KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » War of the Supermen - The DCU Superman Centric 2010 Event

War of the Supermen - The DCU Superman Centric 2010 Event
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

War of the Supermen - The DCU Superman Centric 2010 Event

(please log in to view the image)

"Superman has left Earth in the hands of Nightwing, Flamebird, Mon-El and the Guardian.

The tensions between Earth and New Krypton are slowly rising. The winds of war are stirring.

As our very own Dan DiDio has teased numerous times, 2010 is going to be a huge year for Superman. But just what is going on has not been revealed.

Until now. Welcome to the WAR OF THE SUPERMEN.

This lovely piece of J.G. Jones artwork is the cover to WAR OF THE SUPERMEN #0, which will hit stands 5/1/10, as the DCU FREE COMIC BOOK DAY title, and will kick off an event that is sure to change Superman’s status quo.

What more can we say? Not a lot — we can tell you writer James Robinson and artist Eddy Barrows will be taking point on the issue — but we did manage to rope SUPERMAN Group Editor Matt Idelson for a quick tease about what’s to come. Take it away, Matt:

“WAR OF THE SUPERMEN is the culmination of literally years of stories in the Super-books, all building to a destructive conflict which can have no victors. This Free Comic Book Day #0 issue is going to show the readers that no cows are sacred, and that they don’t want to miss this event.”

Short Interview:

http://techland.com/2009/12/08/war-...h-matt-idelson/

I've got to admit that since James Robinson is writing it, whose work I lately simply just don't like or seldomly do, makes this storyline's excitement nonexistent.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 02:50 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

It's funny that they give such a big Superman event to this assclown.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 03:46 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Even the J.G. Jones cover looks unimpressive. Like watered down Alex Ross.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:05 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

F*** YEAH!

Behold! Another WD prediction is upon YOU!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Do expect Monarch to make an apperance and Superman Prime as well

The great swami and guru WD has spoken!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 04:14 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
It's funny that they give such a big Superman event to this assclown.

They have Grant Morrison, who has written probably the best Superman ever and JMS, one of the best writers in the industry who happens to be a huge Superman fanboy, and they put him on an alternate reality while Grant does nothing.

They then take Superman out of his own book and have Robinson and Rucka write the only book in which he stars in, a book that while it may have a good characterization for Superman (and that is most certainly thanks to Rucka) it drags like hell, similar to the main titles, the ones he was taken out of.

Now, I understand this was a "Let's take the super out of Superman because otherwise Green Lantern and the like will never get out of his shadow" but this shit is getting ridiculous. Bad stories, one after another and not only that but the big event that's supposed to showcase Superman and raise his sales is written by the guy who brought him at that embarresing level in the first place.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Dec 8th, 2009 at 05:35 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 05:31 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Anybody have a feeling that..all this superman stuff...from his dissapearence in his own title to the world of krypton...now a new earth graphic novel on going...does anybody feel like this lawsuit is making them do all this?...like .... is this is leading up to a change that will keep them safe in case the lawsuit goes bad for them?

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 05:59 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Who will be writing this? According to that interview, Kryptonians are going to be getting their asses kick by weaker beings

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 06:31 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

So they're gonna kill off new krypton...

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 08:36 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Isnt Marvel doing something close to this....that World War Hulks thingy?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 08:39 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
So they're gonna kill off new krypton...
Originally posted by The Nuul
Isnt Marvel doing something close to this....that World War Hulks thingy?
Ahh smile

Old Post Dec 8th, 2009 08:50 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

oh what the f*cking hell.

robinson can't write superman. get it through your damn heads DC.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 01:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

...nothing good can come from this. Most of the Supertitles have been lackluster for a while and ending it with some "climactic" battle won't salvage it.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 02:51 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

is it me or does new krypton look like a) its about to explode, and b) its WAY too close to earth?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 02:56 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

LOL @ Superman's face. It's like he's singing that "Ding, fries are done!" Burger King song.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 04:13 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

blink

Why are they screaming... in space?

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 06:11 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Like Marvel has this starting soon..."world war hulks: alpha and world war hulks: gamma "

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=22740

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 02:07 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Superman's titles have been amazing.
I don't see what all the hate is for.

Then again, I've been slacking on making it to the comic shop a good part of the year... so only going once a month, and by that time I have a whole handful of Superman/Action/Supergirl/New Krypton to read, in order. I've loved it. I liked it when they used to tell stories in this format in the 90's too.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 06:51 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i may buy this, i will wait and see

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 9th, 2009 07:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i may buy this, i will wait and see

You don't need to buy that issue, it's for free comic book day stick out tongue

Is it me or does it seem like JG Jones's style is deteriorating?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2009 07:26 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by willRules

Is it me or does it seem like JG Jones's style is deteriorating?

It's just you.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2009 02:35 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote