KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kal-L of Earth2 vs Thor.

Kal-L of Earth2 vs Thor.
Started by: Supreme being

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supreme being
Astet controller

Kal-L of Earth2 vs Thor.

Who wins?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 02:01 AM
Supreme being is currently offline Click here to Send Supreme being a Private Message Find more posts by Supreme being Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

He counts as a Pre-Crisis Superman. If that means a helluva lot of logic-bending feats like his Earth-1 counterpart, it's not worth debating.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 02:57 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Didn't Kal-L have a worse weakness to magic than Kal-El?

and it's Golden Age Superman.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 03:22 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Howard_Jones

He was only weak to K-nite from his own universe I know that much. Superboy Prime seemed to immune to Black Adams magical charged punches and he was from a different universe. So I am gonna assume he's only vulnerable to magical attacks from his own universe if that makes any sense.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 04:28 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supreme being
Astet controller

Originally posted by Howard_Jones

No not at all, In fact his always been able to keep up with Earth1 supes and on occasion embarass him. I would also like to add a new situation to the fight Kal-l has discovered that with the victory of this battle he can restore lois.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 10:26 AM
Supreme being is currently offline Click here to Send Supreme being a Private Message Find more posts by Supreme being Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fight would entirely depend on how Thor's magic interacts with Kal-L's biofield in my opinion.

Magic having no extra effect (like SBP vs. Black Adam), Kal-L takes it. Magic having extra effect due to vulnerability, Thor takes it.

Kal-L's base strength, speed and durability are insane.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 03:03 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Supreme being
No not at all, In fact his always been able to keep up with Earth1 supes and on occasion embarass him. I would also like to add a new situation to the fight Kal-l has discovered that with the victory of this battle he can restore lois.

In this case Thor gets slaughtered. I mean he was willing to trade blow with his alternate self because of Lois...

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 04:27 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

I argued for many weeks that SBP was precrisis and so was Earth 2 Superman. No one would believe me. I'm glad someone actually supports my view.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 05:42 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supreme being
Astet controller

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I argued for many weeks that SBP was precrisis and so was Earth 2 Superman. No one would believe me. I'm glad someone actually supports my view.

Yes and no basically Kal-L is supposed to be pre crisis supes but he certainly does not posses the powers of the supes of that time but in terms of continuity according to DC he is the supes that was around before the crisis.

On the other hand you have Superboy prime who is in no way Pre crisis SB if i remember correctly i believe his from earth prime.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 06:13 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes and no basically Kal-L is supposed to be pre crisis supes but he certainly does not posses the powers of the supes of that time but in terms of continuity according to DC he is the supes that was around before the crisis.

On the other hand you have Superboy prime who is in no way Pre crisis SB if i remember correctly i believe his from earth prime.

He was a kryptonian from Before Crisis. He moved planets around the Universe with Ease. What do you call him?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 07:02 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supreme being
Astet controller

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
He was a kryptonian from Before Crisis. He moved planets around the Universe with Ease. What do you call him?

Correct he is kryptonian and his name is Clark Kent but he only showed up during the events of the crisis.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 07:34 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Correct he is kryptonian and his name is Clark Kent but he only showed up during the events of the crisis.

He does however exibit Precrisis Superman lvl strength. And he was able to take on Clark and Earth 2 Precris Clark.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 08:19 PM
gogogadgetgo

bumpitybump

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 11:04 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Current Thor is a beast, I think he takes Kal-L at least until the Blackest Night.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 01:57 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space M ummy

Re: Kal-L of Earth2 vs Thor.

Who wins?

Still Thor, IMHO. Besides the magic vulnerability (which is debatable)
Kal-L still has a red sunlight weakness, and Thor can teleport himself, other opponents, or the entire battlefield to an area that exploits this weakness. (see: classic odin teleporting all of valhalla into the negative zone, or everyone living temporarily off of the earth).

Mjolnir also has some other rarely used energy draining and matter manipulating abilities that could also be put to good use here. It's only slightly less versatile than a lantern ring is, imho.

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 02:04 PM
Space M ummy is currently offline Click here to Send Space M ummy a Private Message Find more posts by Space M ummy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote