Cosmic Glaze (Surfer) vs Adamantium (Logan)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Roldz
Surfers cosmic glaze body vs Wolverines bone, true adamantium..

Which one is the most durable between the two?

Against physical attack?

Then energy attack?

TricksterPriest
Is this a joke? Power Cosmic body ftw. cool

Wolverine2006
Wolverine has shanked Surfer before...and Zombie Hulk(Who is weaker than Ultimate Thing) bit off the their universe's Surfer's head off

darthgoober
Originally posted by Roldz
Surfers cosmic glaze body vs Wolverines bone, true adamantium..

Which one is the most durable between the two?

Against physical attack?

Then energy attack?
Unfortunately(meaning that I myself think it's stupid as Hell) adamantium is the stronger of the two substances. This has been made clear by the fact that guys like God-Cable and Firelord have managed to break Surfer's board(which is at least a couple of inches thick), while NO ONE'S been able to do anything similar to true adamantium.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by darthgoober
Unfortunately(meaning that I myself think it's stupid as Hell) adamantium is the stronger of the two substances. This has been made clear by the fact that guys like God-Cable and Firelord have managed to break Surfer's board(which is at least a couple of inches thick), while NO ONE'S been able to do anything similar to true adamantium.

I'm glad someone agrees with me on this. It's kinda rediculous that they can break the Power Cosmic board, but not the earthly metal. roll eyes (sarcastic) If you had a shield made of adamantium or one made of Surfer's skin, which would you use?

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'm glad someone agrees with me on this. It's kinda rediculous that they can break the Power Cosmic board, but not the earthly metal. roll eyes (sarcastic) If you had a shield made of adamantium or one made of Surfer's skin, which would you use? I'd rather use Surfer's dead body. whistle

Roldz
Didnt Thor crush adamantium before with his bare hands? Dont know the purity of that adamantium dough, doubt it was high grade..
I myself thinks high grade adamantium is by far more durable, just wanted some opinions from this in this forum..

darthgoober
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'm glad someone agrees with me on this. It's kinda rediculous that they can break the Power Cosmic board, but not the earthly metal. roll eyes (sarcastic) If you had a shield made of adamantium or one made of Surfer's skin, which would you use?
Well that would depend on what I was going up against. To my knowledge, no one's ever been able to mess with Surfer with magnitism or anti metal just because of his silvery skin(and until I see an instance of someone managing to do that, I'm not convinced that they can seeing as how it originates from Galactus), but adamantium HAS shown a vulnerability to those sources. So when opposed by magnetism or anti metal Surfer's glaze is the obvious choice of the two, with anything else I'd have to go with adamantium.

As for WHY adamantium seems to be so much more effective than damn near anything else in the universe, I have a theory on it. Have you ever noticed just how many of the big guns in the universe originate from Earth? Think about it... Quasar, Adam Warlock, Thor, Dr Strange and God only knows how many others are all from one planet. Even many of the universe's REALLY big guns like Molecule Man, Phoenix, Jim Jaspers, and Havok have all been born here. Earth seems to be a magnet for some of the best and brightest in the universe no matter what field your talking about. Even though the general population of Earth pretty much pales in comparison in regards to the power and resources of most alien cultures, it also has a greater concentration of super beings than just about ANYWHERE.

Compare the likes of the Kree and the Skrull to the average citizen of Earth. Both alien species are stronger, faster, and more technologically advanced than any of the "normal" people that inhabit the planet. Now let's think about the super beings of each species. Well the Kree have Ronan and the Skrull have the Super Skrull, but that's pretty much it. We have a crapload of people from this planet who are more powerful than both of those guys put together. Hell if everyone on Earth banded together the way the Kree and Skrull do, Earth would rule the entire universe withing a year at the most.

It KINDA makes sense(or at least seems possible) that if there where what could be considered the single strongest metal in the universe it would originate from here because of the genetic tampering done by the Celestials. Maybe the Celestials implanted the knowledge/inspiration of the formula for adamantium creation somewhere deep within human kinds DNA just waiting for humans to stumble across the secret(it WAS discovered by accident while trying to create something else).

tkitna
Didnt Thor crush adamantium before with his bare hands? Dont know the purity of that adamantium dough, doubt it was high grade..
I myself thinks high grade adamantium is by far more durable, just wanted some opinions from this in this forum..

