KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dark Pheonix, eh? BRING IT ON!

Who'd Come Out On Top?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dark Pheonix 7 87.50%
Agents of Wong (Blade, Storm, Iceman, Iron Man) 1 12.50%
Agents of Wong and Co. (As In, We could only win with The Thing and Ghost Rider's help) 0 0%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dark Pheonix, eh? BRING IT ON!
Started by: Jason Redfield

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jason Redfield
The Vanguard

Dark Pheonix, eh? BRING IT ON!

Recently, my brother, my sister, and I finished Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on X-Box. It was a good game and all, and I especially liked the ending where you get to see how your actions affected the universe. Now, we didn't save Jean Grey, in favor of Nightcrawler. So apparently, she returns from Mephisto's realm to exact vengeance upon us as Dark Pheonix in the near future.

Here's the way I see it: We have no need to worry. We wounded Galactus, we easily could've owned Mephisto, kicked Loki's butt, and, finally, we beat Dr. Doom who was charged with the powers of Odin. If we can do all of that, what have we got to worry from "Dark Pheonix"?

I played most of the game as Blade.

My brother played as Iceman.

My sister played Storm.

Then, we had Iron Man tagging along as a bot.

These four characters made up the team known only as... "The Agents of Wong". (Don't ask)

So, who would win? Us, or Pheonix?

(Keep in mind, I'm talking about the characters that are used in-game. So this isn't the current Omega Iceman who can survive as vapor. It's modern, yet classic super heroes.)

If you insist on giving the battle to Pheonix, what if we add in The Thing and Ghost Rider to help my crew out?

Well, I'm biased. However, in my opinion, our superior numbers would simply be too much for Dark Pheonix. Storm could be raining down lighting on target, while Iceman is blasting her with a freeze beam, Blade is unloading his pistol, attacking with his sword, or using explosive spikes. Not to mention, there'd be Iron Man with his energy beams, The Thing with his strength, and, finally Ghost Rider with flames and vengeance. Against this onslaught, who COULD survive?

(Rhetorical question... don't reply with Galactus, or somethin' like that.)

Last edited by Jason Redfield on Apr 26th, 2007 at 09:29 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 09:27 PM
Jason Redfield is currently offline Click here to Send Jason Redfield a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Redfield Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Dark Pheonix, eh? BRING IT ON!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jason Redfield
Recently, my brother, my sister, and I finished Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on X-Box. It was a good game and all, and I especially liked the ending where you get to see how your actions affected the universe. Now, we didn't save Jean Grey, in favor of Nightcrawler. So apparently, she returns from Mephisto's realm to exact vengeance upon us as Dark Pheonix in the near future.

Here's the way I see it: We have no need to worry. We wounded Galactus, we easily could've owned Mephisto, kicked Loki's butt, and, finally, we beat Dr. Doom who was charged with the powers of Odin. If we can do all of that, what have we got to worry from "Dark Pheonix"?

My sister played Storm.

These four characters made up the team known only as... "The Agents of Wong". (Don't ask)

(Keep in mind, I'm talking about the characters that are used in-game. So this isn't the current Omega Iceman who can survive as vapor. It's modern, yet classic super heroes.)

If you insist on giving the battle to Pheonix, what if we add in The Thing and Ghost Rider to help my crew out?

Well, I'm biased. However, in my opinion, our superior numbers would simply be too much for Dark Pheonix. Storm could be raining down lighting on target, while Iceman is blasting her with a freeze beam, Blade is unloading his pistol, attacking with his sword, or using explosive spikes. Not to mention, there'd be Iron Man with his energy beams, The Thing with his strength, and, finally Ghost Rider with flames and vengeance. Against this onslaught, who COULD survive?

U should. Phoenix in the comics is immortal

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 10:30 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

The agents die, badly. This is like beating Shuma-Gorath in MVC2 using Wolverine and claiming the same in comics.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 10:33 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

this is retarded....i beat thor with a killer whale in mugen, so does that make killers whales > thor?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 11:33 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wiccan999
#@$%

Re: Dark Pheonix, eh? BRING IT ON!

My sister played Storm.

ahahaha laughing laughing
as if the comics and games are the same roll eyes (sarcastic)
this thread made me laugh though laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 12:29 AM
wiccan999 is currently offline Click here to Send wiccan999 a Private Message Find more posts by wiccan999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason Redfield
The Vanguard

Well, this is assuming we're talking about the characters in the game :- /
Meaning, Phoenix wouldn't be immortal.

And you said the thread made you laugh... is that good or bad?

My point is, by the altered logic of a Marvel video game (as opposed to the comics), should we or should we not be able to kick Dark Phoenix's butt or what?

