg sweep, leg sweep, leg sweep, leg sweep, win.

batdude123
All of the N64 wrestling games kicked ass. Revenge, World Tour, Wrestlemania and No Mercy. They don't make them like that anymore. sad

World Tour is primitive compared to No Mercy and Revenge.

UniOmni

Here's all the MK strategy you need.

Leg sweep, leg sweep, leg sweep, leg sweep, leg sweep, win.

Imo, MK was simply the herald of the GTA age of gaming.

Blood and risky content, for the sake of doing it. Doesn't liven the gameplay itself, but gets itself noticed.

Like the girls at the party making out with each other, though they don't really find girls sexy........Doing it to get attention.

They get the sick face.

Avalonofthewind

Blood and risky content, for the sake of doing it. Doesn't liven the gameplay itself, but gets itself noticed.

Like the girls at the party making out with each other, though they don't really find girls sexy........Doing it to get attention.

They get the sick face.

This makes absolute perfect sense in SO many ways. laughing

Superboy Prime
I just have a 360. For snes/genesis/nes/whatever else I have the roms.

=)

I'm happy with the 360. I might get a Wii, but $600 for another console is too much even for me. Besides only game that I'd kill for is MGS4.

Avalonofthewind
Exactly. I LOVE MGS games but I won't drop $600+ for one.
I'll cry as I watch the beautiful graphics that could be displaying on my hdtv but I'll hold firm until I see what other games come out for that system.

For now Soul Calibur 3 and Guitar Hero will have to do. *sniff*

Validus
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I just have a 360. For snes/genesis/nes/whatever else I have the roms.

=)

I'm happy with the 360. I might get a Wii, but $600 for another console is too much even for me. Besides only game that I'd kill for is MGS4.
Yeah, MGS4 looks nuts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/roundtable-173-the-declining-state-.gif

Superboy Prime
We need to start a support group. The future looks rough...

*Sniff*

juggernaut66666
soon there will be a Darkness game smile

Avalonofthewind
Yeah, MGS4 looks nuts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/roundtable-173-the-declining-state-.gif

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!

Juntai

They get the sick face. GTA is proof that if you half-ass a LOTTT of content, as long as there's plenty of violence and other shameless obseneties, people won't really notice... but in fact, praise you for it.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Juntai
GTA is proof that if you half-ass a LOTTT of content, as long as there's plenty of violence and other shameless obseneties, people won't really notice... but in fact, praise you for it.

No dude
That's Tekken and it's mini games.

UniOmni
Tekken is ass. Period.

I played Tekken 4 on the ps2, and cried at how hard it fell.

No fluid movement, can't even jump. Just pure wacksauce.

And GTA is overrated beyond compare.

Validus
Fellow GTA detractors? You guys are now like my brothers. love

Avalonofthewind
GTA - A brand new frisbee was born in my home. smile

SNK VS CAPCOM on NG pocket >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any Mortal Komcrap.

Soleran
The Pride Fighting game was the best fight game!

Graphics weren't so good but all the counters/strikes/grappling were based on real fighting and styles.

Big Sexy
Tekken is ass. Period.

I played Tekken 4 on the ps2, and cried at how hard it fell.

No fluid movement, can't even jump. Just pure wacksauce.

And GTA is overrated beyond compare. What I find is the problem is that they keep recycling the fighting styles and updating the graphics a little with each new installment. Thats why the MK flopped by the time 4 came out.

UniOmni
Your sig reflects my feeling on any and all ufc games, baka. Even the dreamcast ones.

Big Sexy
GTA - A brand new frisbee was born in my home. smile

SNK VS CAPCOM on NG pocket >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any Mortal Komcrap. I liked six dude and as far as gamplay dont start when we can talk about Mbisons sweep in Street fighter 2

juggernaut66666
I liked six dude and as far as gamplay dont start when we can talk about Mbisons sweep in Street fighter 2
mbison is cool!

Soleran
mbison is cool!

He's a communist slum leader!

Big Sexy
mbison is cool! The damn sweep could keep keep anyone from getting up because when timed right you cant block it.

Superboy Prime
MK doesn't compare to SF.

It never has, it never will.

The sooner people accept this the sooner they find peace.

Big Sexy
MK doesn't compare to SF.

It never has, it never will.

The sooner people accept this the sooner they find peace. What ever dude. I havent seen a decent street fighter in years.

Validus
The SNK and Capcom games are wondertabulous. Watching two really skilled players go at it brings a tear to my eye.

batdude123
What ever dude. I havent seen a decent street fighter in years.

Street Fighter to me is average at best.

Big Sexy
Besides after playing guilty gear I can't go back to street fighter.

Soleran
Tekken is where it's at.

Big Sexy
Street Fighter to me is average at best. Agreed. MK rules rock

Superboy Prime
There have been no new SF in years :P

batdude123
Agreed. MK rules rock

thumb up

Superboy Prime
High level Tekken is poetry.

However all the juggling annoys me.

Big Sexy
There have been no new SF in years :P Well you got
Snk vs streetfighter thumb down
Street Fighter Ex3 thumb down

Street fighters only saving points are the crossovers

Superboy Prime
Just the crossovers?

SF 3 Third Strike is brilliant. Any 2d fighter besides it don't even come close besides Guilty Gear.

However that's just my opinion.

Validus
Third Strike and Alpha 3 > 90% of all fighting games

Tekken is ok but Virtua Fighter owns it.

Superboy Prime
SNK vs Street Fighter?

If you mean SNKvCapcom: Chaos that wasn't made by Capcom. And I agree it sucks ass. Only thing I like about it is Violent Ken.

Superboy Prime

cheers

Big Sexy
Just the crossovers?

SF 3 Third Strike is brilliant. Any 2d fighter besides it don't even come close besides Guilty Gear.

However that's just my opinion. I never like three. And the alpha series was recycled with every crossover to the point where almost any street-fighter was the same

Avalonofthewind

Agreed. Soul Calibur owns Tekken as well.

Alpha 2 owns any MK game to date.

Big Sexy

Tekken is ok but Virtua Fighter owns it. mad for the love of God what the hell does everyone see in Virtual fighter. Am I the only one who hates that series?

Soleran

They pretty much made Tekken and Virtua Fighter very similar in purchasing things and what not.

VF1 and two I liked much better then Tekken at the time but now I prefer Tekken over the VF.

Big Sexy
Agreed. Soul Calibur owns Tekken as well.

Alpha 2 owns any MK game to date. I gotta say that Guilty Gear give is better than any streetfighter. MKis still popular, its not as fluid as Sould Calibur because of the learning curve but I loved the MK series way more than the streetfighter

Validus
mad for the love of God what the hell does everyone see in Virtual fighter. Am I the only one who hates that series?
My friends hate it too. Probably because I cream them at it. It's not easy to get into. They all love Tekken and DOA though.

Superboy Prime
People like complexity and lots of options in their games. That is why VF4 > Tekken 4, 5 in hardcore fighting gamer's eyes. However I prefer Tekken, but I still see what many others love about VF4.

Validus
Tekken 5 was a huge step up from 4 aside from that all too cheesy final boss. Jesus that was lame.

Soleran
hmm i certainly prefered Tekken 5 over vf4.

Big Sexy
Tekken 5 was a huge step up from 4 aside from that all too cheesy final boss. Jesus that was lame. Jin pache laughing I actually thought tekken was at its peak for me with tekken tag tournament

Superboy Prime
Jinpachi...There was no need for an SNK Boss Syndrome induced final battle...Ugh.

Superboy Prime
My Fav. Tekken is Tag.

Gotta love spamming them EWGFs with Jin and Heihachi.

Big Sexy
My Fav. Tekken is Tag.

Gotta love spamming them EWGFs with Jin and Heihachi. thumb up I liked the bowling game on the side.

Validus
Jin pache laughing I actually thought tekken was at its peak for me with tekken tag tournament
Oh yeah, I'm a pretty big fan of Tekken Tag too.

Soleran
Tekken Tag was alot of fun.

Bowling was fun also lol.

UniOmni
Streetfighter = King of Fighting games.

Factual statement right there people!!

Soul Calibur >>> Tekken, Mk, DOA, and Virtua Fighter.

Best technical 3d fighting game ever. And i'd beast alot of you with Nightmare probably.

Only person with a chance of beating me is someone who's really skilled with Taki. Barring that, i stomp.

Validus
Soul Calibur = Meh

2nd was fun. 3rd? No thanks. Never played the first or Soul Edge. Weapons based fighting doesn't really do it for me.

UniOmni
2nd was top deck. Third, they watered down alot, but its still a great game.

Avalonofthewind
Agreed.

Street Fighter and KOF are the best 2d fighting games by quite a bit... especially KOF 98.

Validus
I prefer 2001 by a hair bit.

Avalonofthewind
2001 is up there with 98. Damn, the ownage I provided between Shingo, Maxima, K9999, and Takuma was legendary. smile

2002 ruined Yashiro by removing moves which pissed me off.

bigbran
Everyone back on topic!!

Doesn't the Wii play all those old Nintendo games?
And I think the sega games.

Plus Zelda, Twilight Princess.drooliodroolio

Inhuman
Everyone back on topic!!

Doesn't the Wii play all those old Nintendo games?
And I think the sega games.

Plus Zelda, Twilight Princess.drooliodroolio

nes,super nes, nitendo 64, game cube, sega genisis, turbo graphics 16
Plus more to be anounced.

Validus
It plays Genesis games? I hadn't heard of that one.

Wii +1

bigbran
Originally posted by Inhuman
nes,super nes, nitendo 64, game cube, sega genisis, turbo graphics 16
Plus more to be anounced. I hope Mortal Kombat 3, the one with over 20 characters is on there.

bigbran
It plays Genesis games? I hadn't heard of that one.

Wii +1 You mean Wii + 2?
Seriously, all the old Nintendo games, sega, whatnot. Plus Virtual reality, plus good looking games, =droolio

Inhuman
You mean Wii + 2?
Seriously, all the old Nintendo games, sega, whatnot. Plus Virtual reality, plus good looking games, =droolio

If it sells like hot cakes then I pretty sure more companies will join in to make their games playable on the wii.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>