halloween remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hank_mccoy
well a lot of movies got remakes some good some not but how do you think halloweens remake going to be? and do you think that its a good idea to do a remake for halloween? i mean it seems like all they do today is just remakes, why cant they write new scripts? is it so hard to create a good sequel to halloween? why a remake?

LaHaine
there isn't enough information available on what direction zombie will be taking Halloween to even make a judgment.

roughrider
Zombie will have to vastly change his style to do this properly ( Though this remake shouldn't even happen at all.)
It's about being subtle, to build tension - not buckets of gore.

Leathergien
zombie should just make a sequil like a remake will be too lame,
and besides now aday directors are too lazy too make there own scripts which is so f*cked becuase most remakes are just boring and not as good as the originals!

Wolfie
*Cough!*

Excuse me.

cropsy_is_god
I dont really like the 1st Halloween but its a classic film that doesnt need remade. I hope it along with the Friday the 13th remake are total failures.

vintageSW77
Zombie will fill it full of retro 70s chicks in skinny Lynnrd Skynnrd tshirts,cult 70s n 80s horror actors(i guarantee the cop will be played by a cult favourite)and chock full of American 70s rock music.....and Sherry Moons ass will probably get a look in too.

Thats what I reckon!

Mr Parker
I hear that its not really a remake-thank god.that its a prequal where we get to see a younger sam loomis,a younger laurie strode,ect ect and it shows some scenes of michael growing up as a kid and leading to the events to when he gets taken over by the shape.If thats the case,sounds like a promising movie.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I hear that its not really a remake-thank god.that its a prequal where we get to see a younger sam loomis,a younger laurie strode,ect ect and it shows some scenes of michael growing up as a kid and leading to the events to when he gets taken over by the shape.If thats the case,sounds like a promising movie. How so? Doc Loomis didn't meet Michael until after he murdered his sister. He did nothing from when he killed his sister- the original Halloween. Not really sure what can be done for the first few years of his life.

hank_mccoy
I hear that its not really a remake-thank god.that its a prequal where we get to see a younger sam loomis,a younger laurie strode,ect ect and it shows some scenes of michael growing up as a kid and leading to the events to when he gets taken over by the shape.If thats the case,sounds like a promising movie.

it will still suck, we need a sequel of the murder michael mayers... we need something to help us forger the horrible resurrection... we don't need to see what he did as a kid in the mental facility

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Big Sexy
How so? Doc Loomis didn't meet Michael until after he murdered his sister. He did nothing from when he killed his sister- the original Halloween. Not really sure what can be done for the first few years of his life.

uh dude everybody who has followed halloween knows that.what I am saying is that they didnt didnt show him knowing Michael "AS A KID." growing up in the sanitarium.they only showed Loomis AFTER Michael had grown into an adult. Loomis was obviously younger when Michael was a kid growing up in the sanitarium.From what I have heard,they will be showing those flashbacks of Michael growing up as a kid in the sanitarium with Loomis as his doctor trying to reach him like he said in the first movie,Remember in the first movie when he said he spent several years trying to reach him as a doctor,trying to get him to talk? well it seems they are going to be showing Loomis's character in that movie working with michael as his doctor while Michael is growing up as a kid.Same with Laurie.we will see her before she gets into high school.To me,if thats true and thats how it turns out,to me that will be a nice refreshing change.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by hank_mccoy
it will still suck, we need a sequel of the murder michael mayers... we need something to help us forger the horrible resurrection... we don't need to see what he did as a kid in the mental facility

No doubt we need a sequal to forget that horrible resurrection but it looks like thats where they are headed with the new one is showing him as a kid leading up to the events to the day he broke out of the sanitarium.He still gets out as an adult and kills people but apparently its not really a sequal as it is more of a prequal.

Big Sexy
uh dude everybody who has followed halloween knows that.what I am saying is that they didnt didnt show him knowing Michael "AS A KID." growing up in the sanitarium.they only showed Loomis AFTER Michael had grown into an adult. Loomis was obviously younger when Michael was a kid growing up in the sanitarium.From what I have heard,they will be showing those flashbacks of Michael growing up as a kid in the sanitarium with Loomis as his doctor trying to reach him like he said in the first movie,Remember in the first movie when he said he spent several years trying to reach him as a doctor,trying to get him to talk? well it seems they are going to be showing Loomis's character in that movie working with michael as his doctor while Michael is growing up as a kid.Same with Laurie.we will see her before she gets into high school.To me,if thats true and thats how it turns out,to me that will be a nice refreshing change. Like what? Michael said nothing from when he got put into the asylum to when he got out. So the whole movie is Michael staring at a wall?

