KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » revan vs exar kun

revan vs exar kun
Started by: ESB Vader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

revan vs exar kun

ok after hearing what DS said about revan in banes novel, like discovering force storm this and that, also he mentioned revan being at least in the top ten.

who would win this battle?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 08:31 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

It all depends. If Kun gets an amulet blast out it's unlikely Revan can stop him. But after reading the book it's likely that Revan knew more techniques than Kun himself, and he is the more intelligent fighter.. Id give it to Revan..

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 08:41 AM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmm could be true, well kun has an additional asset, force drain, he demonstrated it before he physically died and i doubt revan had a defense to that, DS if you can list down feats that this revan had

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 08:58 AM
Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

Exar GMV

It doesn't honestly matter how many techniques Revan has, But how capable he is of them. It's like mixing a Hundred ingredients into a cake can taste worse than mixing 10.

He would lose himself in the complication of the fight, while having to constantly dodge blasts and high speed lightsaber strikes.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 09:22 AM
Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

and dont forget the force drain, only luke and the exile had the ability to defend, yuuzhan vongs can resist it naturally since they are outside the force, kun drained every masassi like nihilus draining the miralukas

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 09:39 AM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're assuming Revan doesn't know the force drain. While Exar Kun is unlikely to use his during a fight. Exar Kun knew it as a ritual while Nihilus had it come naturally to him.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I havn't read the Bane novel so I say Exar, it's kinda close though. And when did Exar use Force Drain?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 05:25 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

he used it as a ritual on the massassi right before the Jedi came to Yavin IV. It wasn't a technique that he could use as naturally as Traya or Nihilus

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 08:50 PM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea but still its an asset, he didnt use much of his powers like even lightning, in a full out battle with another peron, im sure he would use his assets, and no, revan does not know the force drain its like revan, i the holocron he has many techniques, but he doesnt use them, like DE palpatine who is claimed by a stat book to know all the techniques and yet doesnt demonstrate them

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 10:04 PM
zephiel7

After what happened in Path of Destruction, I would say Revan stands a very good chance at victory.

Passage from Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, detailing Revan's prowess in the ancient Sith magics.

He held his breath in anticipation, unsure what would come next. A small beam of light projected out from the top, the particles scattered and diffused. They began to shift and spin, coalescing into a cloaked figure, its features competely hidden by the hood of its heavy robe.

Then a voice spoke, crisp and clear. "I am Darth Revan, Dark Lord of the Sith."

The empty halls of the Temple above rumbled with the reverberation of Bane's triumphant, booming laughter.

To Bane it seemed the teachings contained within the single Holocron surpassed those of the Academy's entire archives. Revan had discovered many of the rituals of the ancient Sith, and as the holocron's avatar explained their nature and purpose, Bane could barely wrap his mind around their awesome potential. Some of the rituals were so terrible-so dangerous to attempt, even for a true Sith Master. -that he doubted he would ever dare to use them.

Bane's opinion on Revan, comparing him with the other Sith Lord's of the time.

Revan had been a true Sith Lord, unlike the simpering Masters who bowed to Kaan and his Brotherhood. And soon all his knowledge - his understanding of the dark side - would belong to Bane

Here is a technique that Bane learned from Revan while the former was fighting Kas'im, the best duelist of the galaxy. It is a blast of force energy that destroyed a 20 story structure

On the landing high above, Kas'im stood beneath the massive arch of the Temple entrance, staring down at him.

"I will follow you wherever you run," he said. "Wherever you go I will eventually find you and kill you. Don't live your life in fear, Bane. Better to end it now."

"I agree," Bane replied, hurling out the wave of Force energy he had been gathering during the Blademaster's speech.

There was nothing subtle about Bane's attack: The massive shock wave shook the very foundations of the great Rakatan Temple. The concussive blast had enough power to shatter every bone in Kas'im's body and pulverize his flesh into a mass of pulpy liquid. But at the last possible instant, he threw up a shield to protect himself from the attack.

Unfortunately, he couldn't shield the Temple around him. The walls exploded into great chunks of rubble. The archway collapsed into a shower of stone, burying Kas'im beneat tons of rock and mortar. A second later the rest of the roof caved in, drowning out the Twi'leks dying scream with a deafening rumble.

The force storm technique that Bane learned was from Revan. The same technique was described by the Rakatans, as calling 'lightning from the sky' to slaughter their raiding parties. So far, after measuring Revan's strength, I do not know whether Exar Kun can win.

Force drain can be blocked easily via Revan's shield. Just because Bane could use the technique against a bunch of Massassi who can't defend against the technique, does not mean that he can use it at Revan at all. It would be poor logic to assume that he could, given everything that Revan is described as capable of.

Last edited by zephiel7 on Oct 1st, 2006 at 11:26 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 11:21 PM
Click here to Send zephiel7 a Private Message Find more posts by zephiel7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

It's a good thing that somebody decided to write about Revan, since now we don't have to judge him from KOTOR. It is pretty now obvious that Revan was an exceptional Sith and he becomes even more powerful after the Star Forge. Looks like a lot of ppl were right about Revan after all.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 11:27 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Yes, perhaps he could beat Kun. But Bane seems strong, too. People think that Anakin was strong for collapsing a room in LOE, Bane collapsed an entire temple!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2006 11:47 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup, after reading the novel I believe Revan could beat Kun.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 05:38 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

well a shield is created from a force shield, and a force drain, drains the force completely, note the word "the force" if would destry revan, revan does not know how to loop out of the force at all, not like luke, and a shield doesnt work because it is from the force.

and after the star forge, revan was a lightsider, not a sith lord, not anymore at least, i believed that he learnt those ancient sith techiques before the jedi civil war, and only bane had demonstrated the abilities revan had taught him through the holocron, why i said bane is stronger? because he uses them more often, he uses what ever he had, then why didnt revan use it in the civil war?

not to forget that exar kun can wipe revan out with a full blast of the sith amulet, a simple shield wont help, and remeber the force drain? kreia, the master of revan said certein techniques could not be defended, no defence, only way is, you are not part of the force, you loop out of the force, or you are a wound, even exar kun physically tore luke from his body when he was in kyps body

Last edited by BoratBorat on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 07:22 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 07:18 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

sry for double post, but if revan learnt those techniques after the kotor 1 and 2 era then its contradicting with canon because revan is a jedi, not a sith anymore, and during the jedi civil war, why didnt he use the thought bomb? why doesnt he use the force storm zephiel mentioned that bane used.

sry for being unclear about my upper post, what i meant is, if you use the force to create a shield around you, it is useless against a drain, especially drains from nihilus and exar kun, because the force drain targets the user, it drains the force, and the force shield is from the force, created by a force user, so? that can prove a force shield is useless against a force drain who has been brought up to such heights, both draining whole planets, nihilus on katar and exar kun draining the massasi on yavin.

and innovation? id give it to exar, he was problably the first guy to have ever made a double bladed lightsaber, and dont forget, the jedi knew how dangerous he was, they came to stop him in ships, as an army, he had no chance at all, and even when he reawakened, it took lukes entire JA and vodo to extinguish exars spirit.

but, revan can also win depending on the situation, like if exar lets his guard down, or if he enters the battle field weak, or if he underestimated revan, ok heres this, not being a fanboy, if vader during battle, made a suprise attack on DE palpatine and palpatine did not expect it or fore see it, wouldnt it give vader the upperhand? its the same, it could happen to either exar or revan.

one thing id like to discuss if you guys are ok with it, people always claim nihilus can consume force attacks right? there is no proof am i correct? i came up with a theory, a spoon and a tub of ice cream, guy A is nihilus, the spoon is the force drain, and the ice cream is a victim.

so guy A reaches out with the spoon to scoop the ice cream, now here it is, what if the spoon with the scoop of ice cream is on it, and it goes into guy A's mouth, feeding him? like the spoon with the ice cream is a force attack, instead of guy A scooping the ice cream, he gets spoon fed, like a jedi striking back with a force power

get my point? i know this is off topic but i would like to know if it makes sense or just gibberish

Last edited by BoratBorat on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 01:16 PM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 01:11 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think you misunderstand. Revan learned these techniques as a sith lord. When he first came to the Rakata home world, he apparently created a holocron..There are no contradictions

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 01:30 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

And it's not like Revan couldn't fall to the dark side again...

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 03:37 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Sexiest
Master Of Darth Sexy

A new book just came out about Revan and Bane? Where the hell have I been...Oh yeah...doing drugs in my basement...

Wow, this is unique considering Bane and his story was written like 10 years before Revan was even thought up.
So now there's a book with them together?

I see that Revan was very powerful with the Force now, what is the specific name of that Force Storm technique anyway?

and one more thing, Did it say anything in particular about his lightsaber skills or what Form(s) he uses?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 04:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Sexiest a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Sexiest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

He uses Makashi..

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 05:51 PM
Darth Sexiest
Master Of Darth Sexy

Really? Quite astute of you, my apprentice...

But...uh...I thought he used Juyo and Jar'Kai.

No wait, your right....I heard he learned Makashi when he studied Tulak Horde? But he knew Juyo from his days as a Jedi.

So its Makashi, Juyo and Jar'Kai?

Is the Makashi he knows, Horde's style then? (Horde's Makashi)

Also, was Revan a Jedi Master before he fell, or a knight?

(Good job, Sexy.)

(And I do mean sexy) wink

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 05:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Sexiest a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Sexiest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote