KMC Challenge: Create an Amalgam to Defeat Silver Surfer!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Your task: Create an amalgam (combining any powers of characters of the low-herald tier or lower) using 10 points or less to defeat the Silver Surfer.

Amalgams get 1 hour to get acclimated to their powers.

Point values: (refer to the tiers thread for guidance)

Low-herald (Cap): 4
High-Meta: 3
Mid and Low-Meta: 2
Street-level: 1

When you create your amalgam, please list the point values for the characters you draft and briefly explain why your amalgam can defeat Silver Surfer.

The Silver Surfer awaits your challenge!

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/118703-74496-silver-surfer_super.jpg

fangirl101
Vandal Savage, A GL Ring, And some time.

Starscream M
Originally posted by fangirl101
Vandal Savage, A GL Ring, And some time.

1. A GL ring is not a character

2. you didn't list point values for your characters.

3. you get 1 hour...doubt Savage can master a ring's power that fast.

Enyalus
Deadpool (2 pts), Ultron (4), and Emma Frost (4)...though honestly I still don't see them beating him.

carver9
*Spiderman: spider sense (steet leveler)
*Mimic: He already come with a package of wolverine, beast, northstar (can fly at 98000 mps), cyclops, colossus (mid-low meta)
*Invisible woman (high meta)
*Black bolt (low herald)

The reason I picked spiderman powers is due to his spider sense and agility. Surfer would be hard pressed to hit this character.

Then the has mimic existing powers which allows him to move at 98000 mps with spiderman and cyclops powers along with colossus durability. Even though he is durable wolverine healing factor would also be there to aid him. Then he has invisible womans forcefield that has held off hulk and gladiator and some of the most powerful beings in the universe attacks.

To trump it off he has black bolt amazing scream along with the ability to create black holes, shoot matter destroying blasts, etc....

I think that this character could get a majority over surfer.

Hope I did this right.

DigiMark007
Black Bolt is mid herald. Not allowed.

Wolverine + Flash

shifty

More seriously, something like He-Man + Northstar would be viable. Not sure who would compliment them though.

fangirl101
Absorbing Man, Lightray, and Multiple Man.
4+4+2

Absorbing man can touch surfer and copy the galactic Glaze and the powers it grants. Lightray is fast enough and durable enough to do get the tag in. And he's got energy manipulation powers that are right up there with the mid and high herald levelers. Multiple man just ensures that they own surfer with multiple copies of themselves.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Starscream M
Your task: Create an amalgam (combining any powers of characters of the low-herald tier or lower) using 10 points or less to defeat the Silver Surfer.

Amalgams get 1 hour to get acclimated to their powers.

Point values: (refer to the tiers thread for guidance)

Low-herald (Cap): 4
High-Meta: 3
Mid and Low-Meta: 2
Street-level: 1

When you create your amalgam, please list the point values for the characters you draft and briefly explain why your amalgam can defeat Silver Surfer.

The Silver Surfer awaits your challenge!

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/118703-74496-silver-surfer_super.jpg

Ms. Marvel(Carol) *Body*= 2pts
Absorbing Man *Powers*= 4pts
Dr. Doom *Mind*= 4 pts

carver9
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Wolverine + Flash

shifty

More seriously, something like He-Man + Northstar would be viable. Not sure who would compliment them though.

Digi, can I make a thread with wolverine+flash if you dont mind? They actually made a amalgam of him but I forgot about him.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by carver9
Digi, can I make a thread with wolverine+flash if you dont mind? They actually made a amalgam of him but I forgot about him.

It's a public forum, so sure. But I'd caution against it personally. Threads like that will only end badly.

Starscream M
Absorbing Man, Lightray, and Multiple Man.
4+4+2

nice one

darthgoober

Wolverine + Flash

shifty

You could just do a He-Man/Skeletor combo too and not bother with the other two points.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by darthgoober
You could just do a He-Man/Skeletor combo too and not bother with the other two points.

...too obvious.

wink

Doom sprang to mind as well, but I was trying to be more creative. Doom's got a winning record against Surfer I think just in 1-on-1, so he's a great pick for this.

Starscream M
Doom's got a winning record against Surfer I think just in 1-on-1 hows that possible without some form of PIS or massive prep (which isn't available)

also, Im surprised heman is a low herald...I thought he'd be higher considering I remember people saying he could beat Thor or Superman potentially

darthgoober
hows that possible without some form of PIS or massive prep (which isn't available)

also, Im surprised heman is a low herald...I thought he'd be higher considering I remember people saying he could beat Thor or Superman potentially
Nah He Man's Low Herald at best. He could take Supes or Thor in an arm wrestling match or a tug of war, but that's pretty much it(though he could make a fight out of it against Thor).

Bouboumaster

darthgoober
Might as well post the best(and most obvious) one of all...

Madison Jeffries= 4 pts
Dr. Doom= 4 pts
Forge= 2 pts

Name= Technomancer

DigiMark007
hows that possible without some form of PIS or massive prep (which isn't available)

Doom's magical powers are surprising.

And He-Man's lack of flight hurts him. He's also got a lot more low showings than you'd expect from someone at his level.

fangirl101
Darwin
Sage
Magneto

Soljer
Depowered Lucifer and classic fodder GL.

That willpower combined with a Lantern ring (of the twenty four hour variety) = stomp in favor of Lucy.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Soljer
Depowered Lucifer and classic fodder GL.

That willpower combined with a Lantern ring (of the twenty four hour variety) = stomp in favor of Lucy.
Parallax with one ring.

Soljer
Parallax with one ring.

"low-herald tier or lower"

Of which Parallax is not.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Soljer
"low-herald tier or lower"

Of which Parallax is not.
You missed the point. I was saying that Lucifer with one Ring is Parallax.

psycho gundam
Might as well post the best(and most obvious) one of all...

Madison Jeffries= 4 pts
Dr. Doom= 4 pts
Forge= 2 pts

Name= Technomancer shit, that would do the trick. but to imo improve on it, i would swap forge for multiple man.

forge can make the impossible possible but with doom and madison's minds, tech is pretty much covered. though with the addition of the ability to create endless copies of oneself armed with the same technology obviously designed to steal surfer's power... total stomp.

darthgoober
Originally posted by psycho gundam
shit, that would do the trick. but to imo improve on it, i would swap forge for multiple man.

forge can make the impossible possible but with doom and madison's minds, tech is pretty much covered. though with the addition of the ability to create endless copies of oneself armed with the same technology obviously designed to steal surfer's power... total stomp.
Ah but with my amalgam dupes are still entirely possible in the form of Forge improved Doombots that are created on the spot with MJ's powers.

AlmightyKfish
Ghost Rider (Current)
Nova (Current)
Doom

Less offensive power than Surfer, but smarter and is not getting put down for very long at all thanks to GR's insane healing/immortality.

Bentley
Doom is way too easy.

Angela Spica 4
Dr. Doom 2 (mind)

CS syphon harness ftw.

Endrict Nuul
Doctor Doom 4pts
Thor (Ultimate) or Magneto 4pts
Midnighter 2pts

Endrict Nuul

Fail...

Soljer

Ohh, I see.

Fair enough, carry on. stick out tongue.

psycho gundam
Ah but with my amalgam dupes are still entirely possible in the form of Forge improved Doombots that are created on the spot with MJ's powers. i see. but in the 24 hour time period, creating/modifying large amounts of doombots would be more efficient with more copies of doom/jeffries himself, and the addition of more doom/jeffries' also reinforces his chances of victory. maddison's power can put strain on him after using it too much in a short amount of time, but with independently active dupes with their own staminas greatly maximizes his power to create.

golem370
Invisibile Woman 2

Classic Juggernaut 5

Madrox 2

Shadow Cat 1

psycho gundam
^ not a great idea ading jaime to juggs.

juggernaut already was "halved" when he tried to share his power with black tom cassidy, since his energies are mystical, more than one recipient of them divides it evenly amongst them. ten dupes would all get beaten down by ben grimm.

Battlehammer
colossus + silver samuria + ogun plus cyber.

golem370
Maestro 7

Madrox 3

or

Classic Juggernaut 5

&

Cannonball 4

psycho gundam
^ kenoichio's presumed tachyon blade can't penetrate adamantium, let alone norrin's cosmic glaze. sorry.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
colossus + silver samuria + ogun plus cyber. would lose to Silver Surfer

Hewhoknowsall
Squirrel Girl is a street level, right?

I win.

Or, can I use extra points to get prep?

Enyalus
Godslaught:

Cable (4), Magneto (4), and Deadpool (2).

Cable + Deadpool = God-Cable.

God-Cable + Magneto = Amped version of 1st form Onslaught.

Strong enough to toss Juggernaut across the US and bypass his invulnerability to tear out Cytorrak's gem, with psionic power enough to make Phoenix look like a child...And then simultaneously beat the X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four. And God-Cable >> Xavier, so this version will be even more powerful than that was. Not only that, but Godslaught makes the astral plane his b*tch, and the Power Cosmic comes from the astral plane. It's conceivable that he could either block Surfer's access to his power, or simply absorb the Power Cosmic for himself. And I'm pretty sure that Godslaught wielding Surfer-level Power Cosmic would make Galactus piss himself.

Doomtonian:

Dr. Doom (4), Sinestro Corps Ring (4), Batman (1), and Black Panther (1).

So, Doom gets the SC ring and has all of Batman's knowledge and skills, plus T'Challa's knowledge and skills. Here's what would happen, since Doom is an evil genius who makes the most of what he has, with Batman's knowledge of the ring:

Dr. Doom changes his DNA to Kryptonian with the ring and builds himself a solar suit. He orders the ring's auto-shielding to emit yellow sun radiation and is thus basically running around as a Kryptonian with a permanant sunamp in a sunsuit that channels and harnesses it with shielding powerful enough to stop any kind of red sunlight or K-night radiation the Surfer would give off - plus the H2H skills of Batman and Black Panther - meaning any kind of armbar the Doomtonian decides to use against Surfer this time is going to have the power of a sunamped Supes backing it. They get one hour to adjust to their powers, so he'll have probably been sunamping with the ring for about half an hour before they fight, and obviously is only going to get stronger and faster as the battle goes on. Not that it will. Both Batman and T'Challa are 12th level fighters who are backed by Doom and Bruce's minds, a ring to scan for any weaknesses or openings, and a sundipped Supes power. If Surfer uses anything exotic, like phasing - Doom still has his knowledge of sorcery.

Either one of these two amalgams should beat Norrin 10/10. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.