War of the Supermen - The DCU Superman Centric 2010 Event

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía

batdude123
It's funny that they give such a big Superman event to this assclown.

roughrider
Even the J.G. Jones cover looks unimpressive. Like watered down Alex Ross.

WickedDynamite
F*** YEAH!

Behold! Another WD prediction is upon YOU!

Do expect Monarch to make an apperance and Superman Prime as well

The great swami and guru WD has spoken!

Philosophía
Originally posted by batdude123
It's funny that they give such a big Superman event to this assclown.

They have Grant Morrison, who has written probably the best Superman ever and JMS, one of the best writers in the industry who happens to be a huge Superman fanboy, and they put him on an alternate reality while Grant does nothing.

They then take Superman out of his own book and have Robinson and Rucka write the only book in which he stars in, a book that while it may have a good characterization for Superman (and that is most certainly thanks to Rucka) it drags like hell, similar to the main titles, the ones he was taken out of.

Now, I understand this was a "Let's take the super out of Superman because otherwise Green Lantern and the like will never get out of his shadow" but this shit is getting ridiculous. Bad stories, one after another and not only that but the big event that's supposed to showcase Superman and raise his sales is written by the guy who brought him at that embarresing level in the first place.

starlock
Anybody have a feeling that..all this superman stuff...from his dissapearence in his own title to the world of krypton...now a new earth graphic novel on going...does anybody feel like this lawsuit is making them do all this?...like .... is this is leading up to a change that will keep them safe in case the lawsuit goes bad for them?

xJLxKing
Who will be writing this? According to that interview, Kryptonians are going to be getting their asses kick by weaker beings

Kris Blaze
So they're gonna kill off new krypton...

The Nuul
Isnt Marvel doing something close to this....that World War Hulks thingy?

vansonbee
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
So they're gonna kill off new krypton... Originally posted by The Nuul
Isnt Marvel doing something close to this....that World War Hulks thingy? Ahh smile

-Pr-
oh what the f*cking hell.

robinson can't write superman. get it through your damn heads DC.

JakeTheBank
...nothing good can come from this. Most of the Supertitles have been lackluster for a while and ending it with some "climactic" battle won't salvage it.

-Pr-
is it me or does new krypton look like a) its about to explode, and b) its WAY too close to earth?

JakeTheBank
LOL @ Superman's face. It's like he's singing that "Ding, fries are done!" Burger King song.

TheKahn
blink

Why are they screaming... in space?

The Nuul
Like Marvel has this starting soon..."world war hulks: alpha and world war hulks: gamma "

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22740

Juntai
Superman's titles have been amazing.
I don't see what all the hate is for.

Then again, I've been slacking on making it to the comic shop a good part of the year... so only going once a month, and by that time I have a whole handful of Superman/Action/Supergirl/New Krypton to read, in order. I've loved it. I liked it when they used to tell stories in this format in the 90's too.

BruceSkywalker
i may buy this, i will wait and see

willRules
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i may buy this, i will wait and see

You don't need to buy that issue, it's for free comic book day stick out tongue

Is it me or does it seem like JG Jones's style is deteriorating?

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by willRules

Is it me or does it seem like JG Jones's style is deteriorating?

It's just you.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by -Pr-
is it me or does new krypton look like a) its about to explode, and b) its WAY too close to earth?
Superman just has to play the Song of Time and all is well.

willRules
Art in Marvel Boy= Great
Art in Wanted = Gorgeous
52 covers= Incredible
His part in FC = First issue was good, rest was mediocre
Now this cover is pretty average IMO

Philosophía
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/02/10/prepare-for-the-100-minute-war/

War of Superman will be a 4 issue mini-series all shipping in the same month, depicting a battle that is supposed to last about 100 minutes.

Well, if it will be bad, at least it'll be over quick.

WickedDynamite
This is definetly going to be big! I daresay bigger than Final Crisis.

Galan007
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
I daresay bigger than Final Crisis. Doubt it.

Philosophía
He's constantly..improving.. the forum with anti Grant Morrison and his work posts. Don't feed him.

WickedDynamite
I haven't even mention Morrison here...Why are you people not tolerant of other people's opinions?

Don't even answer....I hate stupid over reacting drama. Thanks for spreading your own grudges with others.

Batman-Prime
Is this really the final cover? It looks unfinished. no expression

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
I haven't even mention Morrison here...Why are you people not tolerant of other people's opinions?

Because Its a debating forum ... Not an AA meeting !

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Because Its a debating forum ... Not an AA meeting !

If this is a debating forum. Why is there an ignore option?

Came to the wrong crowd to preach.

willRules
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Is this really the final cover? It looks unfinished. no expression

Thus furthering my argument that JG Jones (who used to be one of my favourite artists) is slowly getting worse....

-Pr-
Originally posted by willRules
Thus furthering my argument that JG Jones (who used to be one of my favourite artists) is slowly getting worse....

or lazy.

and yeah, this is not looking good at all to me. Didio royally f*cked up by putting Robinson on the book, imo...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.