Movie Character Hierarchy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
Hi all, I've been thinking for a while that KMC Movie versus Forums needs its own Movie Character Tier list. Much like how the comic book section has its own hierarchy.

The relevant rules I have copied directly from the Comic Book Version.

I have changed the Class titles to make it more relevant to movies, because comic book classes such as "Sub-skyfather" wouldn't really make much sense in the movie section.

Obviously, there will be many changes needed, aswell as addition of characters that are not in the list, but I suggest we do discuss it one character at a time to make it easier.

As a guide, characters in each class cannot be better/more powerful than these guide/standard characters

Omega

High
Dark Phoenix

Mid
Hancock

Low
Yoda

Herald

High

Mid
Abomination

Low
Obi Wan Kenobi

Superhuman

High
Megatron

Mid
Iron Man

Low
Storm

Metahuman

High
Michael Corvin

Mid
Spiderman

Low
Beast

Street Level

High

Agent 47

Mid

The Punisher

Low
Two-Face (Jones,

------------------------------------

Rules:
1. Any changes made, please try to bold them to point them out to others.
2. Alphabetize the list as needed.
3. Discussion should take place before a change, and at least 2-3 others (who are relatively "unbiased" and not huge fans of a particular character) should agree with you before an official change takes place.
4. I can't update the Master List every day. Be patient, and don't whine to me about changes that need edited in.
5. If you can't get support for a proposed change, let it drop once you've made your case.
6. Have fun and enjoy. This list obviously isn't perfect, but it will end up being one of the better indicators of power anywhere by the time it's refined and added to.

Notes:
1. This list is based off of total "power" in all its forms. Individual matchups might mean that someone in a lower tier could beat someone in a higher tier, but we're basing the list on general power levels, not individual matchups.
2. PIS should not be considered. CIS may be considered depending on the character, but will be dealt with on an individual basis.

3. Different incarnations of a character may be entered as different entries.

. . .

The List

Omega

High
Superman, Dark Phoenix

Mid
Silver Surfer, Hancock

Low
Darth Vader, The Mask, Freddy Krueger, Luke Skywalker, Mace Windu, Palpatine, Professor X, Yoda

Herald

High

Mid
Abomination, Doctor Doom, Hulk (Norton), Hulk (Bana), Magneto,

Low
Obi Wan Kenobi

Superhuman

High
Megatron, Sandman

Mid
Blackout, Clover, Ghost Rider, Godzilla, Human Torch, Iron Man, Syndrome, Starscream, Optimus Prime

Low
Storm, T-X, T-1000, Eragon (with Saphira), Power Rangers (With Zords), Ringwraiths, Witch King

Metahuman

High

Dracula, Dracula's Brides, Jack-Jack, Lestat, Michael Corvin, Marcus Corvinus, Reed Richards, Scorpion, Selene, Susan Storm,

Mid
Blade, Boba Fett, Cyclops, Colossus, Dash Parr, Doctor Octopus, Frozone, Green Goblin, Hellboy, Iceman, Jason Voorhees, King Kong, Mister Incredible, Missus Incredible/Elastigirl, New Goblin, Nightcrawler, Predator, Pyro, The Shadow, The Thing, T101, Sabretooth, Spiderman, SubZero, Venom, Viktor, William Corvinus, Wolverine, Van Helsing (Werewolf Form), Violet Parr,

Low
Alien, Alice, Bane, Beast, Bullseye, Daredevil, Elektra, Legolas, Mr Freeze, Mystique, Toad, V

Street Level

High

Agent 47, Batman (Clooney), Batman (Bale), Batman (Kilmer), Batman (Keaton), Jason Bourne, James Bond (Craig), Lara Croft, Leonidas, Maximus, The Bride, The Transporter, Van Helsing,

Mid

Catwoman, Leon, Poison Ivy, Sarah Connor, Robin, The Punisher, The Joker, Zorro,

Low
Hannibal Lecter, The Penguin, Two-Face (Jones), Two-Face (Eckhart), The Riddler,

Placidity
Delete.

jaden101
Originally posted by Placidity
Delete.

yeah..that'd probably be best

Placidity
I only meant that specific double post lol.

jaden101
i know...i'm only messing with ya

Grand-Moff-Gav
God from such films as "Bruce Almighty", "The Ten Commandments" and other such things...tops the list surely?

Darth Martin
Great idea, I was going to make this myself actually but you beat me to it. I'll add some.

Darth Martin

Impediment
While I do see this as an intriguing idea, I, personally, make a point to stay far, far away from the CB Vs Forum. What, exactly, will this do for the MVF, Placidity?

Darth Martin
It will help people realize one's power range compared to other characters.

Impediment
True, but that is an established set in the realm of comic books. How can we accurately range movie characters?

Darth Martin
Judging by the feats they perform in their movies we can place them in areas that show Superman far away from Wolverine but just ahead of Hancock. If people review it should get most on the same page as of the characters power ranges and should stop pointless matches.

Impediment
Sounds......plausible. Okay. I'm game.

Final Blaxican
This won' t work I feel, it could but it probably won't imo.

At one point we'll get to a certain two characters, and the thread will devolve into people arguing about those two.

edit- I say give it a chance, though.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Impediment
I'm game. confused

Impediment
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
This won' t work I feel, it could but it probably won't imo.

At one point we'll get to a certain two characters, and the thread will devolve into people arguing about those two.

edit- I say give it a chance, though.

True, but we can be optimistic and hope for the best.

That, and if anyone causes shit, I'll quickly smite them.

Impediment
Originally posted by Darth Martin
confused

That means I agree to the premise. dur

Darth Martin
That means I agree to the premise. dur

wink

That, and if anyone causes shit, I'll quickly smite them. thumb up

Darth Martin
It'd also be nice if this became a "Note" thread so that it never gets lost.

Placidity
Okay, Martin we're meant to do it one at a time, but its ok, I agree with most of it.

But first character I want to discuss is that Tomb Raider should join Street Level High class. I mean she has some very inhuman skills. E.g hitting a small coin-size target with a blade from at least 20m away. And the rest, everyone knows lol.

Darth Martin
Agreed and I somehow forgot John McClane.

Lethal Rogue

Final Blaxican
Movie Legolas was much better than movie Aragorn. What's Aragorn's greatest movie feat, killing Lurtz and defeating the Nine? Legolas took out a freakin' Mumuk.

Lethal Rogue
what the hell is a Mumuk? and aragorn took on a troll single-handedly in rotk! Take the bow and arrow away from legolas and give him is swords, aragorn would pwn. same with hand to hand.

Final Blaxican
He was losing to that troll dude.

Mumukil are the big elephants.

And a bow is Legolas' weapon of choice, so what's your point? Give both of them bows and Legolas would own him as well.

Darth Martin
Legolas>Aragorn w/o bow and just swords.

Lethal Rogue
Legolas>Aragorn w/o bow and just swords.
that's BS.

Final Blaxican
I don't think Legolas could take Aragorn with just swords. He did nothing impressive with a sword.

Lethal Rogue
The true show of their strength would be hand to hand. I think that the winner would be Aragorn.

Wei Phoenix

That, and if anyone causes shit, I'll quickly smite them.

Smite me all mighty smiter of smiting!

*Knocks over a glass of milk*

Yeah I'm starting shit...you wanna do the man dance? The first dance is yours.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Lethal Rogue
The true show of their strength would be hand to hand. I think that the winner would be Aragorn.

That's not, in any way, a "true showing of their strength".

Rogue Jedi
Why not just have a top ten list? "Your personal top ten movie badasses of all time?" Much simpler.

Darth Martin
Good idea, but this stays.

Lethal Rogue
That's not, in any way, a "true showing of their strength".
why not? neither of them have an advantage. i.e: legolas has long range.
And it shows how strong they are.

Impediment
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Smite me all mighty smiter of smiting!

*Knocks over a glass of milk*

Yeah I'm starting shit...you wanna do the man dance? The first dance is yours.

Ever dance with a devil in the pale moonlight?

Impediment
It'd also be nice if this became a "Note" thread so that it never gets lost.

Does anyone else agree?

Robtard
I'm confused how Abomination is ranked as 'mid', while Obi Wan with his force abilities and light saber, which could cut Abominations to pieces, is ranked 'low'. It'd be like the black knight fight in MP & The Holy Grail.

Edit: Basically, I'm asking if the standards are logical to begin with?

Lethal Rogue
also, superman is better than hancock...

Darth Martin
also, superman is better than hancock... My post shows it.

Ahsoka Tano
I think this thread is shit and should be closed.

As I already see, no one will agree with the hierarchy that was originally made.

I would hope this is closed before it gets out of hand. This isn't the comic forum, thank god.

Placidity
Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano

As I already see, no one will agree with the hierarchy that was originally made.

Read much?

Obviously, there will be many changes needed, aswell as addition of characters that are not in the list, but I suggest we do discuss it one character at a time to make it easier.

------------------------------------

Rules:
1. Any changes made, please try to bold them to point them out to others.

3. Discussion should take place before a change, and at least 2-3 others (who are relatively "unbiased" and not huge fans of a particular character) should agree with you before an official change takes place.

6. Have fun and enjoy. This list obviously isn't perfect, but it will end up being one of the better indicators of power anywhere by the time it's refined and added to.

. . .

Ahsoka Tano
Read much?

Yes I did, and I still say it's shit. Of course this is just "my opinion".

I can have one, amirite?

Placidity
Yes I did, and I still say it's shit. Of course this is just "my opinion".

I can have one, amirite?

Of course you can, if you don't mind sounding like a jerk.

Ahsoka Tano
Of course you can, if you don't mind sounding like a jerk.

That's right, you made this thread. haermm

Final Blaxican
why not? neither of them have an advantage. i.e: legolas has long range.
And it shows how strong they are.

Yeah they will, Aragorn has had actual training with in close combat, so of course he has an automatic advantage, that's bad logic, no offense.

That's like saying in a Hulk vs. Obi-Wan fight that Obi-Wan shouldn't be allowed to use the force or his lightsaber because it gives him an unfair advantage. erm

Wei Phoenix
Ever dance with a devil in the pale moonlight?

That's it, I've had it. I'm tired of these MF'n Impediments on my MF'n computer screen!

Impediment
I think this thread is shit and should be closed.

I would hope this is closed before it gets out of hand. This isn't the comic forum, thank god.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/Noimage.jpg

I lol'd when I found this pic.

Impediment
*edit*

Lethal Rogue
My post shows it.
Ok.

ThunderGodEneru
I'm sorry...

But what in the movies that you saw indicate that Obi-Wan Kenobi is more powerful than Clover? no expression

Darth Martin
Whose list are you looking at?

Lethal Rogue
Yeah they will, Aragorn has had actual training with in close combat, so of course he has an automatic advantage, that's bad logic, no offense.

That's like saying in a Hulk vs. Obi-Wan fight that Obi-Wan shouldn't be allowed to use the force or his lightsaber because it gives him an unfair advantage. erm
Does the Hulk have weapons? no. I just said they can't use weapons. In this case above, that means obi wan can use the force.

Placidity
No, its standard weapons and equipment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.