Last edited by Jason Redfield on Apr 27th, 2007 at 12:43 AM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 12:38 AM
Jason Redfield is currently offline Click here to Send Jason Redfield a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Redfield Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

laughing It's usually a good thing. From the sound of it, you're new here, right? There's a big difference between characters in the game and in the actual comics. Go read the respect thread for Phoenix, you'll see what I mean. And if there isn't one, talk to Mr. Master.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 12:42 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

laughing It's usually a good thing. From the sound of it, you're new here, right? There's a big difference between characters in the game and in the actual comics. Go read the respect thread for Phoenix, you'll see what I mean. And if there isn't one, talk to Mr. Master.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 12:43 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 12:43 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

There is one

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 12:45 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Well, this is assuming we're talking about the characters in the game :- /
Meaning, Phoenix wouldn't be immortal.

And you said the thread made you laugh... is that good or bad?

My point is, by the altered logic of a Marvel video game (as opposed to the comics), should we or should we not be able to kick Dark Phoenix's butt or what?

Then you should have made this in the games vs forum erm

And no one you have on that team would be able to so much as phase DP.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 01:24 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Game-wise, sure, you can kill Dark Phoenix with a Blade and friends. If they let you. If you can do anything to Galactus I think the leeway is there to damage Dark Phoenix.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 01:32 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jason Redfield
The Vanguard

I understand Phoenix is powerful and all that, far more powerful than the Agents of Wong (as far as the comics go). But I was talking game-wise.

And yes, I'm new here. Technically, I've been singed up for months, but I'm rarely active on these forums. To be truthful, I don't really read comics much, therefore, I don't know much about the characters.

Phoenix is just one of those overpowered characters out there.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 02:01 AM
xjustice69x

im sure you could get 1/10 wins
thay always do some wierd thing to make sertain charictors harder then others.
like gladiator has to be attacked in a sertin sequence and only when hes not flying.
but thay can never truly duplicate there porwers or abilitys cuz then you would never be able to beat some one like galactus or DP.
so you keep restarting from your last save and eventualy win taking 1/10 or so
so with restarts from a save point yes the team can "win"
but if its a one try and your out thing the team is proly guna lose.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2007 03:07 AM
xjustice69x is currently offline Click here to Send xjustice69x a Private Message Find more posts by xjustice69x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
derrick666
Psionic

bump

Old Post Sep 24th, 2007 10:21 PM
derrick666 is currently offline Click here to Send derrick666 a Private Message Find more posts by derrick666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

I understand Phoenix is powerful and all that, far more powerful than the Agents of Wong (as far as the comics go). But I was talking game-wise.

And yes, I'm new here. Technically, I've been singed up for months, but I'm rarely active on these forums. To be truthful, I don't really read comics much, therefore, I don't know much about the characters.

Phoenix is just one of those overpowered characters out there.

To be honest this is an unfair question in a way. It really doesn't matter what character you use, any character can beat Phoenix in a game (unless the creators make you require a strategy that involves fliers or levitation users or something like that). As great a game as Ultimate Alliance was, comic-wise most of those battles were really unplausible, so naturally characters were downplayed so that winning would be possible. So, to answer your question shortly, yes those characters can beat Dark Phoenix in game if they placed her in it, because her power would be seriously downgraded (like Galactus, Mephisto, and Doom with Odin's power).

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 07:05 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

Originally posted by Tron
To be honest this is an unfair question in a way. It really doesn't matter what character you use, any character can beat Phoenix in a game (unless the creators make you require a strategy that involves fliers or levitation users or something like that). As great a game as Ultimate Alliance was, comic-wise most of those battles were really unplausible, so naturally characters were downplayed so that winning would be possible. So, to answer your question shortly, yes those characters can beat Dark Phoenix in game if they placed her in it, because her power would be seriously downgraded (like Galactus, Mephisto, and Doom with Odin's power).

well, the game did have thor, um...ghost rider...um...ironman? ms marvel, the fantastic four and cant remember. the fantastic for, plus the xmen plus thor could possibly take dp 1/10 with thor being the only survivor stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 07:45 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

Dark Phoenix > Galactus, you manage to would Galactus? DP will atomize you

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 07:58 AM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

After having actually played the game all the way through, you can smash through just about everything with Thor, Deadpool, Surfer, aaaand anyone else as the fourth. It's hard to be defeated when Surfer can stand there spamming a 67% heals all day. Dark Phoenix would be completely ineffective against Norrin's maxed out energy regeneration thanks to the +3 from Asgard's Blessing.

With your team, I'm sure Ghost Rider will help a lot since I read one or more of his debuffs work on bosses. I don't know, I didn't use him much.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 09:03 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

You could put Galactus in your team, the odds would still be agasint you

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 02:57 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote