Darth Malak vs. Count Dooku OR Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Godzilla
DARTH MALAK VS:
COUNT DOOKU
OR
DARTH MAUL

Anything goes. Malak faces off against one of two Sith of the PT era. It's generally confirmed that Vader beats Malak, but *RAMPANTOX MUST NOT READ PAST THIS POINT* can these two slightly lesser Sith do it?

Anything goes. Takes place on Kamino docking platforms.

General Kenobl
Malak I would say is better than Maul. However, I would say he's weaker by just a bit than Dooku.

darthsith19
Malak beats either of them, but has a hell of a hard time beating Dooku.

Sexyback
Yeah, pretty much.

Darth Subjekt
Is it Dooku in his prime or his ROTS incarnation?

Sexyback
Would they not be the same incarnations?

Darth Subjekt
i dunno...is ROTS his prime being?

Sexyback
I guess so, the only reason to suggest that he would be past his prime would be his age I suppose, but it really didn't seem to affect him too much.

Darth Subjekt
Yea the novel says his age wasn't a factor at all, i just didn't know is like 10 years ago was his prime, or the at the height of his Jedi career. Just curious. Either way, as much as i don't like Dooku, Malak wont just run through Dooku like he's nothing.

Gideon
I disagree. According to Yoda, Dooku was the Temple's greatest student, once. He also called him "the most learned in the ways of the Force". Dooku trained several powerful dark jedi and jedi killers such as Assaj Ventress and General Grievous. He was also the Temple's foremost lightsaber instructor - and was the master of Makashi. He also trained under Sidious in the Sith arts for thirteen years.

Given that Dooku was able to handle Obi-Wan and Anakin's brute strength in their two duels (albeit he lost when Anakin got into "the zone"wink, I don't forsee Malak just beating him into submission. He also dropped Assaj to her knees just by lifting a finger.

I don't see Malak winning against Dooku. I don't even see it being as close. I see Malak going down after some moderate difficulty.

Darth Godzilla
I dunno. Malak was second to Revan, but that doesn't say much considering how strong Revan is. Besides, Malak has performed some pretty impressive feats. He beat Bastila with relative ease, who was not an uber Jedi, but still pretty good. I'd put her on par with AotC Kenobi. His Force mastery is pretty awesome. Also, he was first in an order of thousands of Sith, a society in which the strongest reign supreme. That's pretty impressive, if you ask me.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Darth Godzilla
*RAMPANTOX MUST NOT READ PAST THIS POINT*

Im a curious guy. Im sure there will be no harm done if I have a quick peak...

Slightly lesser!!! Wtf do you mean slightly lesser?!?! Are you implying that our beloved Count is 'slightly lesser' than Lord fvckin Vader?! mad

*Has several mild heart attacks and a stroke*stretcher

Darth Godzilla
lmao

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Godzilla
I dunno. Malak was second to Revan, but that doesn't say much considering how strong Revan is. Besides, Malak has performed some pretty impressive feats. He beat Bastila with relative ease, who was not an uber Jedi, but still pretty good. I'd put her on par with AotC Kenobi. His Force mastery is pretty awesome. Also, he was first in an order of thousands of Sith, a society in which the strongest reign supreme. That's pretty impressive, if you ask me.

Are you trying to say that Dooku wouldn't defeat Malak? Because this isn't proving it (the whole Bastilla = AotC Obi-Wan comparisons don't apply, because Dooku wiped his ass with Obi-Wan - twice). Or are you saying it'd be a close fight?

Darth Godzilla
I'm just playing devil's advocate here. I think Dooku would win this, but I'm not sure (he11, that's why I started this post). I definitely don't think Malak will get pwned like some seem to imply.

Darth Subjekt
OK well Dooku was part of the elite when Jedi and Sith were in their prime...Maul is nowhere near Dooku and Dooku is from what i believe slightly above malak, based on what slight knowledge i have of Malak. I was saying maybe Malak before mainly cause i don't like Dooku, but i think it could go 6/4 in Dooku's favor. Malaks saber skills are nowhere near Dooku's and Dooku is pretty powerful in the force with immense knowledge of said force.

And yes Ox, Dooku is below Lord fvcking vader! stick out tongue

Gideon
Actually, Maul is "one of the deadliest Sith apprentices in history". He's very much underrated around here. He's not on Dooku's level with a lightsaber, and the gap in their Force powers seems to be considerable. But Maul's speed, strength, ferocity, and martial arts prowess coupled with his outrageous stamina and skills with a lightsaber would make him an extremely difficult opponent to face off against in single combat.

Darth Subjekt
Right, i understand that, and I myself at one time has said that Maul was underrated, BUT, i maintain that he is nowhere near the Count's level.

Also, the daddy long legs is the most poisonous spider in the world, however it cant bite us due to a small mouth, so it being one of the deadliest is rather irrelevant. Same for maul...yes he is very good, but without the tools to be able to understand his power and utilize it correctly, then he's no better than AOTC Anakin, when he was pwned by Dooku...although I do not believe that Maul would last nearly as long with Dooku as Ani did.

Kadesh
malak is an unknown at saber combat, we know he is a prodigy, but we dont know what form,

And dooku would beat malak

S_W_LeGenD
When talking about Malak, it is always important to point out that which Malak is this.

- Regular Malak

OR

- SF Malak (much more powerful then before)

If this is Regular Malak, then he is > Maul and < Dooku.

If this is SF Malak, then he is stronger then both Maul and Dooku.

In case of Regular Malak:

Regular Malak will defeat Maul and loose to Dooku after a good fight.

In case of SF Malak:

SF Malak will slaughter Maul and defeat Dooku with moderate difficulty.

Their is big difference between SF Malak and Regular Malak.

Kadesh
Malak getting powered up with the SF? i thought it only happens when it takes place on the SF

Darth Godzilla
No. This takes place wherever I put it, but not the Star Forge. So everyone agrees that:
Maul<Malak<Dooku
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sexyback
Malak remains powered up whether he's on the SF or not.

Darth Godzilla
Like on the Leviathan, where I was kicking his sorry @ss until Bastila intervened.

Kadesh
He isnt a god because he gets powered by the SF

It doesnt make his lightsaber skills any better, and users in Duels hardly resort to the force until they get disarmed or at a far distance

Sexyback
It made him powerful enough to rule above Sion and Nihilus in a society where the strongest rule, contend with Jedi Master Revan, and tool two powerful jedi knights like they were children...

Kadesh
Nihilus wanst even a sith lord during JCW, he was hiding on malachor V getting training,

Thats BS nihilus would RAPE malak

And come on nihilus > Malak, Did you even see that nihilus lifted up a ship and drained an entire planet? What has malak done with the force? Nothing as impressive as that

darthsith19
Wrong. The daddy long legs isn't a spider. It only has six legs - spiders have eight.

stick out tongue

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Kadesh
He isnt a god because he gets powered by the SF

It doesnt make his lightsaber skills any better, and users in Duels hardly resort to the force until they get disarmed or at a far distance
Malak was fighting much better on Star Forge. He hit more effectively on Star Forge and was even Over-Powering. We had to use "Life Support Packs" to heal quickly.

On Leviathan, he was not doing good at all or may be he was tooling with us.

Kadesh
He gets powered up when he is on the SF not outside of it

S_W_LeGenD
Nihilus wanst even a sith lord during JCW, he was hiding on malachor V getting training,

Thats BS nihilus would RAPE malak

And come on nihilus > Malak, Did you even see that nihilus lifted up a ship and drained an entire planet? What has malak done with the force? Nothing as impressive as that
SF powered Malak's Raw Power exceeded that of Nihilus by a large margin.

Though Nihilus has advantage over him due to his massive Drain capability.

Sexyback
No, he remains powered up wherever he is.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Sexyback
Only after the Star Forge enhanced his power, he remained powered up permanently.

So your point is true.

Gideon
Originally posted by Sexyback

Proof?

This is not on the Star Forge. According to LeGenD, he got this supposedly "permenant power-up" after he got on there. This is not the case. A regular Darth Malak would likely take down Maul after a difficult fight, and would lose completely to Count Dooku.

Darth Sexy
Doesn't George Lucas state that Dooku and Maul are the same, after Vader became a robot?

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Doesn't George Lucas state that Dooku and Maul are the same, after Vader became a robot?

No. Lucas lumps them in the same category ("those who are not/never could be as powerful as Sidious"wink as cyborg Vader. It's obvious that Count Dooku is the stronger Force user and the more refined duelist. But Maul's skill is highly underrated.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Greetings I think that Darth Maul can easily beat him.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by darthsith19
Wrong. The daddy long legs isn't a spider. It only has six legs - spiders have eight.

stick out tongue

Lol.

Tangible God
Ox, where's your vehemnt defence of the Count? I was looking forward to it.

For game purposes, Malak is weak on the Leviathon compared to when he's on the Star Forge. But since, for canon purposes we must factor in those changes in strength...

Malak, without that boost from the Star Forge would beat Maul, not easily, but he would win. Against Dooku though, Malak would fail. Not pwnd, but fail.

When he's all Star Forged up, he'd obliterate Maul and with a little time and energy, defeat Dooku.

But without the SF, Malak is second to Dooku.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by darthsith19

stick out tongue

"The name 'daddy-long-legs spider' is a bit confusing. These spiders look a bit like daddy-long-legs, i.e. the Crane-flyTipula, but these have wings. They also resemble the long-legged harvestmen of the family Phalangiidae(!) (also often called daddy-long-legs) but if you watch these closely you can see that the head, thorax and abdomen is fused. In spiders there is a clear distinction between the head/thorax region and the abdomen. Perhaps a better name that is been used is 'long-legged cellar spider'. " - http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/indexmag.html?http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/spider/pholcus1.html

"Another creature often called daddy-longlegs are actually spiders. These long-legged spiders are in the family Pholcidae. Previously the common name of this family was the cellar spiders but arachnologists have also given them the moniker of "daddy-longlegs spiders" because of the confusion generated by the general public. Because these arachnids are spiders, they have 2 body basic body parts (cephalothorax and abdomen), have 8 eyes most often clumped together in the front of the body, the abdomen shows no evidence of segmentation, have 8 legs all attached to the front most body part (the cephalothorax) and make webs out of silk. This is most probably the animal to which people refer when they tell the tale because these spiders are plentiful especially in cellars (hence their common name) and are commonly seen by the general public. The most common pholcid spiders found in U.S. homes are both European immigrants. Pholcus phalangioides is a uniformly grey spider with rectangular, elongate abdomen and is found throughout the U.S. Holocnemus pluchei also has a rectangular, elongate abdomen but has a brown stripe on the ventral side (the belly side - which is typically directed upwards since the spider hangs upside down in its web) which covers its sternum and is a stripe on the abdomen. These spiders are very common along the Pacific Coast. and into the southwest deserts." - http://spiders.ucr.edu/daddylonglegs.html

i think this clears this up, but thanks though...you were half right. stick out tongue

jollyjim311
Malak has what over Maul again? Not training. Not a better master to learn from. Not skill with a blade. Not strength or speed and definately not inteligence.

Kadesh
malaks dumb as shit, He cant think of a way to find bastila and he has to bombard the whole planet,

G0-t0 Even comments on his stupidity

Gideon
malaks dumb as shit, He cant think of a way to find bastila and he has to bombard the whole planet,

G0-t0 Even comments on his stupidity

Dude! I :heart: the Exchange. They were my favorite faction in the games. Tell me what Goto said.

Kadesh
Goto did say he would pick revan over malak, That malaks military tactics and strategies were painfully obvious to everybody,

Not exactly stupidity but in my point of view he indirectly says that.

Only a complete fool wouldnt know how to make strategies which are decent and not so give away

Even jan dadonna stated that her fleet can do a formation to defeat malaks fleet during the SF battle but were unable to due to battle meditation, That proves how useless malak is as a leader and he needs some body to do his dirty work

S_W_LeGenD
Don't forget that Darth Sion appreciated Malak very much.

The search on Taris was taking too long and it was due to exploits of Revan and Canderous that Bastilla and other companions made out alive.

Canderous made it possible to get the Ebon Hawk in time. Revan won Bastilla's freedom. So all these things count.

Malak did not wanted Bastilla to live after his success against Republic Fores above Taris, so he ordered to destroy the entire world. Though it was a very cruel act.

Kadesh
Actually if it was palpatine, vader or revan, they would actually set a trap, not be stupid to bomb the whole world

S_W_LeGenD
Actually if it was palpatine, vader or revan, they would actually set a trap, not be stupid to bomb the whole world
Yeah!

Or perhaps these Sith Lords themselves would have went down their to catch Bastilla off-guard! eek!

Kadesh
Yup, malak doesnt think properly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.