If Superman Flexed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
If Superman flexed his muscles to the point that he became nearly invulnerable, would he be able to withstand a hail of adamantium bullets being fired upon him, and moving 3 times the speed of sound? Would he be ripped apart or would he be able to resist?

Raoul
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
If Superman flexed his muscles to the point that he became nearly invulnerable, would he be able to withstand a hail of adamantium bullets being fired upon him, and moving 3 times the speed of sound? Would he be ripped apart or would he be able to resist?

iirc, superman's muscles can't actually be flexed, they are as they are...

ragesRemorse
no way dude, superman is always flexin the shit out of his muscles in the comic books.

and, well, no a barrage of adamantium bullets wouldn't tear supermans flesh off, but it would probably annoy the shit out of him

Raoul
iirc, back in the mid 90s he lost his powers (superman blue and red, etc), he had to work out to stay in shape as clark, and it seemed like a brand new experience to him...

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Raoul
iirc, back in the mid 90s he lost his powers (superman blue and red, etc), he had to work out to stay in shape as clark, and it seemed like a brand new experience to him... Really? I guess that explains how Superman Prime went from being a skinny twerp to being a big musclehead. mmm

Anyway, going at said speed and being made of adamantium, I think they might kill him.

carnage52
superman eats adamantium for breakfast.

K-Dog
Three times the speed of sounc isn't going to hurt him. There are bullets that go that fast. Would adamantium going 10 feet per second hurt any of us? (unless it hit us in the eye or in the balls)

Magee
This doesnt even make sense. They would just be normal bullets moving a bit faster and made out of an unbreakable substance, they would just bounce off of him.

Placidity
lol. Do you guys even know what "flex" mean? I think topic starter meant to say "tense".

marwash22
Originally posted by Placidity
lol. Do you guys even know what "flex" mean? I think topic starter meant to say "tense". yeah, i think the topic creator was asking if Supes could control his bodies density.

Yes he can. Im pretty sure the material the bullet is made of is irrelevant. except for of course kryptonite.

Magee
Originally posted by Placidity
lol. Do you guys even know what "flex" mean? I think topic starter meant to say "tense". It doesn't matter what he was trying to say. The only difference adamantium bullets would have is they might not lose there shape as they bounced off him.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Magee
This doesnt even make sense. They would just be normal bullets moving a bit faster and made out of an unbreakable substance, they would just bounce off of him.

Agree. The very "adamantium bullet" thing is the biggest PIS in comics, the killing properties of firearms depend not on bullets (they by itself don't hurt anyone, being just a piece of metal- not sharp, mind you, it's impossible to cut anything with bullet, and adamantium doesn't magically cut anything if it's forged into non-cutting thing), but on gun itself. Shooting adamantium bullets from regular gun (like it's done in comics) does nothing except from bullets not deforming- in reality.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by marwash22
yeah, i think the topic creator was asking if Supes could control his bodies density.

Yes he can. Im pretty sure the material the bullet is made of is irrelevant. except for of course kryptonite.

Or maybe some magic substance like the one they used on Black Adam

Redwolf
Superman has gone up against Admantium cutting beams before in the DC Universe, it had no effect on him.

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/3579/supesadamantium9tw.jpg

roughrider
Originally posted by Redwolf
Superman has gone up against Admantium cutting beams before in the DC Universe, it had no effect on him.

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/3579/supesadamantium9tw.jpg

Non canon.
I would say sharpened adamantium is capable of harming him, but it depends on the strength of the person using it. Wolverine hitting him with his claws would probably just annoy him. Someone like Thor or Wonder Woman hits him with an adamantium lance, now we're talking some damage.

Redwolf
Originally posted by roughrider
Non canon.
I would say sharpened adamantium is capable of harming him, but it depends on the strength of the person using it. Wolverine hitting him with his claws would probably just annoy him. Someone like Thor or Wonder Woman hits him with an adamantium lance, now we're talking some damage.

I'll have to disagree, I can see Admantium cutting Superman if it were magical. Or if Superman had been in battle for a long time with a foe equal to his own power (Doomsday fight) and he begins to "wear out" then yes. Not if his powered up.

roughrider
Originally posted by Redwolf
I'll have to disagree, I can see Admantium cutting Superman if it were magical. Or if Superman had been in battle for a long time with a foe equal to his own power (Doomsday fight) and he begins to "wear out" then yes. Not if his powered up.

Hard to say. Superman's durability - in the sense of penetrating his skin - is comparable to the Silver Surfer's. And I don't think adamantium can penetrate the Surfer's skin under any circumstance. But I'm willing to go along with your argument that he might have to be at lower ebb, to get around his bio-field.

Magee
Admantium is the hardest or second material in Marvel universe. That also makes no difference when it comes to cutting power and especially against Superman. It just means it will not break under heavy stress well in the real world that is. So where as a normal sword would just break the adamantium would not. Give Hulk an adamantium sword and he still won't be cutting Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.