German terror plot thwarted

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

inimalist
Woot!

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/w-eur/2007/sep/05/090504611.html

These guys plus a group in Denmark in the past week. Possibly something major planned for the aniversary of 9-11? I don't believe in coincidences with these people...

Schecter
well done

cant wait for dubya to take the credit.

Alfheim
edit

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by inimalist
Woot!

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/w-eur/2007/sep/05/090504611.html

These guys plus a group in Denmark in the past week. Possibly something major planned for the aniversary of 9-11? I don't believe in coincidences with these people...

Well people dying is only a by product of terrorism, not the main aim.

The main aim is to, as the name says, terrorize people, make them scared.
In that retrospect, terrorists are winning 100%. Everyone is scared, and the levels of security is critical, maximum security in the airports its getting stupid...

Personally, I believe terrorism is the new means of warfare (as opposed to going in a field for a battle - who survives wins).

Robtard
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

In that retrospect, terrorists are winning 100%. Everyone is scared, and the levels of security is critical, maximum security in the airports its getting stupid...

Personally, I believe terrorism is the new means of warfare (as opposed to going in a field for a battle - who survives wins).

I'm fairly certain dead people is a major aim... what's more terror inducing, threats and foiled attempts of mass deaths or a mass dead bodies?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm fairly certain dead people is a major aim... what's more terror inducing, threats and foiled attempts of mass deaths or a mass dead bodies?

Fear is more terror inducing. In order to induce fear, blowing things up is the way.

Terrorism is a tool of achieving a higher goals - political, social, economic...etc.

Schecter
i think she means that killing people is the means, not the end.

Bardock42
See, that's why Germany is better. The US government actually stages an attack and kills its own people to get their unanimous support. We just say it could have happened...efficient.

Robtard
Fear is more terror inducing. In order to induce fear, blowing things up is the way.

Terrorism is a tool of achieving a higher goals - political, social, economic...etc.

I agree, I just think dead bodies is an aim to achieve those goals, not a byproduct.

Schecter
Originally posted by Bardock42
See, that's why Germany is better. The US government actually stages an attack and kills its own people to get their unanimous support. We just say it could have happened...efficient.

you forgot the part where they smear poop all over themselves.

Robtard
Originally posted by Schecter
i think she means that killing people is the means, not the end.

In that case I agree... I read it as "they don't want to kill people, it just happens during the attacks". i.e. "byproduct", as she stated.

inimalist
I agree that terrorism is a tool

But I think the goals of radical Islamists is a little more than "lets make them scared". For instance, Zawahiri, the Al Qaeda #2, calls for the reclamation of Spain and other lands.

Ya, they have made us scared, and that is certainly a victory for them, but thats not where it ends for them imho. In some ways I would say this is more "asymmetrical warfare" rather than just "terrorism" (the former being war waged by a far inferior power against a greater, the latter being "lets make them scared"wink.

But ya, maximum security airports and police with submachine guns on street corners in NY is something that I am sure doesn't make them sad...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Schecter
you forgot the part where they smear poop all over themselves.

Everyone's got to have a hobby. Your people's is failing world geography tests I hear.

Alfheim
I agree that terrorism is a tool

But I think the goals of radical Islamists is a little more than "lets make them scared". For instance, Zawahiri, the Al Qaeda #2, calls for the reclamation of Spain and other lands.

Its funny how muslims talking about reclaming land....I dunno lets ask some Arab Pagans....oh yeah there arent any.

WrathfulDwarf
Now why would Terrorist attack Germany? They didn't invade Iraq....not only are these terrorist stupid...but also clueless. They confuse Germans with Americans....how stoopid.

inimalist
Originally posted by Alfheim
Its funny how muslims talking about reclaming land....I dunno lets ask some Arab Pagans....oh yeah there arent any.

laughing laughing

It is kinda funny. When I saw the video where he called for Spain to be reclaimed I lol'd for REALS

But ya, like most religions, their God gave them the right to that land, so **** them pagans, they should be so lucky as to be allowed to live with God's people

Robtard

They exist, they're just to scared to admit it. I'm sure there's some Iraqi who really couldn't give a shit about religion, he'd rather watch t.v. and drink a beer instead of praying when the bell rings.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Robtard
They exist, they're just to scared to admit it. I'm sure there's some Iraqi who really couldn't give a shit about religion, he'd rather watch t.v. and drink a beer instead of praying when the bell rings.

Well yeah but im really just talking about how alot of muslim countries were previously not muslim until they were conquered. I think there are some countries that converted due to trade but as far as I know Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Iraq were conquered.

Pandemoniac
They got me scared all right. It's not just the fanatic inhabitants of certain countries anymore, the craze has been picked up all over the globe by all sorts of lunatics that may not even have a reason to support the jihad.
I'm actually surprised that this wave of terrorism hasn't claimed more mass destruction in 'the west' after the London attack.
Even with everything on full alert, it's also at times just luck that prevents terrorist attacks. Sooner or later it is going to happen again.

dadudemon
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Now why would Terrorist attack Germany? They didn't invade Iraq....not only are these terrorist stupid...but also clueless. They confuse Germans with Americans....how stoopid.

That is a large hub for American forces...that is why they tried to attack it...

P.S. He forgot the "M" in his name because he is a minimalist. (You know who I'm talking about, guys.)

inimalist
Originally posted by dadudemon

P.S. He forgot the "M" in his name because he is a minimalist. (You know who I'm talking about, guys.)

I didn't forget anything

but yes

it was even better when I joined and had spelled it "inamilist". Boy that made me feel smart

Bardock42
I didn't forget anything

but yes

it was even better when I joined and had spelled it "inamilist". Boy that made me feel smart Holy shit. I never noticed.

dadudemon
I didn't forget anything

but yes

it was even better when I joined and had spelled it "inamilist". Boy that made me feel smart

I know you didn't forget...I guess I should have worded it differently...that wasn't my point, though...I was just showing everyone that you "forgot" the "M" because you are a minimalist (only fitting that a minimalist would leave out the "M" if they truly were a minimalist.)...I didn't think people got your name and I kept forgetting to throw it out there randomly until just today.

ADarksideJedi
Saw that on the fox news at work yesterday.Pretty bad.Inleast they stop them before they did another 911.But I thought t hey would be smarter then that.
Everyone w ould expect something to happen on t hat date.It should be more of a time we do not relise it.Anyway justice wins again!jm

botankus
Jackie, you need to first concentrate on your space bar, and then maybe move on to thwarting terror plots. stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Saw that on the fox news at work yesterday.Pretty bad.Inleast they stop them before they did another 911.But I thought t hey would be smarter then that.
Everyone w ould expect something to happen on t hat date.It should be more of a time we do not relise it.Anyway justice wins again!jm

German investigations are better than your, nanana ermm

inimalist
I know you didn't forget...I guess I should have worded it differently...that wasn't my point, though...I was just showing everyone that you "forgot" the "M" because you are a minimalist (only fitting that a minimalist would leave out the "M" if they truly were a minimalist.)...I didn't think people got your name and I kept forgetting to throw it out there randomly until just today.

the m is decadent

EDIT: Happy ****ing birthday to ME!!!!!!

Bardock42
German investigations are better than your, nanana ermm

cry

I hate typos.

dadudemon
cry

I hate typos.

I like typos especially typo negative...very compatible...teehee. stick out tongue

Bardock42
I like typos especially typo negative...very compatible...teehee. stick out tongue

Hi-larious.

Bicnarok
Odd that this Terror plot was Foiled and now the German governments attempts to pass law enabling the police to hack and spy into peoples computers is back on the tracks.

Smells a bit fishy to me.

I was in the military and if I was going to blow some poeple up, I could do it and no one would know any better until it happened. Its odd that these "Terror plots" like the ones in the UK are foiled before they happen.

Either the "terrorists" are as thick as a scooby doo sandwich or the police are using some psychic to find these people before they can act.

Alfheim

Ha I did that joke already..not on this forum though.

dadudemon
Hi-larious.

LOL...I didn't think my post was funny until I read your above reply...for someone reason..your reply makes it funny.

Originally posted by Bicnarok
Odd that this Terror plot was Foiled and now the German governments attempts to pass law enabling the police to hack and spy into peoples computers is back on the tracks.

Smells a bit fishy to me.

I was in the military and if I was going to blow some poeple up, I could do it and no one would know any better until it happened. Its odd that these "Terror plots" like the ones in the UK are foiled before they happen.

Either the "terrorists" are as thick as a scooby doo sandwich or the police are using some psychic to find these people before they can act.

That brings up a good point. I have NEVER been trained to make a terrorist attack like they have, yet, I guarantee that IF I ever set out to execute a plan like that, I would be 100% successful. It should be known that I would NEVER EVER do something like that...it is just that I would succeed with no problems. Either these guys are just plain stupid or there is something else, as you put it, behind these supposed terror plots.

Ha I did that joke already..not on this forum though.

Well...I am a big 'ol smart ass and I am prone to those types of comments... confused

Bicnarok

tabby999
Not when you just simplify it like that, relying on a load of assumptions.
"Ok, i walk into the white house on a tourist walk with a loaded .45, i assume the Secret Service is badly paid and inefficient, so they're not gonna check me, then i walk into the oval office and shoot the president in the face. It isn't difficult."
Just because you saw Fight Club dosn't mean you know the ins and outs of terrorisim

lord xyz

Personally, I believe terrorism is the new means of warfare (as opposed to going in a field for a battle - who survives wins). You're right. If we show them we're scared, they win.

tabby999
Quick, everbody puff out their chest and look tough, they might leave us alone

lord xyz
LOL...I didn't think my post was funny until I read your above reply...for someone reason..your reply makes it funny. Is this like some kind of STI, but with talking and typos, not sex and warts?

Originally posted by tabby999
Quick, everbody puff out their chest and look tough, they might leave us alone lol

Fishy

inimalist

dadudemon
Originally posted by lord xyz
Is this like some kind of STI, but with talking and typos, not sex and warts?

I type faster than you can think...mistakes are bound to happen. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.