I think that was the Hulk when he grabbed an adamantium statue and threw it at Thor. I think theres a scan of it in the Hulks respect thread.

TricksterPriest
Well that would depend on what I was going up against. To my knowledge, no one's ever been able to mess with Surfer with magnitism or anti metal just because of his silvery skin(and until I see an instance of someone managing to do that, I'm not convinced that they can seeing as how it originates from Galactus), but adamantium HAS shown a vulnerability to those sources. So when opposed by magnetism or anti metal Surfer's glaze is the obvious choice of the two, with anything else I'd have to go with adamantium.

As for WHY adamantium seems to be so much more effective than damn near anything else in the universe, I have a theory on it. Have you ever noticed just how many of the big guns in the universe originate from Earth? Think about it... Quasar, Adam Warlock, Thor, Dr Strange and God only knows how many others are all from one planet. Even many of the universe's REALLY big guns like Molecule Man, Phoenix, Jim Jaspers, and Havok have all been born here. Earth seems to be a magnet for some of the best and brightest in the universe no matter what field your talking about. Even though the general population of Earth pretty much pales in comparison in regards to the power and resources of most alien cultures, it also has a greater concentration of super beings than just about ANYWHERE.

Compare the likes of the Kree and the Skrull to the average citizen of Earth. Both alien species are stronger, faster, and more technologically advanced than any of the "normal" people that inhabit the planet. Now let's think about the super beings of each species. Well the Kree have Ronan and the Skrull have the Super Skrull, but that's pretty much it. We have a crapload of people from this planet who are more powerful than both of those guys put together. Hell if everyone on Earth banded together the way the Kree and Skrull do, Earth would rule the entire universe withing a year at the most.

It KINDA makes sense(or at least seems possible) that if there where what could be considered the single strongest metal in the universe it would originate from here because of the genetic tampering done by the Celestials. Maybe the Celestials implanted the knowledge/inspiration of the formula for adamantium creation somewhere deep within human kinds DNA just waiting for humans to stumble across the secret(it WAS discovered by accident while trying to create something else).

Very interesting theory. hmm And scarily logical. Thinking about it, it explains so much about earth and our superpowered beings.

Bentley
Yeah, but in the DC universe people from earth are even more kickass and they don't have shinny metals.

Soljer
(it WAS discovered by accident while trying to create something else).

Very good theory, and, as trickster said, very logical.

thumb up I applaud you.

And just wanted to point out that adamantium was created in the failed attempt to recreate of Captain America's shield - which itself was an accident.

CasanoVa
Cosmic Glaze sounds like a donut stick out tongue

Juntai
(it WAS discovered by accident while trying to create something else). Most inventions are made that way, like Kevlar body armor for instance...comparable, no?..... Also the Frisbee, the Microwave, just to name a few more. wink

darthgoober
Originally posted by Juntai
Most inventions are made that way, like Kevlar body armor for instance...comparable, no?..... Also the Frisbee, the Microwave, just to name a few more. wink
And how do we know that ALL those inventions discovered by accident weren't given to us by the Celestials.... stick out tongue

Soljer
And how do we know that ALL those inventions discovered by accident weren't given to us by the Celestials.... stick out tongue

Because...

We invented the celestials.

By accident!

Oh, snap! I just proved that the Marvel Universe 616 is the universe we're ACTUALLY living in!

Friggin Doctor Strange is just wiping our minds of the actual super hero/villain battles, and the inspiration for comic books is just residual....

xjustice69x
surfer skin is stronger when it comes to molecular attacks, cosmic and such.
adimantium for pure strength

WorldWarHulk
Unfortunately(meaning that I myself think it's stupid as Hell) adamantium is the stronger of the two substances. This has been made clear by the fact that guys like God-Cable and Firelord have managed to break Surfer's board(which is at least a couple of inches thick), while NO ONE'S been able to do anything similar to true adamantium. The difference here though, is that we have never seen Firelord go full bore against Wolverine, or, that we have never seen GL Cable try and snap Wolverine.

What we do have though, is Sy'm snap Wolverine's claws. King Thor making his bones look like rubber with an eye blast.

The difference between Surfer and Wolverine, is that, Surfer takes attacks by the big boys. There should be no comparison between the two.
Fact of the matter is, that Surfer's board can be remade... when something goes wrong with one of Wolvey's claws, then he's f*cked.

Also, Surfer takes attacks that would destroy planets. Wolverine takes things like nukes, and plane crashes. As soon as he got hit with an Odin level being, he was nothing, his duribility was nothing, his bones were nothing.
Surfer has taken attacks by Galactus quite a few times, and almost every time, he has gotten up with no effect.

Can we compare the attacks?

Just because Wolverine has "never" had his bones smashed, doesn't mean anything. When you look at what he has taken, and then compare it to Surfer's damage... it really makes no sense.
You're telling me a nuke didn't damage his bones, nor did Spider-Man, or Ba'al?
Get outta here, he must be a god!

Wolverine's claws may very well be more durible, but the difference is, that Surfer has taken heavier attacks by ten fold more than Wolverine.

llagrok
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I'd rather use Surfer's dead body. whistle

<.<

Acrosurge
Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
The difference here though, is that we have never seen Firelord go full bore against Wolverine, or, that we have never seen GL Cable try and snap Wolverine.

What we do have though, is Sy'm snap Wolverine's claws. King Thor making his bones look like rubber with an eye blast.

The difference between Surfer and Wolverine, is that, Surfer takes attacks by the big boys. There should be no comparison between the two.
Fact of the matter is, that Surfer's board can be remade... when something goes wrong with one of Wolvey's claws, then he's f*cked.

Also, Surfer takes attacks that would destroy planets. Wolverine takes things like nukes, and plane crashes. As soon as he got hit with an Odin level being, he was nothing, his duribility was nothing, his bones were nothing.
Surfer has taken attacks by Galactus quite a few times, and almost every time, he has gotten up with no effect.

Can we compare the attacks?

Just because Wolverine has "never" had his bones smashed, doesn't mean anything. When you look at what he has taken, and then compare it to Surfer's damage... it really makes no sense.
You're telling me a nuke didn't damage his bones, nor did Spider-Man, or Ba'al?
Get outta here, he must be a god!

Wolverine's claws may very well be more durible, but the difference is, that Surfer has taken heavier attacks by ten fold more than Wolverine. This is an excellent point. Put Wolverine up against Tenebrous and Aegis and let us see how his adamantium holds up.

Heck, I'd put Adamantium below Uru, but that's just me.

Galan007
Originally posted by Acrosurge
This is an excellent point. Put Wolverine up against Tenebrous and Aegis and let us see how his adamantium holds up. That's not really a good way to test the more durable of the two though.

Look at Surfer in this scan, (just after fighting A&T):

http://i82.imagethrust.com/images/3svI/view-image/annihilation-heraldsofgalactus-2--040.html

He was broken, his board had holes in it, and both feet and a hand seem to have been blown off.

It's not like he came away without a scratch, infact SS would have died had Galactus not saved his life.

Now if Wolverine went up against A&T, sure his person would be disintegrated, but what would become of his skeleton?

srug

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
That's not really a good way to test the more durable of the two though.

Look at Surfer in this scan, (just after fighting A&T):

http://i82.imagethrust.com/images/3svI/view-image/annihilation-heraldsofgalactus-2--040.html

He was broken, his board had holes in it, and both feet and a hand seem to have been blown off.

It's not like he came away without a scratch, infact SS would have died had Galactus not saved his life.

Now if Wolverine went up against A&T, sure his person would be disintegrated, but what would become of his skeleton?

srug

That happened riding the big crunch energies. After simply being attacked by Tenebrous and Aegis, he wasn't nearly so destroyed.

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
That happened riding the big crunch energies. After simply being attacked by Tenebrous and Aegis, he wasn't nearly so destroyed. yes

And this was Surfer before going into the BC:

http://i81.imagethrust.com/images/3svA/view-image/annihilation-heraldsofgalactus-2--036.html

Do you see higher grade adamantium being as broken?

I honestly don't.

Stupid Rookie
Galan has a legit point.

The fact is that we have seen surfer's board and body broken. That is a panel fact.

We have not seen Adamantium affected in the same way. I do think however that it is not unreasonable to think that Adamantium would break if enough pressure is applied.

I mean SS flies through starts, survives planet destroying blasts, and hits from Beings like Galactus.

I am not an expert on Adamantium, but how was it originally melted to turn it into swords, claws etc.

Soljer
yes

And this was Surfer before going into the BC:

http://i81.imagethrust.com/images/3svA/view-image/annihilation-heraldsofgalactus-2--036.html

Do you see higher grade adamantium being as broken?

I honestly don't.

After being blasted by two Galan-level beings?

Uhhh...confused.

Hell yes!

Galan007
After being blasted by two Galan-level beings?

Uhhh...confused.

Hell yes! But how powerful were the blasts they fired?

They could have been very powerful,

Or could have been not so powerful.

We don't know.

Ethereal
Surfer's skin more resistant to molecular, heat, cold, blasts, etc as well

adamantium seems more durable againt bricking against, breaking etc..

Soljer
But how powerful were the blasts they fired?

They could have been very powerful,

Or could have been not so powerful.

We don't know.

We know that they were VASTLY more powerful than planet-busting attacks/Supernovas/black holes, as the Surfer has survived all of the above with nary a scratch.

Do you believe that you could stick Wolverine's left arm through several planet busting attacks, followed by a supernova, and then a dip in a black hole and have it be fine and dandy?

Galan007
Do you believe that you could stick Wolverine's left arm through several planet busting attacks, followed by a supernova, and then a dip in a black hole and have it be fine and dandy? I can't answer that accurately.

Since adamantium has never undergone such punishment, it's impossible to say whether or not it could or couldn't endure this.

Soljer
I can't answer that accurately.

Since adamantium has never undergone such punishment, it's impossible to say whether or not it could or couldn't endure this.

No, but it has been utterly obliterated by a (seemingly low-powered) blast from King Thor. Who, by all rights, is quite a bit less powerful than either Aegis or Tenebrous.

Galan007
No, but it has been utterly obliterated by a (seemingly low-powered) blast from King Thor. Who, by all rights, is quite a bit less powerful than either Aegis or Tenebrous. Scan?

I did not know about this.

Accel
Originally posted by tkitna
I think that was the Hulk when he grabbed an adamantium statue and threw it at Thor. I think theres a scan of it in the Hulks respect thread.
He only really grabbed the base of the statue, which was most likely made out of concrete or something.

I don't think first-grade adamantium has ever been damaged in continuity. Pretty much every time we see some one damage adamantium, it's some lower grade version.

Accel
Originally posted by Acrosurge
This is an excellent point. Put Wolverine up against Tenebrous and Aegis and let us see how his adamantium holds up.

Heck, I'd put Adamantium below Uru, but that's just me.
Uru is really only more durable than adamantium with enchantments. With out any magic, Thor was once able to carve into Uru with his fingers. Another time, when Thor had Odin remove the enchantment from his hammer for five minutes, Hulk grabbed it and Thor thought he'd be able to break it if he tried.

WorldWarHulk
Scan?

I did not know about this.
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8896/thorv2073page015ry8.th.jpg

Galan007
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8896/thorv2073page015ry8.th.jpg Yeah I found that issue, but I wouldn't say Wolvie's skeleton was utterly obliterated by KT.

Stupid Rookie
Yeah I found that issue, but I wouldn't say Wolvie's skeleton was utterly obliterated by KT.

I had never seen, or at least remembered the detail of that scan.

It does seem that the Adamantium is at least bending/melting doesn't it.

What do we think on odin power blast like that would do to SS. We have seen Odin knock him out, but would it damage his outer layer, or his board?

Soljer
Originally posted by Stupid Rookie
I had never seen, or at least remembered the detail of that scan.

It does seem that the Adamantium is at least bending/melting doesn't it.

