Strong Guy vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
X-Factors powerhouse vs. Fantastic Fours powerhouse. Who wins?

snoopdogg
Anybody have any input?

Metalmanx
Hm...good one, Snoop.

This is tough. While Ben is initially stronger and more durable, Guido has an ace up his sleeve--the ability to absorb all kinetic energy. Aka, the only thing Thing can dish out to him.

Hm...tough to say really. SG might be able to overpower Thing eventually. Or at least wear him down.

ExtraMision5555
im thinking strong guy due to the kinetic absorbtion? but, thing is probably a beter fighter than strong guy

Metalmanx
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
im thinking strong guy due to the kinetic absorbtion? but, thing is probably a beter fighter than strong guy

Honestly, even the winner of the fighting skills department is unclear.

Guido used to be a professional bodyguard. They teach you lots of fighting skills in bodyguard school, to my knowledge.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Too much energy and Guido has a heart attack. Thing Wins.

Roldz
Guido does not have that problem anymore, good fight id give him the advantage meaning FTW...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Roldz
Guido does not have that problem anymore, good fight id give him the advantage meaning FTW... Actually he still has that problem he can just absorb more before he has a heart attack. Strong Guy though was not able to hang with the Hulk really and Thing has. Based on that and his performance against Rogue I would lean towards Thing.

Roldz
Forge fixed that already, his hearts got some kind of kinetic dampeners, its the muscle tissue that would be most of the problem...

snoopdogg
Forge fixed that already, his hearts got some kind of kinetic dampeners, its the muscle tissue that would be most of the problem... Yea I know. But it did't fix the problem completely it just raised his limit before he has a heart attack. Though he still cannot store the energy, he still has to get rid of it somehow. Sebastian Shaw has a similar powerset but seems to have less restrictions.

Roldz
Then what the heck was the Kinetic dampeners around the heart about that Forge was explaining? I take it that the heart doesnt receive any kinetic energy because of that he doesnt have that problem anymore, less he takes bad care dietary wise for his body..

snoopdogg
Then what the heck was the Kinetic dampeners around the heart about that Forge was explaining? I take it that the heart doesnt receive any kinetic energy because of that he doesnt have that problem anymore, less he takes bad care dietary wise for his body.. Well they were not very specific I guess. In his bio in the latest handbook it states the transplant raised his limit.

Roldz
Ive never seen the bio but Yeah i think they forgut about that tech..

Metalmanx
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Yea I know. But it did't fix the problem completely it just raised his limit before he has a heart attack. Though he still cannot store the energy, he still has to get rid of it somehow. Sebastian Shaw has a similar powerset but seems to have less restrictions.

Don't you think the release of so much energy that Thing lends him will be very powerful? I do, especially since he could release a CRAPLOAD of it at once. That much energy transferred to Thing could prove very damaging.

Just saying.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Don't you think the release of so much energy that Thing lends him will be very powerful? I do, especially since he could release a CRAPLOAD of it at once. That much energy transferred to Thing could prove very damaging.

Just saying. You might be right. But based on his fights with Rogue and Hulk it didn't work so well for him. But he did beat Warpath though. I just don't know how long it will take him to reach Things strength. I mean when Guido fights back he's loosing the energy he absorbed so I would think it would take him a long time to reach Things level.

Metalmanx
You might be right. But based on his fights with Rogue and Hulk it didn't work so well for him. But he did beat Warpath though. I just don't know how long it will take him to reach Things strength. I mean when Guido fights back he's loosing the energy he absorbed so I would think it would take him a long time to reach Things level.

Agreed, but it really just depends on how he fights Thing, ya know?

To my knowledge, Guido has a base strength of 50 tons, so it's not like he's weak by any means when he starts off.

And it's kinda hard to compare Hulk to most characters. I mean, Hulk>>>>>>>Thing, know what I mean?

Wynndar
Does it matter if Hulk is that much stronger than Thing? Thing's still held his own with the Hulk over a dozen times. Strong guy didnt seem to land a single punch on the Hulk and he had the help of the entire X-Factor roster. Strong Guy's resume just isnt that great...he almost lost to the Blob.

snoopdogg
I would say Guido was kind of lucky when he defeated the Blob. The explosion finished Blob off.

Tony Stark

Guido used to be a professional bodyguard. They teach you lots of fighting skills in bodyguard school, to my knowledge.

confused

roll eyes (sarcastic)

eek!

laughing

laughing out loud

rolling on floor laughing

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

roll eyes (sarcastic)

eek!

laughing

laughing out loud

rolling on floor laughing

Thanks for the intervention, Tony! thumb up

I was wondering where this thread was going without you popping in for no reason. big grin

Tony Stark

Yeah I think that their fighting skills MUST be the same.

Strong guy/A 2-6wk course in self-defense training by steve the local security guard at walmart if that =The THING/ a street gang leader/golden gloves boxing champ/Judo/wrestling expert/US military special forces training/UFC (like) champion/years of FF fights against villains through out the galaxy and beyond.

Yeah I'd say their fighting skills are equal.

Brutacus

Strong guy/A 2-6wk course in self-defense training by steve the local security guard at walmart if that =The THING/ a street gang leader/golden gloves boxing champ/Judo/wrestling expert/US military special forces training/UFC (like) champion/years of FF fights against villains through out the galaxy and beyond.

Euh security guard??? he's a bodyguard, they are not only there to be a human shield to catch the bullets.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Brutacus
Euh security guard??? he's a bodyguard, they are not only there to be a human shield to catch the bullets.

At least someone is smart around here.

And Tony, I NEVER said they were equal. I merely stated that it's unclear as to how much of an advantage Ben has. I know that Ben has the better fighting skills. However, it's not a curbstomp by any means. Guido must have exceptional fighting skills as well, making him a much more formidable foe.

olympian
Guido doesnt have the record, and showings that Ben does.

Thing is stronger in this case. Trow the party, Grimm, you finally have one!

Brutacus
Originally posted by olympian
Guido doesnt have the record, and showings that Ben does.

Thing is stronger in this case. Trow the party, Grimm, you finally have one!

Since wenn do you decide iff someone wins or not????

olympian
Since i have a beter record than YOU do!

Trow the party, Grimmmmmmm!

xmarksthespot
Trow? huh

Brutacus
Originally posted by olympian
Since i have a beter record than YOU do!

Trow the party, Grimmmmmmm!

Yeah sure you have a better record than me, now let me give you a thumb up thumb up

Grimm22

Equal in fighting skill? Nope no

Ben is the definitly one of the most skilled out of all the powerhouses in the MU (Only Hercules may be ahead of him)

Ben takes this 8/10

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Grimm22
Equal in fighting skill? Nope no

Ben is the definitly one of the most skilled out of all the powerhouses in the MU (Only Hercules may be ahead of him)

Ben takes this 8/10

Colossus is the more skilled fighter as well, but that's for another time and place altogether. stick out tongue

snoopdogg
Leaning towards Guido in 2009.

ColossusGrundy
Does Guido's ability count if someone just wrestles him instead of hitting him?

I mean if Thing is stronger, and he is, couldn't he just use some holds and finish Strong Guy off before he can absorb enough to be effective?

Otherwise I still go with Thing. He would probably last longer than Guido's heart.

snoopdogg
I suppose that would work.

SuperiorTech
Ok question was Strong Guys heart condition fixed or not? And does Thing really have what it takes to overload him.

snoopdogg
It was suppose to be, but in WWHulk it wasn't. Actually I don't think it was ever fixed I think that just the limit was raised.

jrodslam
Odd. He was once in a hold and didnt use kinetic absorption to get out of it, but there was a time Shaman put in a bubble, and seemingly he used it to get out. Dont know.

Im going with Strong Guy. The heart issue shouldnt be an issue.

Edit: As Guido once said. "I toldja, Forge fixed my heart. Its stronger now than it ever was. better than new...!"

Writers dialogue box..."Its true! Forge simulated Guido's heart in x-factor 136, making it the most powerful muscle in strong guy's body..."

ColossusGrundy
This could be a cool fight. If Thing CAN overload his heart, it's a wash.

The whole heart thing keeps Guido out of the league of say Hulk, Colossus, Juggs, Sasquatch, and such. Guido vs Rhino would be fun as well.

KingD19
It's not just his heart, it's the fact that no matter how strong Guido gets, he has to release all that energy in a fairly short amount of time, which will make his strength go back to base, or close depending on the beating he's getting at the time. As for Thing, he is extremely skilled, but he's usually limited to strikes, the main reason being his body make up. Thick 3 fingered hands, huge rock body, he just isn't made for submissions and holds, and take into account how big Guido's upper body is, it'll be even harder for Thing.

jrodslam
Funny how the heart thing keeps being mentioned in threads, yet there hasnt been a case of any heart condition in a x-factor book in over 10 years. erm Considering the only book it happened within the past 12 years was a Hulk book, doesnt quite do him justice.

In a fight with Thing, Guido releasing the energy is a non issue. He doesnt have to just make contact with Thing in order to release it. Thingisnt going to hit him, then all of a sudden be out of range for another attack. Also, Guido's h2h skills shouldnt be underestimated either.

snoopdogg
I'd say Thing is the more skilled fighter.

KharmaDog
Thing has some pretty impressive showings against some pretty formidable opponents. If he brings his "A" game, Thing wins this, he breaks a sweat, but he still wins convincingly.

Lord Feron
I feel like thing would choke out Guido before he got too strong for him to handle.

jrodslam
I personally dont see Thing choking him out for 2 reasons.

1. Its not a likely tactic for him to start out with(where hed be stronger than guido at the moment).

2. After absorption, Guidos mass will be increased making him harder to be grabbed by Thing(which Guido already has a height advantage) as well as easier to get out IF he is put in one. Guido once popped a force bubble by Shaman via absorption.

-K-M-
Originally posted by jrodslam
Guido once popped a force bubble by Shaman via absorption.

thumb up

and what is impressive about that as he was able to do that because he was absorbing the previous attacks from Shaman AND Doctor Strange prior to the bubble. Quite the feat.

jrodslam
Originally posted by -K-M-
thumb up

and what is impressive about that as he was able to do that because he was absorbing the previous attacks from Shaman AND Doctor Strange prior to the bubble. Quite the feat.

See thats the thing that gets me though. They never showed what happened before that. How long ago were they fighting? Im sure its a continuation from one of the other infinity books, but the last i remember seeing him was after he got done with spidey. Do you know when he actually battled strange and shammy?

-K-M-
See thats the thing that gets me though. They never showed what happened before that. How long ago were they fighting? Im sure its a continuation from one of the other infinity books, but the last i remember seeing him was after he got done with spidey. Do you know when he actually battled strange and shammy?

Go read the tie-ins as the main series left out huge HUGE details, such as what really happened between Windshear and Vision, Shaman and Wolverine, etc.

This is the most we saw of the fight, but Shaman mentions their previous attacks on him were the reason for the extra strength to break the bubble...but then Shaman stops him a second later

1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight127-04.jpg
2. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight127-05.jpg
3. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight127-06.jpg

jrodslam
Another reason i ask that is because, when he was first in the bubble, his clothes were in tact. He then used the absorbed energy to increase his mass and strength, bursting out of his shirt. I honestly dont remember ever seeing him use the absorbed energy that way. Saving it then increasing his size and strength. His size and strength usually gets increased AS he absorbs. Interesting. Veeery interesting.

jrodslam
Originally posted by -K-M-
Go read the tie-ins as the main series left out huge HUGE details, such as what really happened between Windshear and Vision, Shaman and Wolverine, etc.

This is the most we saw of the fight, but Shaman mentions their previous attacks on him were the reason for the extra strength to break the bubble...but then Shaman stops him a second later

1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight127-04.jpg
2. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight127-05.jpg
3. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/AlphaFlight127-06.jpg

Yea i have that comic as well. Scans are in his respect thread too,lol.big grin I do agree that they left out much of the other fights.sad

I aslo have a couple of the tie-ins but not all. I would have loved to see Guido fighting both shammy and strange. *Shrugs*

-K-M-
Yea i have that comic as well. Scans are in his respect thread too,lol.big grin I do agree that they left out much of the other fights.sad

I aslo have a couple of the tie-ins but not all. I would have loved to see Guido fighting both shammy and strange. *Shrugs*

They may have showed more in the Sleepwalker tie-in, but don't quote me on that as its been awhile.

PowerHerc
Guido's got bum ticker. No matter how much kinetic energy he can absorb and then dish back out, Ben has the heart to hang in there and gut it out until Guido just can't go any more. Ben has fought a who's who of the toughest and strongest heroes, villians and even cosmic entities in the Marvel Universe and though he hasn't always won, he's never given up and always gave as good as he got. Ben Grimm - the Thing wins.

jrodslam
Originally posted by PowerHerc
Guido's got bum ticker.

There we go again.

Funny how the heart thing keeps being mentioned in threads, yet there hasnt been a case of any heart condition in a x-factor book in over 10 years.erm Considering the only book it happened within the past 12 years was a Hulk book, doesnt quite do him justice.

Thing having "heart to hang in there" possiby wont do him any good considering whatever strength he uses to hit Guido, it will be returned back at him even harder.

Mshinu
Guido is not to be underestimated but I`d say Thing got the edge here. Would be a fun fight to watch tho.

K-Dog
Guido was designed to fight bricks as long as they are not herald-level characters. I will vote for him.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by K-Dog
Guido was designed to fight bricks as long as they are not herald-level characters. I will vote for him. Where was this ever stated or said?

K-Dog
Where was this ever stated or said?

About 2 days ago by me stick out tongue
Just my opinion. A guy whose main starting power is class 50 strength and durability is a brick. But by being class 50 you know that there are lots of both good and bad guys that are anywhere from class 70 to low class 100 that will knock him around on a regular basis. So now you put a twist on it--he can actually use their own power against them which more or less evens things out. Of course they give him a weakness--he can potentially be overloaded) to keep him reasonable so that he is still a team player and not a team wrecker. I think he was "designed" to beat characters in Ben's class who use melee attacks.
I know Ben hung with Champion and all that, but even if that wasn't PIS it gives Guido all the more to hit him back with. Guido can't be hurt by impact force unless it is from an insanely high level (that's why I said below herald).

Bentley
Ben does his thing.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Bentley
Ben does his thing. I don't know. I think at the very least it's a tie or edge to Guido.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.