KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » "...and would you WANT to see?"

"...and would you WANT to see?"
Started by: Punkyhermy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Question "...and would you WANT to see?"

"...If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets ?"

This is very interesting actually. Beneath the predictable and all too common pretext of mantras like "there is no scientific proof" of God's exsitence, lies I suspect, a strong conviction to NOT want to believe. Because a life lead without belief is admittedly on the surface a whole lot less restrictive.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 06:46 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

No, sometimes a reasonably objective analysis of data leads to what one believes.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 06:51 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: "...and would you WANT to see?"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Punkyhermy

This is very interesting actually. Beneath the predictable and all too common pretext of mantras like "there is no scientific proof" of God's exsitence, lies I suspect, a strong conviction to NOT want to believe. Because a life lead without belief is admittedly on the surface a whole lot less restrictive.

I don't agree, in my care. I believe in many things that make Christian mythology seem to be silly. Therefore it is not a case of disbelief, but one of belief. However, I think that I am not unique. Most people who do not believe in Christianity do so because they believe other things that are not compatible with Christian mythology and or dogma.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 06:53 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

When "belief" actually means ignorance, as is all to common these days, anythign goes.

I beleive the sun is a big firefly!

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 07:00 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Re: Re: "...and would you WANT to see?"

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don't agree, in my care. I believe in many things that make Christian mythology seem to be silly. Therefore it is not a case of disbelief, but one of belief. However, I think that I am not unique. Most people who do not believe in Christianity do so because they believe other things that are not compatible with Christian mythology and or dogma.

belief doesn't necessarily have to be christian.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 07:00 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: Re: "...and would you WANT to see?"

belief doesn't necessarily have to be christian.

True, however, my point still stands. If someone does not believe like you do, it is not necessarily because they disbelieve, but it is more likely because they believe contrary.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 07:03 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I often wonder what would happen if God was one of us, you know, just a stranger on the bus or something.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 07:14 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

MY life is very restricted and having god in it wouldn't change much, I work until midnight 5-6 days a week, wake up at 8 and babysit my 3 year old twin sisters. Then I go to work and repeat the cycle.

People who don't believe in god aren't less restricted. Being an atheist doesn't automatically make you a party-goer, drug addict or thief. It just makes you more open minded, in a sense.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 07:47 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

for the record, did I underants your first post correctly and give an answer, or did I read something wrong, bc I feel like I did.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 07:48 PM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Storm
No, sometimes a reasonably objective analysis of data leads to what one believes.

co-signed. Reason and belief don't always have to be at odds. Just usually.

wink

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 08:14 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Storm

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 08:37 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bardock42
I often wonder what would happen if God was one of us, you know, just a stranger on the bus or something.

Originally posted by Robtard
I do not know what made God, but what if God was one of us? Just a slob like one of us? Just a stranger on the bus? Trying to make his way home? Posted 8/4/06

Get your own material, @sshole.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 09:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Originally posted by DigiMark007
co-signed. Reason and belief don't always have to be at odds. Just usually.

wink

I'd say there's actually a positive correlation between the number of people believing one thing, and the amount of fact supporting it.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 09:44 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Get your own material, @sshole.

Different thread. Whoever comes first....does something first. Not sure what. But something. I guess...to sum it up, screw you.

Originally posted by Alliance
I'd say there's actually a positive correlation between the number of people believing one thing, and the amount of fact supporting it.
W-well...someone's an optimist ...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 09:52 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not in all cases... sadly, more people believe in some form of Creation or other as compared to Evolution, then again, how reliable are polls.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 09:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Bardock42
Different thread. Whoever comes first....does something first. Not sure what. But something. I guess...to sum it up, screw you.

Jusy spread your cheeks and take it like a man.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 09:55 PM
Bardock42

Jusy spread your cheeks and take it like a man.

I think men usually don't "take it", maybe you mean women?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 10:05 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I'd like to think you're right. It would be an interesting study to conduct, but one in which objectivity and credible accuracy would be nigh-impossible.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 10:15 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Jesus's works were taken from a different view. There are other views that state Heaven, Hell are internal, not eternal.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 10:23 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

They could be internal and eternal.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2007 10:30 PM