KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Strong Guy vs Thing

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Strong Guy 10 38.46%
Thing 16 61.54%
Total: 26 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Strong Guy vs Thing
Started by: snoopdogg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Strong Guy vs Thing

X-Factors powerhouse vs. Fantastic Fours powerhouse. Who wins?

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 03:04 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Anybody have any input?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 04:11 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Hm...good one, Snoop.

This is tough. While Ben is initially stronger and more durable, Guido has an ace up his sleeve--the ability to absorb all kinetic energy. Aka, the only thing Thing can dish out to him.

Hm...tough to say really. SG might be able to overpower Thing eventually. Or at least wear him down.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 08:20 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExtraMision5555
SKELLETIL RESARCH

im thinking strong guy due to the kinetic absorbtion? but, thing is probably a beter fighter than strong guy

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 08:23 PM
ExtraMision5555 is currently offline Click here to Send ExtraMision5555 a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraMision5555 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
im thinking strong guy due to the kinetic absorbtion? but, thing is probably a beter fighter than strong guy

Honestly, even the winner of the fighting skills department is unclear.

Guido used to be a professional bodyguard. They teach you lots of fighting skills in bodyguard school, to my knowledge.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 08:26 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Too much energy and Guido has a heart attack. Thing Wins.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 08:26 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Guido does not have that problem anymore, good fight id give him the advantage meaning FTW...

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 09:31 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Roldz
Guido does not have that problem anymore, good fight id give him the advantage meaning FTW...
Actually he still has that problem he can just absorb more before he has a heart attack. Strong Guy though was not able to hang with the Hulk really and Thing has. Based on that and his performance against Rogue I would lean towards Thing.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 09:37 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Forge fixed that already, his hearts got some kind of kinetic dampeners, its the muscle tissue that would be most of the problem...

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 09:44 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Forge fixed that already, his hearts got some kind of kinetic dampeners, its the muscle tissue that would be most of the problem...
Yea I know. But it did't fix the problem completely it just raised his limit before he has a heart attack. Though he still cannot store the energy, he still has to get rid of it somehow. Sebastian Shaw has a similar powerset but seems to have less restrictions.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 09:49 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Then what the heck was the Kinetic dampeners around the heart about that Forge was explaining? I take it that the heart doesnt receive any kinetic energy because of that he doesnt have that problem anymore, less he takes bad care dietary wise for his body..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 09:53 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Then what the heck was the Kinetic dampeners around the heart about that Forge was explaining? I take it that the heart doesnt receive any kinetic energy because of that he doesnt have that problem anymore, less he takes bad care dietary wise for his body..
Well they were not very specific I guess. In his bio in the latest handbook it states the transplant raised his limit.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 09:56 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Ive never seen the bio but Yeah i think they forgut about that tech..

My Artwork

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 10:07 PM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Yea I know. But it did't fix the problem completely it just raised his limit before he has a heart attack. Though he still cannot store the energy, he still has to get rid of it somehow. Sebastian Shaw has a similar powerset but seems to have less restrictions.

Don't you think the release of so much energy that Thing lends him will be very powerful? I do, especially since he could release a CRAPLOAD of it at once. That much energy transferred to Thing could prove very damaging.

Just saying.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 10:10 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Don't you think the release of so much energy that Thing lends him will be very powerful? I do, especially since he could release a CRAPLOAD of it at once. That much energy transferred to Thing could prove very damaging.

Just saying.
You might be right. But based on his fights with Rogue and Hulk it didn't work so well for him. But he did beat Warpath though. I just don't know how long it will take him to reach Things strength. I mean when Guido fights back he's loosing the energy he absorbed so I would think it would take him a long time to reach Things level.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 10:13 PM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by snoopdogg
You might be right. But based on his fights with Rogue and Hulk it didn't work so well for him. But he did beat Warpath though. I just don't know how long it will take him to reach Things strength. I mean when Guido fights back he's loosing the energy he absorbed so I would think it would take him a long time to reach Things level.

Agreed, but it really just depends on how he fights Thing, ya know?

To my knowledge, Guido has a base strength of 50 tons, so it's not like he's weak by any means when he starts off.

And it's kinda hard to compare Hulk to most characters. I mean, Hulk>>>>>>>Thing, know what I mean?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2006 10:16 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Does it matter if Hulk is that much stronger than Thing? Thing's still held his own with the Hulk over a dozen times. Strong guy didnt seem to land a single punch on the Hulk and he had the help of the entire X-Factor roster. Strong Guy's resume just isnt that great...he almost lost to the Blob.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2006 01:57 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I would say Guido was kind of lucky when he defeated the Blob. The explosion finished Blob off.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2006 02:15 AM
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Honestly, even the winner of the fighting skills department is unclear.

Guido used to be a professional bodyguard. They teach you lots of fighting skills in bodyguard school, to my knowledge.

confused

roll eyes (sarcastic)

eek!

laughing

laughing out loud

rolling on floor laughing

Attachment: thing_3.jpg
This has been downloaded 146 time(s).

Old Post Dec 11th, 2006 05:03 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

roll eyes (sarcastic)

eek!

laughing

laughing out loud

rolling on floor laughing

Thanks for the intervention, Tony! thumb up

I was wondering where this thread was going without you popping in for no reason. big grin

Old Post Dec 11th, 2006 05:10 AM