revan vs exar kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB Vader
ok after hearing what DS said about revan in banes novel, like discovering force storm this and that, also he mentioned revan being at least in the top ten.

who would win this battle?

Darth Sexy
It all depends. If Kun gets an amulet blast out it's unlikely Revan can stop him. But after reading the book it's likely that Revan knew more techniques than Kun himself, and he is the more intelligent fighter.. Id give it to Revan..

ESB Vader
hmm could be true, well kun has an additional asset, force drain, he demonstrated it before he physically died and i doubt revan had a defense to that, DS if you can list down feats that this revan had

calvs
Exar GMV

It doesn't honestly matter how many techniques Revan has, But how capable he is of them. It's like mixing a Hundred ingredients into a cake can taste worse than mixing 10.

He would lose himself in the complication of the fight, while having to constantly dodge blasts and high speed lightsaber strikes.

ESB Vader
and dont forget the force drain, only luke and the exile had the ability to defend, yuuzhan vongs can resist it naturally since they are outside the force, kun drained every masassi like nihilus draining the miralukas

Darth Sexy
You're assuming Revan doesn't know the force drain. While Exar Kun is unlikely to use his during a fight. Exar Kun knew it as a ritual while Nihilus had it come naturally to him.

darthsith19
I havn't read the Bane novel so I say Exar, it's kinda close though. And when did Exar use Force Drain?

Darth Sexy
he used it as a ritual on the massassi right before the Jedi came to Yavin IV. It wasn't a technique that he could use as naturally as Traya or Nihilus

ESB Vader
yea but still its an asset, he didnt use much of his powers like even lightning, in a full out battle with another peron, im sure he would use his assets, and no, revan does not know the force drain its like revan, i the holocron he has many techniques, but he doesnt use them, like DE palpatine who is claimed by a stat book to know all the techniques and yet doesnt demonstrate them

zephiel7
After what happened in Path of Destruction, I would say Revan stands a very good chance at victory.

Passage from Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, detailing Revan's prowess in the ancient Sith magics.

He held his breath in anticipation, unsure what would come next. A small beam of light projected out from the top, the particles scattered and diffused. They began to shift and spin, coalescing into a cloaked figure, its features competely hidden by the hood of its heavy robe.

Then a voice spoke, crisp and clear. "I am Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith."

The empty halls of the Temple above rumbled with the reverberation of Bane's triumphant, booming laughter.

To Bane it seemed the teachings contained within the single Holocron surpassed those of the Academy's entire archives. Revan had discovered many of the rituals of the ancient Sith, and as the holocron's avatar explained their nature and purpose, Bane could barely wrap his mind around their awesome potential. Some of the rituals were so terrible-so dangerous to attempt, even for a true Sith Master. -that he doubted he would ever dare to use them.

Bane's opinion on Revan, comparing him with the other Sith Lord's of the time.

Revan had been a true Sith Lord, unlike the simpering Masters who bowed to Kaan and his Brotherhood. And soon all his knowledge - his understanding of the dark side - would belong to Bane

Here is a technique that Bane learned from Revan while the former was fighting Kas'im, the best duelist of the galaxy. It is a blast of force energy that destroyed a 20 story structure

On the landing high above, Kas'im stood beneath the massive arch of the Temple entrance, staring down at him.

"I will follow you wherever you run," he said. "Wherever you go I will eventually find you and kill you. Don't live your life in fear, Bane. Better to end it now."

"I agree," Bane replied, hurling out the wave of Force energy he had been gathering during the Blademaster's speech.

There was nothing subtle about Bane's attack: The massive shock wave shook the very foundations of the great Rakatan Temple. The concussive blast had enough power to shatter every bone in Kas'im's body and pulverize his flesh into a mass of pulpy liquid. But at the last possible instant, he threw up a shield to protect himself from the attack.

Unfortunately, he couldn't shield the Temple around him. The walls exploded into great chunks of rubble. The archway collapsed into a shower of stone, burying Kas'im beneat tons of rock and mortar. A second later the rest of the roof caved in, drowning out the Twi'leks dying scream with a deafening rumble.

The force storm technique that Bane learned was from Revan. The same technique was described by the Rakatans, as calling 'lightning from the sky' to slaughter their raiding parties. So far, after measuring Revan's strength, I do not know whether Exar Kun can win.

Force drain can be blocked easily via Revan's shield. Just because Bane could use the technique against a bunch of Massassi who can't defend against the technique, does not mean that he can use it at Revan at all. It would be poor logic to assume that he could, given everything that Revan is described as capable of.

Quinlan_Vos
It's a good thing that somebody decided to write about Revan, since now we don't have to judge him from KOTOR. It is pretty now obvious that Revan was an exceptional Sith and he becomes even more powerful after the Star Forge. Looks like a lot of ppl were right about Revan after all.

darthsith19
Yes, perhaps he could beat Kun. But Bane seems strong, too. People think that Anakin was strong for collapsing a room in LOE, Bane collapsed an entire temple!

Darth Sexy
Yup, after reading the novel I believe Revan could beat Kun.

ESB Vader
well a shield is created from a force shield, and a force drain, drains the force completely, note the word "the force" if would destry revan, revan does not know how to loop out of the force at all, not like luke, and a shield doesnt work because it is from the force.

and after the star forge, revan was a lightsider, not a sith lord, not anymore at least, i believed that he learnt those ancient sith techiques before the jedi civil war, and only bane had demonstrated the abilities revan had taught him through the holocron, why i said bane is stronger? because he uses them more often, he uses what ever he had, then why didnt revan use it in the civil war?

not to forget that exar kun can wipe revan out with a full blast of the sith amulet, a simple shield wont help, and remeber the force drain? kreia, the master of revan said certein techniques could not be defended, no defence, only way is, you are not part of the force, you loop out of the force, or you are a wound, even exar kun physically tore luke from his body when he was in kyps body

ESB Vader
sry for double post, but if revan learnt those techniques after the kotor 1 and 2 era then its contradicting with canon because revan is a jedi, not a sith anymore, and during the jedi civil war, why didnt he use the thought bomb? why doesnt he use the force storm zephiel mentioned that bane used.

sry for being unclear about my upper post, what i meant is, if you use the force to create a shield around you, it is useless against a drain, especially drains from nihilus and exar kun, because the force drain targets the user, it drains the force, and the force shield is from the force, created by a force user, so? that can prove a force shield is useless against a force drain who has been brought up to such heights, both draining whole planets, nihilus on katar and exar kun draining the massasi on yavin.

and innovation? id give it to exar, he was problably the first guy to have ever made a double bladed lightsaber, and dont forget, the jedi knew how dangerous he was, they came to stop him in ships, as an army, he had no chance at all, and even when he reawakened, it took lukes entire JA and vodo to extinguish exars spirit.

but, revan can also win depending on the situation, like if exar lets his guard down, or if he enters the battle field weak, or if he underestimated revan, ok heres this, not being a fanboy, if vader during battle, made a suprise attack on DE palpatine and palpatine did not expect it or fore see it, wouldnt it give vader the upperhand? its the same, it could happen to either exar or revan.

one thing id like to discuss if you guys are ok with it, people always claim nihilus can consume force attacks right? there is no proof am i correct? i came up with a theory, a spoon and a tub of ice cream, guy A is nihilus, the spoon is the force drain, and the ice cream is a victim.

so guy A reaches out with the spoon to scoop the ice cream, now here it is, what if the spoon with the scoop of ice cream is on it, and it goes into guy A's mouth, feeding him? like the spoon with the ice cream is a force attack, instead of guy A scooping the ice cream, he gets spoon fed, like a jedi striking back with a force power

get my point? i know this is off topic but i would like to know if it makes sense or just gibberish

Darth Sexy
I think you misunderstand. Revan learned these techniques as a sith lord. When he first came to the Rakata home world, he apparently created a holocron..There are no contradictions

kamikz
And it's not like Revan couldn't fall to the dark side again...

Darth Sexiest
A new book just came out about Revan and Bane? Where the hell have I been...Oh yeah...doing drugs in my basement...doh

Wow, this is unique considering Bane and his story was written like 10 years before Revan was even thought up.
So now there's a book with them together?

I see that Revan was very powerful with the Force now, what is the specific name of that Force Storm technique anyway?

and one more thing, Did it say anything in particular about his lightsaber skills or what Form(s) he uses?

Darth Sexy
He uses Makashi..

Darth Sexiest
Really? Quite astute of you, my apprentice...

But...uh...I thought he used Juyo and Jar'Kai.

No wait, your right....I heard he learned Makashi when he studied Tulak Horde? But he knew Juyo from his days as a Jedi.

So its Makashi, Juyo and Jar'Kai?

Is the Makashi he knows, Horde's style then? (Horde's Makashi)

Also, was Revan a Jedi Master before he fell, or a knight?

(Good job, Sexy.)

(And I do mean sexy) wink

zephiel7
The technique used by Exar and Traya are different.

Exar drained the the Massassi in order to preserve his spirit. Essentially by doing that, he killed himself.

If Exar tries a regular force drain, then Revan can counter with his own.

Traya attack was different from conventional drains. It was an
"attack to which there was no defence" using a technique of the ancient Sith from Malachor 5.

The amulet blast, from what I observe is inferior to the technique that Bane learned from Revan. The amulet blast destroyed temple doors. The blast of force energy used by Bane (learned from Revan) nearly pulverized Kas'im's flesh into pulpy liquid and completely tore apart a 20 story temple.

Bane mentioned that Revan knew techniques in the force "to terrible for even a true Sith master to use."
I still see Revan taking this, albeit after a long and difficult fight.

Darth Sexy
I wouldn't call Bane's technique more effective than the amulet blast, considering the amulet blast doesn't have a limit. It'll just get more and more powerful. However it is clear that Revan knew the thought bomb and the force storm, and it's unclear whether Kun knew anything other than his stasis field.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by darthsith19
Yes, perhaps he could beat Kun. But Bane seems strong, too. People think that Anakin was strong for collapsing a room in LOE, Bane collapsed an entire temple!

Yes but Anakin did it by yelling, and by sheer force of willpower.

Bane used an actual attack, I'd put Anakin's above Bane's simply because Bane used an attack (a VERY powerful one) but Anakin's sheer raw power collapsed a building (not a room) simply because he was angry.

Much different circumstances really.

darthsith19
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Yes but Anakin did it by yelling, and by sheer force of willpower.

Bane used an actual attack, I'd put Anakin's above Bane's simply because Bane used an attack (a VERY powerful one) but Anakin's sheer raw power collapsed a building (not a room) simply because he was angry.

Much different circumstances really.
Whatever, Bane > Anakin, you think that Anakin could destroy a temple with the Force? Yeah right. Bane'd pwn him.

kamikz
That was not really the point now was it?

Darth Sexy
You don't want to see what happens when Bane gets angry.

ESB Vader
Originally posted by zephiel7
The technique used by Exar and Traya are different.

Exar drained the the Massassi in order to preserve his spirit. Essentially by doing that, he killed himself.

If Exar tries a regular force drain, then Revan can counter with his own.

Traya attack was different from conventional drains. It was an
"attack to which there was no defence" using a technique of the ancient Sith from Malachor 5.

The amulet blast, from what I observe is inferior to the technique that Bane learned from Revan. The amulet blast destroyed temple doors. The blast of force energy used by Bane (learned from Revan) nearly pulverized Kas'im's flesh into pulpy liquid and completely tore apart a 20 story temple.

Bane mentioned that Revan knew techniques in the force "to terrible for even a true Sith master to use."
I still see Revan taking this, albeit after a long and difficult fight.

proof that revan can counter with his own? he does not have that ability, bane and revan have never demonstrated that ability, and force drain is force drain there are no variations, nihilus was instant, and exars drain didnt kill him self, you are saying things like "R3V@N w!lL w!N B3CoS H3 H@S M@Ny T2cHnIqUeS", number one revan doesnt have force drain, and the blast bane did, is nothing compared to kuns, kuns amulet destyroyed a sith wyrm, it killed freedon nadd instantly, exar kun even froze over a hundred thousand people in the senate. and kuns amulet in the past was able to blow up a star. kun has sith alchemy, something revan didnt know, and remember the theta system? aleema created sith illusions and it nearly destroyed the entire republic fleet

and exars force drain isnt a regular one, his is one which drained an entire planet, he did it on the scale nihilus did, that would finish revan

well kuns feats are here.
1. unlimited blasts, gets double power every time he gets more and more angry.
2. demonstarted a force push which sent sylvia flying in the senate.
3. froze over a hundred thousand people in the senate
4. the DS source book claims he has mastered lighting to its highest degree, we have never seen him demonstarte lightning
5.the most innovative person iv seen
6. sith alchemy, you will never know whats its capable off and from the kotor game and the novel, i doubt revan knows anything about it
7. he instantly killed freedons nadds spirit with the amulet, and already zuka i kotor2 said nadd is far worse than revan can ever be, and it takes power to do that, and the spirit of nadd could have killed exar and nearly did in his tomb

zephiel7
Firstly punctuation is your friend. Secondly, Revan did demonstrate force drain, hell Malak demonstrated force drain when he was fighting Revan (he used it against the Jedi in the capsules). You seem to forget that Revan was at Malachor 5, that was where Traya learned the technique in the first place.

By your logic, Traya pwns LOTF Luke because she knows knows drain? Didn't think so. See, logic > you.

point moot

Oh and I suppose letting loose a blast of force energy that totally shattered a twenty story building does not compare with destroying a temple doors and a single sith wyrm? Nice use of logic my boy, Happy Dance

try again

I suppose Jorus C'baoth PWNS all now?

Very nice, keep it up noob.

ROFLMAO! Way to invent bullshit man! I have read all the Kun comics my friend, and there WAS NOTHING stating him or his amulets blew up a star. Nice try though...

OMG are you even capable of reasoning logically? What is he going to do, make a Sith poison out of thin air using alchemy while he is battling Revan. No son, that would be the stupidest thing he could do.

Um, do you have Attention defficiency syndrome or something? No offense man, but WTF does this have to do with anything?

Every technique Bane learned was from Revan, he learned sith magic and rituals that are described by Bane as being too dangerous for "any sith master to use."

Oh yes, Kun killed a Sith spirit. Yes, ignore the fact that Sith spirits become drastically weaker as time passes.

I have yet to see a single well formulated point on your part. Hell you even lied at one point to support the bullshit you claim to pass up as an argument. Kun destroying a star. LOL.

.... point proven

http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/owned/pwned-bike.jpg

kamikz
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
You don't want to see what happens when Bane gets angry.

Yes I do. stick out tongue

The fact is that Bane used a TECHNIQUE to do it, Anakin was just mad, he didn't even try to wreck something and he doesn't know a technique to do it, his emotions alone crushed that building.

zephiel7
Originally posted by kamikz
Yes I do. stick out tongue

The fact is that Bane used a TECHNIQUE to do it, Anakin was just mad, he didn't even try to wreck something and he doesn't know a technique to do it, his emotions alone crushed that building.

Anakin didn't totally destroy a twenty story building with pure force energy (akin to the one demonstrated by Exar Kun).

It was so great that it nearly turned Kas'im the best duelist in the galaxy into goo...

ESB Vader
Firstly punctuation is your friend. Secondly, Revan did demonstrate force drain, hell Malak demonstrated force drain when he was fighting Revan (he used it against the Jedi in the capsules). You seem to forget that Revan was at Malachor 5, that was where Traya learned the technique in the first place. ok did revan demonstrate drain, but did he use it often? did he brought it to such heights as nihilus and exar did?

Originally posted by zephiel7 ,
By your logicTraya pwns LOTF Luke because she knows knows drain? Didn't think so. See, logic > you.

point moot

did i say kreia would >>> lotf luke? luke can denfend against drain, revan cant, no against drain which had done masssive damage at such a scale, normal force drain like malaks can be defended, not like nihilus or exar kun,

Oh and I suppose letting loose a blast of force energy that totally shattered a twenty story building does not compare with destroying a temple doors and a single sith wyrm? Nice use of logic my boy, Happy Dance

try again
and i suppose it compares to the amulet which has been prove that it has no limits and its power doubles everytime the user gets angry? and when exar kun used it very minimal it did so much damage? tere goes your points again

I suppose Jorus C'baoth PWNS all now?

Very nice, keep it up noob.

o? sidious mastered lighting and it instantly killed a jedi in empires end, did i say that because kun has lightning he pwns all?? try again

OMG are you even capable of reasoning logically? What is he going to do, make a Sith poison out of thin air using alchemy while he is battling Revan. No son, that would be the stupidest thing he could do.
no, make a sith wyrm? but that be stupid right? yes you are correct that is dumb

Every technique Bane learned was from Revan, he learned sith magic and rituals that are described by Bane as being too dangerous for "any sith master to use."
so? bane was the one who demonstrated them not revan, revan has never demonstrated any of these abilities, the book only claims he did and cant prove it, as the DE source book claims sidious knew everything and yet he himself did not demonstrate the techniques

Oh yes, Kun killed a Sith spirit. Yes, ignore the fact that Sith spirits become drastically weaker as time passes.
yes he killed one which could have killed him, o and spirits became weaker? he was 4000 years old by JA and he used kyp to physically kill Luke

I have yet to see a single well formulated point on your part. Hell you even lied at one point to support the bullshit you claim to pass up as an argument. Kun destroying a star. LOL. LOL!!!!! did i say kun destroyed a start? read my post, i said IN THE PAST it was used to blow up by a start by whom??? by NAGA SADOW and his sith alchemy!

Darth Sexy
ESB Vader, you have no point.

ESB Vader
no point? of what? not happy? read this, this is when kun FIRST used the amulet and being a N00b using it

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kuntempleamuletka7.jpg

Darth Sexy
congratulations. Now prove Kun could use the amulet again with that much intensity DURING A FIGHT WITH AN EQUALLY POWERFUL SITH LORD..

ESB Vader
then ask yourself would revan be stupid enough to stand in the way of a blast of the amulet? would he be that stupid? he would dodge? yes? correct! and how is he going to fight back if he has to constantly dodge the blasts? 1 known way to defend, dodge, it tood down a small part of a temple WITH A SMALL BLAST and killed a sith wyrm with only a minor blast

and exar kuns drain is different from revans or malaks, it is nearly as powrful as nihilus, instantly killing any life on the planet and we just saw how fast it was in TOTJ

revan may have known many techniques but there is no proof to show that he has been using them? like exar not using lightning? even when books claim they have those techniques

zephiel7
You are mixing up this power. You are assuming that it is a technique that instantly took the force out of its victim? That would be wrong, my friend.

Look at this image.

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=5&page=142

Whoops, I guess you were wrong.

Notice how it states that ritual forces him to shed the chains of his mortal body.

Oh, so you assume that Revan can't defend against Kun's drain as well? Despite the fact that Revan also knew drain?

Proove that he won't be defeated by Revan's force storm. It was a technique that was at one point shaky on its existance. After the book, it was stated that Revan knew force storm.

Exar Kun knew lightning, very different from a force storm which is far larger in magnitude.

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=7&page=147

Lol, it did so much damage to Aleema there. She still survived after Exar Kun used the amulet blast.

Really, do you think that if a weakling like Aleema (who had a bare connection to the force) survived, then Darth Revan coudn't just deflect it. The blast of energy that Kun used was able to destroy non force sensitives. Really...

When pitted against a force user, even Aleema survived.

ROFLMAO, there you go bringing irrelevant points into the discussion.

OH RIGHT DOOD! EXAR KUN just pops out a sith wyrm from his ass during combat. Happy Dance

Yes, because the book (official canon) stated Revan could use the techniques actually means he couldn't. Right...

Sorry, but I would rather trust official canon than you, a poor debater.

Right... despite the fact that Nadd states explicitly that his powers were limited as a Sith ghost...

Wow you really are noob. The reason why that Star blew up is because of Sadow's ship...NOT because of the amulets. Its been stated in NEC.

ESB Vader
You are mixing up this power. You are assuming that it is a technique that instantly took the force out of its victim? That would be wrong, my friend.

Look at this image.

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=5&page=142

lol!! that proved that it was instant on a victim, it took time, as short amount of time to cover the whole planet, you proved yourself wrong

Oh, so you assume that Revan can't defend against Kun's drain as well? Despite the fact that Revan also knew drain?

despite the fact that revans drain was not as powerful as nihilus or kun

Proove that he won't be defeated by Revan's force storm. It was a technique that was at one point shaky on its existance. After the book, it was stated that he knew the technique.

Exar Kun knew lightning, very different from a force storm which is far larger in magnitude.

proof that revan has ever demonstrated or used storm? the book stated he knows it, like i said DE palpatine knew everything and yet doesnt demonstrate spear of midnight black, even kun has never used lightning and you assume they do

http://www.swtimeline.ru/?comics=7&page=147

Lol, it did so much damage to Aleema there. She still survived after Exar Kun used the amulet blast.

Really, do you think that if a weakling like Aleema (who had a bare connection to the force) survived, then Darth Revan coudn't just deflect it.

LOL!!!! number 1, he was not angry and that was a really minimal blast, remember the pic i posted? it said the power doubles with every pulse of anger, kun only did it to stun aleema as claimed by other sources and thus was not angry. and deflect it? prove that it can be deflected, and that wasnt a full scale blast. no1 has ever deflected it and kun has never used it to its max, why? because no one was a big enough threat and as i said prove that revan can delflect it,

OH RIGHT DOOD! EXAR KUN just pops out a sith wyrm from his ass during combat. Happy Dance

Yes, because the book (official canon) stated Revan could use the techniques actually means he couldn't. Right...

Sorry, but I would rather trust official canon than you, a poor debater.

Right... despite the fact that Nadd states explicitly that his powers were limited as a Sith ghost...

Wow you really are noob. The reason why that Star blew up is because of Sadow's ship...NOT because of the amulets. Its been stated in NEC.

1. lol firstly revan has never used them in the jedi civil war, the time when he is prime in his abilities

2. as if you are a good debator,

3. and the fact kun lost his powers 4000 years later and yet physically killed luke

4. the amulet was also needed with the ship, read the fall of the sith empire, yes i was partly wrong on that

and that small blast on aleema? even that sent her flying, look closely again and kun was not angry so there fore it was not destructive and also he didnt make it destructive towards her

and note the fact that kun has done far more impressive things than revan, freeaing hunderds and thousands of people

zephiel7
Oh wow.. I supposed you missed the point where he had to be tied to an altar and his body was destroyed thus freeing his spirit.

Show me where his force drain was actually used in a battle. He his "mortal shell" crumbled after he used it. It can't be replicated in an actual battle situation.

It was stated in KOTOR by the Rakatans. His storm slaughtered their army of warriors.

Right, please state what sources say that he only "stunned" Aleema. Looks like your making BS again.

Wait a second buddy.. You are asking me to prove a negative? If you claim that Kun's blasts are strong as they are, the onus is on you to prove why it didn't kill Aleema. Offer exact quotations or sources. I will check them up.

Oh yes, because Revan can create a force storm with large enough magnitude to crush a Rakatan army and also possessed a technique that was able to obliterate objects the size of 20 story temples means he could not deflect a blast of energy that only stunned the "weakling Aleema." Very nice use of logic there.

Oh right despite the fact in "Path Of Destruction" it states that he was capable of such abilities. Sorry man but canon sources are still > your interpretation.

Right, while he was using Kyp Durron's body, and while Luke was keeping his guard down.

Key word being with the ship....How exactly is he going to replicate the technique when he does not have the technology with him in the duel? Furthermore even a weakling like Aleema could perform the technique. Point moot.

Look I got to go out. I got your PM, and sure man, insults will be kept to a minimum. stick out tongue

zephiel7
Sorry, what I meant is please state a source which says he only "meant" to stun Aleema.

If his attack cannot directly pierce through the shield of Aleema, how can similar blasts hurt Revan? Especially givent the fact that in Path of Destruction it is stated how Revan was formidable enough to use sith abilities like the thought bomb, force storm etc.,

Advent
Lol, it did so much damage to Aleema there. She still survived after Exar Kun used the amulet blast. Really, do you think that if a weakling like Aleema (who had a bare connection to the force) survived, then Darth Revan coudn't just deflect it. The blast of energy that Kun used was able to destroy non force sensitives. Really...

Though I'd agree with the rest of your argument, it's apparent that Kun didn't use an amulet blast on Aleema. It would appear to actually be Sith magic, because it takes seems to take the same form Aleema demonstrated one panel earlier, it does not look the same whatsoever as the DBZ amulet blasts (squiggly lines, red, etc.), and his dialogue of "Pretender! Nadd has only taught you the beginnings of Sith power, woman -- but I have learned everything!", to me, seems to indicate that he was using the same attack expect with more powerful. There's also the fact that the blast didn't even so much as put a burn on Aleema's dress, even if it was toned down - there isn't even a little singe.

I doubt it's the same attack.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Advent
Though I'd agree with the rest of your argument, it's apparent that Kun didn't use an amulet blast on Aleema. It would appear to actually be Sith magic, because it takes seems to take the same form Aleema demonstrated one panel earlier, it does not look the same whatsoever as the DBZ amulet blasts (squiggly lines, red, etc.), and his dialogue of "Pretender! Nadd has only taught you the beginnings of Sith power, woman -- but I have learned everything!", to me, seems to indicate that he was using the same attack expect with more powerful. There's also the fact that the blast didn't even so much as put a burn on Aleema's dress, even if it was toned down - there isn't even a little singe.

I doubt it's the same attack.

It's possible that Aleema put up a shield just in time to prevent herself from being obliterated.

What ESB Vader's argument hinges on is that Kun will just go ballistic with the amulets. If he were THAT crazy with them, he would have pawned all the Jedi attacking him by amplifying his hatred by 1000 times. (aka Goku style)

That clearly is not the case. It's like saying that Revan will start unleashing blasts of energy that will collapse 30 twenty foot temples and unleash a force storm to kill his enemies.

Obviously that is not the situation.

Advent
It's possible that Aleema put up a shield just in time to prevent herself from being obliterated.

That's highly doubtful considering there is no indication. I'm going to say there's no proof it's the same attack, ergo you cannot claim it to be such nor take it into evidence.

The rest is...great? I don't really care, lol (not to be rude or anything, just saying). Although, I can agree.

((The_Anomaly))
Whatever, Bane > Anakin, you think that Anakin could destroy a temple with the Force? Yeah right. Bane'd pwn him.

I didn't say Anakin> Bane. All I said was Anakin's feat is more inherently impressive due to the fact that Anakin destroyed a building out of sheer will power, where as Bane used a force attack. Anakin's raw power alone destroyed a building, Bane used a very powerful force power. Obviously Bane's was more destructive, but it was meant to be destructive, since it was an attack. Anakins was extremely destructive, and was not even an attack.

Basically the point I was making is let Anakin learn that attack, and he'd WTFpwn an island or something. Since his sheer raw power alone is enough to destroy a building, which is far more impressive then an attack that is MEANT to cause destruction. Remember, Anakin is a guy who's potential was 200% of Palpatine's. Thats more WTFpwnage in one finger then Bane could ever hope to muster up.

Darth Sexy
It is pretty obvious that Kun used the same attack on Aleema that she tried on him. It was not an amulet blast

Advent
Exactly.

zephiel7
Fair enough, but it is unfair to assume that such a technique is unblockable via force shield for a Sith Lord who knew techniques as deadly as the force storm and thought bomb. Especially when said Sith Lord knew the technique to create suchmassive bursts of energy without amulets.

For the record people... I sure as HELL don't think this is an easy battle. Just in case people thought I did.

ESB Vader
ok i read ur arguements, some flaws in them, note that i do respect them.

Oh wow.. I supposed you missed the point where he had to be tied to an altar and his body was destroyed thus freeing his spirit.

well he tied himself to the pillar because it in my opinion was the centre of all the massassis, the fastest way to drain them all, also he did that like you said to release his spirit, a drain can be used anywhere, kun like u said tied himself to a pillar to release his spirit

Show me where his force drain was actually used in a battle. He his "mortal shell" crumbled after he used it. It can't be replicated in an actual battle situation.

firstly there was no one to use the amulet and the force drain on whom was a dangerous threat to exar kun, then show me, when did revan used the force storm, show me when did revan did all those uber moves, he learnt them before getting his memory wiped

It was stated in KOTOR by the Rakatans. His storm slaughtered their army of warriors. that storm could refer to force storm lightning, why? because only palpatine had created the force storm, the actual one, and revans force storm contradicts with the DE hand book and source book and possibly the NEC, correct me if i am wrong

Right, please state what sources say that he only "stunned" Aleema. Looks like your making BS again. then prove to me that he sent out a fatal blast, yes i admit that was BS BUT it is true, he used it to stun her and it knocked her out

Wait a second buddy.. You are asking me to prove a negative? If you claim that Kun's blasts are strong as they are, the onus is on you to prove why it didn't kill Aleema. Offer exact quotations or sources. I will check them up. because he didnt sent out a killer blast? because it was minimal? the picture you gave to me showed that the blast was small, not on a big scale, compare the pic of exar vs the wyrm to aleema, you will see a very big difference i the blast beam

Oh yes, because Revan can create a force storm with large enough magnitude to crush a Rakatan army and also possessed a technique that was able to obliterate objects the size of 20 story temples means he could not deflect a blast of energy that only stunned the "weakling Aleema." Very nice use of logic there. and the force u said that revan use to crush a 20 story temple was only demonstrated by bane, not by revan, and as i said, force storm was created by palpatine, even the star wars databanks said so, and kun "stunned" and not kill her because she posed no threat at all

Oh right despite the fact in "Path Of Destruction" it states that he was capable of such abilities. Sorry man but canon sources are still > your interpretation.
despite the fact he doesnt use them often and despite the fact it contradicts the force storm which had been mentioned in the DE source book,

Right, while he was using Kyp Durron's body, and while Luke was keeping his guard down.
right and exar kun was weak

Key word being with the ship....How exactly is he going to replicate the technique when he does not have the technology with him in the duel? Furthermore even a weakling like Aleema could perform the technique. Point moot.

Look I got to go out. I got your PM, and sure man, insults will be kept to a minimum. stick out tongue

ok that i am confused because the first page of DLOTS said that the amulets were a very powerful tool of the darkside, maybe im wrong on that one

Fair enough, but it is unfair to assume that such a technique is unblockable via force shield for a Sith Lord who knew techniques as deadly as the force storm and thought bomb. Especially when said Sith Lord knew the technique to create suchmassive bursts of energy without amulets.

For the record people... I sure as HELL don't think this is an easy battle. Just in case people thought I did.

and you have to prove that a force shield would block a full scale blast from the sith amulet, no one, not even the most powerful sith lords in the galaxy would risk it,

and if the rakatans said in kotor revan used a force storm on them to destroy their armies, it directly contradicts with the saying of palpatine created this force storm, the only one who has shown this ability, a quick search on wiki and wookie proves this

What ESB Vader's argument hinges on is that Kun will just go ballistic with the amulets. If he were THAT crazy with them, he would have pawned all the Jedi attacking him by amplifying his hatred by 1000 times. (aka Goku style)

That clearly is not the case. It's like saying that Revan will start unleashing blasts of energy that will collapse 30 twenty foot temples and unleash a force storm to kill his enemies.

Obviously that is not the situation. number one, even revan would have no chance against that many jedi, exar kun certeinly didnt have a chance at all and they were in the ships.

well if it makes both of us happy then why not put revan = exar kun? both have their pros and cons, agreeable? not saying kun would >>>> revan or revan would >>>> kun

read this quote Force Storm was a dark side Force power, and possibly the most powerful Force ability known. Force Storm was actually not a storm; in fact, it was the ability to create hyperspace wormholes via the dark side of the Force. A Force Storm could range from the size of a small starship, like a freighter, to huge maws capable of obliterating whole starfleets. The smaller storms appeared more easily controlled from a greater distance. No Force users, other than Palpatine, have exhibited this ability,

that proves that revans force storm was lightning, not the wormhole

Darth Sexy
well he tied himself to the pillar because it in my opinion was the centre of all the massassis, the fastest way to drain them all, also he did that like you said to release his spirit, a drain can be used anywhere, kun like u said tied himself to a pillar to release his spirit
No, his technique allowed him to shed his body and live as energy, like Sidious, not use it as a force maneuver.

Your argument ends when I tell you Revan is even stronger when his memory is wiped. And just because he didn't use the force storm or force drain, doesn't mean he didn't know them. In fact he does know them and it's confirmed.

No, Revan's force storm was indeed a force storm, just not as powerful as Palpatine's.

his blast on Aleema is NOT an amulet blast..

wrong wrong, and wrong.

irrelevant misdirection

moot point

Wrong again. There was Revan's force storm, and Palpatine's force storm. They were both of different nature and Palpatine's was more powerufl.

irrelevant misdirection #2

Because it's not about what makes you happy, it's about searching for facts and making logical conclusions/deductions. At this point there is a solid case for Revan>Kun.

ESB Vader

Your argument ends when I tell you Revan is even stronger when his memory is wiped. And just because he didn't use the force storm or force drain, doesn't mean he didn't know them. In fact he does know them and it's confirmed.

Because it's not about what makes you happy, it's about searching for facts and making logical conclusions/deductions. At this point there is a solid case for Revan>Kun. yea i know revan is far stronger than he was after he got wiped. and number 2 prove that revan >>> exar kun, maybe after a long match, revan wins but >>>>? i dont think so, hell it could even mean exar kun beat revan with a full scale blast

then ask yourself, would revan RISK making a force storm while standing in the middle of kuns blast? ask yourself that,

i didnt say he didnt know them, i already said, having so many techniques and not using them to your advantage is a waste, as DE palpatine doesnt use those techniques he learnt.
im not going to even say exar kun used lightning though sources claimed he mastered them, why? because we have never seen him demonstrate lightning.

and revan ripped the rakatan army with the force storm? not impressed, exar kun froze over a hundred thousand senators with this stasis field

and drained all the massassi to extinction

and prove that revans force storm is exactly like the one palpatine did, i believe its the force storm lightning not the wormhole, show me the exact quote DS

and read this , from wiki and wookie

Drain - Same as Heal, except that the user drains the target's Force reserve and/or health to fuel the regenerative process, or to replenish their own strength in the Force. Greater aptitude allows exceptional execution speed and the ability to drain multiple target at once. Very few (such as Exar Kun and Darth Nihilus) have taken this ability to such heights that they can feed on entire worlds at a time; Kun was also able through this power to entrench his soul in the Massassi temple on Yavin IV. Nihilus' entrenchment in the power was so deep that he required constant feeding simply to stay alive. Emperor Palpatine fed off the inhabitants of his retreat world of Byss collectively with his dark side adepts.

and this

Storm - Palpatine was able to generate and control, to a degree, self-sustaining storms of warped spacetime of a limited duration. These storms could range from the size of a small starship to huge maws capable of obliterating entire starfleets. The smaller storms are more easily controlled, and can be manipulated from greater distances. No other known Force user has exhibited this extraordinarily devastating talent. This power was used in the Dark Empire series of comics.

the 2nd paragraph i showed to you proved that revans force storm is nothing similar to palpatines storm, as i said it is force-storm-lightning

and this

Among the most destructive Force powers ever unleashed, the Thought Bomb was only known to be activated by Lord Kaan and members of the Brotherhood of Darkness during the Battle of Ruusan. The Thought Bomb exterminates all life within a large radius (known to be potentially as large as a planet) by targeting the brain or nucleus (with one-celled organisms and such) and wiping out all information in it. Force-sensitive beings are sucked towards the source of the bomb, as if by an immense gravity well. Ever since Lord Kaan detonated the Thought Bomb, Ruusan has been left uninhabited. The only people to ever escape a Thought Bomb were Darth Bane and the young girl he took as his apprentice.

this one proves that revan has never used the thought bomb although he knew it

honestly revan is the most overrated sw charactor, a year ago people even said revan could wtf pwn njo luke

ESB Vader
there sexy, i broke your arguements completely, this proves that revan knew the techniques, but doesnt use them as often. the force storm he used in my poiint of view is a last resort, to fight an entire army or rakatans, and i broke your arguements about how powerful kuns drains are.

like i said in a 1v1 duel, either one could win, revan or exar, none of use so far has built a scenario on the battle, so here it is and you better damm read it,

neither one of them could use their force powers when striking or blocking each others lightsaber attacks, lets say they got into a saber lock, now this will give kun a major upperhand, why? because he has his amulet, if he uses a full scale blast on revan, its likely revan dies because the amulets power is not to be underestimated , but if he cocks up and doesnt use it to its max, revan lives and wouldnt revan be at a distance? a quick chance to activate his force powers? now at that point revan has the upperhand and kun could die fightning back against revans upgraded lightning, but you will never know, kuns blast is instant and quick,

heres another point, dooku favours lightning right? so does sidious, and in ROTS during a saber fight, dooku was not able to strike lightning, nor sidious using lightning against yoda until he was disarmed, so its more likely revan would turn to uber powers once he gets disarmed or at a good distance, revan is smart, not stupid, he wouldnt attempt to pull of a feat during a duel unless he gets disarmed, or he is at a good distance, and for exar, the blast can be used anywhere, close range combat range etc and also it depends if exar kills revan with the blast, not a "minor" blast and revan comes back with a deadly attack like force lightning

and this proves bane pulled a moon out of orbit

"Taming a flying beast using the powers of the dark side, he mounted it like the fabled Beast Riders and rode towards the edge of the atmosphere, where he planned to "nudge" the entire moon closer to its planet, Onderon, so he could cross to the inhabited world to find his apprentice. "

i dont think its from the bane novel but from another book

zephiel7
Sweet Jebus dude.

DID WE EVEN SAY THAT REVAN WAS MUCH GREATER than Exar? There is a general consensus now that Revan would win after a long and difficult battle. That was our initial position!

You seem to think we believed that Revan WTFPWNs Kun.

And by the way, the technique that Palpatine used is not quite identical to Revan's. They were both force storms, but Palpatine's overall was larger.

It still does not diminish the nature of Revan's attack however. Bane states in the novel that he learned the "storm" technique from Revan.
He demonstrates it on the Rakatans, whom stated that his ability destroyed their army.

Bane's force storm was not like a wormhole, but it was a hell of a lot more brutal then what Sidious used. His technique nearly destroyed an entire world. The storm can be manipulated to varying degrees, as per the new canon after the Path of Destruction came out.

Force lightning is a weaker version of this attack.

ESB Vader
sry... thought u meant revan >>>> exar kun but pls read the battle scenario, its not bull sh!t but i think its fair enough how would exar win or how would revan win, it could go either way

yea but that force storm could mean the super lightning so huge it fuked all of them up, did it say wormhole? pls tell me

i would admit that exar kun in a pure saber duel loses to windu due to maces shatterpoint but seriously, you all need to make up scenarions whom are not bias but equal, that what can happen scenario

zephiel7
They called it a "force storm." Same with the Jedi vs. Sith comics. Could you scan me a reliable source saying that it was Palpatine who invented the technique. I possess a reliable source that states it was in fact the ancient Sith that created the attack.

It seems canon has changed. Path of Destruction is C canon, which means it overrides everything except that which is in the movies.

ESB Vader
palpatines force storm is a wormhole which sucks in everything, i think revans force storm is the storm of lightning, check the DE source book and the dark side source book, it said only palpatine had invented the force storm we see in DE.

wait wait i just saw ur upper post, thats it, thats the force storm im talking about i saw it in jedi vs sith, sry dude u confused me with palpatines force storm, sidious force storm is completely different, this one ripped the fabrics of space and sucked in everything like a black hole, revans one is the super lightning which zaped every one

but no, sources proved that force storm from palpatine is the most powerful ability, so powerful it ripped the fabrics of space and is virtually unstoppable.

now back to the match, as i said if exar during a saber lock uses the blast but does not deliever a full scale onw and kill revan, there is a posibility revan will fry him with force lightning storm, the one you told me about, but it seems revan only uses it as a last resort when he is out numbered, as you and i say this is a long battle and hard to decide who wins, the DS souce book claims that exar kun has also mastered lightning, and the highest level of lightining is similar to the storm, it wipes not one opponent but several

so i think this is more of a draw, in reality i believe that an ancient sith would pop up and ramble at them as it did the kun and ulic and tell them they should work together to rip the galaxy apart, ask yourself that, it could be true, a duo of revan and exar kun would be technically unstoppable

and the bane pulling dxun to onderon thing came from the DS source book i think,

and no i dont think the bane novel overwrites the NEC

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_storm read this on, i

but i think its possible the ancient sith wrote this ability in the holocrons

Darth Sexy
I am not wasting my time with you anymore ESB Vader. If you can't construct cogent arguments, you have no business being here.

ESB Vader
then dont waste your time

Darth Sexy
Um... I just said that, thanks for repeating me.

ESB Vader
your not welcome

zephiel7
w/e, I am out.

I have wasted time in my life that I will never get back.

ESB Vader
/wave bb thread closed

Lightsnake
Anakin collapsed a building by screaming Dooku's name. Think of what he'd do if he focused

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Anakin collapsed a building by screaming Dooku's name. Think of what he'd do if he focused

Exactly.

Kas'Im
Focusing controls but limits the attack, by nature it doesn't increase the raw power. I mean that was his pure raw anger, the upper limit of his power at the time unleashed in an uncontrolled way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.