"...and would you WANT to see?"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punkyhermy
"...If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets ?"

This is very interesting actually. Beneath the predictable and all too common pretext of mantras like "there is no scientific proof" of God's exsitence, lies I suspect, a strong conviction to NOT want to believe. Because a life lead without belief is admittedly on the surface a whole lot less restrictive.

Storm
No, sometimes a reasonably objective analysis of data leads to what one believes.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Punkyhermy

This is very interesting actually. Beneath the predictable and all too common pretext of mantras like "there is no scientific proof" of God's exsitence, lies I suspect, a strong conviction to NOT want to believe. Because a life lead without belief is admittedly on the surface a whole lot less restrictive.

I don't agree, in my care. I believe in many things that make Christian mythology seem to be silly. Therefore it is not a case of disbelief, but one of belief. However, I think that I am not unique. Most people who do not believe in Christianity do so because they believe other things that are not compatible with Christian mythology and or dogma.

Alliance

When "belief" actually means ignorance, as is all to common these days, anythign goes.

I beleive the sun is a big firefly!

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don't agree, in my care. I believe in many things that make Christian mythology seem to be silly. Therefore it is not a case of disbelief, but one of belief. However, I think that I am not unique. Most people who do not believe in Christianity do so because they believe other things that are not compatible with Christian mythology and or dogma.

belief doesn't necessarily have to be christian.

Shakyamunison
belief doesn't necessarily have to be christian.

True, however, my point still stands. If someone does not believe like you do, it is not necessarily because they disbelieve, but it is more likely because they believe contrary.

Bardock42
I often wonder what would happen if God was one of us, you know, just a stranger on the bus or something.

allofyousuckkk
MY life is very restricted and having god in it wouldn't change much, I work until midnight 5-6 days a week, wake up at 8 and babysit my 3 year old twin sisters. Then I go to work and repeat the cycle.

People who don't believe in god aren't less restricted. Being an atheist doesn't automatically make you a party-goer, drug addict or thief. It just makes you more open minded, in a sense.

allofyousuckkk
for the record, did I underants your first post correctly and give an answer, or did I read something wrong, bc I feel like I did.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Storm
No, sometimes a reasonably objective analysis of data leads to what one believes.

co-signed. Reason and belief don't always have to be at odds. Just usually.

wink

Devil King
Originally posted by Storm

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
I often wonder what would happen if God was one of us, you know, just a stranger on the bus or something.

Originally posted by Robtard
I do not know what made God, but what if God was one of us? Just a slob like one of us? Just a stranger on the bus? Trying to make his way home? Posted 8/4/06

Get your own material, @sshole.

Alliance
Originally posted by DigiMark007
co-signed. Reason and belief don't always have to be at odds. Just usually.

wink

I'd say there's actually a positive correlation between the number of people believing one thing, and the amount of fact supporting it.

Bardock42
Get your own material, @sshole.

Different thread. Whoever comes first....does something first. Not sure what. But something. I guess...to sum it up, screw you.

Originally posted by Alliance
I'd say there's actually a positive correlation between the number of people believing one thing, and the amount of fact supporting it. W-well...someone's an optimist ...

Robtard
I'd say there's actually a positive correlation between the number of people believing one thing, and the amount of fact supporting it.

Not in all cases... sadly, more people believe in some form of Creation or other as compared to Evolution, then again, how reliable are polls.

Robtard
Different thread. Whoever comes first....does something first. Not sure what. But something. I guess...to sum it up, screw you.

Jusy spread your cheeks and take it like a man.

Bardock42
Jusy spread your cheeks and take it like a man.

I think men usually don't "take it", maybe you mean women?

DigiMark007

I'd like to think you're right. It would be an interesting study to conduct, but one in which objectivity and credible accuracy would be nigh-impossible.

debbiejo

This is very interesting actually. Beneath the predictable and all too common pretext of mantras like "there is no scientific proof" of God's exsitence, lies I suspect, a strong conviction to NOT want to believe. Because a life lead without belief is admittedly on the surface a whole lot less restrictive. Jesus's works were taken from a different view. There are other views that state Heaven, Hell are internal, not eternal.

Bardock42
They could be internal and eternal.

Robtard
I think men usually don't "take it", maybe you mean women?

You're very peculiar for a "power-bottomer".

debbiejo
They could be internal and eternal. You just have to be different, don't you... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
Originally posted by debbiejo
You just have to be different, don't you... roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, no... Germans excel at conforming.

http://www.bnp.org.uk/images/newsarchive/nazis.jpg

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
You just have to be different, don't you... roll eyes (sarcastic)

I suppose I am in a world of people like you.

Imperial_Samura

I don't see anything really correct in that. If I had a reason to believe, if something was shown to me, then there would be no sense in me trying to maintain a strong conviction in non-belief since obviously there would be something to believe in.

Which is all I have ever asked for - proof, evidence. By all accounts God and gods once upon a time interacted with people, showed off miracles, all that jazz. People believed while seeing some degree of supposed visible evidence of God. Yet in modern times we are told "Faith and proof don't gell", "it defeats the point of faith if you have to be shown evidence" and then people say "there is evidence around us, take the Bible, take the things God has done for me" etc. All very mixed.

Well for me I need something more then "just have faith." And I question the comment that "on the surface" a life without belief is a whole lot less restrictive... do you have some proof to support that? Because my life doesn't seem "less restrictive" then some Christians. I am still a functional, happy, member of society.

debbiejo
I suppose I am in a world of people like you. Feel lucky! stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.