Parallax(Hal Jordan) vs Spawn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut66666
this is parallax from zero hour
1. 2nd age Spawn
2. 3rd age Spawn

Darth Martin
Too much power. eek!

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Too much power. eek!
so ?

Accel
Spawn loses horribly either way. Even God-like Spawn was more about Thor level than Parallax level.

Horrificus
later Spawn
Hal rules.

kevdude
Hal wins, goodbye Spawn.

Broly92
Originally posted by Accel
Spawn loses horribly either way. Even God-like Spawn was more about Thor level than Parallax level.
He was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr above skyfather at the least (and I hate Spawn) no expression

sexyking

Wtf confused confused What the f**k? "Even God-like Spawn was more about Thor level than Parallax level" What the f**k? What the f**k?

Parallax wins.

Mider999
spawn loses................THOUGH HE HAS THE GREEN WORLD SO HE MIGHT WIN HEHEHE sorry

Accel
Originally posted by Broly92
He was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr above skyfather at the least (and I hate Spawn) no expression
How so? He was ruler of Hell, that was it. He didn't really do any thing that Thor, Surfer or any Green Lantern couldn't do.

Any one want to argue those guys are Sky-Father level?
Originally posted by sexyking
Wtf confused confused What the f**k? "Even God-like Spawn was more about Thor level than Parallax level" What the f**k? What the f**k?

Parallax wins.
Rebuttal?

ExtraMision5555
Huh? 2nd age was a madman, althouhg i have no idea what pallrax was capable of so i guess i dont have anything to add. But 2nd age is WELLLLLLL BEYOND THOR level

Accel
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Huh? 2nd age was a madman, althouhg i have no idea what pallrax was capable of so i guess i dont have anything to add. But 2nd age is WELLLLLLL BEYOND THOR level
Again, how so? What's he done to put him at Sky-Father level?

He's frozen time. Green Lantern has done that.
He could feel the emotions of several people. Surfer's done that.
He took over Hell. Lobo has given problems to both Heaven and Hell.
He had a blast that could melt Heaven's gates. Thor has a Godblast that affects Sky-Father level beings.

I like Spawn, but he seems to be a little overrated sometimes.

sexyking
How so? He was ruler of Hell, that was it. He didn't really do any thing that Thor, Surfer or any Green Lantern couldn't do.

Any one want to argue those guys are Sky-Father level?

Rebuttal?

I would say read the spawn comics.

Accel
Originally posted by sexyking
I would say read the spawn comics.
I've read a good many of 'em. Still not convinced.

ExtraMision5555
Again, how so? What's he done to put him at Sky-Father level?

He's frozen time. Green Lantern has done that.
He could feel the emotions of several people. Surfer's done that.
He took over Hell. Lobo has given problems to both Heaven and Hell.
He had a blast that could melt Heaven's gates. Thor has a Godblast that affects Sky-Father level beings.

I like Spawn, but he seems to be a little overrated sometimes.

Well,

first, i would say that a comparirison of DC's hell to spawns hell is probably allready mis-contrasting things, ide be inclined to put spawns version(s) of hell in a stronger standing that Marvels or DC's

Rather, its much more extensive, than just another dimension per say.

In image hell its more along the lines of endless spectrums of hells, each with thier own ruler.
Keep in mind this verison of spawn was defying the rules of Heaven and Hell, IE weapons that were designed to kill him no longer worked on him. first age version of spawn also killed Maelbolgia who would be compareable to galactus (ALTHOUGH, at this time maelbolgia was weakened, but still incredibly strong. he did not have help from extra-dimensions of hell.). Not to mention spawn has a much greater healold-ish legion of hellspawns at his dispoasl

He also didnt have to worry about spending too much power in this state (2nd age atelast). And yes the things you mentioned, sure other people have done that. But spawn has done alot more interesting and strange things such as:

(first age feats)
-opening gateways to heaven, hell, ressurecting people,
-creating fires to burn things out of existance,
-dominateing lords of hell
(http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5484/spawn89222bz.jpg this was mammon, perhaps the closest thing to THE devil, and this guy was stronger than malebolgia)
-adding poison to peoples bloodstreams,
-easily resisting high level telepathy,
-Survivieing being impaled by Uzrien (who was an ancient dark god, and virtually unstoppable. it took the combind forces of heaven and hell to merely trap uzrien.),

(some second age feats)
-healing nigh-instantainously from something that would have previously put him down for a while
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/3601/spawn105174og.jpg
http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spawn10518196mn.jpg

-permnantly branding someones memory with eternal torment and pain
-moving techtonic plates in the earth causing a minor tidal wave
-defeating several super-vampires rather easily by wrapping them up in his chains and strikeing them with ultra-lightning (the vampires he easily dispatched of did not have the weakness of 'normal' vampires, they had to be destroyed completely, atoms vaporized, removed from existance because they had protection from heaven itself.)
-he then does battle with seven-hundred and seventy seven of these divinely protected vampires, and wins
a few scans:
http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=spawn112229rr.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zzpage173qm.jpg
-transmuateing weapons out of thin air
-this was also the age where he stopped time (no ring required, just spawns natural rawness as opposed to GL.)
-after spawn who was holding back is defaeted by smoeone (forgot who) he goes back to his hell, or rather was sent there. There he battles vile-hater the strongest demon in hell,and his huge army of demons. (vile hater easily punts away redeemer: http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bspawn119073gj.jpg) Spawn summons his own legion of extremely powerful hellspawns and fights vile hater. This fight was extremely impressive. although spawn was in his own dimension so he was able to use power from the 8th hell.
http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aaspawn120253ol.jpg

spawn was basicly in one of his finest hours here. This was basicly the end of 2nd age spawn. Even though 2nd age was a tad short, you can kind of see what he was truely capable of. He was literally godlike in his actions durring this time. His fight with Vile hater was extremely impressive becuase he was forced to fight an entire legion of extreeeeeeemely high level demons and vile hater himself. Eventually he is betrayed

http://img279.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aaspawn120154dd.jpg

spawn being reduced to 3rd age.

point being, Spawn transcends sky-father level IMO. ESPECIALLY, in his own dimenison.

Validus
Most of those feats are about Thor/Surfer/GL level. The only stuff that might put him above are the ambiguous feats involving Heaven and Hell. The fact that he has or had his own dimension makes me believe he's Skyfather level but certainly not beyond.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Validus
Most of those feats are about Thor/Surfer/GL level. The only stuff that might put him above are the ambiguous feats involving Heaven and Hell. The fact that he has or had his own dimension makes me believe he's Skyfather level but certainly not beyond.

Actually, after thinking about it more It would be a bit of a stretch to say he was the next level after skyfather, such as a full powered galactus or eternity.

Although, it would be a extremely underwhelming to put spawn at Thor/SS/Green lantern level (he would destory all of them, quite easily infact), i would have to agree that spawn is probably a VERY high skyfather, but a skyfather none the less

Accel

ExtraMision5555

Accel

draxx_tOfU
skyfather is a vague term anyway....

seriously, what can odin do? aside from being the king of asgard? fire uber strong energy blasts? matter manipulate? move at warp speeds? superior intelligence/wisdom?

i can name non-skyfathers who have those attributes....

mammon>>>>>>>odin
Lord Urizen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>odin

slight edge to parallax 6/10

spawn=thor

laughing

Jesse7
Did spawn defeat the Disciple or was he defeated by him? I know in their first fight The disciple ripped off spawns face, but in the next issue (did it come out yet?) did spawn win or lose?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Actually, after thinking about it more It would be a bit of a stretch to say he was the next level after skyfather, such as a full powered galactus or eternity.

Although, it would be a extremely underwhelming to put spawn at Thor/SS/Green lantern level (he would destory all of them, quite easily infact), i would have to agree that spawn is probably a VERY high skyfather, but a skyfather none the less

There is a step above Sky Father. It's called Entity lvl. Mephisto is beyond Skyfather but less than full abstract. He's an entity lvl being. So was 2nd age spawn.

Human
Super Human
Herald LvL
God
Sky Father
Entity
Abstract
Agents of God
God

Each of these has thier own inner lvls, but this is the general idea of power

Accel
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU

seriously, what can odin do? aside from being the king of asgard? fire uber strong energy blasts? matter manipulate? move at warp speeds? superior intelligence/wisdom?

mammon>>>>>>>odin

spawn=thor

laughing
I don't see why it's so laughable to suggest that Spawn was around Thor level this time. Practically every thing he did, Thor could replicate. Spawn has beaten/stalemated possible Sky-Fathers, but so has Thor (Galactus, Zues, etc)

Mammon >>> Odin? Based on what? Getting his eyelid scarred?

We know guys like Odin and Zeus are powerful because they have Galaxy-busting power. I don't recall Spawn ever displaying that kind of power.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I don't see why it's so laughable to suggest that Spawn was around Thor level this time. Practically every thing he did, Thor could replicate. Spawn has beaten/stalemated possible Sky-Fathers, but so has Thor (Galactus, Zues, etc)

We know guys like Odin and Zeus are powerful because they have Galaxy-busting power. I don't recall Spawn ever displaying that kind of power.

Agents of Heaven and Hell tend to be more powerful than Sky Fathers and Gods. In marvel, it's a little screwed. but since God and the Devil are pretty much the biggest players in the cosmos, thier more powerful agents tend to be more powerful since they have universal power and influence, where as sky father's tend to be solar system up to galaxy lvl in power. THo Galaxy is stretching it if you consider that Skyfather's come from the planets in which they are worshipped and rarely supass solar system lvl power. Spawn as a ruler in hell is entity lvl in power and would creme a godling like Thor.

thedude1948
What is so insulting about being called Thor level? from the Spawn comics ive read the Universe is alot weaker than either Marvel or DC. Nobody in the Spawn Universe is above Sky-father except "Mother".

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by thedude1948
What is so insulting about being called Thor level? from the Spawn comics ive read the Universe is alot weaker than either Marvel or DC. Nobody in the Spawn Universe is above Sky-father except "Mother".

Thor is a Super Hero. Superheroes highest power lvls tend to be high tier herald lvl. Spawn is above that. Spawn is not a super hero.

SOme of the higher heroes like Takion, and Genis Vell, tend to not be heroes in the true sense either.

Accel
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Agents of Heaven and Hell tend to be more powerful than Sky Fathers and Gods. In marvel, it's a little screwed. but since God and the Devil are pretty much the biggest players in the cosmos, thier more powerful agents tend to be more powerful since they have universal power and influence, where as sky father's tend to be solar system up to galaxy lvl in power. THo Galaxy is stretching it if you consider that Skyfather's come from the planets in which they are worshipped and rarely supass solar system lvl power. Spawn as a ruler in hell is entity lvl in power and would creme a godling like Thor.
Zauriel's a fallen angel and I doubt he's Sky-Father. Lobo has gotten thte better of Heaven and Hell and I'd say the same baout him as well.

Darkseid is an official Sky-Father. Wasn't he moving galaxies with his mind (or something crazy like that).

Beings like Odin or Surtur having galaxy busting powers doesn't mean they destroy our galaxy at some point.

And Thor vs Spawn? As I've said, almost any thing Spawn has done, Thor could replicate.

Accel
Thor is a Super Hero. Superheroes highest power lvls tend to be high tier herald lvl. Spawn is above that. Spawn is not a super hero.

SOme of the higher heroes like Takion, and Genis Vell, tend to not be heroes in the true sense either.
Of course he's a super-hero. No one will be comparing him to Superman or any thing, but he fits the general description (has powers, fights evil, etc).

nvrbeenwthagirl
Zauriel's a fallen angel and I doubt he's Sky-Father. Lobo has gotten thte better of Heaven and Hell and I'd say the same baout him as well.

Darkseid is an official Sky-Father. Wasn't he moving galaxies with his mind (or something crazy like that).

Beings like Odin or Surtur having galaxy busting powers doesn't mean they destroy our galaxy at some point.

And Thor vs Spawn? As I've said, almost any thing Spawn has done, Thor could replicate.

Look what you just wrote, FALLEN angel. Zuriel was no where near the power of Asmodel. Who was above sky father lvl. Normal SUperman would have never been able to fight Asmodel. Darkseid officially is said to be above every skyfather. Yet people on this board seem to think it's ok to call him an "upper skyfather". When highfather himself has said that the new gods are above every pantheon. And Odin is over rated. Dr. Strange can beat him. Bah.

Juntai

And Thor vs Spawn? As I've said, almost any thing Spawn has done, Thor could replicate. Zauriel as you see him isn't in his true angelic form.

Lobo has also defeated skyfathers. In fact, if you look in his respect thread, he defeated a pantheon by ripping them limb from limb.

ExtraMision5555

Take away the Hellspawn and Al becomes just an ordinary human himself. Or a corpse. Whatever.

In his 2nd age form, if you took away the hellspawn, there would be no spawn, he was pure Hellspawn in this form.

But anyways, to address your post, I just think you are skewing the point a little in contrast of Spawn to other people. Especially if you were to say anything spawn could do thor could replicate which just plain incorrect. Perhaps Rune King thor, but thor? Absolutely not. anyways, point being the sheer vastness and strength of the things spawn is capable of doing puts most hearolds to shame. And to put 2nd age spawn in the same leauge as Some of the people you listed is just, opinion or not, a grave mismatch. The simple fact that spawn was the ruler of the 8th hell is more than enough merit to induct him in the "Skyfather" level. Understanding what the hells in his universe are like would put it a bit more in perspective with his power level. It wouldent make sense to declassify Shuma-gorrath if he stepped outside of his dimension (hypotheticly). The same would apply to 2nd age spawn.

But this debate is makeing me question what exactly detemines a "skyfather"

Validus
Look what you just wrote, FALLEN angel. Zuriel was no where near the power of Asmodel. Who was above sky father lvl. Normal SUperman would have never been able to fight Asmodel. Darkseid officially is said to be above every skyfather. Yet people on this board seem to think it's ok to call him an "upper skyfather". When highfather himself has said that the new gods are above every pantheon. And Odin is over rated. Dr. Strange can beat him. Bah.
confused

nvrbeenwthagirl

But this debate is makeing me question what exactly detemines a "skyfather"

Anyone that is brought up that people dont' think deserve any more power than Odin. People on here act like you jump from skyfather to abstract lvl. When in fact the term in between power lvls is entity. Entities are used in comics all the time. But people on this board seem to forget about the entities. Spawn is an entity. Much more than sky father but not quite abstract lvl.

Accel
Originally posted by Juntai
Lobo has also defeated skyfathers. In fact, if you look in his respect thread, he defeated a pantheon by ripping them limb from limb.
I know, and many other top-tiers also have Sky-Fatheresque feats. But I wouldn't place him or any of the others at Sky-Father level either.

ExtraMision5555
Anyone that is brought up that people dont' think deserve any more power. People on here act like you jump from skyfather to abstract lvl. When in fact the term in between power lvls is entity. Entities are used in comics all the time. But people on this board seem to forget about the entities. Spawn is an entity. Much more than sky father but not quite abstract lvl.

Yeah, thats what i think about spawn too. Not quite abstract by any means, but He would beat ALOT of skyfathers.

Accel
In his 2nd age form, if you took away the hellspawn, there would be no spawn, he was pure Hellspawn in this form.
I'm referring to the costume, "Hellspawn," that he wore.
But anyways, to address your post, I just think you are skewing the point a little in contrast of Spawn to other people. Especially if you were to say anything spawn could do thor could replicate which just plain incorrect. Perhaps Rune King thor, but thor? Absolutely not.
I don't see why not. He HAS shown that Mjolnir possesses a crap-load of powers.
anyways, point being the sheer vastness and strength of the things spawn is capable of doing puts most hearolds to shame.
Not really.
And to put 2nd age spawn in the same leauge as Some of the people you listed is just, opinion or not, a grave mismatch.
Again, not really.
The simple fact that spawn was the ruler of the 8th hell is more than enough merit to induct him in the "Skyfather" level.
Thor's a god. He isn't Sky-Father.
Understanding what the hells in his universe are like would put it a bit more in perspective with his power level.
It means he has access to unlimited power. I get that, but as I said, so do people like Quasar.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm referring to the costume, "Hellspawn," that he wore.

I don't see why not. He HAS shown that Mjolnir possesses a crap-load of powers.

Not really.

Again, not really.

Thor's a god. He isn't Sky-Father.

It means he has access to unlimited power. I get that, but as I said, so do people like Quasar.

U can't possibly be comparing Quasar to Spawn. Spawn beats the tar out of Quasar and still has time rule hell. The power sources themselves also have meaning behind them.HEll>>> Quantum Field.

Superman can keep amping his strength with the Suns energy, does that mean becuz he has unlimited power supply that he trumps Thor who does not have unlimited power?

Accel
U can't possibly be comparing Quasar to Spawn. Spawn beats the tar out of Quasar and still has time rule hell. The power sources themselves also have meaning behind them.HEll>>> Quantum Field.

Superman can keep amping his strength with the Suns energy, does that mean becuz he has unlimited power supply that he trumps Thor who does not have unlimited power?
The power source itself means nothing if the end result is the same, ie endless power. Spawn probably would beat Quasar, since Wendell has problems with magic, but Quasar can definitely give him a fight.

I'm just trying to figure out how Spawn could have be Sky-Father level, when just about every thing he's done has been replicated by a top-tier.
He's powerful and and has a lot of powers. That doesn't always equate to Sky-Father.

Validus
I get what Accel is saying. Most things that supposedly put Spawn on Skyfather level are the ideas behind his character (Heaven, Hell and all that jazz) rather than any actual concrete showings of power.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The power source itself means nothing if the end result is the same, ie endless power. Spawn probably would beat Quasar, since Wendell has problems with magic, but Quasar can definitely give him a fight.

I'm just trying to figure out how Spawn could have be Sky-Father level, when just about every thing he's done has been replicated by a top-tier.
He's powerful and and has a lot of powers. That doesn't always equate to Sky-Father.

Spawn is over sky father lvl. he's on mephisto and Neron's lvl. They are entities. There are beings like mephisto, the nebula man, who are above skyfather. Like Darkseid and Surtur and Tyrant. They just punk Skyfathers. Darkseid, surtur and Tyrant happen to be high tier Entities. Mephisto and Neron are middle tier entities and Spawn is a lower tier entity. Thor Can't beat Spawn. Not if Spawn where to go all out.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Validus
I get what Accel is saying. Most things that supposedly put Spawn on Skyfather level are the ideas behind his character (Heaven, Hell and all that jazz) rather than any actual concrete showings of power.

Eternity nor Infinity nor Kismet have many Showings of Power. But we know that the idea behind them gives them auto matic wins.

Validus
Eternity nor Infinity nor Kismet have many Showings of Power. But we know that the idea behind them gives them auto matic wins.
Eternity and Infinity don't have much to discredit their power level either.

Accel
Spawn is over sky father lvl. he's on mephisto and Neron's lvl. They are entities. There are beings like mephisto, the nebula man, who are above skyfather. Like Darkseid and Surtur and Tyrant. They just punk Skyfathers. Darkseid, surtur and Tyrant happen to be high tier Entities. Mephisto and Neron are middle tier entities and Spawn is a lower tier entity. Thor Can't beat Spawn. Not if Spawn where to go all out.
You didn't really counter what I said. Just sort of repeated yourself there.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You didn't really counter what I said. Just sort of repeated yourself there.

Of Course the power source means something. Mr. Mxy has unlimted power source from the 5th Dimension. The 5th Dimension>>>>> Quantum Field. Even tho both characters have unlimited power from their sources. The source it self is more versatile thus giving MR. Mxy the vast edge. Spawn's power source has greater versatility and representation behind it. Irgo he beats Thor to pieces and Quasar at the same time.

Accel
Of Course the power source means something. Mr. Mxy has unlimted power source from the 5th Dimension. The 5th Dimension>>>>> Quantum Field. Even tho both characters have unlimited power from their sources. The source it self is more versatile thus giving MR. Mxy the vast edge. Spawn's power source has greater versatility and representation behind it. Irgo he beats Thor to pieces and Quasar at the same time.
So basically, two people can have unlimited power at their disposal, but one can still always be more powerful than the other one. Spawn has never demonstrated overwhemingly more power with his source than Quasar or Thor have.

Juggernaut, for instance, gets his power from a powerful demon-god, but he would still be beaten by Spawn or Thor.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So basically, two people can have unlimited power at their disposal, but one can still always be more powerful than the other one. Spawn has never demonstrated overwhemingly more power with his source than Quasar or Thor have.

Juggernaut, for instance, gets his power from a powerful demon-god, but he would still be beaten by Spawn or Thor.

The Juggernaut does not have access to unlimted power and cannot tap it. He's given a certain set of abilities that themselves maybe unlimted, but the juggernaut is not unlimited in what he does with them. He can't tranfer his unstopable motion to his fist for instance. He can't bend his force field outward in an offensive manner. Where as Spawn and Thor (to some extent), can tap thier sources and manipulate them to thier own ends. Spawn has the greater manipulation and greater source, thus having the greater edge. This is one reason I rate WW much higher than other's do. She can tap her God's any time she want's to or needs to and can get what she wants. If She wanted, she could ask zeus for Lighting bolts to rain from heaven on her opponent, and she would get it. Being able to tap an unlimited source in greater effects is what seperates people who tap power for one effect, like the hulk, vs, people who tap power for many effects like quasar, surfer, flash, vs people who tap power for almost any effect, Spawn, Odin, Dr. Strange.

Accel
The Juggernaut does not have access to unlimted power and cannot tap it. He's given a certain set of abilities that themselves maybe unlimted, but the juggernaut is not unlimited in what he does with them. He can't tranfer his unstopable motion to his fist for instance. He can't bend his force field outward in an offensive manner. Where as Spawn and Thor (to some extent), can tap thier sources and manipulate them to thier own ends. Spawn has the greater manipulation and greater source, thus having the greater edge. This is one reason I rate WW much higher than other's do. She can tap her God's any time she want's to or needs to and can get what she wants. If She wanted, she could ask zeus for Lighting bolts to rain from heaven on her opponent, and she would get it. Being able to tap an unlimited source in greater effects is what seperates people who tap power for one effect, like the hulk, vs, people who tap power for many effects like quasar, surfer, flash, vs people who tap power for almost any effect, Spawn, Odin, Dr. Strange.
The facts are the same. Juggernaut's source is similiar to Spawn's, yet he is not Sky-Father. Having Heaven or Hell behind you doesn't make you Sky-Father. Overall, Spawn has done nothing to put him so far above the likes of Thor or Quasar, or any other top-tier for that matter.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The facts are the same. Juggernaut's source is similiar to Spawn's, yet he is not Sky-Father. Having Heaven or Hell behind you doesn't make you Sky-Father. Overall, Spawn has done nothing to put him so far above the likes of Thor or Quasar, or any other top-tier for that matter.
Mephisto and Neron are above Thor. And Spawn is thier equal. It can't get more plain than that. Besides, being a ruler in Heaven or Hell makes you more than sky father. Mephisto is, Neron is, Asmodel at his height was. Sky father seems to be capped at odin lvl in this forum. These guys are beyond that. Or do u think Odin could beat Spawn in 8th Hell?

Accel
Mephisto and Neron are above Thor. And Spawn is thier equal. It can't get more plain than that.
Again, I ask based on what? The fact that he can freeze time?

draxx_tOfU

my bad...meant no disrespect friend...

ok...

so galaxy-busting powers are the pre-requisites to being a skyfather?

Lord Urizen....

Dark god which cannot be killed, has the power to jumpstart the apocalypse....

took the combined might of heaven AND hell to contain....

angela, a member of heaven's army, used to track down a monster/being who consumed entire galaxies....

as for thor replicating spawn powers....uhm no....

no living symbiote for thor...

no nigh-omnipotent magical powers for thor as spawn can use ambient evil from the physical world such as humans, insects, wolves...

no matter manipulation for thor...

no "gift" from the greenworld for thor...

no necroplasma for thor...

no telepathy, empathy, etc etc for thor...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Again, I ask based on what? The fact that he can freeze time?

I'll try and break it down.

Almost all high tier or popular comic characters have Uber Cosmic Feats. Thor, Superman, WW, Surfer, Hal Jordan, Flash, Hulk, even Scarlet Witch. You can't just look at feats by themselves. You have to look at the character and what they represent, where thier powers come from, ect.

Metron of the New Gods doesn't have many showings, But becuz of who he is, what he has been shown to do, and his power source, it is reasonable to extrapolate that he can beat an opponent like Spider man.

Spawn is the Ruler of 8th Hell. Thor Rules nothing. If Hell were to go to war with Asgard, Hell would be the victor. It's universal in it's scope and importance. Spawn controls all of that power. Thor has a hard time with Sersi.

Accel

ok...

Lord Urizen....

angela, a member of heaven's army, used to track down a monster/being who consumed entire galaxies....

no nigh-omnipotent magical powers for thor as spawn can use ambient evil from the physical world such as humans, insects, wolves...

Galaxy-busting's not the standard, but it does say a lot. I don't believe Urizen had that kind of power.

And I said Thor could replicate 'almost' any thing Spawn did, such as the time-stopping, power blasts, transmutation, teleporting, etc.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Galaxy-busting's not the standard, but it does say a lot. I don't believe Urizen had that kind of power.

And I said Thor could replicate 'almost' any thing Spawn did, such as the time-stopping, power blasts, transmutation, teleporting, etc.

One thing your mixing up is the ability to mimmic a power and the degree to which it can be done. The Silver Surfer can mimmic almost any feat that Mr. mxy can do. But it's the scope of the power that makes mxy trump surfer. Thor may be able to mimmic many of spawn's powers, but the far reaching effects and scope of Spawn's powers put him above Thor in ever way.

Accel

Almost all high tier or popular comic characters have Uber Cosmic Feats. Thor, Superman, WW, Surfer, Hal Jordan, Flash, Hulk, even Scarlet Witch. You can't just look at feats by themselves. You have to look at the character and what they represent, where thier powers come from, ect.

Metron of the New Gods doesn't have many showings, But becuz of who he is, what he has been shown to do, and his power source, it is reasonable to extrapolate that he can beat an opponent like Spider man.

Spawn is the Ruler of 8th Hell. Thor Rules nothing. If Hell were to go to war with Asgard, Hell would be the victor. It's universal in it's scope and importance. Spawn controls all of that power. Thor has a hard time with Sersi.
Again, this comes down to semantics. Spawn said he had the power of a God. Thor is a god. Not much of a difference.

Spawn was a ruler of Hell, which means he's powerful, but saying he's Sky-Father based entirely on that is really stretching it.

Accel
One thing your mixing up is the ability to mimmic a power and the degree to which it can be done. The Silver Surfer can mimmic almost any feat that Mr. mxy can do. But it's the scope of the power that makes mxy trump surfer. Thor may be able to mimmic many of spawn's powers, but the far reaching effects and scope of Spawn's powers put him above Thor in ever way.
How so? They both could freeze time at one point. No difference in power there. Spawn could transmute organic material, which is impressive since no one else can do that, but not really Sky-Father.

And while Spawn has Heaven-affecting blasts, Thor has a Godblast that can damage Sky-Fathers. Who's to say which is more powerful, Exitar or Heaven's Gate?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Again, this comes down to semantics. Spawn said he had the power of a God. Thor is a god. Not much of a difference.

Spawn was a ruler of Hell, which means he's powerful, but saying he's Sky-Father based entirely on that is really stretching it.

Thor is a little God who runs around with earth heroes. He's portrayed much like a demi God. He's not even immortal. Thor is Herald lvl. Top tier herald lvl. Spawn is a ruler of Hell. Who can call upon all the powers of said hell. This puts him at entity lvl. Above sky father. Let's just disagree and be done with it. Parallax beats Spawn. Back to the thread at hand.

Accel
Thor is a little God who runs around with earth heroes. He's portrayed much like a demi God. He's not even immortal. Thor is Herald lvl. Top tier herald lvl. Spawn is a ruler of Hell. Who can call upon all the powers of said hell. This puts him at entity lvl. Above sky father. Let's just disagree and be done with it. Parallax beats Spawn. Back to the thread at hand.
If that's all it takes then GLs must also be Sky-Father, seeing as how one can recreate the entire Justice League.

nvrbeenwthagirl
If that's all it takes then GLs must also be Sky-Father, seeing as how one can recreate the entire Justice League.

Most Gl's have not shown that power. Only two have, Kyle and hal. And in kingdom come, IT showed that A Gl could easily become Sky father lvl in power. The ring is only limited by the wearer.s will and imagination. Human beings have a need to team and be social. One reason we prolly dont' see GL's going around making thier own justice leagues.

thedude1948
Heaven and Hell in the Spawn Universe isnt universal it is only based to Earth.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by thedude1948
Heaven and Hell in the Spawn Universe isnt universal it is only based to Earth.

This woudl mean that God is not God in Spawn's universe. Only God of earth. This is not so.

thedude1948
This woudl mean that God is not God in Spawn's universe. Only God of earth. This is not so.

Actually what you said is true, The God and Satan of the Spawn universe was created by the Man of Miracles. And both Satan and God were given earth to do whatever they wanted to with.

draxx_tOfU

i get what your saying....

but the only reference i know with odin busting up galaxies was when he fought surtur....

alone though i doubt it....

one thing that is probably unique to spawn is how to kill him....

there are very specific ways on how to kill him and since he has transcended heavenly-forged weapons and be-heading, im not sure if parallax has the means though....

i still think that spawn is above thor....

Soujaboy
When Spawn starts causing shock waves threw out multi verses than I'll say he's skyfather lv.

Being on the same lv with Mephesto isn't anything great seeing as how Thor has defeated Mephesto.

draxx_tOfU
adam warlock defeated mephisto in his own realm....

it doesnt make AW a skyfather by process of elimination though....

Soujaboy
adam warlock defeated mephisto in his own realm....

it doesnt make AW a skyfather by process of elimination though....

Just what has Spawn done that puts him on Sky Father lv or for that matter Thor's lv?

draxx_tOfU
check the respect thread...

juggernaut66666

mammon>>>>>>>odin

spawn=thor

laughing
so spawn can beat a multiversal threat 4/10 ???

draxx_tOfU
well, its really hard to compare them....

first off, spawn isnt a cosmic....

how would you kill a dead man who keeps on regenerating?

anyway, i guess your right since forum rules would indicate a k.o. as a win....

happy now....

juggernaut66666
well, its really hard to compare them....

first off, spawn isnt a cosmic....

how would you kill a dead man who keeps on regenerating?

anyway, i guess your right since forum rules would indicate a k.o. as a win....

happy now....
how about spawn get's erased from existense?

draxx_tOfU
how? seeing as he's dead....

or do you mean oblivion?

we dont know if there is an eternity or lords of chaos and order in spawnverse, how would we know he can be erased?

if you stipulated that they fight in dc universe then maybe....

badabing
I'm voting Parallax. Spawns power set seems too sketchy for me.

ExtraMision5555

This is exactly what im saying as well. Now i understand some of you may thing 2nd age spawn is overrated at times, but to place Him on thors level? I just cant get past that.

Sure, thier are lots of characters who can tap into "unilimted energy". But what kind of power are they tapping into?

If i had a taser that was hooked up to an unilimited ammount of energy in the output of 4 Million Megajewels at a time, and i went up against smoeone who had the same generatior, only thiers imputed a mere 500 Megajewels at a time, who would you say has more power at thier disposal?

Again, spawns prowress is getting skewed with characters that are simply not in his leauge as far as capabilities go. Not to mention there are other entities with few showings that people still regard as powerful. But thats not even the case with spawn. The concept behind this version of spawn being ruler of the 8th hell, and destroying his creator etc, all this sort of gives you a background as to how powerful spawn really is. Defying weapons that were designed SPECIFFICALLY to destory him. You have to put it in perspective with the entire story. Thor has never been portyayed to be a cosmic beating anus wielding allmighty being, otherwise, why bother createing Rune King thor? shouldent Thor be enough?

ExtraMision5555

ok...

Lord Urizen....

Exactly. And this is beyond just thor, this is just keeping spawns powers in perspective because it seems they are getting perverted and mixed around with lower level characters. If that were the case, There are plenty of characters that harness some attributes of Galactus, Eternity, etc. I could say somethign as rediculous as

"Galactus has energy projection, but so does cyclops."

Does that make cyclops skyfather, or even a hearold all of the sudden? no, becuase that is an extremely misleading statement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.