KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman and The Silver Surfer switch

Superman and The Silver Surfer switch
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Superman and The Silver Surfer switch

Superman must live and protect the Marvel Universe for the next 10 years without getting killed in order to get back to his own universe....

Silver Surfer must live and Protect Dc Earth for the next 10 years without getting killed in order to get back to his own universe......

How do they do? Pretty much, Supes has to hold SS"s place down till he can gets back and SS has to do the same for Supes till he can get back........What happens? Can they do it?

Superman is not tied to Galactus..... He just must help protect the Marvel Universe as best as he can when duty calls...Supes will spend more tme in space like Surfer does when he was in the Marvel Universe and Surfer will spend more time on DC Earth like Superman did when he lived in the DC Universe...

Superman has his own current powers.....He and Surfer or even Galactus are not tied to eachother at all, just that supes helps to protect the Marvel universe as he roams the universe much like SS did......

Last edited by Supermex on Oct 25th, 2009 at 02:06 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 02:03 AM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Silver Surfer does just fine. Supes would have a hard time filling the Surfer's gig. Marvel cosmic characters traverse the universe either through wormholes or through hyperspace. Can Supes do that?

Last edited by dmills on Oct 25th, 2009 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 02:08 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dmills
Silver Surfer does just fine. Supes would have a hard time filling the Surfer's gig. Marvel cosmic characters traverse the universe either through wormholes or through hyperspace. Can Supes do that?

he can fly at multiples of the speed of light with ease, and has done so before. getting around won't be his biggest problem. galactus wanting a replacement for norrin and eyeing clark is, assuming that's not covered in the op's remarks about galactus. if it is, then i dunno...

superman is a lot more used to being a protector than norrin is, so that would count for something, i guess.

i dunno how either man would do.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 02:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Silver Surfer would fail hard at maintaining Superman's reputation and he'd fail hard at pleasing Lois but otherwise he'd do Superman's role fine. Superman would be a good substitute for SS but don't ask him to perform some of SS's more esoteric duties like shifting suns and closing blackholes.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 02:46 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

SS would have a hard time against DS, Heck he'd lose.

I don't see how much harder SS' job is

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 02:49 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Hmm I can just see DS explaining how Superman's jobber aura had weakened him for many years and now that he's gone he's at full power again. stick out tongue
SS doesn't really have much to do that isn't somehow related (even recursively) to Galactus.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 02:53 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Many times light speed won't cut it in the MU if you're filling in for the SS. Cosmic characters like SS and Nova can get from galaxy to galaxy in minutes if need be. It's standard requirement.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 04:06 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boriquaking55
Pak is a straight fool

SS would struggle since he's teh opposite of Supes, rather than a jobber aura he himself jobs a lot. Thus he would get wrecked.

Supes would struggle since he's not as versatile as SS, and would get wrecked by some of the cosmic threats in Marvel.

SS would have an easier time if written right, but when has he ever been?

I just got BLOW'D UP from the inside by a Skrull?!
AWW HELLL NAWWW!!!!!

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 04:09 AM
boriquaking55 is currently offline Click here to Send boriquaking55 a Private Message Find more posts by boriquaking55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

This topic is retarded. Just think about all the enemies that surfer fight on a daily basis. Now think of all the enemies Supes fight on a daily basis; it should be plain and clear on who would fail and who would succeed.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 04:09 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

SS doesn't even "protect" that much, most of his villains are just a bunch of assholes who won't leave him alone, and he chooses to get wrapped up in them. Superman could breeze through it.

SS could probably beat Superman's villains as well. He really has no weaknesses while Superman has many.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 04:27 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

when superman gets back to dc universe, he'd find that most of his villains are dead as the surfer has no qualms in killing villains..

Old Post Oct 25th, 2009 11:38 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Court

Silver Surfer gets offended pretty easily. One minute he's trying to be friends, but hit him once and he's all business. Surfer won't hold back. He'll pwn a majority of Superman's enemies with relative ease. Except for Darkseid. He'll take some work. But if Supes can do it, there's no reason Surfer can't.

Surfer doesn't exactly have a set cast of enemies. Sure, the odd recurring villain here and there, but he mainly seems to deal with sh*t wherever he finds it. Superman already tackled that kind of hero work in his early years before he got swamped with super villains. So, basically, Superman could consider it a vacation.

They both do just fine.

I possess the Wrist Lock Of Death...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 12:36 AM
Master Court is currently offline Click here to Send Master Court a Private Message Find more posts by Master Court Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
james2099
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
he can fly at multiples of the speed of light with ease, and has done so before. getting around won't be his biggest problem. galactus wanting a replacement for norrin and eyeing clark is, assuming that's not covered in the op's remarks about galactus. if it is, then i dunno...

superman is a lot more used to being a protector than norrin is, so that would count for something, i guess.

i dunno how either man would do.
No he cannot fly anywhere near as fast as surfer. Surfer would last a long time fighting supes enemies, he would go down in the end though. Superman would not last the first hour trying to protect the Marvel Universe.

Last edited by james2099 on Oct 26th, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 12:48 AM
james2099 is currently offline Click here to Send james2099 a Private Message Find more posts by james2099 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Surfer ends all threats everywhere while Superman dies... right off the bat.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 12:50 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
james2099
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
This topic is retarded. Just think about all the enemies that surfer fight on a daily basis. Now think of all the enemies Supes fight on a daily basis; it should be plain and clear on who would fail and who would succeed.
I agree 100%. It is amazing this thing is not closed.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 12:52 AM
james2099 is currently offline Click here to Send james2099 a Private Message Find more posts by james2099 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by james2099
No he cannot fly anywhere near as fast as surfer. Surfer would last a long time fighting supes enemies, he would go down in the end though. Superman would not last the first hour trying to protect the Marvel Universe.

he flies fast enough.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 12:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
james2099
Restricted

Account Restricted

he flies fast enough.
He is fast, but nowhere near what people think he can do. Superman has never in his life flown twice the speed of light, not current supes.. pre-crisis, yes.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 12:58 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

They both rise to the challenge.

Superman needs to go a lil faster than 2x lightspeed if he wants to traverse the distances Surfer does.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 12:59 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by james2099
He is fast, but nowhere near what people think he can do. Superman has never in his life flown twice the speed of light, not current supes.. pre-crisis, yes.

didnt read countdown? or justice league elite? or president lex? cos he did it in those.

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
They both rise to the challenge.

Superman needs to go a lil faster than 2x lightspeed if he wants to traverse the distances Surfer does.

which he can do with his eyes closed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 12:59 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

didnt read countdown? or justice league elite? or president lex? cos he did it in those.

which he can do with his eyes closed.
After we get the calculator out...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 01:03 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote