spiderman vs longshot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Longshot powers.
http://www.marveldatabase.com/Longshot_%28Mojoverse%29

Metalmanx
50/50 for each.

carver9
why 50/50

carver9
Originally posted by Metalmanx
50/50 for each.

Why cant you ever say that spiderman would lose a battle or that someone would get the majority over him. Is it hard for you to do that.

tkitna
Brick falls on Spideys head or his web shooter doesnt work for some reason.

Longshot ftw

guy222
Originally posted by carver9
Longshot powers.

I like em both

carver9
I think that longshot is as agile (or could be more agile than spiderman, everything about him is superhuman.) and I actually think that he is faster than spiderman and just as strong as spiderman. Longshot could take this 10/10 if hes using his luck powers but if it is turned off, which Im hoping that it is, then I see it going 6/10 or 7/10 long shot way due to the fact that he has everything spiderman has but he is the better fighter out of the two and has been trained his entire life.

Soljer
Wait....

Where are these speed feats of Longshot's that make him faster than Spidey?

When has Longshot lifted a train?

Metalmanx
Why cant you ever say that spiderman would lose a battle or that someone would get the majority over him. Is it hard for you to do that.

Because in this case, Longshot is not guaranteed a majority here. And neither is Spider-Man. Longshot's powers are impressive and have helped him considerably over the years. But they also don't always work either. By altering probabilities, he actually also has the chance to give himself bad luck as well. His whole power is based on chance. And because of that, his victory is not guaranteed. I do know what I'm talking about.

There have been plenty of times in which I've said Spider-Man loses the majority. It's not my fault you haven't seen them. erm

Metalmanx
I think that longshot is as agile (or could be more agile than spiderman, everything about him is superhuman.) and I actually think that he is faster than spiderman and just as strong as spiderman. Longshot could take this 10/10 if hes using his luck powers but if it is turned off, which Im hoping that it is, then I see it going 6/10 or 7/10 long shot way due to the fact that he has everything spiderman has but he is the better fighter out of the two and has been trained his entire life.

HAH! eek!

And you're judging me? After reading this, it's clear that you don't know a damn thing about Longshot. sad

jasonk3
Spidey with a slight majority

carver9
HAH! eek!

And you're judging me? After reading this, it's clear that you don't know a damn thing about Longshot. sad

Im going by stats that i have seen on both long shot and spiderman. In a xmen handbook that i own, it has long strength range 1-7 at 4, where spiderman is, it dont mean that he is stronger than spiderman but he is up there. It also have spiderman speed at 3 and longshots at 4. durability is the same but longshot have the fighting ability advantage. His fighting ability is at 5 and spiderman is at 4.

carver9
Originally posted by Soljer
Wait....

Where are these speed feats of Longshot's that make him faster than Spidey?

When has Longshot lifted a train?

When have he needed to lift a train. I have seen him pick up mojo (who weighs a ton) and throw him across the room with ease but when I look at bio's it always state that his strength is unknown.

Soljer
When have he needed to lift a train. I have seen him pick up mojo (who weighs a ton) and throw him across the room with ease but when I look at bio's it always state that his strength is unknown.

A single ton? Big. ****ing. Deal.

Spiderman's tossed Hondas without breaking a sweat. He's thrown tens of tons. There is not a damn thing to make me believe Longshot is even close to Spiderman's strength level.

carver9
A single ton? Big. ****ing. Deal.

Spiderman's tossed Hondas without breaking a sweat. He's thrown tens of tons. There is not a damn thing to make me believe Longshot is even close to Spiderman's strength level.

I didnt struggle to throw mojo and I dont think that he is stronger than spiderman but who knows. Marvel themselves dont even know longshot strength, they keep saying that it is unknown but he never needed a reason to display any lifting feets just like juggernaut have never needed a reason to display and lifting feets. Lets put it like this, in the ultimate universe it is stated that lady deathstrike is indestructible but he breaks her neck. Thats all I can go by right now but he havent been in enough comics to show anything yet.

Metalmanx
Im going by stats that i have seen on both long shot and spiderman. In a xmen handbook that i own, it has long strength range 1-7 at 4, where spiderman is, it dont mean that he is stronger than spiderman but he is up there. It also have spiderman speed at 3 and longshots at 4. durability is the same but longshot have the fighting ability advantage. His fighting ability is at 5 and spiderman is at 4.

hysterical

carver9
hysterical

What was that for. Maybe i was wrong but you could let me know so that I wont make the same mistake in the future. Are you trying to say that I shouldnt go by handbooks.

Soljer
What was that for. Maybe i was wrong but you could let me know so that I wont make the same mistake in the future. Are you trying to say that I shouldnt go by handbooks.

No shit.

Metalmanx

The only thing correct about all that is the fighting ability one.

Where was Mojo's weight ever directly mentioned? Looking him up on a few different sites, they all say his weight is unknown.

Regardless, Longshot has NEVER been shown to have any sort of superhuman strength. Hell, he's probably not even peak human in strength.

Nor speed.

Nor endurance.

Nor durability.

Etc.

He DOES, however, have Daredevil-like agility.

He DOES have incredible aim.

He DOES have decent fighting skills.

carver9
No shit.

Well after today, that would be my last resort but what do you all go by, actual feats.

Soljer
Well after today, that would be my last resort but what do you all go by, actual feats.

Feats, feats, and more feats.

carver9
The only thing correct about all that is the fighting ability one.

Where was Mojo's weight ever directly mentioned? Looking him up on a few different sites, they all say his weight is unknown.

Regardless, Longshot has NEVER been shown to have any sort of superhuman strength. Hell, he's probably not even peak human in strength.

Nor speed.

Nor endurance.

Nor durability.

Etc.

He DOES, however, have Daredevil-like agility.

He DOES have incredible aim.

He DOES have decent fighting skills.

Im sorry but this should explain to you everything that you need to know. Everything that you just named about longshot not having is all superhuman. Also in the marvel encyclopedia it quotes the same thing about him being superhuman in all categories.

Read in weeps

Metalmanx
Yes. I see it. I've read it before. I've also read comics featuring Longshot. And he's never shown any of these abilities before, unless I'm really missing something here. At the most, he's high-level athlete in terms of physical abilities.

That's the problem I'm having with it.

carver9
Feats, feats, and more feats.

Are you ok soljer. You seem quite mad today.

carver9
Yes. I see it. I've read it before. I've also read comics featuring Longshot. And he's never shown any of these abilities before, unless I'm really missing something here. At the most, he's high-level athlete in terms of physical abilities.

so whos right you or his bio.

Soljer
Are you ok soljer. You seem quite mad today.

Eh, lack of sleep and some drama going around the dorm. Nothing too serious.

'ppreciate the concern, though.

carver9

spiderman has a spider sense that alerts him of danger and with that he also have agility that helps him avoid attack BUT he get hit by normal street thugs and beat up and hit by almost everyone that he fights. does that rake away the fact that he has those abilities. nope.

Metalmanx
so whos right you or his bio.

Guess we'll never know.

carver9
Guess we'll never know.

Ill go by his bio waaaaaaaaaaaaay before I go by someone that might just be guessing about his abilities. Especially somebody that isnt going to vote against one of his favorite characters.

Metalmanx
Okie dokie then. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Okie dokie then. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Metalmanx, even though me and your answers are majority of the time different it is kind of fun disputing against you because you dont give up. Sometimes I hope that me or someone else have changed your mind but you stick to your opinion and we'll have to show some major facts in order to change your mind and thats cool, thats how it should be. Im saying this because I dont want you to think that I just go around disputing against you, when I pick someone, I pick them because I just think that theyre better. Just wanted to let you know that and dont change your ways because youre about the only one, along with a couple more, jinzin, masterbruce capt it up... that make these boards interesting. Im like a super senior here on these sites. I have been arguing on here for about 3 or 4 years now and i can tell that you all are seniors also.

Metalmanx
Metalmanx, even though me and your answers are majority of the time different it is kind of fun disputing against you because you dont give up. Sometimes I hope that me or someone else have changed your mind but you stick to your opinion and we'll have to show some major facts in order to change your mind and thats cool, thats how it should be. Im saying this because I dont want you to think that I just go around disputing against you, when I pick someone, I pick them because I just think that theyre better. Just wanted to let you know that and dont change your ways because youre about the only one, along with a couple more, jinzin, masterbruce capt it up... that make these boards interesting. Im like a super senior here on these sites. I have been arguing on here for about 3 or 4 years now and i can tell that you all are seniors also.

Well, I thank you for the compliment. And I want you to know that I, too, hope that some of can convince you to change your opinions as well. I enjoy the challenge. Because, like you, I pick someone to win because I believe they would be the victor in a fight. I'm not just blindly supporting Spider-Man in every right. No, I've said he loses plenty of times.

It's just about two years now since I've been doing this myself.

And carver, keep challenging me. smile Just stop being such a dick about it sometimes. erm

masterbruce
Well, I thank you for the compliment. And I want you to know that I, too, hope that some of can convince you to change your opinions as well. Because, like you, I pick someone to win because I believe they would be the victor in a fight. I'm not just blindly supporting Spider-Man in every right. No, I've said he loses plenty of times.

It's just about two years now since I've been doing this myself.

What's your opinion of the NC Spiderman fight? I don't think Spiderman has a chance in hell against NC.

masterbruce
Just stop being such a dick about it sometimes. erm

but you're fun to be a dick to stick out tongue embarrasment laughing out loud

Metalmanx
Originally posted by masterbruce
What's your opinion of the NC Spiderman fight? I don't think Spiderman has a chance in hell against NC.

Well, honestly? I think Spider-Man wins. Don't get me wrong, I think NC is great ans VERY underrated. But I also don't underrate (nor overrate) the spider-sense.

I mean, hell, he can sense Dr. Strange's astral form, but he can't sense a teleport?

http://img197.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10916ex.png

Right before Kurt attacks, Pete'll know where and when to dodge. Then he can counter accordingly. If his spider-sense didn't give him all the information, then he wouldn't be able to know how to dodge specific attacks (see attached).

Metalmanx
Originally posted by masterbruce
but you're fun to be a dick to stick out tongue embarrasment laughing out loud

stick out tongue

By the way. I like you so much better now, masterbruce. You're not being an ass and you're actually thinking logically now. I am very pleased. thumb up

carver9
Well, honestly? I think Spider-Man wins. Don't get me wrong, I think NC is great ans VERY underrated. But I also don't underrate (nor overrate) the spider-sense.

I mean, hell, he can sense Dr. Strange's astral form, but he can't sense a teleport?

http://img197.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10916ex.png

Right before Kurt attacks, Pete'll know where and when to dodge. Then he can counter accordingly. If his spider-sense didn't give him all the information, then he wouldn't be able to know how to dodge specific attacks (see attached).

Now lets stop with all this romantic stuff and get back to the fight. I think that the fight goes longshot 6/10. By the way, I can be a dick sometimes, what man cant. We were just born to be stubborn. Its very hard to change my opinion, you actually have to bring something to the table to change my mind.

Metalmanx
Now lets stop with all this romantic stuff and get back to the fight. I think that the fight goes longshot 6/10. By the way, I can be a dick sometimes, what man cant. We were just born to be stubborn. Its very hard to change my opinion, you actually have to bring something to the table to change my mind.

Do tell.

Please explain to me how Longshot wins. I'll do my best to counter it.

carver9
Do tell.

Please explain to me how Longshot wins. I'll do my best to counter it.

Since longshot strength isnt classified Im going to go with 2 tons. With that said that is enough to ko spiderman. Dont say that its not because king pin cant lift 2 tons and he did it. Now given that it has been stated that majority of everything about longshot is superhuman. So I see both of them dodging each other but sincelongshot has luck on his side (we are suppose to use the characters to the best of there abilities), I see spiderman tripping over things or birds flying in his face, just examples, leading to longshot getting in some good shots.

Metalmanx
Since longshot strength isnt classified Im going to go with 2 tons. With that said that is enough to ko spiderman. Dont say that its not because king pin cant lift 2 tons and he did it. Now given that it has been stated that majority of everything about longshot is superhuman. So I see both of them dodging each other but sincelongshot has luck on his side (we are suppose to use the characters to the best of there abilities), I see spiderman tripping over things or birds flying in his face, just examples, leading to longshot getting in some good shots.

Where does two tons come from? confused I know it says it's not specified, but two tons? Longshot's never shown that kind of strength. But whatever.

What kind of "good shots" are we talking about here? Spider-Man has superhuman durability as well, durability that Longshot would dream for. Example: Scorpion (who was several tons stronger than Spidey at the time, which would put him in the 15-20 ton range), nearly broke his hands when beating on Spidey.

And while I do agree that Longshot's probability-altering abilities could be interesting in this fight, there's still the fact that the spider-sense can account for most of these alterations in probability.

TricksterPriest
I'm not sure the Spider sense CAN counter something like Longshot's power. I've also heard that Longshot's power doesn't backfire unless he tries to use it for something bad. It's supposed to only work when he's being heroish or doing something selfless, etc.

I agree on the strength and durability advantage, but I'd like to know if these two have ever fought. Or if Spidey has fought anyone with similar powers, like Domino. It would probably help Longshot's cause if they were fighting somewhere where his powers could give him more of a chance, like a major city (not NY, that just screws him over stick out tongue ) .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.