SeeD Saga --- OOC and Sign-Up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

iKinneas
SeeD Saga: Destined Chaos

Time has grown bleak in the past few centuries. Since the original defeat of Sorceress Ultimecia, and the passing of both hers and Edea's powers to Rinoa Heartilly, everything has gone to Hell. Within a very brief time, a world war broke out between supporters of Sorceresses and those who would have their heads. A mercenary group known as SeeD, now headed by Squall Leonhart and Quistis Trepe, as well as Squad Commanders Irvine Kinneas, Selphie Tilmitt, and Zell Dincht were dispatched to prevent political uprisings, and to perform SeeD's original purpose: Protection of the current Sorceress, no matter the cost. Years and years passed, the SeeD mercs fighting in order to quell the threats that befell Rinoa, until one day, she fell to a single blade, granting her powers to a lone girl, who would soon after disappear without a trace.

The war would all but end, leaving in its wake a long-held tension amongst the five continents:

Esthar to the East, Galbadia to the West, Trabia to the North, Balamb at dead center, and the Outer Islands to the South.

Two centuries passed, the tensions holding until one day, ambassadors arriving from Balamb and Galbadia would meet in the most neutral location imaginable: a remote space station known as Sol del Luna. Treaties were passed in an attempt at peace between the two nations, and alliances were forged. Now, a new peace summit is set for the Esthar government, ambassadors arriving there for the summit. Accompanying each is a small group of their own SeeD units, newly reformed with the new goal of keeping peace throughout the lands from whence they come.

Along the way, several threats will be posed. Anything that is even slightly probable... is possible. Vampires, Sprites, Lycans, Summons... Anything, so long as you do not god-mod. As many may have noticed, yes, this is my own unique twist on the follow-up to Final Fantasy 8, more or less. Much, however, has changed. Characters will no longer draw magic from the map or enemies, but simply will have a solitary element of magic they are good with. (Fire, Ice, Lightning, Healing, etc.)

As stated, centuries have passed, so none of the original characters are playable. We're looking at a BRAND NEW CAST. So be thinking of a character, if you are interested. New SeeD units means new Classes, dependent on how you play and what sort of character you want. Race is no matter of importance if you prefer to play a SeeD. All I ask is be creative.

I would like someone to play the sorceress, so please, if you are interested, PM me with a sample of your material and let me know you're interested. I don't want a huge paragraph, but I would like something showing you can string together a coherent line of spelling and grammar. I don't ask perfection, just something that makes sense (i.e. "Someone must have set us up!" rather than "Someone set up us the bomb!"wink The sorceress is a major role, and I would like her player to be active, as well, if possible.

Character classes are as follows:

Sniper: Best suited for ranged attacks, these are your riflemen, your distance fighters, etc. They will almost always have a rifle on their person, and are known for the ability to deliver from far off. Excel in guns of most kinds. Hardly ever miss.

Spectre: Stealth units. Best for sneaking and infiltration, they usually excel in close-quarters combat (CQC) and carry close-range weaponry. Good with lockpicks of all kinds.

Techie: Techno-Whizkids. These are the ones who use all of the latest gadgets. They are good at hacking or wiring, as well as lockpicking. Decent at fighting, and usually stay out of the field, unless proper backup/technology is supplied. Perfect for recon.

Bladesman: No guns here. These fighters are all about swords, knives, and daggers. They usually have a proficiency in blade arts, and are quite accurate with throwing knives/daggers most of the time.

Gunslinger: Different from your Snipers in the respect that these guys will carry only guns, and rarely are they rifles. Gunslinger classes tend to favor pistols and shotguns, but can function well with any type of gun, usually. They maintain a firm belief that blades are a thing of the past.

Caster: Usually these will be your strict magic users, though some will carry blade(s) or gun(s) as secondary weapon(s). Their magic is true, and they can use White and Dark magic. Their GF compatability tends to rise rather quickly in comparison to other classes.

Medic: As the name implies, these little buggers are good with healing. Whether it be creation of healing items or proficiency in healing magicks, they fly above the rest in the arts of medicine, and tend to carry a standard machine gun or set of pistols.

Character sheets:

Name: (let's refrain from using descendants of the originals. for the sake of avoiding arguments)
Age: (SeeD units usually hit 18 for the admission as a SeeD)
Race: (just don't overpower yourself and anything is fair game)
Class: (explained below)
Garden: (this will explain where they were trained, and should be named appropriately based upon their home country. i.e., Galbadia Garden, Balamb Garden, etc.NOTE:: There is NO GARDEN in the Outer Islands!!! If you are from there, attend another Garden, and mention your origins in a post and/or your bio, please.)
Weaponry: Keeping in mind this is a Final Fantasy spin-off and has potetial for some ridiculous weapons, let's keep it user-friendly for yourself and the other players, please)
Garden Fighter {GF}: (these are the summons for this one. again, nothing too overbearing. one per character, and please, don't fight. many people can use the same one. also, let's throw this out there: bahamut in any variation, as well as anima, yojimbo, and the magus sisters... are ridiculously overpowered and should be avoided if possible, please)
Appearance: (a pic or a written description is fine. whichever you find more approachable)
Bio: (nothing too expansive, unless you want it to be. just something to explain a small bit about your character. behaviors, mannerisms, personality, also fit in here.)

Next post, I will have up my character. Everyone else... Have fun. When we get three or four of you to come along, I will open the actual RP thread.

iKinneas
http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/57923/dark-anime-guy-image.jpg

Name: Kale "Ghost" McIntyre
Race: Human
Class: SPECTRE
Garden: Galbadia Garden
Weaponry: Gunblade, Twin Pistols, Pocket Knife
Garden Fighter (GF): Diablos (Special Effect: Demi {Releases into the air a toxin that will disorient an enemy for several seconds, usually long enough for a quick escape from a bad situation. Also has slight chance that hit will cause headaches and minor nausea. Stamina is dropped slightly.})
Appearance: {See Above Pic}
Bio: Ghost, as he now is called, was born and raised in Galbadia, and his greatest dream had always been to join SeeD. Now that his goals have been accomplished, he is out to prove that he is the best SPECTRE unit in all of SeeD. He is loyal to his friends, but tends to be overly cautious around others. Tends to be bipolar, showing mostly in that some days he is incredibly social, and others he is quite antisocial. His condition has remained un-modified by medication, and as such is prone to kicking in at the worst times on occasion, making what few friends he has that can stand him the ones he trusts the absolute most. Ghost has been a fighting member of SeeD for three years now, and has participated in a total of seventeen missions since the initial year of SPECTRE training upon admission.

TxG
Name: Sienna Harraway
Class: Caster
Garden: Balamb
Weapory: Pin Wheel
Garden Fighter: SHIVA - Diamond Dust
http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac80/TwilightxGirl27/359674-shiva9_b_super.jpg
Appearance http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac80/TwilightxGirl27/brady.jpg
Bio: has been apart of Balamb garden for 2 years now she has a good reputation and is a newly recruited seed member. She is efficent and always says what's on her mind and is open upfront and honest and is especially loyal to her garden and respects the other gardens as well.

TxG
EDIT. changed her name to Lucia Grant

iKinneas
Coolies, approved! Nice use of Shiva, BTW! XD

iKinneas
Also, for those who are unfamiliar, here is a pic of Diablos:

http://www.eternal-legend.com/wallpaper/eight/diablos.jpg

Young_Angel
Will post me character soon. smile Won't be long for me to do so. ^^

Matr0shka
Only thing i like about Diablos is Demi. Behamut is where its at !

Name: Ienzo ****
Class: Caster
Garden: Galbadia Garden
Weaponry: A massive book of spells (Lexicon) and he carries a short sword on the side once he has run out of MP
Garden Fighter {GF}: YoJimbo -Zanmato Attack
Appearance:
Bio: Ienzo grew up in Deiling city for many years with his parents. As a child he excelled in all subjects in school making him very exceptable to Galbadia. But when he turned 9 his dad was forced to leave Deiling City reasons Ienzo never knew. They moved to the queit nice town of Balamb and not to far off was in veiw of Balamb Garden. Ienzo at the very young age of 13 was aprrenticed as a local science researcher. His work consisted of the study of GF. Once he was 16 he met a girl who became his best friend. Later for his 17th Birthday she became his girl friend. Hours after that his dad passed away from a heart attack. Later when he was 20 he proposed to his girl friend. That feel to peices when se suddenly one day dissapeared. All he had left was the ring. He then thought maybe she was never real. At 4 in the morning he wrote a note and kissed his mother goodbye while she was asleep. He then ran far away and eventually he reached Galbadia where he now lives.

Matr0shka
Ienzo and YoJimbo

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/9164/yojimbo.jpg

iKinneas
Originally posted by iKinneas
SeeD Saga: Destined Chaos

Garden Fighter {GF}: (these are the summons for this one. again, nothing too overbearing. one per character, and please, don't fight. many people can use the same one. also, let's throw this out there: bahamut in any variation, as well as anima, yojimbo, and the magus sisters... are ridiculously overpowered and should be avoided if possible, please)

no expression

Otherwise, good to go.

iKinneas
On a totally unrelated note...

KzmxV7roYec

>.>

Matr0shka
o lol how YoJimbo over powered ? hes as powerful as much munny you have. Whos to say my char has enough HMMMMMM!?!?!?! would you want me to change it ?

Anon E. Mous
Name: Cidolfus "Cid" Bunansa IV

Class: Techie

Garden: Balamb

Weaponry: Specially self-designed gauntlets that are constantly running electricity from the generator he carries on his back. His prowess in hand-to-hand combat is augmented greatly by them. (Sorry it's a little complicated, but I've always wanted to do a character with these weapons)

Garden Fighter {GF}: Alexander - Holy

Appearance: Small, but with a muscular build. Always carries a backpack full of technical equipment. Blond hair cropped short to keep it out of his face, and a helmet with a telescoping eye attachment.

Bio: Born in Galbadia, but smuggled into Balamb as a child. When he enrolled in the Balamb Garden, his natural technical skill showed itself. By the time he enrolled in SeeD, he had invented several techs, including his gauntlets, and the solar powered generator that keeps them powered up.

iKinneas
Originally posted by Matr0shka
o lol how YoJimbo over powered ? hes as powerful as much munny you have. Whos to say my char has enough HMMMMMM!?!?!?! would you want me to change it ?

Fair enough, point made. XD I was thinking about my playthrough when I had infinite gil. x.x

Also, Anon, good to go. And Matr0shka, overlook my last post, go crazy. XD

MadMel
Name: Miles Astra
Class: bladesman
Garden: Balamb Garden
Weaponry: Twin Gunblades (2 smaller gunblades, if thats allowed - if not than just twin swords), throwing knives
Garden Fighter (GF): (i thought GF stoof for 'Guardian Force' - at least thats what it mean in the PAL version of the game)
ifrit (Special Effect: Hellfire {a powerful fire attack - nothing fancy, just a good ol' fireball to the face})
Appearance: http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1001/d06/2323/d88f342.png
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/thumb/e/e8/CCFF7-Ifrit.jpg/378px-CCFF7-Ifrit.jpg
Bio: an intelligent, quiet kid who mostly keeps to himself, miles is formidable with blades of all kinds, but prefers his twin gun-blades above all else..when he does speak, he is polite and well-spoken..despite his shy nature, he is generally viewed as popular due to his skill's as a bladesman..

iKinneas
Approved. Also, in the NTSC version, it was for Garden Fighter. XD

MadMel
sweet big grin

question - can GF's be used for more than just battle (eg. using them as transport, or, for example, miles using ifrit as a sparing partner because he has no real friends stick out tongue)
also - id like to change 'throwing knives' to 'blaster edge' (like rinoa's weapon), if thats ok erm

iKinneas
Mkay, weapon change is no sweat. And yeah, I suppose you could use a GF for that purpose. Never really thought about it before. XD

Will open thread when I get home from work, everyone.

MadMel
ty big grin

TxG
Can't wait for this big grin

MadMel
i wonder when IK gets hopes from work - its almost midnight here stick out tongue

TxG
no idea to be honest and really lol It's only 12.36pm here big grin

iKinneas
will be home in four hours. can post then. this is from my mobile so is hard to type. T.T

Vexx Nefarius
I am interested in joining.
I already have a kool idea for a character.

However it has been ages since I've played Final Fantasy, thus i am unfamiliar with the Gardens and Garden Fighters.

Could anyone please help me, or point me in the right direction?

Matr0shka
HELL NO **** OFF ! lol kidding , go to wikipedia type in Final Fantasy 8 and read up on it. Still got question after that i can answer them ive played the game hundreds of times over and over XD well at when i was 10 when it came out

Anon E. Mous
Quick question: Are there Chocobos in this universe?

Matr0shka
o ya

Anon E. Mous
What about airships?

iKinneas
Airships... I don't honestly recall aside from Balamb Garden if there were any or not. It's been a while. I'm midway through a fresh playthrough on disc 1, but as it was a 4 disc game, I could be a while. As it's several hundred years later, though, I would say, sure, let's attempt airships.

Anon E. Mous
So if there are no airships, what is the main form of transportation?

iKinneas
In-game? Well, there were cars, trains, sea-faring ships, and the incident where they activated Balamb. I mean, like I said, it's been a few centuries, so if you wanna add in airships, we can. I could totally see it happening, and like I said, it's very possible that there are some in this universe. It's just been a while since I've played, so I don't wanna say yes or no for sure. T.T

Anon E. Mous
Okay, cars and stuff are fine, we don't have to add airships just for me. I'm just trying to familiarize myself a little with the universe so I don't say anything that doesn't make sense.

iKinneas
Ah, kk, that works as well. XD Will have the thread open in just a few, folks. Everyone keep an eye open!

TxG
Do you know sorceress ultemecia is she going to take over a present day sorceress like she did with edea or will ultemecia be in our time and not used time compression.

iKinneas
I was actually thinking... I have big plans for the sorceress, but I'm not sure how to put them into this thread without mass spoilers, so... For now, let's say she's her own entity... But eventually, Ultimecia will make an appearance, just not in the same way as expected. If that makes any sense. T.T

iKinneas
For those wondering what I would consider the theme song of this RP, I don't have one. Instead, I substitute this with a J-Pop music video. Enjoy. >.>

SX8CETRXDy8

MadMel
wait - so every character is going to the summit, not just the galbadian's, right?

iKinneas
Absolutely. Galbadia and Balamb ambassadors and their SeeD teams are on their way to Esthar aboard the train. Balamb and Galbadia are at peace, we are on the way to sign a treaty with Esthar's ambassador.

MadMel
k posted appropriately stick out tongue

iKinneas
Awesomeness. XD

MadMel
just wondering - what time is it there?

iKinneas
Here? I've got 6:27 pm on my bedside clock.

MadMel
11:30 am - so i have to be up roughly this early to rp.. stick out tongue

iKinneas
Ah, now I get it. XD

MadMel
laughing out loud

Matr0shka
MWHAHAAH ! awsome start for the RP

MadMel
why thank you stick out tongue
or were you referring to IK - or yourself shifty

iKinneas
I say altogether, we're doing quite well.

Anon E. Mous
Sorry I haven't posted yet. I don't have access to a computer, currently typing on my phone. I'll get a post in sometime soon.

MadMel
bloody timezones - the boredom, she kills stick out tongue

Anon E. Mous
I know this will sound kind of whiny, but I only had Cid attack Ienzo because he was insulted. Ienzo called him ignorant, and he is a real honor kind of guy.

MadMel
pfft - character development is character development - dont worry about it big grin

Matr0shka
((this character will be used later on :3 ))
Name: Luxa Marly

Class: Swordsman

Garden: Galbadia

Weaponry: Scythe

GF: Carbuncle -Ruby Light

Bio: Luxa as a kid was a jokester. He was the clown in class, at home as well he loved to be a "little shit". One day when he was 7 years old as he was walking threw the feild of Galbadia to go hoem from school he felt a random tear go down his face. He thought he had the perfect day. Feeling amazingly happy he ran home to his parents to find them in there bed dead. Later it was found out a hitman had killed them quietly while they were sleeping, by stabing several thin needles into the heart and major organs. They died instantly. From that moment Lexa lost all happiness in his childhood and he was never the same. To current day he is quite and often dreams of betraying people. Hes a Galbadia soilder.

MadMel
he'd make a great boss stick out tongue

Matr0shka
Luxa lol he was in Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

MadMel
thought i recognized the name/weapon stick out tongue

Matr0shka
XD !!!! i wove him ! hes so awsome :3 btw hes ganna come in way later for a good reason im assuming this thread wont die. Even if the thread owner stops posting me you and I could keep the plot going. Cause if it died " That would be an unfortunate denouement"

MadMel
.....erm
edit - hey! isnt it a little early for you to be directing the plot??

anywho - for any gunblade nuts - heres the dissidia movelist for squall
most of miles' attacks are gonna look like these, only with 2 gunblades instead of one..

vM8puy-59W4

Matr0shka
O MY GOODNESS YES 1!!!!! big grin Squall is awsome. O man he kicked her ass

MadMel
squall is awesome, but the guy playing as him wasnt - i reckon i could have done a better job...maybe erm

Matr0shka
lol same im a video game nerd. Haha i beat games in hours unfortuanantly sad !

MadMel
yea i know that feeling erm

anyways - for shits and giggles, a well edited dissidia movie (almost made me believe you could actually have 3 way fights in dissidia stick out tongue)

OqJSSZd_3lQ

Matr0shka
very nicely made smile ! btw i posted on the RP threat if you wanna talk about what i put. That missile btw will have a purpose later on. Its a huge deal and it wont change the plot

MadMel
im gonna wait on the two people who post the least before continuing erm

Matr0shka
Ya i just happen to have gotten home early from my date :P her mom was paranoid >______________>

MadMel
.......erm

Matr0shka
eye

Anon E. Mous
Silly Matr0shka, everyone knows guys on the Internet don't have girlfriends...

Matr0shka
hahaha XD !!! lol actually she just became my gf. Hope this one doesnt end up being another psycho pathic ***** lol you have no idea the shit i have gone threw XD !!!!!

Anon E. Mous
Trust me man, I feel your pain.

TxG
hate being in a different timezone so im staying up tonight to post with you guys.

MadMel
im still here, even though its 11 pm here erm

TxG
Yep i know... Still we can only do so much and not go too far ahead without ikinneas XD

MadMel
yea - sucks when you're the only rper around with no life stick out tongue

TxG
lol XD

MadMel
hang on - isnt lucia already a seeD? or just a candidate?

TxG
She's a canditate but everyone at balamb expects her to do well because she has a good attitude and shows good poise under pressure and they think she's a natural.

MadMel
funny - and my character said a while ago he's supposed to review candidates stick out tongue

TxG
Lol i did orginally put on i was a newly recruited seed member but seeing as most are candiates i thought i may as well be as well plus it was too late to edit which sucks but soz for the confusion she is a candiate. XD

MadMel
sweet! its character development time stick out tongue

TxG
Lol yup i guess it is XD

MadMel
gotta feel sorry for a guy like miles stick out tongue

TxG
Lol why he the one that is going to be reviewing us poor candiates it's us that need the pity then again a girl like lucia is bound to make him edgy just a little bit stick out tongue

MadMel
hate to break it to you, but miles only reviews balamb candidates, and the only other balamb character is cid, who's already a seeD - the only character miles is reviewing is lucia stick out tongue

TxG
lol omdz then he's in for a treat then stick out tongue

MadMel
haha indeed big grin

TxG
lol XD

MadMel
okies, unless you post in 5 minutes im off stick out tongue
night big grin

TxG
shoot i guess i missed you then lol soz XD

Matr0shka
lol i wake up to find you 2 talking up a whole page XD !!!

TxG
lol yep but i felt bad not posting much so i though I would make it up...plus i will be on more tonight XD

Matr0shka
haha cool i know im home for the day along with more studying. To cold to go out >.< !

TxG
Hell yea it's well cold keeps trying to snow off and on here XD

Matr0shka
lolzors XD dammit sad ! we need to continue on but its like what could we do everyones stuck in a damn train !

iKinneas
Hey, guys, sorry, been gone. Dunno what's up with the story, but if I could get a quick update, that'd be lovely. Sorry again.

EDIT: Anon, I Ghost is nowhere near the best SPECTRE in all of SeeD. o.o

And guys, keep the OOC in here, please. I'm having hell reading around it in the RP thread. T.T

Anon E. Mous
Hmm...

Oh! I thought in your bio you said best in all of SeeD, but you said "aspires to be the best" My bad.

Man, I've been doing all kinds of stuff wrong in this one.

Matr0shka
i sent you a PM IRVINE !!!! Anon its ok we all make mistakes...... except for me .... im perfect :3 :P !!!!!

iKinneas
It's all good, dude. Anyway will post in a bit. Gonna have a nap. Everything carry on. Proceed with whatever. XD

Matr0shka
we cant proceed with anything cause we dont know what direction to go in X_X

TxG
true and i can't double post XD

Matr0shka
i dont know what to post really. I mean running out of things for my characters to do

iKinneas
Oops, sorry, my mistake. ^^'

I left a little guidance in the RP thread, will be back tomorrow evening to make a better run of a post. For now, please overlook my absence.

MadMel
lol both lucia and miles gave eachother the wrong impression stick out tongue

MadMel
hold it
i think some pof us are confused
i think we're already at esthar, as IK just posted
i guess he wanted to skip the train ride and move on to the big stuff stick out tongue

Matr0shka
LOLOLOLOLOL !!!!!!!!!

MadMel
also, i think the ice fields i mentioned are actually west of esthar - oh well stick out tongue

TxG
LOL. gave each other the wrong impression ( Cough) oh if you want a quick training session meet me in 20 mins in the icy fields... Whats wrong with going for some old fashioned coffee. jk XD

MadMel
rofl!! stick out tongue

iKinneas
Yupp yupp, skipped ahead to Esthar so everyone could do some free-roaming exploration while I'm afk. I'm gonna be in and out for another day or two, but hopefully it'll only be a day or two. T.T

MadMel
its ok - we got cid's angry face and two young people giving each other the wrong impression *cough* - we'll be fine stick out tongue

iKinneas
XD

TxG
Lol XD yep we will just keep posting doing stuff.

Matr0shka
**** im off to bed skool >.< !

MadMel
ok just so you know, these are what miles' weapons look like -

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/3/31/Gunblade_Flame_Saber_2.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/26/Disc.png

Matr0shka
hmmm was that in the 3rd issue of weapons magazine ?

MadMel
something like that erm
it just goes with miles' general fire theme stick out tongue

Matr0shka
haha nice a regular Axel/Lea

MadMel
lol stick out tongue

Matr0shka
lolololol 3 way fight both on me ? MWHAAHHA

MadMel
well he is a boss character in a ff VIII game stick out tongue

Matr0shka
lol Marluxia ? from VIII you are terribley mistaken Marluxia is from Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories o and i my post is fixed. Dont get mad im a small boss so of course theres a twist

MadMel
you misunderstand me - i was referring to THIS game - not the actual ff8 stick out tongue

Matr0shka
o lolololololol true dat, a taste of a small boss big grin !

MadMel
silly matroshka erm

Matr0shka
^_^ eaither my PC is slow with these posts or somthing in the RP section the last post was you saying (( Get hit by the mereorite)) or somthing like that. O and i edited that last post that will stop the confusion ya ?

MadMel
lol i figured stick out tongue

Matr0shka
haha "Lucia" is a bit off :3 !

MadMel
so are you - you missed her dispel stick out tongue

Matr0shka
o.0 o did I !

TxG
Lol im trying to stay awake its 3.30 in the morning

MadMel
hang in there stick out tongue

Matr0shka
o god poor girl D: ! lol i hope you dont have collage or anything like that stick out tongue if i ever stayed up till then id mine as well stick it out

TxG
Lol got no work so it's all good XD

Matr0shka
mwahahah stick out tongue well i got a nasty test tommorow but im sure ill get a A i studied just about all day today

TxG
Good Luck XD

MadMel
"the square root of pi is luxa..........goddammit!!"
stick out tongue

Matr0shka
LOL ! wtf XD im in Phisiology and Anatomy in Massage Therapy big grin

MadMel
ooh nice - massages are fun stick out tongue

Matr0shka
ya they are smile but right now its more books than Massage so i gatta stay after n practice big grin

MadMel
congratulations, luxa joined the party!

Matr0shka
XD HAHAHAHA lol

MadMel
big grin

Matr0shka
im tired good night lool

MadMel
good afternoon stick out tongue

Matr0shka
X_X morning for me lol