PWMT- Round 1 (Shaman X-Man vs. Kid Omega)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
CIS - Enabled.
PIS - Disabled.

Match is set, 9/11 Ground Zero of Twin Tower World Trade Center at the opposite ends of each other.

Rules and Questions refer to this link.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t507422.html

Kris Blaze
Kid Omega.

Super smart.

End.

Survivor19
Nate BFRs him to the orbit. And throws him onto sun.
The end.

Charmander
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Kid Omega.

Super smart.

End.

Survivor19
He's super stupid.
He has no intelligence feats. )

Tenebrous
I've got to say, as a native New Yorker, your choice of environment setting being the site of a real life calamity is in poor taste.

thumb down

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Survivor19
He's super stupid.
He has no intelligence feats. )

I'd say Emma Frost and Xavier admitting that they could not even compare to him, speaks volumes. He also created the technology that keeps Martha, a living brain, alive. Not only does it keep her alive, it keeps her powers intact.

id369

Survivor19
Seriously?

And here i thought, it was John freaking Sublime who created that technology in the first place...

Kid Omega didn't have any proven tactical prowess, and acted as a retard in general. Nate stomps him. Also, telekinesis via green tentacles <<<<<<<< Grey's visual effects.

Kris Blaze
Oh wait, I'm sorry.

I didn't know this was another "NATE GREY R TEH STRONUZT IN DA UNIVERZE!" thread.

Kris Blaze
Oh wait, I'm sorry.

I didn't know this was another "NATE GREY R TEH STRONUZT IN DA UNIVERZE!" thread.

Okay, that came off a bit more hostile than I planned.

My point was that you make a lot of threads solely to defend X-man....

Charlotte DeBel
In fact, you're both wrong. The only big thing about Shaman upgrade IMO was the experience boost.
Supersmart is not always=tactical genius, "lab rat" smarts are useless in the fight. And Quentin has as "much" combat experience as any other X-student of his age.

And Kris, you're wrong about Martha's container thing, it's Sublime tech, the real intelligence feat for Quentin would be reverse-engineering Magneto helmet.
If you take pre-Shaman Nate vs Quentin, then I probably'll bet my money on Quentin. Shaman Nate wins more times than vise versa...due to experience boost.

Also, I propose an addition to the rules. TP-only fights, no other powers used. Otherwise the brackets are the huge mess and the outcome of the fights sometimes has nothing to do with pure TP prowess. Also, stipulations on incarnations of Rachel Summers, Psylocke and probably Moondragon are more than velcome.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
And Kris, you're wrong about Martha's container thing, it's Sublime tech, the real intelligence feat for Quentin would be reverse-engineering Magneto helmet.

I am going by what Xavier said.

She did appear in the thing before Quentin had even had any lines in the series, but Xavier credited him for it apparently D:

starlock
Shaman Xman for the win....and i would take Pre-shaman Nate also..

Were talking about a character who is willing to burn himself out to win, a character who has learned to think better...not bigger..... a character who was trained to use more than his mind powers to win...they have stripped him of his TP at times..and his TK at times...and he still has been able to surprise others and think outside the box.

kid omega needs some spotlight..and some real gut wrenching feats.if we went by what Xavier or even others have said...we might put Nate as Dark Phoenix level..and there are so many descriptions of his power level..and even so...i would not use such as evidence

Kris Blaze
Quentin invented the "anti gravity floats" that lets Martha fly apparently.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/NewX-Men134-Page19.jpg

Originally posted by starlock
kid omega needs some spotlight..and some real gut wrenching feats.if we went by what Xavier or even others have said...we might put Nate as Dark Phoenix level..and there are so many descriptions of his power level..and even so...i would not use such as evidence

You too misunderstand the Dark Phoenix and Nate Grey comparison? Both being too strong for Moira's machine to measure doesn't exactly put them on the same level, but Xavier and Emma admitting that Quire is smarter and more intelligent than them DOES mean that he is more intelligent/smarter.

But don't get me wront buddy, I'm not saying he's suddenly "battle smart" though processing thousands of thoughts a second? That's gotta help.

starlock

You too misunderstand the Dark Phoenix and Nate Grey comparison? Both being too strong for Moira's machine to measure doesn't exactly put them on the same level, but Xavier and Emma admitting that Quire is smarter and more intelligent than them DOES mean that he is more intelligent/smarter.

But don't get me wront buddy, I'm not saying he's suddenly "battle smart" though processing thousands of thoughts a second? That's gotta help.

I gotcha....i just wish...certain characters who get labeled as such...would get some solo time...to strutt thier stuff wink

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by starlock
I gotcha....i just wish...certain characters who get labeled as such...would get some solo time...to strutt thier stuff wink

Yeah, Nate Grey got an entire series of his own. Quentin got nothing sad

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Scans/NewX-Men_135_08_Hgwells.jpg

Million brilliant thoughts a second.

starlock
Morrisons X-men...unreadable to me.....ughhh....but i get your point.

leonheartmm
nate duh. the dude cudnt bring his dead gf back to life without the phoenix, nate practically gave life to the entire planet against the aliens who were siphoning it.

Kris Blaze
How can you not like Grant's X-men? VASTLY superior to the shit they're spewing these days.

Originally posted by leonheartmm
nate duh. the dude cudnt bring his dead gf back to life without the phoenix, nate practically gave life to the entire planet against the aliens who were siphoning it.

BUUUUUULL SHIIIIIIIT

He divided up his own life force, not even REMOTELY comparable to resurrecting someone.

leonheartmm
the aliens were SIPHONING the essense of the planet's life, nate combined with it and let his POWER FLOW WITHING EVERY ORGANISM ON EARTH.

omega got nothing on nate.

Kris Blaze
the aliens were SIPHONING the essense of the planet's life, nate combined with it and let his POWER FLOW WITHING EVERY ORGANISM ON EARTH.

Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with resurrecting someone who's already dead. He simply tainted them with his other-universal power, and it killed him. Heroic death, of absolutely no relevance when compared to Quentin's inability to resurrect Sophie.

id369

starlock
How can you not like Grant's X-men? VASTLY superior to the shit they're spewing these days.

BUUUUUULL SHIIIIIIIT

He divided up his own life force, not even REMOTELY comparable to resurrecting someone.

Poop is Poop....even if its vastly superior Poop wink

I dont like his work... i absolutley loved his run on Animal Man..that was a great read!....but i have never read anything else from him that i liked...especially his recent Batman and final crisis....pure garbage sick

Kris Blaze

leonheartmm
Which has absolutely NOTHING to do with resurrecting someone who's already dead. He simply tainted them with his other-universal power, and it killed him. Heroic death, of absolutely no relevance when compared to Quentin's inability to resurrect Sophie.

ofcourse it is, he replaced stolen life.

Kris Blaze
ofcourse it is, he replaced stolen life.

....what?

We have no idea how much the alien had siphoned off of the earth's population, nor did it seem like anyone outside that small town was affected. Nor did anyone die.

leonheartmm
^the alien race went on different planets, harvested them completely of life, then moved on to new planets, no1 outside the town was AWARE of the siphoning, NOTHING shows that the world outside the town was specifically unaffected and everything the harvested says states otherwise, the on panel description states that nate's power flows in EVERY BEING ON THE PLANET, which wudnt be necessary if they had not already been drained of a great part of their life force. nate stopped him before it cud kill any1

id369
I believe the Harvester was hot linked to the life force of the entire planet. Later on its confirmed by Beast, that Nate effectively died saving the Earth from the Harvester.

Anyhow the significance of that moment, was dispersing his and the aliens essence (raw energy ATM), onto every cell of every living organism on Earth.

Charlotte DeBel

In fact, Quentin thinking faster than regular telepath (proven in the series) is the only thing that helps him in the way of improving TP resistance. Having higher IQ than two gifted humans in terms of average intelligence (neither Ems nor Xavier are Reed Richards-tier in that) doesn't qualify. IQ level and skill level are different, and having higher IQ than a couple of "smart humans" (cause that's how I qualify Ems and Xavier in terms of intelligence) means shit in the battle. If that were so, Reed Richards would have been a peer to Cyclops in tactical prowess. Which definitely isn't fact.

His thought processes are superluminal but he isn't trained to use it in MNesque fashion so all that it gives is higher resistance (harder to aim at). Though there's always TK option... Quentin had TK for what? three issues and didn't do much with it.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by id369
I believe the Harvester was hot linked to the life force of the entire planet. Later on its confirmed by Beast, that Nate effectively died saving the Earth from the Harvester.

Anyhow the significance of that moment, was dispersing his and the aliens essence (raw energy ATM), onto every cell of every living organism on Earth.

What do you think I've been saying here?

Nate tainted every human being on earth with a part of his life force. For some reason, Leo thinks it's even remotely comparable to resurrecting someone. It's a great feat, but it's got nothing to do with bringing back the dead. It's like saying "Joe couldn't even lift a big stone, but Jimmy could shoot a hole through a wall with his lasers"

His thought processes are superluminal but he isn't trained to use it in MNesque fashion so all that it gives is higher resistance (harder to aim at). Though there's always TK option... Quentin had TK for what? three issues and didn't do much with it.

He froze the entire mansion and reconstructed a decomposed corpse. His appearances were limited.

Charlotte DeBel
Restructurising a corpse (NOT animating it truly) vs bringing TWO actual sentient beings alive (Maddie and AOA Gwen Stasy). Make your bets.
Nate's feats have way better range, to begin with. Though pre-Shaman incarnation can manage to lose...

leonheartmm
^ofcourse, its completely ridiculous to beleive that replacing part of the stolen life force of EVERY being on the planet is obviously not compareably to completely replacing the life force of ONE being on the planet.

Charlotte DeBel
And that wasn't even a replacing of life force (what Quentin did by himself) but making a corpse from sceleton. Basics of molecular-level TK.

Kris Blaze
Restructurising a corpse (NOT animating it truly) vs bringing TWO actual sentient beings alive (Maddie and AOA Gwen Stasy). Make your bets.
Nate's feats have way better range, to begin with. Though pre-Shaman incarnation can manage to lose...

I don't recall him reviving them.

And that wasn't even a replacing of life force (what Quentin did by himself) but making a corpse from sceleton. Basics of molecular-level TK.

He didn't replace anything, he imparted some of his OWN life force into them. He tainted them. And it KILLED HIM.

^ofcourse, its completely ridiculous to beleive that replacing part of the stolen life force of EVERY being on the planet is obviously not compareably to completely replacing the life force of ONE being on the planet.

It's a far cry from basic telekinesis, you can try long and hard to find someone who's capable of doing that easily.

id369
@Khris - Nate does have a comparable feat. He resurrected Maddie, and AoA Gween Stacy. Note sure, if this fight would be determined by bringing the dead into battle.

But from what I understand, all Nate has to do is think of a person to pull thier psi essence from the astral plane, and it will take form from the psionic shell.

Vary broken ability, often neglected. But meh.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by id369
@Khris - Nate does have a comparable feat. He resurrected Maddie, and AoA Gween Stacy. Note sure, if this fight would be determined by bringing the dead into battle.

Yes, those are similar feats. Trying to bring someone back and doing it.

The feat from his "battle" with the Harvest however is something completely different.

Charlotte DeBel
In that tier, I say "basic on molecular level". Everyone in that stated tier who has TK can apply it on molecular level.

It's not moving stuff around, but it's a "required for pass" minimum at that tier.

id369
I believe Nate blasted, Hybrid down to atoms. A significant feat, since Hybrid is a powerful psi that gave the X-Men trouble.

marcssands14
bump

"Id"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.