Neron vs. Asmodel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Asmodel before he lost his powers. He really didn't do anything in reign in hell.

Prep-Man
Neron has already beat him, IIRC.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Neron has already beat him, IIRC. When did he beat him?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by quanchi112
When did he beat him?

Look in the Respect Thread for Neron. I think it was Unleashed storyline.

quanchi112
Look in the Respect Thread for Neron. I think it was Unleashed storyline. Are you sure?

I didn't think Asmodel had any appearances outside of the Reign in Hell, paradise lost, jla appearances, and the day of vengeance arcs. Are you sure it was Asmodel?

Prep-Man
not entirely sure which storyline, but breezing over the thread, I'm sure I saw Neron defeat Azmodel.

quanchi112
not entirely sure which storyline, but breezing over the thread, I'm sure I saw Neron defeat Azmodel. He tricked him, but I don't think they ever had it out when he had his angelic powers. When asmodel later became the archfiend he couldn't challenge Neron as he was the will of hell.

I think if he had his angelic powers he'd beat him though.

Added. You are confusing when he was the archfiend in hell. Neron tossed him around but at that point he was less powerful than Neron definitely and basically he was his general.

They never fought before, really. This thread is about Asmodel vs. Neron wit his angelic powers not as the archfiend.

Prep-Man
He tricked him, but I don't think they ever had it out when he had his angelic powers. When asmodel later became the archfiend he couldn't challenge Neron as he was the will of hell.

I think if he had his angelic powers he'd beat him though.

I can't see the scans right now, but Desaad states that Neron tortures Asmodel.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-491966-neron-lord-of-hell-respect-thread.html

quanchi112
I can't see the scans right now, but Desaad states that Neron tortures Asmodel.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-491966-neron-lord-of-hell-respect-thread.html This all happened after the presence took his powers away and he was condemned to hell.

Prep-Man
Asmodel was still powerful and was still owned. The second time. I don' think there is anything Asmodel would do to Neron. Unless you can think of something.

quanchi112
Asmodel was still powerful and was still owned. The second time. I don' think there is anything Asmodel would do to Neron. Unless you can think of something. Asmodel was owned when his powers were stripped. That isn't that impressive.

Neron set him up for failure. He knew storming the gates of heaven wouldn't get them anywhere with the Presence. Asmodel damned himself and Neron took great pleasure in torturing him after he lost his powers.

Asmodel with his powers directly confronting Neron is a completely different matter altogether.

Prep-Man
Asmodel was owned when his powers were stripped. That isn't that impressive.

Neron set him up for failure. He knew storming the gates of heaven wouldn't get them anywhere with the Presence. Asmodel damned himself and Neron took great pleasure in torturing him after he lost his powers.

Asmodel with his powers directly confronting Neron is a completely different matter altogether.

i don't think he was stripped in one of those instances, because he was shown to use powers. what can asmodel do to Neron?

quanchi112
i don't think he was stripped in one of those instances, because he was shown to use powers. what can asmodel do to Neron? Yes, he was. That was after the paradise lost arc. The next scan was later when he was in hell under Neron's service as the archfiend. He didn't have his angelic powers for long. Neron couldn't hang with the leader of the bull host of the pax dei.

The scouring light of heaven can only be withstood by the purest of souls. Neron goes down against this attack.

Prep-Man
Yes, he was. That was after the paradise lost arc. The next scan was later when he was in hell under Neron's service as the archfiend. He didn't have his angelic powers for long. Neron couldn't hang with the leader of the bull host of the pax dei.

The scouring light of heaven can only be withstood by the purest of souls. Neron goes down against this attack.

Neron has withstood attacks from some of the most powerful beings of DCU and still came out. What makes you think the light attack will work?

Asmodel wasn't able to effect Neron, even with his powers.

quanchi112
Neron has withstood attacks from some of the most powerful beings of DCU and still came out. What makes you think the light attack will work?

Asmodel wasn't able to effect Neron, even with his powers. What aren't you getting about the fact they never fought when he had his angelic powers.

Because only the purest souls can resist it.

Prep-Man
I'm pretty sure he did. I'll give it a look myself, but Asmodel still had much of his power and still didn't do squat.

quanchi112
I'm pretty sure he did. I'll give it a look myself, but Asmodel still had much of his power and still didn't do squat. I read it all. he didn't. He was stripped of his powers and then Neron made his true intentions clear.

Asmodel still got out of hell through Etrigan and the Spectre's aid.

Prep-Man
If Neron could hurt the Spectre, I'm pretty sure he can Asmodel. I'll give it a look.

quanchi112
If Neron could hurt the Spectre, I'm pretty sure he can Asmodel. I'll give it a look. Black Adam also damaged the Spectre but that doesn't mean he can beat Asmodel.

Asmodel's attack beats him.

Juntai
If Neron could hurt the Spectre, I'm pretty sure he can Asmodel. I'll give it a look. Spectre > Neron.
Neron just made a deal with the Spectre itself, that he'd give it a host that couldn't control it like Corrigan could.
It was made pretty evident in Day of Judgement, that Spectre was more powerful than both Azmodel and Neron, since they were both pretty much begging for the power, and Hal dealt with both of them once he earned it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
Spectre > Neron.
Neron just made a deal with the Spectre itself, that he'd give it a host that couldn't control it like Corrigan could.
It was made pretty evident in Day of Judgement, that Spectre was more powerful than both Azmodel and Neron, since they were both pretty much begging for the power, and Hal dealt with both of them once he earned it. yes, that arc definitely made it clear that the Spectre is much more powerful than either.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Juntai
Spectre > Neron.
It was made pretty evident in Day of Judgement, that Spectre was more powerful than both Azmodel and Neron, since they were both pretty much begging for the power, and Hal dealt with both of them once he earned it.

Overall, i'd agree with you, but there have been others who have effected Spectre. He can be hurt. Who do you think wins here?

quanchi112
Overall, i'd agree with you, but there have been others who have effected Spectre. He can be hurt. Who do you think wins here? Straight up the Spectre destroys Neron. Neron is definitely more clever than the Spectre or his host, but straight up powerwise Spectre annihilates him.

Prep-Man
Straight up the Spectre destroys Neron. Neron is definitely more clever than the Spectre or his host, but straight up powerwise Spectre annihilates him.

That's why I said I agreed with him!!

quanchi112
That's why I said I agreed with him!! How does Neron get past the attack I have mentioned? This ain't no regular angel either. This was the leader of the most militant faction of the pax dei.

Prep-Man
And Neron isn't just a regular Devil. I think Neron is more powerful and wins in the end. He just has more feats under his name.

Juntai
Overall, i'd agree with you, but there have been others who have effected Spectre. He can be hurt. Who do you think wins here? He can be affected, damaged, sometimes outsmarted.. in the end it only slows him down. But when you live forever, wha's a bit of time? But pure power? Well ..

"Even the Presence itself must fear it." - Azmodel.

quanchi112
And Neron isn't just a regular Devil. I think Neron is more powerful and wins in the end. He just has more feats under his name. He does have plenty more feats, but Asmodel was never ever truly defeated with his powers intact. he was sent away and his flesh suit was destroyed by Zauriel.

His attack defeats Neron.

Prep-Man
Agree to disagree. Asmodel doesn't have anything to back up that claim, though. Neron 7/10. IMO

quanchi112
Agree to disagree. Asmodel doesn't have anything to back up that claim, though. Neron 7/10. IMO I tend to think this attack would annihilate him. Good thing for Superman he's pure.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/JLA7pg17.jpg

Prep-Man
Neron is pure. Don't let his evil actions fool you. big grin

quanchi112
Neron is pure. Don't let his evil actions fool you. big grin LOL.

I really like both Neron and love Asmodel. Asmodel I wish was used more. I should write to dc and tell them we need more Asmodel back with his angelic powers.

Prep-Man
Zauriel in his TRUE form seemed sky father or close. Zauriel cleansed the burning earth with one hand. Angels are no joke.

quanchi112
Zauriel in his TRUE form seemed sky father or close. Zauriel cleansed the burning earth with one hand. Angels are no joke. I like that dc goes into angels. I loved the arc with Cronus when he attacked heaven with the godwave sickle.

Prep-Man
Well, it was said that Asmodel's heart beat is that of a thousand hiroshimas! that's power.

quanchi112
Well, it was said that Asmodel's heart beat is that of a thousand hiroshimas! that's power. yeah and his blood is the universal solvent or something like that. We need more Asmodel.

Prep-Man
do you think Asmodel could take Thanos?

quanchi112
do you think Asmodel could take Thanos? Let's not get crazy here.

Prep-Man
yeah, i don't see thanos survivng, too.

quanchi112
yeah, i don't see thanos survivng, too. Thanos would beat him.

Prep-Man
Maybe if he was stripped, but even then it's against Thanos.

D-Block
Thanos would beat him.

What if he used the flame light attack that you said would put Neron down?

And I don't see how Neron would survive that attack either.

quanchi112
Maybe if he was stripped, but even then it's against Thanos. I don't see it really taking out Thanos. Thanos is well above top tier. Asmodel is powerful but the guy couldn't go the distance with Odin like Thanos did preupgrade.

Originally posted by D-Block
What if he used the flame light attack that you said would put Neron down?

And I don't see how Neron would survive that attack either. Thanos isn't pure evil like Neron. He's outside chaos and order as well. He's quite a unique being and I think he could definitely tank it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.