What do we think on odin power blast like that would do to SS. We have seen Odin knock him out, but would it damage his outer layer, or his board?

When Odin knocked him out, his body was totally undamaged.

Comparatively, when Tenebrous and Aegis unleashed on him, he was cracked and hurt.

Anyways, in that King Thor scan, it certainly doesn't seem like he's trying too hard. Also, later on, King Thor blasts Captain America's shield into pieces with another eye beam. Captain America's shield is even more durable than primary adamantium. If a novice skyfather (King Thor was no where near as powerful as Odin) could obliterate Adamantium, or a metal even STRONGER than Adamantium with such ease, I'm certain the cosmic gods that have attacked the Surfer (to little avail) would have next to no problem.

Galan007
Anyways, in that King Thor scan, it certainly doesn't seem like he's trying too hard. Also, later on, King Thor blasts Captain America's shield into pieces with another eye beam. Captain America's shield is even more durable than primary adamantium. If a novice skyfather (King Thor was no where near as powerful as Odin) could obliterate Adamantium, or a metal even STRONGER than Adamantium with such ease, Was it just me, or did KT seem unusually powerful in that arc?
I'm certain the cosmic gods that have attacked the Surfer (to little avail) In all fairness to A&T, they were standing over a beaten Surfer..... They could have killed him, but opted not to.

Surfer was not the more powerful character in that battle.

Soljer
Was it just me, or did KT seem unusually powerful in that arc?
In all fairness to A&T, they were standing over a beaten Surfer..... They could have killed him, but opted not to.

Surfer was not the more powerful character in that battle.

I wasn't saying that the Surfer WAS the more powerful character. Nor was I only referring to T&A.

The Surfer has been attacked by MANY foes that were VASTLY more powerful than King Thor, and has been okay throughout most of it. At the very least, he wasn't melted or destroyed, as the Adamantium was by King Thor.

WorldWarHulk
Was it just me, or did KT seem unusually powerful in that arc?
In all fairness to A&T, they were standing over a beaten Surfer..... They could have killed him, but opted not to.
Killing Capt, and Wolverine?

Also, no, he was really kind of a pussy.

Now, when you get to his later appearances... he just might be more powerful than Odin... maybe.

Stupid Rookie
When Odin knocked him out, his body was totally undamaged.

Comparatively, when Tenebrous and Aegis unleashed on him, he was cracked and hurt.

Anyways, in that King Thor scan, it certainly doesn't seem like he's trying too hard. Also, later on, King Thor blasts Captain America's shield into pieces with another eye beam. Captain America's shield is even more durable than primary adamantium. If a novice skyfather (King Thor was no where near as powerful as Odin) could obliterate Adamantium, or a metal even STRONGER than Adamantium with such ease, I'm certain the cosmic gods that have attacked the Surfer (to little avail) would have next to no problem.

That is the way I remember it.

Destroying Cap's shield is very impressive and honestly that leaves me to believe that SS's Glaze is more powerful. It is a hard thing to judge though. I mean would Durok the destroyer (spelling?) be able to break Cap's shield? I doubt it, but didn't he break SS's board. SS's board is annoying to me (a big SS fan) because sometimes people break it too easily. I mean really sometimes breaking it is like nothing.

xjustice69x
That is the way I remember it.

Destroying Cap's shield is very impressive and honestly that leaves me to believe that SS's Glaze is more powerful. It is a hard thing to judge though. I mean would Durok the destroyer (spelling?) be able to break Cap's shield? I doubt it, but didn't he break SS's board. SS's board is annoying to me (a big SS fan) because sometimes people break it too easily. I mean really sometimes breaking it is like nothing.
well thay say its part of him mabey it has to due with his power levels at the time?

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by xjustice69x
well thay say its part of him mabey it has to due with his power levels at the time?
A definite possibility. He looked strong against Morg and Durok though. I am trying to think of other people who broke it.

xjustice69x
i think cable did it once, but im not sure if it was a "what if"

Stupid Rookie
i think cable did it once, but im not sure if it was a "what if"

That is right, "god-like" Cable did it. I had forgotten, thanks.

xjustice69x
in theory the board should be stronger then his skin due to its thickness

Soljer
in theory the board should be stronger then his skin due to its thickness

Surfer's entire body is composed of the 'glaze.'

To put it simply, he's solid silver, not silver plated.

Roldz
http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/8896/thorv2073page015ry8.th.jpg
Did this happen in 616 universe and is it cannon?

It was mentioned in the wikipedia that Thor w/ full strength throw/swing from his hammer slightly dented true adamantium while WMThor knocked Surfer out w/ a full swing from his hammer yet no damage done to his body.. (Warlock mentioned that still being unconscious does pose a big problem to Surfer health dough..lol) looks like C G more durable in the physical application of force too.

Dont think the board is harder than his skin, just diff. composition (hardness) kinda like true and 2ndary adamantium, how else could you explain 2-3 full swing from Morgs axe toward SS body only put him unconscious, yet while running through it mid swing split his board..
Or maybe its just that the body holds more PC than the board making it more durable..

Anyhow id def. take Cosmic glaze back by PC more durable than adamantium, it gets stronger when it is enhance by it.. checked Enslaver saga When Wyngard had a portion of SS powers and attack the mother ship, he says it there.. But since its just C G vs true Adamantium, ive got to say Adamantium takes it..

xjustice69x

It was mentioned in the wikipedia that Thor w/ full strength throw/swing from his hammer slightly dented true adamantium while WMThor knocked Surfer out w/ a full swing from his hammer yet no damage done to his body.. (Warlock mentioned that still being unconscious does pose a big problem to Surfer health dough..lol) looks like C G more durable in the physical application of force too.

Dont think the board is harder than his skin, just diff. composition (hardness) kinda like true and 2ndary adamantium, how else could you explain 2-3 full swing from Morgs axe toward SS body only put him unconscious, yet while running through it mid swing split his board..
Or maybe its just that the body holds more PC than the board making it more durable..

Anyhow id def. take Cosmic glaze back by PC more durable than adamantium, it gets stronger when it is enhance by it.. checked Enslaver saga When Wyngard had a portion of SS powers and attack the mother ship, he says it there.. But since its just C G vs true Adamantium, ive got to say Adamantium takes it..
yea any one know what comic that is?
yea i dont think the board is harder per say. like diamond to steel, but i do think its stronger structure wise.
i think thay are the same matirial. the reason he would be able to take a shot by the axe and the board cant is proly the PC backing him.
when cosmic power is backing the glaze controled by a conscious user. its proly stronger then normal.
not that its means anything but ,
i remeber in the old marvel rpg system the surfers board was as strong as caps shield. and both where stronger then tru adimantium.
though surfers skin was much less then the others.

hmmm im cunfused now lol

Acrosurge
yea any one know what comic that is?Thor dented this form of adamantium in Avengers 66.

CasanoVa
Cosmic Glaze still sounds like a donut erm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by CasanoVa

Reminds me of that Shrike armor . . .

Stupid Rookie
Wait, didn't SS once fly through a wall of adamantium or something like that. I seem to remember his flying through it to get Nova. I haven't seen the comic in a long time, maybe I am mistaken. I will check it out when I get home from work, and maybe have something to add.

Stupid Rookie
Ok I was wrong, it was vibranium, not adamantium.

Soljer
Originally posted by CasanoVa

*drools*

Mmmmnnn.....cosmic glaze.....

Uggghggghhh....

WorldWarHulk
Yes, and if it isn't canon, then there is no such thing as King Thor.
Also, it happened, and King Thor went back to the past, to get the current King Thor to stop it.
Same universe, same rules, and it would have happened if Thor hadn't went back to the past.

Also, to answer an earlier question about the comic number with Wolverine, etc. It is Thor V2 #73 The Reigning 5.

xjustice69x
thanks for the issue # WWH!!

Priest
Wait, didn't SS once fly through a wall of adamantium or something like that. I seem to remember his flying through it to get Nova. I haven't seen the comic in a long time, maybe I am mistaken. I will check it out when I get home from work, and maybe have something to add.
sounds familiar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.