Video File Compression..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_Bean
I took a good video of TON at the concert and I'd like to post it on YouTube but it's too large of a file. YouTube only accepts video files 100mb and under and mine is 193mb. Can anyone help me? I don't know how to compress the video to make it fit for YouTube but I'd also like to keep as much quality as I can.

This video does have audio too.

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
I took a good video of TON at the concert and I'd like to post it on YouTube but it's too large of a file. YouTube only accepts video files 100mb and under and mine is 193mb. Can anyone help me? I don't know how to compress the video to make it fit for YouTube but I'd also like to keep as much quality as I can.

This video does have audio too. Have a really fat person sit on it stick out tongue

What is the video size? If it is larger than 320x240 then scaling it down to that should do it and it also depends on the codex that you are using for your video, they have different compression built in.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Da Pittman
Have a really fat person sit on it stick out tongue

What is the video size? If it is larger than 320x240 then scaling it down to that should do it and it also depends on the codex that you are using for your video, they have different compression built in.
Ooooh! Hm..yeah it's 640x480. Maybe sizing that down would possibly be all I need to do?????

edit: It's 5 minutes and 32 seconds long.

Da Pittman
Ooooh! Hm..yeah it's 640x480. Maybe sizing that down would possibly be all I need to do?????

edit: It's 5 minutes and 32 seconds long. Bringing down the display size will drop the file size quite a bit.

Kelly_Bean
Well how do I do that? I've looked on google but I haven't found any help yet.

Da Pittman
Well how do I do that? I've looked on google but I haven't found any help yet. You will need a video editing program or compression program such as Director, there might be some free ones out but I don't know any off hand.

Kelly_Bean
Damn, I guess I'll have to keep looking around. stick out tongue

Thanks! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.