Kal-L of Earth2 vs Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supreme being
Who wins?

roughrider
He counts as a Pre-Crisis Superman. If that means a helluva lot of logic-bending feats like his Earth-1 counterpart, it's not worth debating.

Howard_Jones
Didn't Kal-L have a worse weakness to magic than Kal-El?

and it's Golden Age Superman.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Howard_Jones

and it's Golden Age Superman. He was only weak to K-nite from his own universe I know that much. Superboy Prime seemed to immune to Black Adams magical charged punches and he was from a different universe. So I am gonna assume he's only vulnerable to magical attacks from his own universe if that makes any sense.

Supreme being
Originally posted by Howard_Jones

and it's Golden Age Superman.

No not at all, In fact his always been able to keep up with Earth1 supes and on occasion embarass him. I would also like to add a new situation to the fight Kal-l has discovered that with the victory of this battle he can restore lois.

Kutulu
Fight would entirely depend on how Thor's magic interacts with Kal-L's biofield in my opinion.

Magic having no extra effect (like SBP vs. Black Adam), Kal-L takes it. Magic having extra effect due to vulnerability, Thor takes it.

Kal-L's base strength, speed and durability are insane.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Supreme being
No not at all, In fact his always been able to keep up with Earth1 supes and on occasion embarass him. I would also like to add a new situation to the fight Kal-l has discovered that with the victory of this battle he can restore lois.

In this case Thor gets slaughtered. I mean he was willing to trade blow with his alternate self because of Lois...

nvrbeenwthagirl

I argued for many weeks that SBP was precrisis and so was Earth 2 Superman. No one would believe me. I'm glad someone actually supports my view.

Supreme being
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I argued for many weeks that SBP was precrisis and so was Earth 2 Superman. No one would believe me. I'm glad someone actually supports my view.

Yes and no basically Kal-L is supposed to be pre crisis supes but he certainly does not posses the powers of the supes of that time but in terms of continuity according to DC he is the supes that was around before the crisis.

On the other hand you have Superboy prime who is in no way Pre crisis SB if i remember correctly i believe his from earth prime.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes and no basically Kal-L is supposed to be pre crisis supes but he certainly does not posses the powers of the supes of that time but in terms of continuity according to DC he is the supes that was around before the crisis.

On the other hand you have Superboy prime who is in no way Pre crisis SB if i remember correctly i believe his from earth prime.

He was a kryptonian from Before Crisis. He moved planets around the Universe with Ease. What do you call him?

Supreme being
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
He was a kryptonian from Before Crisis. He moved planets around the Universe with Ease. What do you call him?

Correct he is kryptonian and his name is Clark Kent but he only showed up during the events of the crisis.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Correct he is kryptonian and his name is Clark Kent but he only showed up during the events of the crisis.

He does however exibit Precrisis Superman lvl strength. And he was able to take on Clark and Earth 2 Precris Clark.

gogogadgetgo
bumpitybump

Bentley
Current Thor is a beast, I think he takes Kal-L at least until the Blackest Night.

Space M ummy
Who wins?

Still Thor, IMHO. Besides the magic vulnerability (which is debatable)
Kal-L still has a red sunlight weakness, and Thor can teleport himself, other opponents, or the entire battlefield to an area that exploits this weakness. (see: classic odin teleporting all of valhalla into the negative zone, or everyone living temporarily off of the earth).

Mjolnir also has some other rarely used energy draining and matter manipulating abilities that could also be put to good use here. It's only slightly less versatile than a lantern ring is, imho.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.