KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Video File Compression..

Video File Compression..
Started by: Kelly_Bean

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Worried Video File Compression..

I took a good video of TON at the concert and I'd like to post it on YouTube but it's too large of a file. YouTube only accepts video files 100mb and under and mine is 193mb. Can anyone help me? I don't know how to compress the video to make it fit for YouTube but I'd also like to keep as much quality as I can.

This video does have audio too.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 02:57 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
I took a good video of TON at the concert and I'd like to post it on YouTube but it's too large of a file. YouTube only accepts video files 100mb and under and mine is 193mb. Can anyone help me? I don't know how to compress the video to make it fit for YouTube but I'd also like to keep as much quality as I can.

This video does have audio too.
Have a really fat person sit on it stick out tongue

What is the video size? If it is larger than 320x240 then scaling it down to that should do it and it also depends on the codex that you are using for your video, they have different compression built in.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 03:35 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by Da Pittman
Have a really fat person sit on it stick out tongue

What is the video size? If it is larger than 320x240 then scaling it down to that should do it and it also depends on the codex that you are using for your video, they have different compression built in.

Ooooh! Hm..yeah it's 640x480. Maybe sizing that down would possibly be all I need to do?????

edit: It's 5 minutes and 32 seconds long.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 03:38 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Ooooh! Hm..yeah it's 640x480. Maybe sizing that down would possibly be all I need to do?????

edit: It's 5 minutes and 32 seconds long.
Bringing down the display size will drop the file size quite a bit.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 04:42 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Well how do I do that? I've looked on google but I haven't found any help yet.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 04:49 PM
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Well how do I do that? I've looked on google but I haven't found any help yet.
You will need a video editing program or compression program such as Director, there might be some free ones out but I don't know any off hand.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 05:01 PM
Kelly_Bean

Damn, I guess I'll have to keep looking around. stick out tongue

Thanks! smile

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 05:08 PM