vintageSW77
Its going to be a big 70s retro movie
Zombie is stuck in that era

Deano
thats fine be me though. id rather have that style.

he should get christopher lee to play loomis. carpenter asked him to do it in the original movie but he turned it down. it would be great to see him as loomis in the sequel

vintageSW77
Yeah thatd be great...
probably will be Lees last movie if he does it
He was looking real frail last time i saw him on tv
guess hell retire soon.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Like what? Michael said nothing from when he got put into the asylum to when he got out. So the whole movie is Michael staring at a wall?

No but Loomis talks obviously. laughing so we would be seeing Loomis constantly talking to Michael.If it was Donald Pleasance in the role I would be elated about that,but since its not,well I really cant get that excited about it.But still,I think that would be interesting.

cking
did you know Christopher lee before Halloween came out, was going to be Dr. loomis?

Mattomic
I've heard Sid Haig's name being bandered around for the role of Dr. Loomis too.....

Mr Parker
Originally posted by cking
did you know Christopher lee before Halloween came out, was going to be Dr. loomis?

Yeah I just learned that recently when I recently bought Halloween and at the end they show some specials like the original trailers for the movie,where it was filmed,where they came up with the idea for the name of the movie,who they originally had in mind for the role and who all turned it down.They had to beg Pleasance to do it.at first he didnt want to do it but fortunately for us he changed his mind.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Mattomic
I've heard Sid Haig's name being bandered around for the role of Dr. Loomis too.....

Thats just a BAD idea

cropsy_is_god
I think they should kill Michael Myers off. Theres nothing more they can do with the Halloween series. If Michael had to kill his entire family does that not mean he has to kill Jamie's baby from part 6 ?

Leathergien
Originally posted by Wolfie
*Cough!*

Excuse me.

whats that for?

Mr Parker
Originally posted by cropsy_is_god
I think they should kill Michael Myers off. Theres nothing more they can do with the Halloween series. If Michael had to kill his entire family does that not mean he has to kill Jamie's baby from part 6 ?

thats why it SHOULD have ended with Halloween H20.It was a perfect way to end the whole thing but No they had to be greedy and go and make another one. mad

Deano
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Thats just a BAD idea

agreed. get someone english

Deano
Yeah I just learned that recently when I recently bought Halloween and at the end they show some specials like the original trailers for the movie,where it was filmed,where they came up with the idea for the name of the movie,who they originally had in mind for the role and who all turned it down.They had to beg Pleasance to do it.at first he didnt want to do it but fortunately for us he changed his mind.

aslo peter cushing was asked to play the doctor. that would of been great

Vladimir
i was wondering, if its a prequel, then IT WILL SUCK! i mean common, look, the only thing that makes michael so distinct is his mas riggt? we already know how he gets it in the first film. If its a prequel, he wont have it, and he will walk around with notihing on? or even if he gets another mask, it will not be the same myers we know. So there shouldnt be a remake, if there is, i will kill myself. i thkn they should make freddy vs. jason vs. michael, i think that will own. have wes craven direct it, and it will be crazy

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Deano
agreed. get someone english

Dunno ...bit lazy but maybe Anthony Hopkins
hed be good..getting on a bit too now.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by vintageSW77
...bit lazy n i know hes welsh but maybe Anthony Hopkins
hed be good..getting on a bit too now.

jdclar
uh dude everybody who has followed halloween knows that.what I am saying is that they didnt didnt show him knowing Michael "AS A KID." growing up in the sanitarium.they only showed Loomis AFTER Michael had grown into an adult. Loomis was obviously younger when Michael was a kid growing up in the sanitarium.From what I have heard,they will be showing those flashbacks of Michael growing up as a kid in the sanitarium with Loomis as his doctor trying to reach him like he said in the first movie,Remember in the first movie when he said he spent several years trying to reach him as a doctor,trying to get him to talk? well it seems they are going to be showing Loomis's character in that movie working with michael as his doctor while Michael is growing up as a kid.Same with Laurie.we will see her before she gets into high school.To me,if thats true and thats how it turns out,to me that will be a nice refreshing change.

I agree, I like that idea. I just hope they do it justice sad

Nordicdusk
There would be so much that they could do with it to make the original story stronger but you just know that wont happen and it will be a sham i just hope im wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.