Superman and The Silver Surfer switch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Superman must live and protect the Marvel Universe for the next 10 years without getting killed in order to get back to his own universe....

Silver Surfer must live and Protect Dc Earth for the next 10 years without getting killed in order to get back to his own universe......

How do they do? Pretty much, Supes has to hold SS"s place down till he can gets back and SS has to do the same for Supes till he can get back........What happens? Can they do it?

Superman is not tied to Galactus..... He just must help protect the Marvel Universe as best as he can when duty calls...Supes will spend more tme in space like Surfer does when he was in the Marvel Universe and Surfer will spend more time on DC Earth like Superman did when he lived in the DC Universe...

Superman has his own current powers.....He and Surfer or even Galactus are not tied to eachother at all, just that supes helps to protect the Marvel universe as he roams the universe much like SS did......

dmills
Silver Surfer does just fine. Supes would have a hard time filling the Surfer's gig. Marvel cosmic characters traverse the universe either through wormholes or through hyperspace. Can Supes do that?

-Pr-
Originally posted by dmills
Silver Surfer does just fine. Supes would have a hard time filling the Surfer's gig. Marvel cosmic characters traverse the universe either through wormholes or through hyperspace. Can Supes do that?

he can fly at multiples of the speed of light with ease, and has done so before. getting around won't be his biggest problem. galactus wanting a replacement for norrin and eyeing clark is, assuming that's not covered in the op's remarks about galactus. if it is, then i dunno...

superman is a lot more used to being a protector than norrin is, so that would count for something, i guess.

i dunno how either man would do.

Omega Vision
Silver Surfer would fail hard at maintaining Superman's reputation and he'd fail hard at pleasing Lois but otherwise he'd do Superman's role fine. Superman would be a good substitute for SS but don't ask him to perform some of SS's more esoteric duties like shifting suns and closing blackholes.

xJLxKing
SS would have a hard time against DS, Heck he'd lose.

I don't see how much harder SS' job is

Omega Vision
Hmm I can just see DS explaining how Superman's jobber aura had weakened him for many years and now that he's gone he's at full power again. stick out tongue
SS doesn't really have much to do that isn't somehow related (even recursively) to Galactus.

dmills
Many times light speed won't cut it in the MU if you're filling in for the SS. Cosmic characters like SS and Nova can get from galaxy to galaxy in minutes if need be. It's standard requirement.

boriquaking55
SS would struggle since he's teh opposite of Supes, rather than a jobber aura he himself jobs a lot. Thus he would get wrecked.

Supes would struggle since he's not as versatile as SS, and would get wrecked by some of the cosmic threats in Marvel.

SS would have an easier time if written right, but when has he ever been?

carver9
This topic is retarded. Just think about all the enemies that surfer fight on a daily basis. Now think of all the enemies Supes fight on a daily basis; it should be plain and clear on who would fail and who would succeed.

King Kandy
SS doesn't even "protect" that much, most of his villains are just a bunch of assholes who won't leave him alone, and he chooses to get wrapped up in them. Superman could breeze through it.

SS could probably beat Superman's villains as well. He really has no weaknesses while Superman has many.

gogogadgetgo
when superman gets back to dc universe, he'd find that most of his villains are dead as the surfer has no qualms in killing villains..

Master Court
Silver Surfer gets offended pretty easily. One minute he's trying to be friends, but hit him once and he's all business. Surfer won't hold back. He'll pwn a majority of Superman's enemies with relative ease. Except for Darkseid. He'll take some work. But if Supes can do it, there's no reason Surfer can't.

Surfer doesn't exactly have a set cast of enemies. Sure, the odd recurring villain here and there, but he mainly seems to deal with sh*t wherever he finds it. Superman already tackled that kind of hero work in his early years before he got swamped with super villains. So, basically, Superman could consider it a vacation.

They both do just fine.

james2099
Originally posted by -Pr-
he can fly at multiples of the speed of light with ease, and has done so before. getting around won't be his biggest problem. galactus wanting a replacement for norrin and eyeing clark is, assuming that's not covered in the op's remarks about galactus. if it is, then i dunno...

superman is a lot more used to being a protector than norrin is, so that would count for something, i guess.

i dunno how either man would do. No he cannot fly anywhere near as fast as surfer. Surfer would last a long time fighting supes enemies, he would go down in the end though. Superman would not last the first hour trying to protect the Marvel Universe.

Blanket
Surfer ends all threats everywhere while Superman dies... right off the bat.

james2099
Originally posted by carver9
This topic is retarded. Just think about all the enemies that surfer fight on a daily basis. Now think of all the enemies Supes fight on a daily basis; it should be plain and clear on who would fail and who would succeed. I agree 100%. It is amazing this thing is not closed.

