Dark Pheonix, eh? BRING IT ON!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason Redfield
Recently, my brother, my sister, and I finished Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on X-Box. It was a good game and all, and I especially liked the ending where you get to see how your actions affected the universe. Now, we didn't save Jean Grey, in favor of Nightcrawler. So apparently, she returns from Mephisto's realm to exact vengeance upon us as Dark Pheonix in the near future.

Here's the way I see it: We have no need to worry. We wounded Galactus, we easily could've owned Mephisto, kicked Loki's butt, and, finally, we beat Dr. Doom who was charged with the powers of Odin. If we can do all of that, what have we got to worry from "Dark Pheonix"?

I played most of the game as Blade.

My brother played as Iceman.

My sister played Storm.

Then, we had Iron Man tagging along as a bot.

These four characters made up the team known only as... "The Agents of Wong". (Don't ask)

So, who would win? Us, or Pheonix?

(Keep in mind, I'm talking about the characters that are used in-game. So this isn't the current Omega Iceman who can survive as vapor. It's modern, yet classic super heroes.)

If you insist on giving the battle to Pheonix, what if we add in The Thing and Ghost Rider to help my crew out?

Well, I'm biased. However, in my opinion, our superior numbers would simply be too much for Dark Pheonix. Storm could be raining down lighting on target, while Iceman is blasting her with a freeze beam, Blade is unloading his pistol, attacking with his sword, or using explosive spikes. Not to mention, there'd be Iron Man with his energy beams, The Thing with his strength, and, finally Ghost Rider with flames and vengeance. Against this onslaught, who COULD survive?

(Rhetorical question... don't reply with Galactus, or somethin' like that.)

guy222
Originally posted by Jason Redfield
Recently, my brother, my sister, and I finished Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on X-Box. It was a good game and all, and I especially liked the ending where you get to see how your actions affected the universe. Now, we didn't save Jean Grey, in favor of Nightcrawler. So apparently, she returns from Mephisto's realm to exact vengeance upon us as Dark Pheonix in the near future.

Here's the way I see it: We have no need to worry. We wounded Galactus, we easily could've owned Mephisto, kicked Loki's butt, and, finally, we beat Dr. Doom who was charged with the powers of Odin. If we can do all of that, what have we got to worry from "Dark Pheonix"?

My sister played Storm.

These four characters made up the team known only as... "The Agents of Wong". (Don't ask)

(Keep in mind, I'm talking about the characters that are used in-game. So this isn't the current Omega Iceman who can survive as vapor. It's modern, yet classic super heroes.)

If you insist on giving the battle to Pheonix, what if we add in The Thing and Ghost Rider to help my crew out?

Well, I'm biased. However, in my opinion, our superior numbers would simply be too much for Dark Pheonix. Storm could be raining down lighting on target, while Iceman is blasting her with a freeze beam, Blade is unloading his pistol, attacking with his sword, or using explosive spikes. Not to mention, there'd be Iron Man with his energy beams, The Thing with his strength, and, finally Ghost Rider with flames and vengeance. Against this onslaught, who COULD survive?

U should. Phoenix in the comics is immortal

TricksterPriest
The agents die, badly. This is like beating Shuma-Gorath in MVC2 using Wolverine and claiming the same in comics.

emporerpants
this is retarded....i beat thor with a killer whale in mugen, so does that make killers whales > thor?

wiccan999

My sister played Storm.

ahahaha laughing laughing
as if the comics and games are the same roll eyes (sarcastic)
this thread made me laugh though laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Jason Redfield
Well, this is assuming we're talking about the characters in the game :- /
Meaning, Phoenix wouldn't be immortal.

And you said the thread made you laugh... is that good or bad?

My point is, by the altered logic of a Marvel video game (as opposed to the comics), should we or should we not be able to kick Dark Phoenix's butt or what?

TricksterPriest
laughing It's usually a good thing. From the sound of it, you're new here, right? There's a big difference between characters in the game and in the actual comics. Go read the respect thread for Phoenix, you'll see what I mean. And if there isn't one, talk to Mr. Master.

TricksterPriest
laughing It's usually a good thing. From the sound of it, you're new here, right? There's a big difference between characters in the game and in the actual comics. Go read the respect thread for Phoenix, you'll see what I mean. And if there isn't one, talk to Mr. Master.

TricksterPriest

Endless Mike
There is one

Symmetric Chaos
Well, this is assuming we're talking about the characters in the game :- /
Meaning, Phoenix wouldn't be immortal.

And you said the thread made you laugh... is that good or bad?

My point is, by the altered logic of a Marvel video game (as opposed to the comics), should we or should we not be able to kick Dark Phoenix's butt or what?

Then you should have made this in the games vs forum erm

And no one you have on that team would be able to so much as phase DP.

Swanky-Tuna
Game-wise, sure, you can kill Dark Phoenix with a Blade and friends. If they let you. If you can do anything to Galactus I think the leeway is there to damage Dark Phoenix.

Jason Redfield
I understand Phoenix is powerful and all that, far more powerful than the Agents of Wong (as far as the comics go). But I was talking game-wise.

And yes, I'm new here. Technically, I've been singed up for months, but I'm rarely active on these forums. To be truthful, I don't really read comics much, therefore, I don't know much about the characters.

Phoenix is just one of those overpowered characters out there.

xjustice69x
im sure you could get 1/10 wins
thay always do some wierd thing to make sertain charictors harder then others.
like gladiator has to be attacked in a sertin sequence and only when hes not flying.
but thay can never truly duplicate there porwers or abilitys cuz then you would never be able to beat some one like galactus or DP.
so you keep restarting from your last save and eventualy win taking 1/10 or so
so with restarts from a save point yes the team can "win"
but if its a one try and your out thing the team is proly guna lose.

derrick666
bump

Tron
I understand Phoenix is powerful and all that, far more powerful than the Agents of Wong (as far as the comics go). But I was talking game-wise.

And yes, I'm new here. Technically, I've been singed up for months, but I'm rarely active on these forums. To be truthful, I don't really read comics much, therefore, I don't know much about the characters.

Phoenix is just one of those overpowered characters out there.

To be honest this is an unfair question in a way. It really doesn't matter what character you use, any character can beat Phoenix in a game (unless the creators make you require a strategy that involves fliers or levitation users or something like that). As great a game as Ultimate Alliance was, comic-wise most of those battles were really unplausible, so naturally characters were downplayed so that winning would be possible. So, to answer your question shortly, yes those characters can beat Dark Phoenix in game if they placed her in it, because her power would be seriously downgraded (like Galactus, Mephisto, and Doom with Odin's power).

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Tron
To be honest this is an unfair question in a way. It really doesn't matter what character you use, any character can beat Phoenix in a game (unless the creators make you require a strategy that involves fliers or levitation users or something like that). As great a game as Ultimate Alliance was, comic-wise most of those battles were really unplausible, so naturally characters were downplayed so that winning would be possible. So, to answer your question shortly, yes those characters can beat Dark Phoenix in game if they placed her in it, because her power would be seriously downgraded (like Galactus, Mephisto, and Doom with Odin's power).

well, the game did have thor, um...ghost rider...um...ironman? ms marvel, the fantastic four and cant remember. the fantastic for, plus the xmen plus thor could possibly take dp 1/10 with thor being the only survivor stick out tongue

Terryc250
Dark Phoenix > Galactus, you manage to would Galactus? DP will atomize you

Doctor-Alvis
After having actually played the game all the way through, you can smash through just about everything with Thor, Deadpool, Surfer, aaaand anyone else as the fourth. It's hard to be defeated when Surfer can stand there spamming a 67% heals all day. Dark Phoenix would be completely ineffective against Norrin's maxed out energy regeneration thanks to the +3 from Asgard's Blessing.

With your team, I'm sure Ghost Rider will help a lot since I read one or more of his debuffs work on bosses. I don't know, I didn't use him much.

Bouboumaster
You could put Galactus in your team, the odds would still be agasint you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.