Uru vs. Admantium

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soujaboy
The enchanted Asgardian metal vs the man made, god metal, Adamantium.

Which is more valuable and more durable?

batdude123
You'd think Uru, but eh......

srug

Priest
i would say admantium.

cowboy
Admantium cause Wolverine has it shifty

manorastroman
uru. uru=adamantine, and adamantine is the legendary element the good doctor named "adamantium" after.

that's the most definitive answer you're liable to get. that is to say, not very.

darthgoober
Truth be told I'de say that adamantium trumps non-Odin Enchanted ure as far as strait up durability.

Evangel94
Durability
Non-enchanted Odin enhanced uru vs True Adamantium = True Adamantium

URU is easier to enchant with spells, and it holds those enchantments much easier and much longer than adamantium ever could.

K3VIL
Originally posted by darthgoober
Truth be told I'de say that adamantium trumps non-Odin Enchanted ure as far as strait up durability.
Uru enchanted or not is still a MYSTICAL metal.
It's magical by itself.And beings like Odin can put further enhancements in it.Mjolnir was destroyed only when used against the likes of the Celestials and the combined might of 4 hammers of the same levels which caused it to get broke in half.
Adamantium is nothing compared to it.
Thor can rend to pieces adamantium anydays, but then Ultron wouldn't be the team wrecker he deserves to be, so he gets hard time with him.

grey fox
Adamantium.

Thor once carved Uru simply by shoving his finger into a lump of the stuff and making a square. I have yet to see him do the same to Wolvie's Skeleton.

hunbu04
Hercules golden mace is made of enchanted adamantine > true adamantium
and Echanted adamantine = Uru

leonidas
adamantium is the second hardest substance behind cap's shield. uru might be next, but i don't think it's really ever been stated to be anything more than 'really hard' . . .

hulk10
URU!

KillAll
Thors hammer has been destoryed atleast twice???? once when he blew it apart fighting a celestial. and once somewhere in volume 2, somewhere in the first 20 issues ( i can find out the exact issue number but it will take some time). this however wasnt from a celestial power level being.... it was from an odin level being (shown to be well below celestials).

uru has also been melted down to slag. but, this was also from a celestial level being.

uru isnt all that hard. it just has the ability to hold enchantments. the enchantments are what make it strong.

adamantium to my knowledge has never been shown on panel to be broken?????? atleast without being retconned away. so i'd vote for it.

leonidas
well, gladiator did snap a claw off of wolverine in a possible future . . .

batdude123
What about when Thor made a huge friggin' dent in Cap's shield? erm

snoopdogg
Originally posted by leonidas
well, gladiator did snap a claw off of wolverine in a possible future . . . S'ym also snapped one of Wolverines claws I think.

darthgoober
Originally posted by batdude123
Cap's shield isn't made of adamantium, it's a vibranium/steel alloy. And it's actually stronger than adamantium.

batdude123
Cap's shield isn't made of adamantium, it's a vibranium/steel alloy. And it's actually stronger than adamantium.

I know. That's what I was saying...

Jonathanos
Uru, the unenchanted form, is not as durable as adamantium.

When Odin removed the enchantments from Mjolnir so that Thor could fight the Hulk HTH, Thor feared that the Hulk would be able to destroy the hammer because its enchantments were removed. (JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #112) Thor believed himself at least the Hulk's physical equal at the time so logically he must think he is able to destroy unenchanted uru.

(BTW, Thor's carving of uru has gotten exaggerated a bit. It was a cliffside that contained some uru, not a cliff of pure uru.)

Between Mjolnir and adamantium, I don't believe there's any way to conclusively prove which of the two is more durable. But the topic doesn't specify Mjolnir so I'm saying adamantium.

Jonathanos

Thor had his father's power.

Comicbook_kid

Sorry Darthgoober, but yes it is....Cap's shield is made from an adamantium / vibranium alloy that has never been duplicated. That's why it's so tough. It's made from both metals!!!!

Jonathanos
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
Sorry Darthgoober, but yes it is....Cap's shield is made from an adamantium / vibranium alloy that has never been duplicated. That's why it's so tough. It's made from both metals!!!!

No, he's right. The shield isn't adamantium. Adamantium was created while attempting to duplicate the metal of the shield.

Some writers have mistakenly referred to it as adamantium but it isn't.

batdude123
Originally posted by Jonathanos
Thor had his father's power.

I'm not talking about his strength when he did that.

I'm saying the shield was dented, and Mjolnir didn't have a scratch on it.

batdude123

Nope. It's a vibranium/steel alloy.

Jonathanos
Here's a scan where the creator of the shield and adamantium explains it. Adamantium came later and isn't the equal of the shield alloy.

Jonathanos
I'm not talking about his strength when he did that.

I'm saying the shield was dented, and Mjolnir didn't have a scratch on it.

Yes, but he was using his father's power. A few pages later, he casually pounded the dents out of the shield with Mjolnir.

batdude123
Yes, but he was using his father's power. A few pages later, he casually pounded the dents out of the shield with Mjolnir.

Mjolnir was still made out of uru was it not?

Jonathanos
Mjolnir was still made out of uru was it not?

And it was charged with a skyfather's energy when it damaged the shield.

Comicbook_kid
Here's a scan where the creator of the shield and adamantium explains it. Adamantium came later and isn't the equal of the shield alloy.

Could you do me a favor and tell me what issue of Captain America that scan is from? According to www.marveldirectory.com AND www.classicmarvel.com , they BOTH say that Cap's shield is made from a vibranium/adamantium alloy. And I was always thought that to be true.....if you don't believe me, check these out. They both confirm it.

http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/captain_america.htm

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainamerica.htm

Swanky-Tuna
Could you do me a favor and tell me what issue of Captain America that scan is from? According to www.marveldirectory.com AND www.classicmarvel.com , they BOTH say that Cap's shield is made from a vibranium/adamantium alloy. And I was always thought that to be true.....if you don't believe me, check these out. They both confirm it.

I've heard that's a common misconception. Common enough that it's even stated in other comics.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I've heard that's a common misconception. Common enough that it's even stated in other comics.

Yes, and that's why it's so hard for me to not believe. I could maybe believe it if one site says it and the other one doesn't...(possibly a type-O), but BOTH sites I posted confirm this to be true...and I'd always heard and believed this too. I remember even in the Spider-Man cartoon from the 90's, in an episode with Captain America, they even said the same thing...that his shield was made from an adamantium/vibranium alloy.

leonidas
Yes, and that's why it's so hard for me to not believe. I could maybe believe it if one site says it and the other one doesn't...(possibly a type-O), but BOTH sites I posted confirm this to be true...and I'd always heard and believed this too. I remember even in the Spider-Man cartoon from the 90's, in an episode with Captain America, they even said the same thing...that his shield was made from an adamantium/vibranium alloy.

you are 100% correct. and it is harder than regular adamantium. adamantium WAS indeed made while trying to duplicate the shield. and odin could melt the shield if he wanted. the only way to affect it is to alter its molecular structure, something odin (or thor with odin's power) could do.)

Jonathanos

I believe it's CA #302 but I could be mistaken.

Websites aren't continuity. The Cap scan is. Its take on the shield's metal has been backed up elsewhere, including in an Avengers back-up story.

Jonathanos
If you want a couple of websites to back up the scan:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/maclainmyron.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America's_shield

(So I was off by an issue or two. It's CA #303 or 304.)

Also from marveldirectory:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/miscellaneous/adamantium.htm

Soujaboy
And it was charged with a skyfather's energy when it damaged the shield.

That was never stated in the comic... It didn't even appeared to be charged...

Jonathanos
There was a trail of energy behind the hammer.

Iron Man was shocked that the shield had been dented.

As he repaired the shield, Thor said his father's power was greater than one might think.

But even if you believe that Mjolnir is more durable than Captain America's shield, that doesn't mean anything in regards to unenchanted uru and adamantium.

Entity

Rogers' indestructible shield has often been referred to as being an adamantium-vibranium alloy. This is not the case: adamantium was only developed after Rogers was revived from suspended animation, during MacLain's later experiments to try and duplicate the material of the shield (the substance made its first appearance in Avengers Vol. 1 #66, July 1969).

The adamantium-vibranium error first arose in the Captain America entry in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (the composition of the shield was accurately described in the adamantium entry) and was propagated in several subsequent stories by writers using the Handbook as a reference. The error was corrected in "Captain America" #303-304, in 1983, which established that the shield is made of vibranium and steel, but that didn't prevent the error's repetition over the years.
http://www.marveldirectory.com/miscellaneous/adamantium.htm

I could be very very wrong here but, I thought Wolverine had an adamantium laced skeleton long before cap was revived? Not that he appeared before this but, he was sapost to have had his weapon x experience before that. Like I said I could be very wrong thou, can anyone help clearify?

Jonathanos
Originally posted by Entity
I could be very very wrong here but, I thought Wolverine had an adamantium laced skeleton long before cap was revived? Not that he appeared before this but, he was sapost to have had his weapon x experience before that. Like I said I could be very wrong thou, can anyone help clearify?

It was later suggested that someone... Darkwind was his name, I think... had invented the same metal back during WWII and MacClain independently duplicated it years later and named it.

WOLVERINE # -1, I think.

Soujaboy
There was a trail of energy behind the hammer.

Iron Man was shocked that the shield had been dented.

As he repaired the shield, Thor said his father's power was greater than one might think.

But even if you believe that Mjolnir is more durable than Captain America's shield, that doesn't mean anything in regards to unenchanted uru and adamantium.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/thor16wf.jpg

Don't see the energy trail, or the Odin force being used..... especially since Thor stated in later issues that he didn't use the Odin force much if at all.... Odin than told him to trust himself with the power so it could be unleashed...

Yep looks like pure strength...

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Entity
Could be, but the shield was probably accidently made before that as it was intended to be a tank hatch, I think, before it was Cap's shield.

Jonathanos
You don't see the energy behind the hammer? There's a big burst of it around the word balloon ("For I am their god!"wink and it leads right towards the hammer.

With Thor's later comment that his father's power is greater than one thinks, I believe that's implying the use of the Odin power in denting the shield.

Swanky-Tuna
It does look like he's charged up with something but there's no telling if he was using it to attack the shield directly or if he was charging himself up physically to do the deed.

Entity
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Could be, but the shield was probably accidently made before that as it was intended to be a tank hatch, I think, before it was Cap's shield.

Oh, OK, I could see it going down like that then. But I also was one of the people that always believed the shield was a vibranium/adamantium alloy.

A little off topic here but, I have wondered could Superman crack or even dent the shield? Since the only way its sapost to be harmed is by messing with its molecular strucher? I don't mean by vibrating his fist at superspeed either, just by a full powered punch from Kal-el.

leonidas
You don't see the energy behind the hammer? There's a big burst of it around the word balloon ("For I am their god!"wink and it leads right towards the hammer.

With Thor's later comment that his father's power is greater than one thinks, I believe that's implying the use of the Odin power in denting the shield.

i agree with the implication that the odin power WAS used. in the past, thor has never been able to affect the hammer. i recall a scene where cap had thor test his reformed shield (after the beyonder smashed it, i think . . .) and thor gave it all he had and couldn't even scratch the shield.

bigbran
Ok.
Thor dented Cap's shield.
Thor cracked open Exitar's head with a hammer blow. You think Adamantium is going to do the same?
Thor threw his hammer threw the Destroyer with Desak inside it.

Times it got broke:
Destroyer in his first appearance cut it in half with his disintegrator beam.
When he used it against Exitar's dome piece so he could destroy his brain.
When it hit three other versions, of his hammer.

Wolverine's claw, when it got broke:
S'ym.

Compare them...

leonidas
the desak and shield denting incident occurred while thor was backed by odin's power. they should be left out of any comparisons. they are at least questionable. fact is, WITHOUT the odin power, thor has never been shown to be able to affect the hammer. and while it's true thor broke exitar's dome, the godblast failed to do anything more than tickle juggernaut. jugg's shield>exitar . . .? sue storm has also shattered a celestials armor.

s'ym is a magical being (seeing a pattern here, btw . . .) and that's how that instance was explained, as far as i know.

K3VIL
the desak and shield denting incident occurred while thor was backed by odin's power. they should be left out of any comparisons. they are at least questionable. fact is, WITHOUT the odin power, thor has never been shown to be able to affect the hammer. and while it's true thor broke exitar's dome, the godblast failed to do anything more than tickle juggernaut. jugg's shield>exitar . . .? sue storm has also shattered a celestials armor.

s'ym is a magical being (seeing a pattern here, btw . . .) and that's how that instance was explained, as far as i know.
King Thor, so not RKT who fought Desak, is not backed up from the OF.
He could do SIMPLE tasks, like blasting, and matter rearranging feats, but he hadn't control over it.For him he was something to summon and still use in basic manners.He didn't need any charge up.The energy which surrounds Mjolnir in the issue is the same depicted like lightning in other issues, depending on the drawer.Thor did ever goes out full strength in Avengers issues?He could have ended Kang's war on his own if he wanted to.The shield dented and flying like 300 feet away is what you get when you piss off the Thunder God.

bigbran

s'ym is a magical being (seeing a pattern here, btw . . .) and that's how that instance was explained, as far as i know. Yes, it was with the Odin Power, but it was still the Uru that did the damage. Just little extra power. What that is saying, is that Thor is too weak to damage the Destroyer, but with a lot more power, he is able to rip through it.
Could King Thor with an adamantium hammer destroy the Destroyer?
Same goes for Cap's shield.

The dome piece was more durible than his outside... don't ask.
Actually, Juggs got knocked back a couple feet. when Thor used his godblast. I think you are thinking of when Thor threw his hammer, and it bounced off Jugg's shield.
We already know that Juggs is pretty much invunerable.

Wasn't the Sue Storm incident, because that was Exitar's weakness, like Kryptonite is to Supes? Exitar isn't weak to Thor's hammer.
Not to mention, wasn't that pis, on Sue's part?

Gladiator then, in a future possiblity?

leonidas
Originally posted by K3VIL
King Thor, so not RKT who fought Desak, is not backed up from the OF.
He could do SIMPLE tasks, like blasting, and matter rearranging feats, but he hadn't control over it.For him he was something to summon and still use in basic manners.He didn't need any charge up.The energy which surrounds Mjolnir in the issue is the same depicted like lightning in other issues, depending on the drawer.Thor did ever goes out full strength in Avengers issues?He could have ended Kang's war on his own if he wanted to.The shield dented and flying like 300 feet away is what you get when you piss off the Thunder God.

meh, COULD be. all's i'm saying is that the presence of the odin power makes things at least questionable. desak handed thor his ARSE before he became KT.

without the odin power the shield was impervious to thor. he becomes KT and suddenly he can dent it. coincedence . . .?

i'm not saying it's impossible to think thor alone could do it. mjollnir IS magical and thor IS uber. but even if it COULD dent it, that still doesn't mean uru harder than the shield -- just that it's magical enchantments allow for it to do some crazy-ass-sh!te!

leonidas
Originally posted by bigbran
Yes, it was with the Odin Power, but it was still the Uru that did the damage. Just little extra power. What that is saying, is that Thor is too weak to damage the Destroyer, but with a lot more power, he is able to rip through it.
Could King Thor with an adamantium hammer destroy the Destroyer?
Same goes for Cap's shield.

like i just said -- even allowing for the possibility (which i again disagree with) that thor with the hammer is capable of denting the shield, that speaks more to the magical nature, imo, than the 'hardness' of the uru.

nah, i meant the godblast incident. and while it DID back him up a step (if i recall) it still didn't 'harm' him.

it was a little pis-sy i'll concede. we just don't really know how 'hard' the dome really was. cap'
s shield (like jugg's invulnerability) is renowned throughout marvel. course the shield>adamantium. we could look at how thor has fared against ultron for a more appropriate answer. and the answer to THAT question is . . . not all that well.

here's a little bit i found at marveldirectory.com:

Over the following decades MacLain experimented, attempting to duplicate the process that create the shield. Finally, in recent years, he succeeded in developing the process by which the substance known as True Adamantium is created. True Adamantium is nearly as strong as Captain America's shield, and is, for all practical purpose, indestructible. The degree of impermeability varies directly with the thickness of the Adamantium. A direct blow from Thor's hammer, conveyed with the thunder god's full strength, will slightly dent a solid cylinder of True Adamantium.

for what it's worth. erm

yeah, that happened after wolvie fought glads for seven straight days (i think -- anyway, a LONG time . . .) wolvie hanging with glads 1on1 for . . . days!?

isn't that the literal definition of pis . . .? confused

K3VIL
meh, COULD be. all's i'm saying is that the presence of the odin power makes things at least questionable. desak handed thor his ARSE before he became KT.

without the odin power the shield was impervious to thor. he becomes KT and suddenly he can dent it. coincedence . . .?

i'm not saying it's impossible to think thor alone could do it. mjollnir IS magical and thor IS uber. but even if it COULD dent it, that still doesn't mean uru harder than the shield -- just that it's magical enchantments allow for it to do some crazy-ass-sh!te!
The enchantments for themselves aren't what makes the Uru hammer so strang.Uru itself is something beyond common materials, something able to damage Celestials even.
KT or not, Thor written well, not with "hold him back, the Avengers are a team, not a solo series" can punk Cap shield anyday.

bigbran
like i just said -- even allowing for the possibility (which i again disagree with) that thor with the hammer is capable of denting the shield, that speaks more to the magical nature, imo, than the 'hardness' of the uru. Ya, but is it just magic hitting it, or is it the hammer?
If it was Loki shooting the shield, then that would be straight magic.
If we say that everythign that Thor has damaged was due to magic, then how hard exactly is uru?

nah, i meant the godblast incident. and while it DID back him up a step (if i recall) it still didn't 'harm' him. It looked like a little more than a step...
Also, the dome piece was harder than his outside. He also had the belt of power, which, like I said before, with a little more strength, he is able to do more damage.

it was a little pis-sy i'll concede. we just don't really know how 'hard' the dome really was. cap'
s shield (like jugg's invulnerability) is renowned throughout marvel. course the shield>adamantium. we could look at how thor has fared against ultron for a more appropriate answer. and the answer to THAT question is . . . not all that well. Ya.
Still, he managed to damage a Celestial. More than most people can say.

Well, what about Wonder Man for a comparison?
Him crushing it, should that be considered in this discussion?

here's a little bit i found at marveldirectory.com:

Over the following decades MacLain experimented, attempting to duplicate the process that create the shield. Finally, in recent years, he succeeded in developing the process by which the substance known as True Adamantium is created. True Adamantium is nearly as strong as Captain America's shield, and is, for all practical purpose, indestructible. The degree of impermeability varies directly with the thickness of the Adamantium. A direct blow from Thor's hammer, conveyed with the thunder god's full strength, will slightly dent a solid cylinder of True Adamantium.

for what it's worth. erm A solid cylinder? That is a little thicker than Cap's shield.

yeah, that happened after wolvie fought glads for seven straight days (i think -- anyway, a LONG time . . .) wolvie hanging with glads 1on1 for . . . days!?

isn't that the literal definition of pis . . .? confused laughing out loud I know...

leonidas
if you mean 'strong' i'll disagree. uroc is made entirly of uru. however, powerful as he is, he lacks the odin level enchantments of mjollnir . . .

http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/5319/uroc1fg5.th.jpg

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/885/uroc2qk4.th.jpg

clearly, the level of magical enchantment obfuscates the true 'hardness' of the uru metal. without enchantment, there really isn't any doubt, imo, that adamantium (let lone cap's shield) is the harder of the 2 substances. smile

leonidas
Ya, but is it just magic hitting it, or is it the hammer?
If it was Loki shooting the shield, then that would be straight magic.
If we say that everythign that Thor has damaged was due to magic, then how hard exactly is uru?

maybe the scan (that you forced me to dig up mad ) will help answer the question a little? stick out tongue

the thing is, thor was able to ADD to the enchantment, apparently, by adding his girdle. he seems to have made it 'stronger'. does that mean harder? uru is a sponge. i think it becomes impossible to seperate the uru from the magic it is endowed with. the stringer the enchantment, the stronger the uru -- as my scans show.

believe me -- there's not likely a bigger thor fan on the forum and i am NOT downplaying the feat. smile just saying it is not really a demonstration of 'hardness'. specially since it was a blast that blew the dome up, anyway . . .

that wasn't true adamantium, nor am i sure he actually crushed it. i remember the scan and have the book but can't recall all the details. have you got the scan or issue number?

but cap's shield>adamantium so i think the comparison is moot.

i almost had a cardiac arrest reading about that battle . . .

bigbran
maybe the scan (that you forced me to dig up mad ) will help answer the question a little? stick out tongueDoes liquid nitrogen's effect go to harder metals in comics? That scan basically said, that if you freeze uru, you can destroy it with a gun.

Hasn't Odin said Uru was indestructable? Also, does the magic actually make the metal harder?

But Thor's hammer already has the enchantment of Odin.
I don't remember Thor ever blessing it with power.

the thing is, thor was able to ADD to the enchantment, apparently, by adding his girdle. he seems to have made it 'stronger'. does that mean harder? uru is a sponge. i think it becomes impossible to seperate the uru from the magic it is endowed with. the stringer the enchantment, the stronger the uru -- as my scans show. What about here?
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8854/page014da6.th.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2416/page015zw2.th.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9526/page016vz9.th.jpg

Did he just add to the enchantment by picking it up?

Also, what about Absorbing Man when he touches Thor's hammer? Does he gain the magical powers?

believe me -- there's not likely a bigger thor fan on the forum and i am NOT downplaying the feat. smile just saying it is not really a demonstration of 'hardness'. specially since it was a blast that blew the dome up, anyway . . . I'm talking about the head.
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7935/thor38809hc7.th.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/1889/thor38810yh9.th.jpg

that wasn't true adamantium, nor am i sure he actually crushed it. i remember the scan and have the book but can't recall all the details. have you got the scan or issue number? Hmm... was it secondary?
He crushed his head with both of his hands.

I can look for it.

but cap's shield>adamantium so i think the comparison is moot. But, it depends on the thickness. Certainly, Cap's shield isn't harder than a 2 foot thick, adamantium wall.
If he can dent a cylinder (how big is this cylinder?), then who is to say that he will have no effect on Cap's shield?

i almost had a cardiac arrest reading about that battle . . . I know, someone used that against me, as to why Wolverine can beat some uber top tier...

leonidas
Does liquid nitrogen's effect go to harder metals in comics? That scan basically said, that if you freeze uru, you can destroy it with a gun.

the more important thing it is saying is that uru can be AFFECTED by nitrogen . . . cap's shield has no such problem.

imo it does. and if odin has said that, i (a) don't recall, and (b) he was wrong. big grin

yes, imo. but that's just opinion based on my understanding of how uru works. he also actually alludes to the power of odin being unstoppable in your scan -- not the hammer itself.

not sure. he SHOULD, i'd think. especially considering his power was given to him by loki.

can't recall all the details, only that it was NOT true adamantium. i DO believe that hulk bent adamantium, but i'm not sure it was said whether or not it was TRUE adamantium.

i KNEW you'd say that. but we have no way to determine just how thick true adamantium would have to be to equal cap's shield, (caps' shield works differently from adamantium -- the vibranium ABSORBS and REDIRECTS the energy from a blow, rather than simply deflecting it like adamantium would do) nor do we know how thick the adamantium would be to resist thor's hammer. because of all the unknowns, your point basically becomes unarguable.

Soujaboy
bump

leonidas
cuz someone was looking for this. smile

Priest
good find.
Dident Hulk once crused Thor's mijinor and never was able to snap pure first grade adimantium?

srankmissingnin
Primary Adamantium has never been broken in 616 Marvel, Uru has. Every example of Adamantium being broken has been retconned to being Secondary Adamantium or was an Alternate reality version of Adamantium, which is also irrelevant. Adamantium is superior to Uru.

Priest
im sure Primary Addimantium will be broken in the next Incrediable Hulk book. shifty

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Primary Adamantium has never been broken in 616 Marvel

Hasn't S'ym broken it?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Hasn't S'ym broken it?

He broke a claw of the corpse of an alternate reality Wolverine.

tjcoady
using Mjolner as an example of the durability of Uru is fallacious. Not all Uru crafted things can control the weather and generate energy blasts- the reason Mjolner is so powerful is because of the enchantments on it. I'm not saying that Adamantium is harder than Uru, I'm just saying that it's faulty to claim that all Uru crafted things would have the same properties of Mjolner.

long pig
True Admantium is straight up Marvel's only constant. It has never been broken with pure brute force alone. Uru can't say the same. It got chopped in half by a very, very sharp blade.

Tyrant
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He broke a claw of the corpse of an alternate reality Wolverine. Hasn't King Thor broke it?

His Airness
Originally posted by Tyrant
Hasn't King Thor broke it?

He dented Caps shield with Mjolnir and later both destroyed Wolverines skeleton and the shield.

long pig
Originally posted by His Airness
He dented Caps shield with Mjolnir and later both destroyed Wolverines skeleton and the shield.
He blasted it, he didn't physically dent it with a punch. It also was an alternate reality.

Tyrant
Originally posted by long pig
He blasted it, he didn't physically dent it with a punch. It also was an alternate reality. What exactly is the different between blasting it, and punching it, when it's indestructible either way?

No, it was the future, that Thor went back in time to stop.

His Airness
He blasted it, he didn't physically dent it with a punch. It also was an alternate reality.

I didn't state otherwise. Simply pointed out that it was destroyed. However when Mjolnir and Caps shield did meet, the shield came out damaged.

It was cannon. Before you ask, go look at the last pages of Thor v2 #80.

long pig
An alternate timeline is just that. It's canon, but so are most of alternate timelines and alternate dimensions.

The difference between being blasted by Odin force magic and taking a physical hit are two different things.

Tyrant
An alternate timeline is just that. It's canon, but so are most of alternate timelines and alternate dimensions.

The difference between being blasted by Odin force magic and taking a physical hit are two different things. It was going to happen though, if Thor didn't go back in time. Not if someone got shot, or if Jesus still ravaged the Earth.

It was an eyebeam, and it's a baseless assumption to say it Odin Force magic.
Unless every attack used by Odin is magic...

SoulDevourer
True Admantium is straight up Marvel's only constant. It has never been broken with pure brute force alone. Uru can't say the same. It got chopped in half by a very, very sharp blade. a magic blade by dark god. also hulk damaged true adamantium with his fist (non magic hehe)

anyway plain uru < adamantium

leonidas
bum

p!

smile

SoulDevourer
IMO no1 contest that adamantium > plain uru smile

psycho gundam
valuable = uru hands down. it's not from earth, shit, not even from the same dimension (ultra rarity) and it's a virtually perfect reservoir for trans finite energy of pretty much any type.

durable = primary adamantium, better feats of durability

DarkOdin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
valuable = uru hands down. it's not from earth, shit, not even from the same dimension (ultra rarity) and it's a virtually perfect reservoir for trans finite energy of pretty much any type.

durable = primary adamantium, better feats of durability

I would disagreed the only time Ura has been damage was thru magic as Thor has stated.

Same can't be send for Adamantium

Adamantium has been thrashed by magneto.

leonheartmm
uru. mjolnir is rarer and more durable than wolverine's skeleton.

leonidas
people need to start making a distinction between uru and mjollnir. uru is a "magic sponge". it soaks up enchantment. (which is why i think adding his belt of strength to the hammer when he blasted exitar actually DID make that blast more powerful because he added the belt's enchantment to the hammer . . .) the more enchanted it is, the more powerful it is, the more durable it is. mjollnir is enchanted by a skyfather.

adamantium>>uru

adamantium vs mjollnir is closer. i still say adamantium based on feats. on again on feats, cap's shield>both.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Evangel94
URU is easier to enchant with spells, and it holds those enchantments much easier and much longer than adamantium ever could.

when has anybody tried to enchant A-metal??

Originally posted by K3VIL
Mjolnir was destroyed only when used against the likes of the Celestials and the combined might of 4 hammers of the same levels which caused it to get broke in half.

and against Mega Doom, who also shattered Caps shield.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by DarkOdin
I would disagreed the only time Ura has been damage was thru magic as Thor has stated.

not true, as per my previous post

Same can't be send for Adamantium

Adamantium has been thrashed by magneto.

becuz its a metal, and Magneto can manipulate metals.

for that matter I believe Mags has manip'd Mjolnir, insofar as keeping it away from Thor anyways....but that doesnt make it a low showing or anythign.

Tazer

Ouallada
Didn't Perrikus slice Mjolnir into two with his scythe? Might not count for much against Uru, though.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

not true, as per my previous post

becuz its a metal, and Magneto can manipulate metals.

for that matter I believe Mags has manip'd Mjolnir, insofar as keeping it away from Thor anyways....but that doesnt make it a low showing or anythign.

Tazer

And just how did mega doom break mjolnir?? I have not seen it a scan would be great if you had it.

Magneto held mjolnir back not ripped it into pieces and rearranged it atoms big difference.

SoulDevourer
Mjolnir > adamantium > plain uru

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Ouallada
Didn't Perrikus slice Mjolnir into two with his scythe? Might not count for much against Uru, though.

It was a magical scythe and i thought it was a piece off it not in half.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by SoulDevourer

agreed but i would word it differently

enchanted uru> Adamantium>plain uru

leonidas

proof? and i hope you don't use that scan of thor hitting that cylinder of adamantium . . .

seriously--with enough force a thin plastic straw can be driven through a tree. straw>wood? i could use a wooden bat and put a dent or mark in a piece of iron.

just because one tool can mar another does not mean that tool is harder than the other.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soujaboy

Which is more valuable and more durable? i've often wondered about this...

has there been a clear cut case regarding which one is more durable?

SoulDevourer
proof? and i hope you don't use that scan of thor hitting that cylinder of adamantium . . .

seriously--with enough force a thin plastic straw can be driven through a tree. straw>wood? i could use a wooden bat and put a dent or mark in a piece of iron.

just because one tool can mar another does not mean that tool is harder than the other. so u sayin Earth > Asgard ? confused

btw the cylinder wuz smaller then the hammer (so tree <=> hammer, straw <=> cylinder)

SoulDevourer
agreed but i would word it differently

enchanted uru> Adamantium>plain uru yup thats what i ment smile

DarkOdin

just because one tool can mar another does not mean that tool is harder than the other.

The best proof is when king Thor blast Logan and Cap's sheild metaled or bent poor logan and trashed the shield and we have see enchanted uru take on the odinforce without getting efffected. defecting it not absorbing it of course.

Ouallada
Just to clarify, are we referring to plain Uru here or enchanted Uru? If the latter, what degree of enchantment? Pretty important in determining how durable the enchanted Uru actually is.

leonidas
so u sayin Earth > Asgard ? confused

laughing out loud

earth has done all right. a poor little earther named dr doom stolen GALACTUS's power . . . among about a MILLION other things reed, doom, tony, etc, have all done.

i . . . don't even know what all those symbols mean. the size of the cylinder in relation to the hammer is meaningless. an iron door is bigger than an aluminum baseball bat but if i swing hard enough aluminum (much weaker than iron) would dent the much larger door.

leonidas
The best proof is when king Thor blast Logan and Cap's sheild metaled or bent poor logan and trashed the shield and we have see enchanted uru take on the odinforce without getting efffected. defecting it not absorbing it of course.

alternate future, not to mention the fact that the odinforce has been used to multiversal effect. no expression

and are you saying odin couldn't shatter mjollnir if he tried? blink

SoulDevourer
laughing out loud

earth has done all right. a poor little earther named dr doom stolen GALACTUS's power . . . among about a MILLION other things reed, doom, tony, etc, have all done.so asgardians are call "gods" & all that...and all for nothin? why even bother writin them then. i mean if their magic is < earth science then lol the writers migth as well stick 2 earth & not bring up inferior alien race lol
what i ment wuz by yur logic its the cylinder that shouldve dented the hammer no expression

SoulDevourer
alternate future dont change nothin, maybe he undid it but it prove that he can do it

leonidas
so asgardians are call "gods" & all that...and all for nothin? why even bother writin them then. i mean if their magic is < earth science then lol the writers migth as well stick 2 earth & not bring up inferior alien race lol

they created the gods to act as foils. if humans can match and even surpass gods, well, good for us. makes us look better. why, just because they are 'gods' should they be above us? your line of thought makes no sense and in any event is nowhere NEAR consistent with the feats of humans like reed, tony or doom, among others in marvel, forgetting about the feats of humans in the dc universe.

confused

leonidas
dont change nothin, maybe he undid it but it prove that he can do it

actually it does change things--it makes it non-canon. but that's beside the point--could the odinpower--powers enough to have threatened to tear the walls of the multiverse and that has shattered galaxies--destroy cap's shield?

i'd have to say an affirmative to that. no expression

i sau again--you think if odin chose to he would be UNABLE to break mjollnir?? blink

DarkOdin
alternate future, not to mention the fact that the odinforce has been used to multiversal effect. no expression

and are you saying odin couldn't shatter mjollnir if he tried? blink

The alternate furture Thor merge with the current Thor and Thor himself is the reason it is and alternate future stick out tongue

Not what i said nice try but Thor was not trying to destroy logan adam or caps shield. Odin was just blast at Thor the same Thor did to the others.

DarkOdin
Just to clarify, are we referring to plain Uru here or enchanted Uru? If the latter, what degree of enchantment? Pretty important in determining how durable the enchanted Uru actually is.

enchanted here is the OP first post

leonidas
The alternate furture Thor merge with the current Thor and Thor himself is the reason it is and alternate future stick out tongue

yeah, i get that, but it's still non-canon. smile

again, it's the odinpower.

odinpower>>shield/hammer/adamantium

so i'm not sure what the fact that the odinforce broke the shield proves . . .? it has no bearing on the hammer vs adamantium debate. confused

SoulDevourer
they created the gods to act as foils. if humans can match and even surpass gods, well, good for us. makes us look better. why, just because they are 'gods' should they be above us? your line of thought makes no sense and in any event is nowhere NEAR consistent with the feats of humans like reed, tony or doom, among others in marvel, forgetting about the feats of humans in the dc universe.yeah in other words their not "gods" hek their even less powerfull then humans and so it wuz a waste o time writin the Asgard (they might aswell have focus on the african vilage witch doctors or the the indian shamans or somethin, cuz basicaly thats what your comparing the asgardians to lol)

refresher:Originally posted by leonidas
i could use a wooden bat and put a dent or mark in a piece of iron. then imagine what a IRON bat woud do against a piece o WOOD, even easier!:

same thing here, cylinder wuz smaller then hammer so the cylinder shoudlve dent the hammer (EVEN MORE SO if the cylinder wuz harder then the hammer, like your sayin)

SoulDevourer
actually it does change things--it makes it non-canon.non-canon? lol!
did they destroy all the copies o comics where it happen?
did they use the MIB memory-flash on all teh readers to erase all trace of it too? laughing out loud

its canon that it happens in a timeline and its canon that Thor undid the timeline, period

so technicaly Thor didnt do it, but it prove that hes capable of doing it

so i'm not sure what the fact that the odinforce broke the shield proves . . .? it has no bearing on the hammer vs adamantium debate. confused its rilly simple :

hammer and sheild colided, so if hammer wuz less durable then the sheild, then its the hammer that woudve broken not the sheild smile

u know like when mjolnir collide with 2 other magic uru waepons and it cause a mega nucular explosion & it broke the hammer & the other 2 wepons smile

leonidas
yeah in other words their not "gods" hek their even less powerfull then humans and so it wuz a waste o time writin the Asgard (they might aswell have focus on the african vilage witch doctors or the the indian shamans or somethin, cuz basicaly thats what your comparing the asgardians to lol)

uh . . yep. i guess it was a total waste writing about gods . . .? confused

no expression

that MAY be the worst interpretation of a metaphor in the history of kmc.

my point was just because one material dents another DOES NOT prove that one material is HARDER than another. wood, if swung with enough force can dent the far harder iron. size has . . . absolutely NOTHING/ZILCH/ZERO to do with my point. seriously.

btw--how thick was the cylinder thor supposedly dented? smile

leonidas
non-canon? lol!
did they destroy all the copies o comics where it happen?
did they use the MIB memory-flash on all teh readers to erase all trace of it too? laughing out loud

its canon that it happens in a timeline and its canon that Thor undid the timeline, period

laughing out loud

did they destroy all the "what if" issues out there? all the copies of all those comics?

so in vulcan threads i can use the fact that he absorbed the phoenix force from the m'krann crystal to demolish galaxies as proof that he CAN control universal levels of energy?! sweet! that will make winning vulcan threads a lot easier! eek!

doh

sigh . . .

no . . . that is NOT what that means . . . when hulk's fist collides with the shield, does hulk's fist shatter? it should cuz, you know, the shield is more durable than hulk's skin.

that . . . really has no bearing on anything.

SoulDevourer
uh . . yep. i guess it was a total waste writing about gods . . .? confusedif their not gods & less then humans like u say then yeah

wrong
u dont get yur own metaphor stick out tongue

if you swing wooden bat against tip of iron spike then wich of the 2 is gonna be damage, bat or spike?

small cylinder (smaller then hammer). aparently hammer hit the tip of it too

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6024/tvas.jpg

SoulDevourer

doh

sigh . . .

no . . . that is NOT what that means . . . when hulk's fist collides with the shield, does hulk's fist shatter? it should cuz, you know, the shield is more durable than hulk's skin. that diffrent thing flesh aint rigid & dont shatter

if it was Urok vs caps sheild then Uroks fist wouldve prolly broken (Urok = that golem made of plain uru)
yeah it does, it mean me right u wrong stick out tongue

Tazer
Yo.

And just how did mega doom break mjolnir?? I have not seen it a scan would be great if you had it.

this was in Secret Wars v1 #11, but any scans from me will hafta wait til I get home from work unfortunately unless some1 else can provide..........?

*hint-hint*

Magneto held mjolnir back not ripped it into pieces and rearranged it atoms big difference.

right, but if Mags *had* warped it in some way......would U have accepted it, or called it BS??

now THERES the question.

Tazer

Tazer
Yo.

that panel doesnt put anything in context; Im lost here...........

Tazer

leonidas
if their not gods & less then humans like u say then yeah

wrong
u dont get yur own metaphor stick out tongue

if you swing wooden bat against tip of iron spike then wich of the 2 is gonna be damage, bat or spike?

blink

okay, none of that makes sense or has any bearing. and nice crop job on the scan (whoever's scan it is). doesn't the rest of that page actually reveal thor did NO damage? i have it somewhere, i can double-check.

and . . . how the heck do you hit the 'tip' of a cylinder . . .? confused

seriously, no point in discussing this further. i can barely understand the non-points you're making.

leonidas
yeah it does, it mean me right u wrong stick out tongue

well, had you just STARTED with that . . . whew . . .

SoulDevourer
blink

okay, none of that makes sense or has any bearing. and nice crop job on the scan (whoever's scan it is). doesn't the rest of that page actually reveal thor did NO damage? i have it somewhere, i can double-check.

and . . . how the heck do you hit the 'tip' of a cylinder . . .? confused

seriously, no point in discussing this further. i can barely understand the non-points you're making. by aiming at tip & hittin it ^^

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/8209/fullsc.jpg

no serous damage but he dent it

DarkOdin
yeah, i get that, but it's still non-canon. smile

again, it's the odinpower.

odinpower>>shield/hammer/adamantium

so i'm not sure what the fact that the odinforce broke the shield proves . . .? it has no bearing on the hammer vs adamantium debate. confused

UMMM he didn't have the odinpower agasint the sheild or the adamantium

Also the Thor from the alternate time line is the current thanks to the merger so it is cannon all he did.

Example maestro coming into the the 616 universe all his feats carry over.

leonidas
by aiming at tip & hittin it ^^

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/8209/fullsc.jpg

no serous damage but he dent it

"scarcely dented it". anyway, doesn't prove mjollnir>adamantium in the least. and i have no idea where you got the idea that he hit the 'tip' of the cylinder OR where you got the idea that the cylinder was in any way SMALLER than the hammer. this whole discussion has just been . . . weird.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

this was in Secret Wars v1 #11, but any scans from me will hafta wait til I get home from work unfortunately unless some1 else can provide..........?

*hint-hint*

right, but if Mags *had* warped it in some way......would U have accepted it, or called it BS??

now THERES the question.

If mags did do it like that i would accept it as long as the is no proof that mjolnir resisted it before but i don't think there is.

Tazer

leonidas
UMMM he didn't have the odinpower agasint the sheild or the adamantium

was that from the reigning or not?

DarkOdin
was that from the reigning or not?

From the reigning but he was cut off from the odinpower at the time.

leonidas
From the reigning but he was cut off from the odinpower at the time.

scan? proof?

DarkOdin
scan? proof? Scans are in the respect thread IT is the issues where he kills Hulk and the thing cap and all them Dr. strange explains stick out tongue

Still waiting for scans of Doom by the way rolling on floor laughing

leonidas
thor still had the OF in that battle against ironman and cap. it's not in the respect thread anywhere i could find.

i have no idea what doom scans you're talking about. confused

DarkOdin
thor still had the OF in that battle against ironman and cap. it's not in the respect thread anywhere i could find.

i have no idea what doom scans you're talking about. confused
Yes he had the ODinpower in that fight but in the reigning he didn't

some posted saying Doom has destroy/damaged mjolnir but as far as i know he only stole it and was trying to harness its power

Anyway the whole point of this is that enchanted uru has only been damaged thru magical mean Adamanitum has been dented from the scan"a dent is a dent and then Maneto rearranged its molecues. So that why imo Enhanted Uru is greater

leonidas
Yes he had the ODinpower in that fight but in the reigning he didn't

you just said he DIDN'T have the odinpower when he destroyed the shield, now you're saying he did. least you got it right in the end . . .

don't remember that . . .

that's also inaccurate. molecule man destroyed mjolnir i think, and magneto has affected it in the same way he affected the shield. perrikus also cut the hammer in half, as has the destroyer (and it wasn't his disintegrator that did it, it was blasts from his hands) and thor's own godblast was also enough to destroy the hammer.

in contrast the odinpower has destroyed the shield and the beyonder has done the same. the odinpower blast (contrary to what you'd like to believe) is non-canon as it is an ALTERNATE future, so really only the beyonder--the most powerful being in MU history--has destroyed it.

by feats and history, shield>hammer

peejayd
Originally posted by Soujaboy

* more valuable and durable all in all (including enchantments) -> uru...

* raw, physical durability -> adamantium...

Ouallada
It's worth noting that when Reece unmade Mjolnir alongside Cap's shield, he was a lot more impressed by the shield's makeup than Mjolnir upon remaking the items he dispersed. Perrikus has definitely sliced Mjolnir into two. The battle against Exitar also left Mjolnir in pieces. The Destroyer, well, destroyed Mjolnir. Mjolnir was also destroyed and damaged in battle against some storm giants and Bor respectively.

While the debate here isn't between Cap's shield and Mjolnir, ignoring OF Thor, we have the shield only being damaged/destroyed by Thanos/IG, PR Reece and Doom/PR Beyonder. Even when counting OF Thor, OF Thor > Destroyer, and Mjolnir was destroyed by the latter, which is inferior to OF Thor, meaning that using Thor's feats against the shield count for little here.

On the topic of Uru, the metal has some lower feats as well. Thor carved a replacement for Mjolnir with his bare hands. Uroc's right hand was destroyed after being frozen by liquid nitrogen and shot. On the other hand, adamantium has survived meteoric impacts in the near absolute-zero temperatures of space, amongst countless other incidents of durability.

In my opinion, Cap's shield > Primary adamantium > Enchanted Uru.

DarkOdin
you just said he DIDN'T have the odinpower when he destroyed the shield, now you're saying he did. least you got it right in the end . . .

I said when he destroyed the sheild and logan he didn't have it

When he dented the sheild he did have it. roll eyes (sarcastic)

don't remember that . . .

that's also inaccurate. molecule man destroyed mjolnir i think, and magneto has affected it in the same way he affected the shield. perrikus also cut the hammer in half, as has the destroyer (and it wasn't his disintegrator that did it, it was blasts from his hands) and thor's own godblast was also enough to destroy the hammer.

I said Mjolnir was only damaged when magic was used Magneto never damaged mjolnir.

in contrast the odinpower has destroyed the shield and the beyonder has done the same. the odinpower blast (contrary to what you'd like to believe) is non-canon as it is an ALTERNATE future, so really only the beyonder--the most powerful being in MU history--has destroyed it.

by feats and history, shield>hammer

The current Thor is marvel 616 merged with the aleternate time line Thor same guy.. feats carry over. They merged AFTER the time line was turned back that why the feats carry over

leonidas
It's worth noting that when Reece unmade Mjolnir alongside Cap's shield, he was a lot more impressed by the shield's makeup than Mjolnir upon remaking the items he dispersed. Perrikus has definitely sliced Mjolnir into two. The battle against Exitar also left Mjolnir in pieces. The Destroyer, well, destroyed Mjolnir. Mjolnir was also destroyed and damaged in battle against some storm giants and Bor respectively.

While the debate here isn't between Cap's shield and Mjolnir, ignoring OF Thor, we have the shield only being damaged/destroyed by Thanos/IG, PR Reece and Doom/PR Beyonder. Even when counting OF Thor, OF Thor > Destroyer, and Mjolnir was destroyed by the latter, which is inferior to OF Thor, meaning that using Thor's feats against the shield count for little here.

On the topic of Uru, the metal has some lower feats as well. Thor carved a replacement for Mjolnir with his bare hands. Uroc's right hand was destroyed after being frozen by liquid nitrogen and shot. On the other hand, adamantium has survived meteoric impacts in the near absolute-zero temperatures of space, amongst countless other incidents of durability.

In my opinion, Cap's shield > Primary adamantium > Enchanted Uru.

ahh. a voice of reason amid the cacophony of madness. big grin

SoulDevourer

In my opinion, Cap's shield > Primary adamantium > Enchanted Uru. so earth science > asgard magic and power cosmic? (MM said caps sheild was weirder then surfers board too)

btw Uroc was not same as mjolnir (writers said so themselve) the only magic he had was to make him alive not harder so not same magic. basicaly Uroc durability= plain uru, not mjolnir, so comparison dont work here. we dunno how the liquid nitro trick would work against adamantium

same with destroyer, it dont count cuz it was never tested against caps sheild (tho Marvel bio does say it can cut thru "any substance known" so that include adamantium too)
and ditto w Perrikus, it was magic sword of a dark god, it slice mjolnir but wuz never tested against the sheild so cant compare either

SoulDevourer
"scarcely dented it". anyway, doesn't prove mjollnir>adamantium in the least. and i have no idea where you got the idea that he hit the 'tip' of the cylinder OR where you got the idea that the cylinder was in any way SMALLER than the hammer. this whole discussion has just been . . . weird. lol wheres the cylinder in the pic then, if its that big

anyway everytime the hammer meet adamantium (or proto adamantium) its always the later that get damage not the former. watta coincidence aint it

leonidas
The current Thor is marvel 616 merged with the aleternate time line Thor same guy.. feats carry over. They merged AFTER the time line was turned back that why the feats carry over

you gotta learn to quote better. some of your replies were in the quote box attributed to me.

where did thor dent the hammer without the odinpower? the eyebeams destroyed it, but where did he dent it with the hammer? i assume during the reigning somewhere.

and like i said, molecule man destroying the hammer was NOT magic.

and you can say it as often as you'd like, but the reigning is an ALTERNATE FUTURE. if you don't like the fact that it is non-canon, well . . . take it up with the rules committee of the KMC . . .

leonidas
lol wheres the cylinder in the pic then, if its that big

what?

blink

it's right in the full page scan you posted!

sigh . . .

yeah, i gotta stop discussing this with you now . . .

Ouallada
ahh. a voice of reason amid the cacophony of madness. big grin

You flatter me. embarrasment

so earth science > asgard magic and power cosmic? (MM said caps sheild was weirder then surfers board too)

btw Uroc was not same as mjolnir (writers said so themselve) the only magic he had was to make him alive not ahrder

The answer is "not necessarily better, but not necessarily worse; just different".

Uroc isn't the same as Mjolnir. Definitely. Was just a series of statements on Uru itself.

Yeah, just like it is coincidental that in the two issues after Thor's adamantium testing, Thor repeatedly hit Ultron, without doing any damage whatsoever. The same adamantium that Thor supposedly dented.

DarkOdin
you gotta learn to quote better. some of your replies were in the quote box attributed to me.

where did thor dent the hammer without the odinpower? the eyebeams destroyed it, but where did he dent it with the hammer? i assume during the reigning somewhere.

and like i said, molecule man destroying the hammer was NOT magic.

and you can say it as often as you'd like, but the reigning is an ALTERNATE FUTURE. if you don't like the fact that it is non-canon, well . . . take it up with the rules committee of the KMC . . .

Le me clear it up before the reighing Odinpowered Thor Dented Cap's Shield.

Fast foward to the reighing arc Thor was cut off from the Odin power killed logan with so sort of blast and bent /damaged his bones. Then he goes and kills Hulk and Thing with one arm. Next Cap fights Thor and during the fight Thor blast cap's shield with some sort of eye blast and destroy's a part of the shield and killed Cap.

after the Reighing Thor goesd back into time to the current 616 reality and merges with his self.

Since The merger happened in the normal time learn of 616 Thor's feats carry over to the reg timeline.

And Molecue man is no normal being as you know

SoulDevourer
what?

blink

it's right in the full page scan you posted! yeah...so does it look anywhere as thick as the hammer? roll eyes (sarcastic)

by feats and history, shield>hammer ok, cite 1 durability feat where u can direcly compare hammer & sheild. just 1 (like somethin which damaged sheild and hammer woud not survive, or somethin which damaged hammer but wich sheild woud survive)

SoulDevourer
Yeah, just like it is coincidental that in the two issues after Thor's adamantium testing, Thor repeatedly hit Ultron, without doing any damage whatsoever. The same adamantium that Thor supposedly dented. yeah no damage either way so impossibel to compare
lets stick to examples where there WAS damage when the 2 colide big grin and surprise surprise, mjolnir never ever get damage

btw the Thor hittin Ultron & causing no damage wuz pure PIS, explain how come Hulk who aint even pissed can put a crack in Ultron armor with his BEAR FIST, yet Thor with his HAMMER cant?

also wasnt the Thor in Thor vs Ultron writen by Busiek? (the same guy who allways underwrite Thor & even make him vulnrable to bullets? lol)

leonidas
Le me clear it up before the reighing Odinpowered Thor Dented Cap's Shield.

Fast foward to the reighing arc Thor was cut off from the Odin power killed logan with so sort of blast and bent /damaged his bones. Then he goes and kills Hulk and Thing with one arm. Next Cap fights Thor and during the fight Thor blast cap's shield with some sort of eye blast and destroy's a part of the shield and killed Cap.

after the Reighing Thor goesd back into time to the current 616 reality and merges with his self.

Since The merger happened in the normal time learn of 616 Thor's feats carry over to the reg timeline.

no expression

like i said, take it up with the people who make the rules of the KMC.

obviously, but neither is he magical.

leonidas
yeah...so does it look anywhere as thick as the hammer? roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing

seriously??

we don't see INSIDE the cylinder. how the heck can ANYONE know how thick the cylinder is! it's much larger than the hammer though. it's . . . right . . . at . . . the . . . bottom . . . of . . . your . . . scan!

the blue thing thor is standing in front of IS the cylinder! this truly is the most blink discussion i've ever had in the forums . . .

ahhhhhhhh . . . . now you're getting somewhere. smile

there is nothing in common which would allow that kind of direct comparison. so we need to look at other things. which have already been discussed over and over.

thor's hammer has uber durability, no doubt, but fewer things have damaged the shield, hence, i say the shield is more durable. it's really that simple. it is of course a matter of opinion at the end of the day, but that is mine, based on the evidence we've seen.

i also think pure adamantium is harder than the hammer, based on history and feats.

Cap's shield > Primary adamantium > Enchanted Uru

Ouallada
yeah no damage either way so impossibel to compare
lets stick to examples where there WAS damage when the 2 colide big grin and surprise surprise, mjolnir never ever get damage

btw the Thor hittin Ultron & causing no damage wuz pure PIS, explain how come Hulk who aint even pissed can put a crack in Ultron armor with his BEAR FIST, yet Thor with his HAMMER cant?

also wasnt the Thor in Thor vs Ultron writen by Busiek? (the same guy who allways underwrite Thor & even make him vulnrable to bullets? lol)

Your replies are honestly giving me a headache from the deciphering. Would it be too difficult to spellcheck and spell out words properly?

As far as collision damage goes, you do not need an object of higher durability to cut another object. Would you argue that water is harder than steel? I guess not. Mjolnir has been damaged far more times than adamantium, though. For instance, in a collision with non-enchanted (iirc) Uru. Still want to cherrypick feats?

I would not claim PIS if I were you. Comic book physics doesn't always work the way you want it to. Just let it go.

SoulDevourer
laughing

seriously??

we don't see INSIDE the cylinder. how the heck can ANYONE know how thick the cylinder is! it's much larger than the hammer though. it's . . . right . . . at . . . the . . . bottom . . . of . . . your . . . scan!

the blue thing thor is standing in front of IS the cylinder! this truly is the most blink discussion i've ever had in the forums . . .rofl u gotta be kiddin the blue things somethin else & Thor aint even lookin at it laughing out loud
the cylinders as thick as a pen or somethin
even marvel handbook say "small cylinder" so there

uh no it only mean the hammers been thru a LOT more. basicaly its been tested more then the other things (no kiddin its a waepon) so obvously it got damage more often. its a statistic thing, simple

btw whats the point in havin a hammer thats a unique waepon when theres a substance that earth can mass-produce that woud be harder then the hammer, lol kinda takes away the point in havin that hammer in the 1st place does it

SoulDevourer
Your replies are honestly giving me a headache from the deciphering. Would it be too difficult to spellcheck and spell out words properly?

As far as collision damage goes, you do not need an object of higher durability to cut another object.
Would you argue that water is harder than steel? when both are solid (rigid ) then yeah u do. how dyou think they test hardness (cf Moh scale o hardness)

nope

Uroc isn't the same as Mjolnir. Definitely. Was just a series of statements on Uru itself.yeah but imo every1 agree that adamantium > plain uru so no contest there smile

hey i swear man, PIS exists in comics! true! big grin

lft4ded
I'd give the contest to Mjolnir over adamantium.

The main problem, story-wise is that Thor's hammer can always be remade. The shield really can't by easy means or else is would be leaked into the criminal community like adamantium has been. Though of course Cap's shield isn't adamantium. :-)

DarkOdin
no expression

like i said, take it up with the people who make the rules of the KMC.

Don't have to it was clear that future Thor merged with current version616. So feats stand unless you get a mod to say else wise

obviously, but neither is he magical.

MM is beyond must abstract beings so you rright he is greater then magic and if iam not mistaken his orgiins were on a cosmis level as see when the beyonder and him combine into a cosmic cube.

Ouallada
when both are solid (rigid ) then yeah u do. how dyou think they test hardness (cf Moh scale o hardness)

Diamonds can be broken by far less than another diamond. Hardness isn't all-encompassing when it comes to durability. Bronze saws, for instance, are used in diamond sawing.

nope

I will admit that I cannot recall if Loki placed any enchantments on the giants' hammers. As far as I recall, he was only looking for the forge. In any case, true adamantium has NEVER been physically broken by anything less than universal threats. While it isn't a perfect comparison, it alludes to how durable adamantium is. Denting =/= breaking.

yeah but imo every1 agree that adamantium > plain uru so no contest there smile

No problem.

hey i swear man, PIS exists in comics! true! big grin

Yup. Comic book science exists in comics too.

leonidas
rofl u gotta be kiddin the blue things somethin else & Thor aint even lookin at it laughing out loud
the cylinders as thick as a pen or somethin
even marvel handbook say "small cylinder" so there

doh

believe what you'd like. at this point it clearly doesn't matter what anyone says.

of course. a statistics thing. cuz cap's shield hasn't been through anything. no expression

dear gawd . . .

stop talking about the gods in a COMIC BOOK WORLD, like they should automatically be greater than the HUMANS IN A COMIC BOOK WORLD just because YOU think so. 60yrs of comics outweighs what you THINK things should be like. do you even know anything at all about the shield, or adamantium?

regardless, i'm done with discussing this with you. you're giving me an aneurysm.

Ouallada
^ And you actually bumped this thread to carry over the discussion from the other thread laughing

Well, at least you know why I stopped on the other thread.

leonidas
^ And you actually bumped this thread to carry over the discussion from the other thread laughing

Well, at least you know why I stopped on the other thread.

gawd, i feel punch-drunk.

boxed

SoulDevourer
Diamonds can be broken by far less than another diamond.yeah but not cut (they scratch 1 substence with another when they compare hardness on moh scale)

oh...link? (unless its alloy with somethin else lol)
they use lasers to cut diamond

yeah and a punch from Hulk no expression

SoulDevourer
doh
of course. a statistics thing. cuz cap's shield hasn't been through anything. no expressionnot as much as Thors hammer
u admited youself, u cant rilly compare cuz the hammer n sheild have never been thru same kinda tests

the only real test wuz when they went 1 on 1, and then only the sheild got damage (instead of hammer, or both hammer and sheild)

this aint even about the gods its about the hammer. its suppose to be unique legendry weapon yet your sayin it aint even as tough as substence thats mass produced. kinda takes away from the "legendray" factor dont it lol

wut...

SoulDevourer
gawd, i feel punch-drunk.

boxed u shoud be honored to debate with me Happy Dance

SoulDevourer

Well, at least you know why I stopped on the other thread. iirc i made a mjolnir vs adamantium thraed once. can bump that one if u wish big grin

leonidas
where is the scan that shows the hammer denting the shield?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>