-Pr-
Originally posted by james2099
No he cannot fly anywhere near as fast as surfer. Surfer would last a long time fighting supes enemies, he would go down in the end though. Superman would not last the first hour trying to protect the Marvel Universe.

he flies fast enough.

james2099
he flies fast enough. He is fast, but nowhere near what people think he can do. Superman has never in his life flown twice the speed of light, not current supes.. pre-crisis, yes.

Kris Blaze
They both rise to the challenge.

Superman needs to go a lil faster than 2x lightspeed if he wants to traverse the distances Surfer does.

-Pr-
He is fast, but nowhere near what people think he can do. Superman has never in his life flown twice the speed of light, not current supes.. pre-crisis, yes.

didnt read countdown? or justice league elite? or president lex? cos he did it in those.

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
They both rise to the challenge.

Superman needs to go a lil faster than 2x lightspeed if he wants to traverse the distances Surfer does.

which he can do with his eyes closed.

Blanket
didnt read countdown? or justice league elite? or president lex? cos he did it in those.

which he can do with his eyes closed. After we get the calculator out...

-Pr-
Originally posted by Blanket
After we get the calculator out...

you don't even need a calculator. just a basic understanding of the distance and how fast the speed of light is.

james2099

which he can do with his eyes closed. Boomtubes. I challenge anyone on KMC to show me a scan of superman moving at those speeds.

Kris Blaze
you don't even need a calculator. just a basic understanding of the distance and how fast the speed of light is.

How fast is it Paul?

james2099
you don't even need a calculator. just a basic understanding of the distance and how fast the speed of light is. If that were the case, then 90% of the characters that can fly can claim lightspeed.

Blanket
you don't even need a calculator. just a basic understanding of the distance and how fast the speed of light is. Oh?

kgkg
Ahh gotta love these lightspeed arguments.

-Pr-
Boomtubes. I challenge anyone on KMC to show me a scan of superman moving at those speeds.

you'd have to prove he used a boomtube in each instance. if you can't, then the logical conclusion is that he went under his own power.

How fast is it Paul?

186,000 miles per second.

If that were the case, then 90% of the characters that can fly can claim lightspeed.

and superman would still be faster than 90% of them.

Oh?

yup. lets say you know that a light year is

then, you see someone travel 25 light years in a matter of minutes.

logical conclusion? much faster than light.

Blanket

logical conclusion? much faster than light. Oh?

This makes my case for Iron Man being like 16 times the speed of light even sweeter.

BTW, you do realize that the calculon remark is on the same ship as your logic, don't you?

-Pr-
Oh?

This makes my case for Iron Man being like 16 times the speed of light even sweeter.

if it does, then it does.

james2099
Oh?

This makes my case for Iron Man being like 16 times the speed of light even sweeter. laughing . Or rogue being 50 times the speed of light. laughing

Kris Blaze

Prove it.

-Pr-
Prove it.

i don't have to. someone else already did.

http://www.physlink.com/Education/askExperts/ae22.cfm

Kris Blaze
i don't have to. someone else already did.

http://www.physlink.com/Education/askExperts/ae22.cfm

This site looks suspicious.

-Pr-
This site looks suspicious.

well i'd go and get my spaceship out of the garage and go test it, but unfortunately it's in for repairs, and they gave me a crappy loaner for the time being.

it's not my fault SOME people can't accept what's on panel. maybe they could borrow said spaceship... mmm

Kris Blaze
well i'd go and get my spaceship out of the garage and go test it, but unfortunately it's in for repairs, and they gave me a crappy loaner for the time being.

it's not my fault SOME people can't accept what's on panel. maybe they could borrow said spaceship... mmm

Sounds to me like you're making up a lot of stuff.

I've never seen anything go faster than ligthspeed!

dmills
you'd have to prove he used a boomtube in each instance. if you can't, then the logical conclusion is that he went under his own power.

and superman would still be faster than 90% of them.

logical conclusion? much faster than light. Are you saying that current Supes can travel 25 light years in a matter of minutes?

dmills
Bottomline, your not beating the people that the Surfer battles by pounding them with fists. It's just not happening.

xJLxKing
Why not? Are they immune?

carver9
Just like I was telling pr, everyone that can fly can achieve light speed if we use it the way he's doing.

The list even include rogue and ironman, along with wonderman. Thats just plain out ridiculous.

Wild Shadow
the only reason ppl believe supes can move well above ftl is b/c stupid DC writers fail to abide by his power set and the sticky notes...

also b/c ppl want to explain why he can travel through space and planet to planet.. but if ppl pay attention no writer or narration box ever states supes moving well above light speed.

instead they use other ways to get past editorial like giving time from one moment to the next....

the whole point of retconning Supes so many times is b/c writers fail to abide by what power lvl he is suppose to display..... and it works for a few yrs until someone decides to have him move a planet or travel in space for weeks without breathing.. even though mongul only taught supes breathing techniques and to recycle his air supply to extend his space flight duration...

supes isnt suppose to fly above light speed but superman fanboys would rather apply real life logic then accept simple suspension of disbelief or editorial mistakes and artistic depiction..

reading beer

carver9
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
the only reason ppl believe supes can move well above ftl is b/c stupid DC writers fail to abide by his power set and the sticky notes...

also b/c ppl want to explain why he can travel through space and planet to planet.. but if ppl pay attention no writer or narration box ever states supes moving well above light speed.

instead they use other ways to get past editorial like giving time from one moment to the next....

the whole point of retconning Supes so many times is b/c writers fail to abide by what power lvl he is suppose to display..... and it works for a few yrs until someone decides to have him move a planet or travel in space for weeks without breathing.. even though mongul only taught supes breathing techniques and to recycle his air supply to extend his space flight duration...

supes isnt suppose to fly above light speed but superman fanboys would rather apply real life logic then accept simple suspension of disbelief or editorial mistakes and artistic depiction..

reading beer

True statement and they dont realize that supes is suppose to be at this a certain spot at a certain time, its part of the story. Its not that they're making it seem like he is flying at certain speeds but its just how the story is written.

The thing about this is that people that can actually achieve light speed has at least one statement saying that they can, hell, nova has recently been written in his own comics and he already have a statement saying that he can achieve light speed. Superman doesnt have one statement saying anything about him achieving light speed.

In a comic it was stated that mimic was flying 93000 mps. In a comic it was stated that nova was going light speed. In a comic it was stated that gladiator was flying 100 times the speed of light. In a comic it was stated that flash was fighting at light speed. The only refrence or statement that has been stated about superman speed is when he was racing flash and that was a speed of 2000 mps, anything above that is speculation on fanboys part.

james2099

reading beer VERY WELL SAID!! Happy Dance

Wild Shadow
thank you, i'll be here all week pimp slapping fanboyism where ever it can be found..

boxingboxed2

side note some ppl here will try to post scans where it eludes to supes about to reach light speed but never stated.

even the famous superman tantrum after Lex became president.

or supes using circumstances like a binary black hole to help him escape a blk hole..

or the whole prime and supes and original supes flying to oa... also current supes was/is suppose to be far below original Kal-L...

remember ppl suspension of disbelieve we all use it when we watch buck rogers or cap punching rhino or hulk....ect ect ect..

Let me hear, a hells ya!! cause WS said so!!... and thats the bottom line!!

-Pr-
Sounds to me like you're making up a lot of stuff.

I've never seen anything go faster than ligthspeed!

shock

say it aint so!

Are you saying that current Supes can travel 25 light years in a matter of minutes?

no. i'm saying he already did.

Originally posted by carver9
Just like I was telling pr, everyone that can fly can achieve light speed if we use it the way he's doing.

The list even include rogue and ironman, along with wonderman. Thats just plain out ridiculous.

it's not the superman writer's fault that some tool doesn't know his science. you take each character as they come. superman has broken the light speed barrier several times. you don't like it? tough.

reading beer

there's nothing (nothing at all) in his powerset that limits him to sublight travel.

seriously. where did you get the idea that there was?

dmills
Which version? Alternate timeline Supermen don't count. You're saying that CURRENT Superman has traveled 25 light years in mere minutes? Scans or issue numbers please?

-Pr-
Which version? Alternate timeline Supermen don't count. You're saying that CURRENT Superman has traveled 25 light years in mere minutes? Scans or issue numbers please?

it was in countdown. let me find the issue... 48.

dmills
it was in countdown. let me find the issue... 48. Never mind dude I'll just take your word for it. I tried to look up some Superman info and I ended up more confused then ever. Earth 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9; it's just a cluster f**k of Supermen.

If the main current Superman can do inter-galactic/dimensional travel in minutes, then he can fill in for the Surfer just fine IMO.

-Pr-
Never mind dude I'll just take your word for it. I tried to look up some Superman info and I ended up more confused then ever. Earth 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9; it's just a cluster f**k of Supermen.

If the main current Superman can do inter-galactic/dimensional travel in minutes, then he can fill in for the Surfer just fine IMO.

laughing out loud

yeah, there are a lot of supermen...

dmills
laughing out loud

yeah, there are a lot of supermen... And to think DC actually gives ink to all of them! I mean you got at least 30 Supermen running around the multiverse and they actually have written about all of them at one point or another! That's amazing. And that's not even counting the pseudo Supermen like Majestic, Apollo and Icon.

That's why when I asked you which one you were talking about I had to make sure it was the current MAINSTREAM Superman.

-Pr-
And to think DC actually gives ink to all of them! I mean you got at least 30 Supermen running around the multiverse and they actually have written about all of them at one point or another! That's amazing. And that's not even counting the pseudo Supermen like Majestic, Apollo and Icon.

That's why when I asked you which one you were talking about I had to make sure it was the current MAINSTREAM Superman.

just imagine, though: 30 power girls, 30 batgirls, etc... well, 52 actually...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.