Dr. Strange vs The Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Dr. Strange
http://www.ift.unesp.br/users/crmafra/doc_strange/strange24.jpg

vs

The Flash (Wally West)
http://www.hollywoodcomics.com/ladflash.jpg

who wins . no PIS

Priest
Strange could win

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Priest
Strange could win

If he had his sheilds up

Brian Oswald
Does Strange get prep?

Soljer
As long as Strange starts with a Shield up, he wins.

Otherwise, speedblitz.

thedude1948
Uhh, if Dr Strange can beat speedblitzes from Silver Surfer how is The Flash going to do it?.....

Soljer
Originally posted by thedude1948
Uhh, if Dr Strange can beat speedblitzes from Silver Surfer how is The Flash going to do it?.....

The only 'speedblitz' of the surfer that Strange has countered was barely supersonic.

Multiples of the speed of light is quite a bit faster than the speed of sound.

thedude1948
Originally posted by Soljer
The only 'speedblitz' of the surfer that Strange has countered was barely supersonic.

Multiples of the speed of light is quite a bit faster than the speed of sound. Surfer was going faster than the speed of sound also....

Soljer
Surfer was going faster than the speed of sound also....

Hence, Supersonic.

Post the scans if you wish, they should be in Long Pig's Doc Strange respect thread. I'm pretty sure Strange explicitly says that the Surfer is going just over the speed of sound.

thedude1948
You are misinterpreting the scene. Strange said that either Surfer isn't answering him or he is going faster than the speed of sound and when he is answering Strange he is going so much faster than the soundwaves that it is like he isn't talking at all...

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9748/surferco5.th.jpg
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/594/surfer2ph4.th.jpg

Also Strange wins 10/10, his sixth sense will put up a shield from Flash before he can do anything to him and then Strange teleports him into another dimension.

Soljer
You are misinterpreting the scene. Strange said that either Surfer isn't answering him or he is going faster than the speed of sound and when he is answering Strange he is going so much faster than the soundwaves that it is like he isn't talking at all...

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9748/surferco5.th.jpg
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/594/surfer2ph4.th.jpg

Also Strange wins 10/10, his sixth sense will put up a shield from Flash before he can do anything to him and then Strange teleports him into another dimension.

How am I misinterpreting that?

The surfer was going faster than sound.

I said the surfer was travelling at supersonic speeds.

The two statements are consistent.

Also, the statement that supersonic <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Multiples of lightspeed

Is ALSO true.

thedude1948
All the scan says is that Surfer was going faster than the speed of sound why would you assume he was only going supersonic speeds when he regularly moves at or faster than the speed of light? do you assume when the Hulk punches someone that if his strength isnt stated he is only punching with 1% of his strength? I hope not.... then why would Surfer only be moving at 1% of his speed?

Soljer
All the scan says is that Surfer was going faster than the speed of sound why would you assume he was only going supersonic speeds when he regularly moves at or faster than the speed of light? do you assume when the Hulk punches someone that if his strength isnt stated he is only punching with 1% of his strength? I hope not.... then why would Surfer only be moving at 1% of his speed?

Because, the Surfer was explicitly stated to be going faster than the speed of sound. Therefore, all we can assume is super sonic.

If the hulk is stated to punch someone with "Over 1% of his strength," he clearly isn't punching full force.

Not to mention the whole "They were in an atmosphere" thing, that tends to slow the Surfer down.

thedude1948
Because, the Surfer was explicitly stated to be going faster than the speed of sound. Therefore, all we can assume is super sonic.

If the hulk is stated to punch someone with "Over 1% of his strength," he clearly isn't punching full force.

Not to mention the whole "They were in an atmosphere" thing, that tends to slow the Surfer down.

Do you realize that the only reason that Surfer going faster than the speed of sound is mentioned is to explain the reason that Strange couldn't hear him speaking?!?!??

Soljer
Do you realize that the only reason that Surfer going faster than the speed of sound is mentioned is to explain the reason that Strange couldn't hear him speaking?!?!??

Or, perhaps the Surfer just wasn't responding?

whistle

thedude1948
Or, perhaps the Surfer just wasn't responding?

whistle

......................... thumb down

great_dane
well lets say he had his shield up, i still dont see how Dr. strange would hurt him, and though his shields are very durable, i don't see them withstanding a few thousand infinate mass punches in a couple seconds.

i would say flash ftw 8/10

Galan777
Originally posted by great_dane
well lets say he had his shield up, i still dont see how Dr. strange would hurt him, and though his shields are very durable, i don't see them withstanding a few thousand infinate mass punches in a couple seconds.

i would say flash ftw 8/10 Why am I not surprised? roll eyes (sarcastic)

great_dane
no but really, i'm being serious.

what could strange possibly do?? he would never hit him with any of his attacks, and if one would to get close, he'd viabrate through it, which he can probably do to his shields

Galan777
Strange goes "poof" and Flash ends up in an alternate dimension from which he cannot escape.....

That was what Strange was going to do to the Beyonder at first. So if that dimension could hold Beyonder, then Flash would never escape it.

Milkie
Flash is able to move between multiple dimensions

Sub_Mariner

what could strange possibly do?? he would never hit him with any of his attacks, and if one would to get close, he'd viabrate through it, which he can probably do to his shields

What can Strange do?

Accept Stranges Power

Galan777
Originally posted by Milkie
Flash is able to move between multiple dimensions Strange was going to trap the Beyonder into an inescapable dimension, and even the Beyonder said he wouldnt have been able to free himself from it, so if it could have held him, then Flash wont be running out of it IMO.

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan777
Strange goes "poof" and Flash ends up in an alternate dimension from which he cannot escape.....

That was what Strange was going to do to the Beyonder at first. So if that dimension could hold Beyonder, then Flash would never escape it. Why didn't he do that to the guy that shot him in the stomach last issue? confused

h1a8

Multiples of the speed of light is quite a bit faster than the speed of sound.

Doesn't matter since one would have to be super human to respond to that speed anyway. Thus if strange could respond to this speed what makes you think that he couldn't a higher speed? He is magical.

Juntai
Originally posted by h1a8
Doesn't matter since one would have to be super human to respond to that speed anyway. Thus if strange could respond to this speed what makes you think that he couldn't a higher speed? He is magical. Why didn't Strange fly and take the Gauntlet off of Thanos then? I mean, he's magic!

Board Walker
Wally does more then move fast stick out tongue, Wally proceeds to take all kinetic energy from Strange including his forcefield making it null.

With no kinetic energy, magic or not, if it exist then it needs kenitic energy, and without it Strange will not be thinking, moving, or doing much anything, same goes for his shields, constructus, and energy blast.

Who has better manipulation of energy at the core? Flash by far, Magic may be used to create bonds, shields, and energy blast, but they are still energy, and all energy is kinetic.

great_dane
flash is able to time travel and enter and exit multi-dimensional universes simultaniously, and almost instantly. well wally west can, and he's the flash were speaking of, so if he were to send him to a dimension, he would be able to get out. he's is also capable of time travel instantly and with no help of the cosmic treadmeal, Dr. strange wouldn't be able to contain him in a dimension, if anything once sent there, flash would re-emerge and hit Dr. strange with the forec of a couple thousand suns without him realizing it

Sub_Mariner
flash is able to time travel and enter and exit multi-dimensional universes simultaniously, and almost instantly. well wally west can, and he's the flash were speaking of, so if he were to send him to a dimension, he would be able to get out. he's is also capable of time travel instantly and with no help of the cosmic treadmeal, Dr. strange wouldn't be able to contain him in a dimension, if anything once sent there, flash would re-emerge and hit Dr. strange with the forec of a couple thousand suns without him realizing it

Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
What can Strange do?

Accept Stranges Power

No one takes you seriously anyway.

h1a8
Originally posted by Juntai
Why didn't Strange fly and take the Gauntlet off of Thanos then? I mean, he's magic!
because the writers didn't won't him to do that
why don't supes uses his speed often?
why don't dr. strange stop time every battle to win?

Galan777
Originally posted by Juntai
Why didn't he do that to the guy that shot him in the stomach last issue? confused The point is that Strange WAS going to do this to the Beyonder, but decided against it....... So unless you think that Flash is more powerful then Beyonder in that sense, Strange could win.

h1a8

who cares
he could just turn him into a table

also flash has no idea of where he is going once he travels this way
Thus he can't purposely go to a certain place or time

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Board Walker
all energy is kinetic.

Huh? Since when? confused

Board Walker
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

Since quite a while, in order for it to be energy, it is kinetic.

Galan777
Since quite a while, in order for it to be energy, it is kinetic. So that crap they teach you about Potential energy is untrue, and only Kinetic energy exists?

WOW! confused

Board Walker
So that crap they teach you about Potential energy is untrue, and only Kinetic energy exists?

WOW! confused

Not at all, potential energy is energy that is "captured" in an object, with the potential to be released.

The energy "captured" or not, is still kinetic.

Galan777
Not at all, potential energy is energy that is "captured" in an object, with the potential to be released.

The energy "captured" or not, is still kinetic. hmmm, Potential energy only has the Potential to become Kinetic energy, hence its name.....

h1a8

Do you even know what kinetic is or means by definition?
If you did you wouldn't be saying such nonsense.

ExodusCloak

That's not what I learnt...ALL particles are moving and therefore contain Kinetic Energy....but this whole idea about all energy being Kinetic Energy is a first...where did you learn this, school?

Energy is converted from one form to another...so Kinetic to Electrical and Heat and Light etc... but that doesn't mean it's all Kinetic...

TBH I've never heard of the ALL energy is Kinetic concept....anyone else hear of this....hmm might try google...

Board Walker
That's not what I learnt...ALL particles are moving and therefore contain Kinetic Energy....but this whole idea about all energy being Kinetic Energy is a first...where did you learn this, school?

Energy is converted from one form to another...

TBH I've never heard of this concept....anyone else hear of this....hmm might try google...

This is what I meant.

Board Walker
hmmm, Potential energy only has the Potential to become Kinetic energy, hence its name.....

Exodus explained it quite simply and to the point, some thing which I tried and missed doing in my last few post.

Gravitational potential energy is the energy that would be released if an object in a gravitational field (such as the earth's gravitational field) were allowed to fall from its current position to a given reference level (such as the surface of the earth). Equivalently, it is the energy required to raise the object from the reference level to the given height.

Still even when in orbit its molecules, still have kinetic energy, as all things do.

Galan777
This is what I meant.

Hmmm, thats really not what it sounded like.... wink

h1a8
This is what I meant.
so you admit you said nonsense

ExodusCloak
This is what I meant.

Oh cool then...phew thought I was losing it...

In that case...Atoms, Molecules, Sub Atomic particles are physical masses which vibrate(Kinetic Energy)....Energy itself doesn't do this...therefore...the Flash wouldn't be able to manipulate Stranges Energy based shields...because they're made out of Magical Energy...(Whatever that is).....likewise the Flash wouldn't be able to manipulate Chemical Energy, Light Energy, Heat Energy...etc....Well not directly anyway...

Board Walker
Hmmm, thats really not what it sounded like.... wink

Let me explain for you, since you seem to think otherwise, by captured I refer to gravitational potential, For example, a book lying on a table has greater gravitational potential energy than the same book on the floor, but less than if it were on top of a tall cupboard. To raise the book from the floor to the table, work must be done, and energy supplied. (If the book is lifted by a person then this is provided by the chemical energy obtained from that person's food and then stored in the chemicals of the body.) Assuming perfect efficiency (no energy losses), the energy supplied to lift the book is exactly the same as the increase in the book's gravitational potential energy. The book's potential energy can be released by knocking it off the table. As the book falls, its potential energy is converted to kinetic energy. When the book hits the floor this kinetic energy is converted into heat and sound by the impact.

Even when "captured" gravitationaly or chemically, it still has kinetic energy, as its molecules do, as all things do.

great_dane
omg. stfu.

flash ftw 8/10
9/10

Board Walker
Oh cool then...phew thought I was losing it...

In that case...Atoms, Molecules, Sub Atomic particles are physical mass....Energy can be converted to mass...but it's not the same thing...therefore...the Flash wouldn't be able to manipulate Stranges Energy based shields...because they're made out of Magical Energy...(Whatever that is).....

And why wouldn't he able to manipulate the shields, mass or not? That made no sense, In order for some thing to have "mass" it needs to be made up yes thats right, atoms, corks, strings, etc.

And all atoms, corks, strings, are charged and moving, thus they all have kinetic energy, this is what Flash manipulates.

So magical or not, if it has mass or energy, he can manipulate it.

Galan777
Let me explain for you, since you seem to think otherwise, by captured I refer to gravitational potential, For example, a book lying on a table has greater gravitational potential energy than the same book on the floor, but less than if it were on top of a tall cupboard. To raise the book from the floor to the table, work must be done, and energy supplied. (If the book is lifted by a person then this is provided by the chemical energy obtained from that person's food and then stored in the chemicals of the body.) Assuming perfect efficiency (no energy losses), the energy supplied to lift the book is exactly the same as the increase in the book's gravitational potential energy. The book's potential energy can be released by knocking it off the table. As the book falls, its potential energy is converted to kinetic energy. When the book hits the floor this kinetic energy is converted into heat and sound by the impact.

Even when "captured" gravitationaly or chemically, it still has kinetic energy, as its molecules do, as all things do. Yeah I understand what you mean NOW, but I'm sure you can understand why people thought you were going batty at first stick out tongue

Galan777
So magical or not, if it has mass or energy, he can manipulate it. When on pannel has Flash manipulated Magical energy?

Board Walker
Yeah I understand what you mean NOW, but I'm sure you can understand why people thought you were going batty at first stick out tongue

I still see nothing wrong with the second quote, all energy is kinetic, in that all mass is made of Atoms, Corks, Strings, which are all moving and charged, which means they are all kinetic.

Board Walker
When on pannel has Flash manipulated Magical energy?

So basically your trying to win this by claiming its magical? Your trying to pull the biggest PIS card in comics?

Well I do have a counter for it, Flash has manipulated magical energy, and magical beings before, such as Diana (WW), both taking and giving kinetic energy from and to her.

ExodusCloak
And why wouldn't he able to manipulate the shields, mass or not? That made no sense, In order for some thing to have "mass" it needs to be made up yes thats right, atoms, corks, strings, etc.

And all atoms, corks, strings, are charged and moving, thus they all have kinetic energy, this is what Flash manipulates.

So magical or not, if it has mass or energy, he can manipulate it.

Energy has no mass..it's not made up of Atoms, Quarks etc...

All Atoms are moving and therefore possess Kinetic Energy....But an Energy Shield...is just energy...no mass involved....and no Kinetic Energy involved...

How to put it...

For instance Flash shouldn't be able to manipulate Kinetic Energy in a vaccum....because there's no matter to steal KE from...nor would he be able to manipulate a Light Beam in a Vaccum....

Stranges shields are just Energy not physical matter which vibrates....

It's like light...there is no kinetic energy present in light...therefore Flash won't be able to do anything to light energy....

Sub_Mariner
So basically your trying to win this by claiming its magical? Your trying to pull the biggest PIS card in comics?

Well I do have a counter for it, Flash has manipulated magical energy, and magical beings before, such as Diana (WW), both taking and giving kinetic energy from and to her.

Are you telling me Magic spells aren't magical?

Do you realise you talk utter sh*t?

Board Walker
Energy has no mass..it's not made up of Atoms, Quarks etc...

All Atoms are moving and therefore possess Kinetic Energy....But an Energy Shield...is just energy...no mass involved....and no Kinetic Energy involved...

How to put it...

For instance Flash shouldn't be able to manipulate Kinetic Energy in a vaccum....because there's no matter to steal KE from...

Stranges shields are just Energy not physical matter which vibrates....

Not true on two parts, light has shown to have some mass, and secondly, if Strange's shields or projectiles has no mass then Flash could pass right through them, and thus they wouldn't be a effective shield.

Board Walker
Are you telling me Magic spells aren't magical?

Do you realise you talk utter sh*t?

Do you realize how immature you sound right now?

You are trying to win a debate purely by claiming it is magical and thus immune to all sense and logic?

By that train of thinking, then Flash is also magical, as their is no physical explination for his powers, thus by the definition of magic Flash would also be magic, see how easy that was?

Now do please try to debate peacefuly and logicaly, if you want respect then please do show it, thank you. smile

Galan777
So basically your trying to win this by claiming its magical? Your trying to pull the biggest PIS card in comics? So Strange using magic is PIS? laughing

Well I do have a counter for it, Flash has manipulated magical energy, and magical beings before, such as Diana (WW), both taking and giving kinetic energy from and to her. Thats not actually manipulating Magical energies though...

Sub_Mariner
Do you realize how immature you sound right now?

You are trying to win a debate purely by claiming it is magical and thus immune to all sense and logic?

By that train of thinking, then Flash is also magical, as their is no physical explination for his powers, thus by the definition of magic Flash would also be magic, see how easy that was?

Now do please try to debate peacefuly and logicaly, if you want respect then please do show it, thank you. smile

I don't want respect off you. n00b.

You said Magic is non-Magical energy.

Please debate logically, thank you. smile

Board Walker
So Strange using magic is PIS? laughing

Thats not actually manipulating Magical energies though...

Now you are setting a double standard, Diana is as magic as they come, her powers, her body, her weaponry, down to the very blood of her, is magical.

So please do not try to dismiss her as not being magical.

h1a8

Even when "captured" gravitationaly or chemically, it still has kinetic energy, as its molecules do, as all things do.

False
The book never has kinetic energy unless it is moving (by defin)
And you assume all things in the marvel universe is made out of atoms or moving particles. False again. Magic is undefined and cannot be known as to what nature or the physics of it operates in.

Board Walker
I don't want respect off you. n00b.

You said Magic is non-Magical energy.

Please debate logically, thank you. smile

O you silly boy, I said magical energy is still energy, and thus kinetic, thank you for being o so polite and understanding, but it seems this train of thinking of escaped your grasp, maybe you will have better comprehension next time. smile

You vocabulary also reflects upon your oh so polite character.

Galan777
Now you are setting a double standard, Diana is as magic as they come, her powers, her body, her weaponry, down to the very blood of her, is magical.

So please do not try to dismiss her as not being magical. I didn't i simply said that giving or taking Kinetic energy from her dosent mean that Flash is somehow capable of manipulating magical energy....

Show me where Flash actually manipulated Magical energy and I will argue no further, but he hasn't manipulated such energy has he??

Sub_Mariner
O you silly boy, I said magical energy is still energy, and thus kinetic, thank you for being o so polite and understanding, but it seems this train of thinking of escaped your grasp, maybe you will have better comprehension next time. smile

You vocabulary also reflects upon your oh so polite character.

Now you are saying all energies are kinetic. Admit it you do not know what you are on about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Board Walker
False
The book never has kinetic energy unless it is moving (by defin)
And you assume all things in the marvel universe is made out of atoms or moving particles. False again. Magic is undefined and cannot be known as to what nature or the physics of it operates in.

You are mistaken, the book has mass does it not? It is formed of atoms, and strings is it not? Thus they are charged and moving, thus they do are kinetic.

Secondly claiming some thing is magical and thus cannot be explained so their is no way to defeat it in a debate? How silly, by the definition of magic, which is some thing that cannot be explained in physical terms, Flash would be just as magical as Dr. Strange.

ExodusCloak
Not true on two parts, light has shown to have some mass, and secondly, if Strange's shields or projectiles has no mass then Flash could pass right through them, and thus they wouldn't be a effective shield.

Light is Electromagnetic Radiation....how does it have mass? Does Kinetic Energy have mass? Nope it doesn't...

Here's you go:
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SR/light_mass.html]Light doesn't have Mass

Magnetos Shields are massless...they're all down to Charge....Like repels like...etc...

Plus Stranges shields are Magic...so who knows how those work....

Fact remains ALL energy is not Kinetic Energy...Moving Matter possesses Kinetic Energy...Kinetic Energy is converted into other forms of Energy...and vice versa

Board Walker
Now you are saying all energies are kinetic. Admit it you do not know what you are on about. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You really do not understand do you?

What is all matter made of? Atoms and Strings if you want to go further.

Are all atoms charged and moving? Yes

Thus they are kinetic.

At the very core of all things, they are kinetic, why that is so hard for you to understand I don't know, maybe it is because you have such a narrowminded view of the definition and understanding of Energy.

Board Walker
Light is Electromagnetic Radiation....how does it have mass? Does Kinetic Energy have mass? Nope it doesn't...

Here's you go:
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SR/light_mass.html]Light doesn't have Mass

Magnetos Shields are massless...they're all down to Charge....Like repels like...etc...

Plus Stranges shields are Magic...so who knows how those work....

Fact remains ALL energy is not Kinetic Energy....

Wrong, I will provide the links later, research has shown Light does have some mass, so your point is null and outdated. (Ever heard of solar sails?)

Secondly, if some thing is charged, then at a sub atomic level, it is moving, and thus it has kinetic energy.

ExodusCloak
Wrong, I will provide the links later, research has shown Light does have some mass, so your point is null and outdated. (Ever heard of solar sails?)

Secondly, if some thing is charged, then at a sub atomic level, it is moving, and thus it has kinetic energy.

Photons have no mass....

The charge is a Electromagnetic Force....not a mass....

h1a8

So please do not try to dismiss her as not being magical.

who cares if she is magical
a magical force field is different entirely.
And light has no mass. Only crackpot physicists say this
If it did it would violate the laws of relativity

Also it is incorrect reasoning to assume it an object cannot penetrate something then that something is made out of atoms, quarks, etc.

Board Walker
Photons have no mass....

The charge is a Electromagnetic Force....not a mass....

That is not what proven research has shown

You still do not understand what I am saying, do you?

Electromagnetic or not, if it is charged, then at the sub molecular level it is moving, and if so it has kinetic energy.

usagi_yojimbo
Hard to say. If Strange can get the drop on Flash fast enough, he can win this. It really depends on how motivated Flash is to win this fight. As seen on JLU, Flash can be a very dangerous man when he's going all out and using his full potential.

Board Walker
who cares if she is magical
a magical force field is different entirely.
And light has no mass. Only crackpot physicists say this
If it did it would violate the laws of relativity

Also it is incorrect reasoning to assume it an object cannot penetrate something then that something is made out of atoms, quarks, etc.

Crackpot scientist? You mean proven study, such as solar wind mills? Being moved by light, and solar sails already in design?

You really should at least know some thing about what you are speaking of, before actually speaking of it.

Your post also shows you know little to nothing of Diana (Wonderwoman) She has perhaps the strongest magical shield in comics.

I do not mean to show anyone disrespect, but when no respect is shown to me, I become some what less patient.

ExodusCloak

Electromagnetic or not, if it is charged, then at the sub molecular level it is moving, and if so it has kinetic energy.

I want to see this proven research....because Light having a mass would screw with the Mass-Energy concept Einstein came up with...

Electromagnetic Force is the energy that holds the nucleus together....and atoms together....

The EF is responsible for the movement of the electrons around the nucleus, the EF energy is converted to Kinetic Energy...it is not KE itself...

Which is the whole point...KE does not equate to being the same as Light Energy, Gravatational Energy etc...

h1a8

h1a8

What is moving? Never say it unless you have stated what it is.
I have studied physics for quite some time. Over 10 years ago a crackpot physicist tried to convince me that light has some mass.
If it did then it would violate the known laws of relativity. Are you saying that those laws are false? Energy and mass are two different things. Yet you are implying they are the same. How? Mass has mass and energy doesn't. Lastly string theory is being abandoned right now. And for good reason. So don't even go there pulling our strings okay. laughing

ExodusCloak
Crackpot scientist? You mean proven study, such as solar wind mills? Being moved by light, and solar sails already in design?

You really should at least know some thing about what you are speaking of, before actually speaking of it.

Your post also shows you know little to nothing of Diana (Wonderwoman) She has perhaps the strongest magical shield in comics.

I do not mean to show anyone disrespect, but when no respect is shown to me, I become some what less patient.

Solar Windmills...use Solar panels....

And Solar Sails....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/exploration/futurespaceflight/solarsails.shtml

The Suns Photons are so intense....that they create a force that is so great...(Force does not = mass) which happens to be enough to push the sail....

h1a8

Energy is the ability to do work. Or move something massive with a force over a distance. You imply that for something to move something else it must have mass. Rethink that logic.

What force shields does diana have?
Doesn't matter since you falsely assume that all magic is made of the same stuff.

ExodusCloak
"The spacecraft deploys a large membrane mirror which reflects light from the Sun or some other source. The radiation pressure on the mirror provides a minuscule amount of thrust by reflecting photons. Tilting the reflective sail at an angle from the Sun produces thrust at an angle that bisects the angle between the Sun and the spacecraft. In most designs, steering would be done with auxiliary vanes, acting as small solar sails to change the attitude of the large solar sail (see the vanes on the illustration). The vanes would be adjusted by electric motors."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_sail

Light has no mass.....Photons have no mass....

Einsteins Mass-Energy concept still holds today....

BTW Jesse7 that you? Why the change of username?

Stupid Rookie

Ecactly, board walker you are dumb.

Kinetic energy is the energy that a body possesses as a result of its motion.

Stupid Rookie

No it isn't. Ever hear of potential energy?

Better yet, have you ever heard of the law of conservation of energy.

Fire a bullet up in the air, and as gravity takes its toll the bullet slows down (assume no wind and straight shot) as the bullet rises its Kinetic energy is decreasing and potential (energy of position) is increasing. FInally the bullet stops and for a brief moment is no longer in motion. At that moment the bullet has ONLY potentail energy, and that PE is equal to the K energy from when the bullet was first fired.

I am oversimplifying a ton here and know that, but was trying to show you what conservation of energy is.

You are just plain wrong on this energy stuff.

Ek= (1/2) MV^2 at the top the bullet isn't moving.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
Ecactly, board walker you are dumb.

Kinetic energy is the energy that a body possesses as a result of its motion.

Thank you for pointing that out. I don't know how a magical blast could ever possess kinetic energy?

great_dane
doesnt matter, the'd never hit the flash. this isnt about what has and what doesnt have kinetic energy. its about how the flash would never get hit by an attack and and would beat dr. strange ftw

ExtraMision5555
this is spiraling into a scientific debate, but i like it

h1a8
doesnt matter, the'd never hit the flash. this isnt about what has and what doesnt have kinetic energy. its about how the flash would never get hit by an attack and and would beat dr. strange ftw

False
Stranges stops time and turns flash into a table.

Stupid Rookie

Sorry great dane, it does matter when people pull absolute BS out of nowhere and use it for justification of a win. I could say SS will beat anyone by farting and you would get pissed. I am not even arguing that Strange would win (although I think he is being underrated here) I am simply stating that all this crap about Kinetic energy is BS.

great_dane
i know. im not saying your not, but all im saying is that whether or not it is kinetic energy, flash would beat dr. strange.

when did strange get the ability to manipulte matter?

ExtraMision5555
Ok, but honestly, is flash magic resistant? is he anus beating resistant? doesnt strange have pre-cog? i really cant see flash wining aginast strange, speedforce or not

ExtraMision5555
And another question, and i actually would like to know, has flash EVER shown the ability to be able to manipulate magical entities/things, such as that dr strange would be using -- and at a dr strange calibur?

Galan777
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
And another question, and i actually would like to know, has flash EVER shown the ability to be able to manipulate magical entities/things, such as that dr strange would be using -- and at a dr strange calibur? I asked the same question a page or so ago, and it was rapidly avoided...

Soljer
I asked the same question a page or so ago, and it was rapidly avoided...

The ONLY explanation that was even ATTEMPTED to be given was something along the lines of: "Flash can manipulate magical beings, because he gave Kinetic Energy to Diana"

But....that's still the Flash manipulating kinetic energy, and NOT manipulating magical energy.

Assuming that Strange has his shields up at the beginning of the fight....

I like the "Stops time and turns flash into a table" approach.

I'm sure Wong wouldn't mind a new red, lightning bolt emblazoned table in the mansion.

JediMasterLuke5
Im really a big flash hater, becuz basically he's just Superman minus all Supe's extra powers, but thats beside the point, Flash wins only if Strange is not prepared for the attack, which will probably be the majority of the time since The Flash thinks at great speeds which enable him to speed blitz some one before they even know whats happening.

Flash 7/10

ExtraMision5555
The ONLY explanation that was even ATTEMPTED to be given was something along the lines of: "Flash can manipulate magical beings, because he gave Kinetic Energy to Diana"

But....that's still the Flash manipulating kinetic energy, and NOT manipulating magical energy.

Assuming that Strange has his shields up at the beginning of the fight....

I like the "Stops time and turns flash into a table" approach.

I'm sure Wong wouldn't mind a new red, lightning bolt emblazoned table in the mansion.

thumb up
and rofl@lightning bolt embazoned table

ExtraMision5555
I asked the same question a page or so ago, and it was rapidly avoided...

laughing laughing laughing
becuase im sure he hasnt

Juntai
because the writers didn't won't him to do that
why don't supes uses his speed often?
why don't dr. strange stop time every battle to win? Invalid, Supes does usually use his speed.

long pig
Depends on what you read.

In Strange's comics, he's got autoshields, in other comics or crossovers, he doesn't.
When his auto-shields are on, they can take nearly anything.

Still, he doesn't need them to fight Flash. Strange's body doesn't even need to be alive for Strange to win.
Astral ghost time attack for the 10/10 win.

the Darkone
Originally posted by long pig
Depends on what you read.

In Strange's comics, he's got autoshields, in other comics or crossovers, he doesn't.
When his auto-shields are on, they can take nearly anything.

Still, he doesn't need them to fight Flash. Strange's body doesn't even need to be alive for Strange to win.
Astral ghost time attack for the 10/10 win.

^^ exactly. Hell strange will send Flash to battle the mindless ones for all eternity, Strange non-jobber is one of the most powerful beings in comics.

long pig
I'd wager Strange has more control over time than Flash does.

great_dane
the flash can time travel instantly, as well as go through different dimensions instantly. he can enter the speedforec instantly which causes a time hickup in his eyes, and re-emerge from it which seems instantly but to him feeld as though he's been in the speedforce for a good amount of time,. while strange is trying to control time, he'd of gone back (can think and react faster than speeds of light) and use about a couple thousand finger snaps to destroy countless amounts of cities as well as dr. strange. even with his shields up, he has melted his body into a liquid to defeat mirror master, so with his shields up he'd melt his body into the ground and come up from underneath strange where he is now inprisoned in a little shield solitude of hell, where the flash is fingersnapping, viabrating through his body countless amounts of time, making tornados, creating multi-vortexes to suck the oxygen out of his body, uing his heat touch to make the surface of his skin reach temperatues hotter than the sun, and to give dr. strange somewhat of a chance, lets just say the flash does this in not 3 sec. but 5.

flash ftw 9/10
10/10

Priest
the flash can time travel instantly, as well as go through different dimensions instantly. he can enter the speedforec instantly which causes a time hickup in his eyes, and re-emerge from it which seems instantly but to him feeld as though he's been in the speedforce for a good amount of time,. while strange is trying to control time, he'd of gone back (can think and react faster than speeds of light) and use about a couple thousand finger snaps to destroy countless amounts of cities as well as dr. strange. even with his shields up, he has melted his body into a liquid to defeat mirror master, so with his shields up he'd melt his body into the ground and come up from underneath strange where he is now inprisoned in a little shield solitude of hell, where the flash is fingersnapping, viabrating through his body countless amounts of time, making tornados, creating multi-vortexes to suck the oxygen out of his body, uing his heat touch to make the surface of his skin reach temperatues hotter than the sun, and to give dr. strange somewhat of a chance, lets just say the flash does this in not 3 sec. but 5.

flash ftw 9/10
10/10

lol, why 5 seconds?

h1a8

flash ftw 9/10
10/10

Your argument is good except for the fact that flash won't be penetrating Strange's shield. Thus no vibrating through it. Nothing will get in and nothing will get out. Thus no sucking out oxygen.

I doubt that flash can melt anything that fast. As it takes time for a substance to respond and melt. Nothing melts instantly. If he creates to much heat then he and the ground will disintegrate and no melting will ever occur.

Plus Strange is defended against heat, cold, physical attacks, oxygen sucking, energy projection, etc. in his shield. It is possible that he can survive in the sun with his shield. For he has endured much worse from beings who's energy blasts greatly exceeds the temperature of the sun.

Also, flash can only time travel and dimension travel by traveling faster than the speed of light (which takes him time to accelerate to a point where he enters the speed force-thus he can't travel this way instantaneously). He has no control over what time or place he will end up at. It is even possible for him to end up in the core of a star 1 million years in the past where he would die immediately. That is why he only does this in extreme emergencies.

So strange wins 10/10

complexbrother
I still say Dr. Strange should take this .

don't ask me how .

complexbrother
bump

xJLxKing
Flash steals his speed .0001 second, and then kills him in .01 seconds. No time for strange to do anything big grin

psycho gundam
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Flash steals his speed .0001 second, and then kills him in .01 seconds. No time for strange to do anything big grin cause that's the way he always fights right...

not being able to kill strange is why he can't win a majority, cause once strange knows what's up.. strange ends it.

this probably ends with flash in some sort of magical energy shackles, or a forced sleeping spell.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by psycho gundam
cause that's the way he always fights right...

not being able to kill strange is why he can't win a majority, cause once strange knows what's up.. strange ends it.

this probably ends with flash in some sort of magical energy shackles, or a forced sleeping spell.
You should know the rules allow the characters to fight at the best of their ability. So even if Flash won't kill him, he will still KO him.

jalek moye
flash winds up trapped in some pocket demension with magic shackles around his entire being and asleep.

Mindset
You should know the rules allow the characters to fight at the best of their ability. So even if Flash won't kill him, he will still KO him. CIS, look it up.

Nihilist
You should know the rules allow the characters to fight at the best of their ability. So even if Flash won't kill him, he will still KO him. how would he ko him with his auto sheilds up.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Nihilist
how would he ko him with his auto sheilds up.
I doubt that Strange can even get his shield up in .000000001 seconds. He will be a statue.

Kris Blaze
I always had Strange down as "beyond" plain physical pain.

Nihilist
I doubt that Strange can even get his shield up in .000000001 seconds. He will be a statue. as stated at the best of their abilities/peak condition his auto sheilds were permantly up as show when he was randomly struck by lighting.

xJLxKing
as stated at the best of their abilities/peak condition his auto sheilds were permantly up as show when he was randomly struck by lighting. Lighting=speed of sound flash= much faster then light

Mindset
Lighting=speed of sound flash= much faster then light Lightning is about half the speed of light.

Nihilist
Lighting=speed of sound flash= much faster then light you dont seem to understand his sheilds are PERMANTLY up,as in always.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Mindset
Lightning is about half the speed of light.
O, but Flash is faster

tjcoady
you dont seem to understand his sheilds are PERMANTLY up,as in always.

Not precisely "always." Strange doesn't have perma-shields, exactly- like when he's chilling at home (for instance, in a fight against a demon-possessed Wolverine).

But they're more or less constantly there to the point where you might as well take them for granted.

Mekrob
Flash spams the low punch.

jalek moye
Originally posted by tjcoady
Not precisely "always." Strange doesn't have perma-shields, exactly- like when he's chilling at home (for instance, in a fight against a demon-possessed Wolverine).

But they're more or less constantly there to the point where you might as well take them for granted.
they are on anytime he's out basically

Draco69
Current Strange dies horribly....

Flash 10/10

Naija boy
I doubt Current strange has any autoshields. How the mighty have fallen

Draco69
Originally posted by Naija boy
I doubt Current strange has any autoshields. How the mighty have fallen

If he had auto-shields, he wouldn't have been owned by a goddamn ninja.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Draco69

Heh. Ironically Classic strange in addition to his magical powers was a high level martial artist.

SupremeMan
Pretty simple and people have said it.

No prep/ no defenses up: Speedblitz/ the end.

Prep/ even just time to put defenses up: Strange should be able to do something that drops the Flash or at least put himself into a situation where the Flash can't take him out.

SupremeMan

I don't think Strange has to physically target him and fire blasts at him. He would have to do something that blanketed an area and psychically attacked him.

One thing that amazed me in those scans is that it looked like Strange took a blast from the Surfer before his shields were up. Or maybe the images I was seeing were too small and that's not exactly what happened.

But you may be right. It may be that just letting Strange put up a shield isn't going to save him from a few thousand infinite mass punches or a speed steal.

These two characters operate in such different kinds of powers. Its hard to get a direct comparison.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Draco69

Are you referring to an incident in NA?

Well, Bendis.

complexbrother
but it happend .

shokosugi
Dr. Strange wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.